[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Like I'm not even trying to bait or shitpost or anything,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: 2885887-thelastguardian1.jpg (98 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
2885887-thelastguardian1.jpg
98 KB, 1200x675
Like I'm not even trying to bait or shitpost or anything, but everything I've seen about this looks really boring. Why do people care so much about this?

Is it just because Team ICO is making it?
>>
>>339116382
SPOILERS
Trico shoots lightning out of its butt now. Im not kidding.
>>
It's hard to see appeal if you suffer from ADD.
>>
>>339116382

Been too long in development hell. I'm pretty sure it's a patch job. Might be decent though.
>>
I don't even understand why so many people is so hyped for a game made by some devs that have made 2 (two) ok games.
>>
Ico>sotc
>>
It is going to be essentially a walking simulator, but people will still gush about it becuase of "muh atmosphere" which basically means all they did was create an empty isolated area and removed all music in place of just having ambient wind and bird sound effects. Then at the end, they'll kill the dog bird thing and all of the critics will cry and go "10/10 GREATEST GAME EVER, SO SAD AND DRAMATIC, THIS GAME ISN'T GAME IT'S ART!"
>>
>>339117213

A lot of people think both games are fantastic.
>>
>>339116382

It is just because it's team ico. And I don't even think /v/ would call you on baiting, the general majority seems to be that /v/ doesn't like this game so far
>>
>>339117332

Look at Nostradamus over here.
>>
>>339117332
Can you tell me the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow?
>>
>>339117371

They're just ok games though.
>>
>>339117598

1-800-GOFUCKYOURSELF
>>
>>339117673
Which is your opinion. Other people hold the opinion that they're fantastic, and there are people that believe they are terrible. Such are opinions.
>>
>>339117332
Hang yourself
>>
>>339117332
Team ico makes puzzle plataformers, dont be an asshat
>>
>>339117779

But they're really just ok games, they don't have any outstanding or remarkably elements like a really good gameplay, or a really good plot, or a lot of replayability, or etc.

Maybe just their atmosphere is outstanding but only that, and a good atmosphere doesn't turn an ok game into a fantastic masterpiece.
>>
>>339117952

I hope you aren't implying ico was "puzzle" at all, it's an insult to the genre.
>>
>>339117416
Because they don't.
I doubt most of /v/ has played Ico or SotC.
>>
WHERE IS PEW PEW ACTION PRESS X FOR AWESOME THIS IS BOOOOOOOORING
>>
File: 27694569-512-k510675.jpg (41 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
27694569-512-k510675.jpg
41 KB, 512x800
>>339118120
>>
>>339118267

Aww, you're so cute when you have to resort to memes when your mansplaining fails. Ico wasn't a puzzle game at all, unless climbing a ladder and pulling a lever is considered a puzzle. Nobody would give Ico a second glance if it wasn't for "muh atmosphere" and "muh emotions" bullshit
>>
>>339118434
You forgot the last areas where you need to pull mirrors around to burn ropes and shit?

It was an easy game, but by no means a bad one.
>>
>>339118083
Shadow of the Colossus has yet to be topped in terms of gameplay involving fighting fuckhuge bosses. It also had great atmosphere and a 10/10 soundtrack
>>
>>339117213
Cool opinion, bro.
>>
>>339116382
People intentionally play Team ICO's stuff because it's boring. They feel as if playing a fucking boring piece of shit makes them above everyone else as if they're viewing high art instead of just a lame ass video game. Yeah man I sure loved holding some bitch's hand doing fuckall and wandering a vast wasteland for hours to play five minutes of an actual game. Fuck you I hate you so god damn much just kill me already I can't take this shit anymore please it hurts these games are so fucking retarded it's legitmie insane I can t stand itt.
>>
>>339116382
>Is it just because Team ICO is making it
yes
and they've done good shit in the past so this deserves its hype. Ico probably looked boring too but it's more about the story and mood their games give off that make them memorable and entertaining
>>
>>339117943
And he's wrong how?
>>
File: 1356664486124.gif (534 KB, 250x144) Image search: [Google]
1356664486124.gif
534 KB, 250x144
>>339119363
>>
>>339119363
why are you so mad? Your console doesnt get any games? poor guy.
>>
>>339118083

I'm not trying to convince you they're fantastic. I'm pointing out that a lot of people think they are, which means it's completely understandable that they would be hyped for the third game by that studio. So "I don't understand why people are hyped for a game being released by a studio with only 2 okay games under their belt" is a dumb thing to be confused about.
>>
Honestly I found ICO boring, it has great atmosphere but that's not enough to make something fun.

SotC on the other hand is one of my all time favourites, which is kind of worrying since tLG looks a lot like ICO.

Either way I'm still looking forward to it.
>>
>>339120067
The Last Guardian looks like neither game.
Its something new.
>>
>SOTC is now too boring to O/v/erwatch

This board is dead. No wonder vidya is dying.
>>
Is this another TLG shitposting thread? If it's already this bad pre-release, it has zero chance of surviving post release.
>>
>>339120067
LG has a lot of climbing puzzles and using Trico to climb towers and shit. Imo its 50/50 ico/sotc.
>>
>>339120165
No you neo/V/edditor newfag son of a bitch this board is more alive than ever since faglords like you are finally getting kicked off in favor of real games with REAL GAMEPLAY! YEAH GAMEPLAY! WHAT A FUCKING SHOCKING THING TO EXPECT IN YOUR FUCKING VIDEO GAME HUH?! OH MUH GAWD MUH ATMOSPHERE OH GAWD I'M JIZZING AHHHHAHHHAHHHHHH FUCK OFF I HATE OYU DIE YOU FUCKING NIGGER JUST DIEDIDEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!
>>
>>339120152

"use your NPC companion to progress while simultaneously babysitting them" sounds very similar to ICO in concept. Not that I'm implying they'll be the same (and I don't have anything against ICO anyway), bet skepticism is warranted.
>>
>>339120350

I remember my first attempt at epic trolling.
>>
>>339116382
> Is it just because Team ICO is making it?

Yes. Every game to come out seems to be some beat em up, dude with a sword or man with guns

Then there's team ico making a full budget adventure with a unique dark atmosphere. Wish Nier had a top notch budget as well
>>
>>339120350
>platformers aren't games
>press q for awesome is

Thanks for proving me right cancer. Now fuck off back to your overwatch threads.
>>
>>339120350
hey dude chill they're just children's toys you developmentally stunted loser.
>>
>>339120427
Sorry kiddo but telling you that you like GARBAGE is not trolling you fucking retard. Stop supporting this cancer you're on the same tier as the faggots who praise Gone Home. Go play a real game like MGSV for once in your fucking life or get the hell out.
>>
>>339120249

>surviving

A single player single playthrough game doesn't need to 'survive.'
>>
>>339120249
Nintendrones have been on fire all week.
>>
File: Uhhh.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Uhhh.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>>339120495
>Stop supporting this cancer

Or...what?
>>
>>339120454
>Wish Nier had a top notch budget as well
Why? You just complained about all games being beat em up dude with a sword or man with guns. That literally described Nier.
>>
>>339117332
I came to this same conclusion during a gameplay video. Games don't surprise me anymore.
>>
>>339116382
It's something that some will be interested in and others not. Different tastes and all that.
>>
>>339120610
I loved it for the story behind it, the music, the diversity of gameplay it brought, the small novel sections. Hell it even had fishing in this day and age. It had a collectable words and weaponry

It didnt limit itself
>>
>>339121046
But its still just a beat em up.
I've seen the videos of the new game, the characters look horrible and the gameplay looks generic.
>>
>>339121137
Automata? The game that has like 5 minutes of footage online?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.