[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new big budget capeshit film like every month >no good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
>new big budget capeshit film like every month
>no good superhero games in years

Seriously, what is up with this? Spiderman and Batman are the only superhero games worth playing at all.
>>
The Darkness.
>>
>>339108225
an X-Men game would actually be pretty cool

most X-Men are just powerful enough to face challenges that don't have to do with figuring out how to be nonlethal
>>
Because every time they try to put out other capeshit games one of two things always happens.

1. It's shit and no one buys it.
2. It's good/mediocre and still no one buys it.

The people who go see all these capeshit movies coming out are not the same people who play video games. Capeshit is Micheal Bay normie shit-tier now and has been for years.
>>
New PS4 exclusive Spider Man next year
>>
>>339108636
they made an x-men game years ago, it wasn't too good
>>
>>339108636
X-Men games are only really good when they're Diablo clones, like the Ultimate Alliance games.
>>
Because they no longer have to make new capeshit games for consoles anymore.

Back in the 6/7th gens you'd usually farm out a licensed tie-in to Beenox or High Moon to splatter on as many platforms as possible. Nowadays, you can just get a handful of fags to make a mobile F2P cash shop game for about 1/10th the cost and 10x the returns.
>>
File: ETERNALSUFFERING.jpg (61 KB, 526x960) Image search: [Google]
ETERNALSUFFERING.jpg
61 KB, 526x960
>Olivia Munn as Psylocke
>>
I think Disney has a lockdown on anything Marvel aside from films. Thats the reason you wont see another Marvel vs Capcom anytime soon.
>>
How's DC Universe Online? Its been on my backlog for years.
>>
>>339108225
You aren't satisfied with the lego games
>>
File: X-Men Legends 2.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
X-Men Legends 2.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
>>339110043

She wasn't bad if that's what you were trying to imply, she just didn't have much of a role outside of Apocalypse controlling her and putting her in a sexy outfit for some reason

I'm still mad Angel died
>>
File: 532a112cd64be.jpg (289 KB, 400x584) Image search: [Google]
532a112cd64be.jpg
289 KB, 400x584
>>339108225
How would a good Cap game work?
>>
>>339110383
I'd imagine it would play exactly like BamHam without the stealth because that seems to be the way games are going these days, completely devoid of all creativity.
>>
File: Viewtiful Joe.jpg (28 KB, 358x399) Image search: [Google]
Viewtiful Joe.jpg
28 KB, 358x399
Video games need more original superheroes actually created specifically for games instead of adaptations of capeshit trash.
>>
>>339108636
The Wolverine Origins game was the last great movie based game I played
>>
>>339110653
god, I can see it perfectly

I really hate that people seem to enjoy that style of combat
>>
Holy shit I can't wait for Batman's Marvel War to come out
>>
>>339110858
A good alternative doesn't exist though. The issue is how in most BatHam-like games every one takes their turn to attack. That's literally the only problem. Incredibly easy to fix.
>>
>>339111218
the problem is that it's pressing one button except for when you're prompted to press the counter-attack button
>>
>>339111383

Except for when you need to dodge, or if you need to use stuns.
>>
>>339111463
you're right

when you're prompted to press the dodge button you dodge, and when you see an enemy you're supposed to stun you do the stun move and then press the punch button
>>
>>339108225
Arkham Knight was good after they fixed it
>>
>>339111590

When does the dodge prompt show up? I haven't bothered with easy mode, so I never saw it if that's where it appears.
>>
>>339112127
every difficulty setting is easy mode
>>
>>339108817
Videogames definitely appeal to normies though
>>
>>339112378
Not superhero games, they seem like kiddieshit unless they intentially go for a grimdark look like BamHam. The only games they care about is Cowadoody (those dislikes don't mean shit, it'll still sell), Battlefield and FIFA.
>>
>>339112378

Not all vidya appeals to them though.

The average capeshit watcher at most plays CoD and whatever else has the largest marketing budget. They aren't going to bother with capeshit vidya that isn't Arkham-labeled.
>>
>>339108225
Are you kidding me? They come out with a super hero game like every week. Only some of them are good but they are pushed to make a profit so hard they are good features mixed with shit.

My favorite being infinite crisis. So butthurt they shut that down. Wish it was marvel instead tho.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.