[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so unlikable? And why didn't they notice it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Alan-Wake-rocking-the-Allard.png (937 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Wake-rocking-the-Allard.png
937 KB, 1280x720
Why is he so unlikable? And why didn't they notice it?
>>
Because Remedy hasn't made a good game since the first Max Payne game.

Alan Wake is basically Max without any of the cool powers and even less compelling motivation.
>>
File: 20160526104551_1.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160526104551_1.jpg
353 KB, 1920x1080
It's a good game, I'd say.

Strong atmosphere, controlled well (on the pc port at that), choice soundtrack, and the levels were fun.

Ironically the writing and titular character's appeal left a lot to be desired, but a few of the manuscript pages were well done and some of the side characters were alright (Barry, the light lady, the Andersons).

Yet to play American Nightmare, but I've heard favorable things.
>>
>>339108063
meant for
>>339106920

How's Quantum Break, incidentally? Any chance of a port?
>>
>>339108152

Haven't had a chance to play it, but my friend with an Xbone says it's okay. The cutscenes are apparently pretty bad, but I think you can skip them.
>>
>>339108307
>The cutscenes are apparently pretty bad
Ah, that was another of AW's problems. The actors and their motions were pretty fucking terrible most of the time.

What's remedy's deal? They're like the anti-Blizzard.
>>
>>339106801
I don't find him unlikable, I just didn't care about him.

Every other character was better
>>
Loved this game on PC. It's a blast to play it with the hud disabled.
>>
>Unlikable

He didn't even have a character to dislike. The only time I even felt something was his final line in the game when he was possessed.
>>
>>339108152
it's pretty good. Anyone saying the game is bad is a cynical faggot. It may have flaws, but it's not bad.
>>
>>339106801

The only thing I disliked about Alan Wake was the repetitive style of enemy. Aim light - Pow. Aim light - Pow.

There was no variety, and 3/4ths into the game, it got relatively monotonous. The story was what kept me pulled in.
>>
>>339108063

American Nightmare was SHIT. It was somebody at Microsoft apparently thought the problem with Alan Wake was not enough shootan so they based the expansion pack primarily around providing an arcade-mode shootan experience--the Story Mode campaign was short, and reused the same 3 maps 3 times over and was pretty dumb (you caused an asteroid to hit a satellite to disrupt Mr. Scratch's evil plans, or something? I don't even remember besides Mr. Scratch was actually kind of fun since he was serial killer Alan)

Remedy/Sam Lake I don't think had anything to do with American Nightmare, I think.
>>
>>339108989
It was made by remedy. It was pretty forgettable though. I wish they had just made a straight up dlc and dropped the weird arcade gameplay schtick
>>
>>339108152
>How's Quantum Break, incidentally
good. it's a nice, short self-contained adventure with some time travel shit in it. if you're going to play it though you need to play it on hard since that will force you to use the time powers, because if you just play it like it's a cover shooter you're going to have a bad time. but the time powers are a lot of fun.

>>339108307
this anon is probably talking about the live action cutscenes. there's only 4 and you don't have to watch them since they only give insight on what's going on on the villain's end, whereas the game obviously focuses on the good guy/protagonist, and you'll still see the effects of the bad guy's choices in the game.

still could use some optimizations. just be sure to disable anti aliasing on the PC (disables 4xMSAA, but keeps some temporal AA enabled) huge performance increase. also disable the upscaling so you can render at your native res.

>everything at medium
>textures at Ultra
>native res (1080p)
>AA disabled
it's console visuals (which aren't that bad to begin with) but at your native res, and I get 60FPS, so it's still good
>i5 4690 @ 3.5Ghz
>16GB RAM
>GTX 970 SC
game is pretty demanding with the global illumination and all
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.