[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some replayable easy pick up and play in short bursts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 07182011_The_Binding_of_Isaac.jpg (85 KB, 602x375) Image search: [Google]
07182011_The_Binding_of_Isaac.jpg
85 KB, 602x375
What are some replayable easy pick up and play in short bursts PC games? Getting bored of Binding of Isaac/Gungeon and Hearthstone
>>
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Super Hexagon
Rogue Legacy
>>
Haven't tried Spelunky?
>>
>>339106475
Half Minute Hero, literally what that game was made for.
>>
>>339106475
FTL was pretty fun
>>
If you want a BoI clone, try Our Darker Purpose. Unlike Isaac, items don't make or break your run, they're more of sidegrades than anything else. You have a level up system that determines how you will build your character.

FTL is great if you like dicerolling simulators and space.

If you dont mind animus, One Way Heroics is an actual roguelike that has a neat little gimmick, you can only go one way.
>>
>>339106475
try some itch.io games, or a few of the ludum dare contest winners
I like roguelight a lot, it plays like a combination of rogue legacy and spelunky and the central mechanic's pretty neat
>>
>>339106687
>recommending the worst of both worlds between lite and like, and an MMO grind simulator
I don't understand, why would you do something like that? Don't you play any good games?
>>
File: you're ugly.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
you're ugly.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>339107346
Not my fault you have shit taste.
>>
>>339107346
in no world is super hexagon a bad game
>>339107519 seconded, you have bad taste
>>
RISK
OF
RAIN
>>
>>339107721
>super hexagon
is the utter distillation of what a game was meant to be.
>>
>>339107721
>Super hexagon is an MMO grind simulator
>Super hexagon is an inferior mix of like and lite
You're the stupidest person I've seen on /v/ today, congratulations. Or maybe you haven't played the games and want to be contrarian? Either way, nice shitpost.

>>339107519
Explain what makes a single-player MMO grind simulator a good game. I will wait. I know that it's utterly impossible to defend CotN, so I won't even make you attempt such a feat.
>>
>>339107841
RoR is at its best when it's /v/ multiplayer, though. Single player is just OK.
>>
>>339108028
called out the wrong person, anon, I was defending super hexagon. game's hype as fuck, I was referring to >>339107346's bad taste
>>
>>339108382
No, I didn't. You were defending Super Hexagon, when I didn't mention it at all in my post, I have never even played the game. I was calling out fuccboi for actually having the audacity to recommend Rogue Legacy and CotN, as both are incredibly shit games that only cancerous fuckwads that have 0 understanding of what makes games in the roguelite/like genre good would recommend and defend.

Like I said, you're an idiot. I am forced to assume Super Hexagon is a shit game, too, because so far only mouthbreathing retards like yourself and CotN/RL faggot like it.
>>
>>339108028
>I know that it's utterly impossible to defend CotN
git gud
>>
FTL is one of the greatest games to come out in recent history IMO.
it's from 2012, but they have done several free updates that only improved the game
>>
>>339110057
Case in point, you have no defense. I'm glad you agree the game is absolute shit and that no sensible human being should subject themselves to something on par with Superman 64.
>>
Darkest Dungeon

Sometimes I play for like 4-5 hours or other days I just do 1 dungeon and close the game.
>>
>>339110401
>overwhelmingly positive reviews in literally every site ever
>"this sucks prove me wrong! xD"
you think I would fall for the oldest /b/ meme of all time?
>>
>>339107346
>Worst of both worlds
But he's already playing BoI
>>
>>339110862
>reviews meaning anything
top kek, I guess that means Imagine Babyz is better than almost every PS4 exclusive. Great defense champ. Can you name a single redeeming attribute CotN even has?
>>
>>339111176
no I can't, you totally win champ ;)
pd: git gud
>>
File: nuclear throne.jpg (73 KB, 1303x720) Image search: [Google]
nuclear throne.jpg
73 KB, 1303x720
>>339106475
It's not fair
It's not right
>>
>>339111295
I know that it's utterly impossible to defend CotN, and you've proved me right once again. I'm serious, though, if you can't defend the game, why even bother responding? All you're doing is telling everyone that hasn't played the game that the game is shit and not worth their time. If CotN wasn't so shallow, maybe you'd be playing the game, or at least championing its merits, instead of crying.
t. poscheng winner.
>>
>>339106475
Rhythm games are great for that purpose.
>>
Nuclear Throne
Super meat boy
Cave Story
Roguelikes like Gruesome and Ivan
Crimzon Clover: world ignition
Disgaea 1-4
>>
File: 1463604041429.jpg (26 KB, 251x414) Image search: [Google]
1463604041429.jpg
26 KB, 251x414
>>339111308
Fuck, this game is great

>You finally beat the throne and start looping
>The loading screen is it's not fair, it's not right
>The IDPD show up
>Everyone dies
>>
Nuclear throne is very fun in short play and the "mutations" make a good replay value

Enter the gungeon is like nuclear theone + blinding of Isaac, is challenging and had plenty of weapons and upgrades.

But you may get bored after a couple of hours or so.

I dont know if is the type of game you are looking for but you should try hotline miami

(The first one is better)
>>
>>339111308
This game is absolute shit. Get Spelunky or FTL OP.
>>
>>339110563
>Darkest Dungeon
I just started this tonight and god damn that game don't fuck around
>>
>>339107841
HOST WHEN
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.