[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All seriousness, what happened to Nintendo? They used to be number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1170x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1170x502
All seriousness, what happened to Nintendo? They used to be number 1 in the video game industry but now they're really more of a minority, sitting behind Sony and Microsoft
Microsoft for christs sake
>>
>>339098448

They are still number 1, it just happens that being number 1 doesn't equate to selling the most. People just became stupid and brainwashed, wanting more pixels instead of cool experiences, people like to parrot how the wii u is a shit console yet the thing gave me at least 200 hours of pure fun in smash bros alone whereas the other two just give me boring and same multiplats across the board and sequels and bland spin off exclusives with derivative work on the sidelines.

If you look objectively at all the current gen consoles, ps4 and xbone are dangerously similar, to the point of being intercheangeable machines, the wii u however is more reminiscent of 90s consoles, when every piece of hardware offered unique experiences you couldn't get in others, ports of games used to be completely new games, now it's just a resolution race and framerate debacle, how utterly pathetic and sad.
>>
Lack of third party support and because you got old.
>>
File: 1459112828743.png (214 KB, 472x331) Image search: [Google]
1459112828743.png
214 KB, 472x331
>>339099340
>all that delusion
>>
Smartphones and tablets took over the casual market, Nintendo didn't put enough effort into capturing the "hardcore" audience.
>>
>>339098448
They released the Wii U at a retarded time, they should've just waited until the PS4 and XBone came out.

And it was a retarded name as well, casuals still don't know that Wii U games don't work on the Wii, I was in Gamestop two weeks ago and some mom bought her kid Smash 4 and was trying to return it.
>>
>>339099558
If you want a ps4 or Xbox, you actually want a PC. Nintendo provides the only real console atm.
>>
>>339098448
Games are more expensive to make now. Nintendo doesn't have enough money to crank out enough shitty modern AAA titles, nor do they have enough financial security (as evidenced by the wii u) to make a console they won't profit on like Sony or MS.

MS and Sony basically monopolize the market because of the size of their parent companies. Sony less so, since their other divisions are dying, but it's at least more than Nintendo's got. If Nintendo's games stop selling, they die a slow, slow death as their coffers drain. If Sony or MS' games stop selling, they cut funding to that division and move the fuck on.

If Nintendo can't survive like this in the game's industry, only large companies like Samsung or Apple will be able to. There's no chance for smaller companies.

We need to break up the big banks.
>>
File: 27694569-512-k510675.jpg (41 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
27694569-512-k510675.jpg
41 KB, 512x800
>>339100120
>>
>>339098448
nintendo is too slow to evolve
>>
>>339100767
Fuck off Berniefag

btw op we gotta bring sega back
>>
>>339100831
God you're ugly
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
>>339099340
Not an argument.
>>
>>339100863
>we gotta bring sega back
This i agree with. A lot of people give Sega's consoles shit but you have to take a look at the competitors at the time and when you do, holy fuck, they were innovative as hell. Way ahead of their time, even the less regarded systems were still great
>>
Nintendo has always been shit, they burned too many bridges in the 90's and now it came back to haunt them.
>>
>>339100863
Make Sega Great Again.
>>
they weren't willing to change with the times and assumed third parties would always flock to them and they'd never need to try to cater to them at all, which fucked them over royally come the fifth gen. They never really recovered. I mean the Wii sold gangbusters but that was only a fad that faded by like 2008 or so.
>>
>Now
>Last gen
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.