[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me how to git gud at fighting games? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Can someone tell me how to git gud at fighting games? I just picked up pic related on psn and I just have no fucking clue what I am doing. I've never really tried fighting games before and I just feel like I'm button mashing ineffectually. Any videos or youtube channels where I can learn the basics like priority and the other technical mechanics of fighters?
>>
>wants to learn fightan games
>picks the worst possible one to learn on

Get your ass on some GG and watch some VesperArcade videos.
>>
>>339098028
Google is that > way
>>
>>339098140
GG?
>>339098485
You're right I should have left this thread space open for another overwatch thread you asshat.
>>
>>339098028
>Pick a character
>Go to training
>Learn their normals
>Distances, speed, damage, and area control
>Play some people, you will lose, go in knowing this
>Use only normals, blocking and throwing
>Go back to training
>Learn any special motions
>Notice what area these specials control, that is the main point
>Play some people, do nothing but try to control space with specials
>Look up basic combos
>Practice basic combos
>Play people, try to win
>Get frustrated
>Keep playing people
>Keep playing people
>Keep playing people
>if you don't like a character, go back to step one
>Keep playing people
>>
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2C2A0F3BE74B54F6
>>
>>339098691
Thanks anon. I'll try and practice some more and learn the moves.
>>339098917
Thank you I'll give them a watch.
>>
>>339098672
Guilty Gear is shit dont listen, Injustice is a good beginner game, also play Street Fighter, Tekken and MK. Theyre the most basic fighters of their genre with actual players and just go into practice mode and pratice string. There is no quickfire way of getting good. Its just a time thing
>>
>>339099215
Also go on the avoidingthepuddle youtube channel. He has good tekken and soul calibur 2 tutorials
>>
File: 1429938115011.png (332 KB, 807x791) Image search: [Google]
1429938115011.png
332 KB, 807x791
If you're trying to get into fighting games, try out Tekken. The learning curve is insanely high, but it will prepare you to excel in any other fighting game you choose.

Anyway, pick a character, go into training, practice their normals/specials, then beat up AI until those moves you practiced becomes second nature and you don't have to think about it. If you like Injustice or MK, go to testyourmight.com to look up combos and strategies.
>>
Every game is different. Fuck all the haters and elitist. MK/Injustice is the place to start for beginners who want to get into fightan games out if the sheer simplicity compared to others in the genre. Just open up the moves list and mess around in training. There isn't really timing involved in injustice combos just a matter of how fast you can push the buttons in order.

>>339098691
Like this guy says don't rage quit over frustration. You learn from experience and if you can't take extreme ass whoopings and quit over it you'll never learn how to dish them out.
>>
Alright thanks for the tips guys. I'll smash my head against the brickwall of training untill I get the moves down and pick up some more advanced games down the line. I really appreciate it.
>>
File: Mortal Kombat XL_20160518164802.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Kombat XL_20160518164802.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339101221
>>339099654

this guys is right
>>
Does anyone have a working WBID for Injustice? I just want Knightfall Bane and Prison Superman.
>>
It's too late for you. You didn't grow up in the glorious 90's where arcade culture was a thing and almost like the wild west how you challenged randoms in a match of xmen vs Street fighter only to get stabbed because you were throwing too much and that is considered "cheap". I was born in the zoning you merely adopted it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.