[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so I'm doing Lothric's Castle and beyond right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: dark-souls-3-screenshot-12.0.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3240) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-screenshot-12.0.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3240
Okay so I'm doing Lothric's Castle and beyond right now and so far my anus is being raped. I'm wondering if now would be a good time to reallocate my stat points (this is the first Souls game I've gotten past the midway point with so I'm not very up on the whole metagame) into a better combination. I have this nagging feeling I fucked up stat distribution somewhere along the way, I've been trying to keep STR/DEX/VIT around the same.

Numbers:
Vigor 27
Att 10
End 18
Vit 33
Str 40
Dex 35
Int 9
Faith 9
Luck 7

I'm using Dark Sword & Yhorm's Greatshield. Don't remember the ring names but I was using stamina speed increase, invisi-roll, 10% more souls and equip load+.

Advice? pls no bully I went with what I thought would be good at the time
>>
I don't know why people play sequels before finishing the earler games.
You have too much vit and too little end but other that that its okay I guess. Everyone is going to say you're a scrub for using a greatshield and dark sword so be prepared for that.
>>
>>339096365

Shoulda just gone with a straight Strength build. Dexterity is garbagio in DSIII.
>>
>>339096553

Well, mainly cause my brother picked up 3 and I wanted to go through it alongside him. I'm planning to go back through the other games after.

So my points are fine? Should I swap some VIT for END?
>>
>>339096365

It doesn't look too bad. Just git gud
>>
>>339096569
you're straight wrong, quality (strength and dex combo) is one of the best builds
>>
>>339096365
Drop the shield and be more aggressive, the knights are really easy to stagger, just get them away from the healers
>>
>>339096365

What level is level is Dark Sword? is it infused?
>>
>>339096365
Your good, you're even using a sword that's considered "op".
Just keep practicing and going at it, you can do it.
>>
>>339097470

So it's just a matter of getting better at dodging? If I drop the shield should I put some more points in other places?
>>
DS3 has a weird difficulty spike after the Dancer, what you are experiencing is normal. It levels out after a little while, don't worry too much just take it slowly.

>>339097779
If you decide to drop the shield take some VIT and dump it in END or VIG.
>>
>>339097573

+8, infused with heavy gem.

>>339097619

I know Dark Sword is OP, and it really has come in handy but it doesn't seem to be doing the damage it once did. I'm having real problems with those guys that have the giant black shit erupting from them, they slap my shit around like crazy.
>>
dis nigga got 33 points in vitality, what the fuck you doin son coulda invested that into some end
>>
>>339097779
The stats look fine, maybe a bit too much VIT, getting better at dodging and relying less on blocking hits (not necessarily dropping shields altogether) works better on 3 than on the other 2 games.

Enemies like the lothric knights seem to be made specifically to punish excessive shield usage.
>>
>>339098102

The guys with the Black shit are weak to fire, try using some Charcoal Pine Resin to help you fight them
>>
>>339098230

I find that Lothric knights stagge really easily if you use a greatshield to block, then just smack their shit up while they reel.

Yhorms Greatshield is pretty good IMO.
>>
>>339098252

Or black firebombs. I hate those Pus of Man enemies though, fucking unpredictable as shit.
>>
>>339098503

Seriously. Plus it tends to be a waste of time to fight them.
>>
>>339096365
>VIG
should remain at least 25

>ATT
dont bother increasing if you are not using magic.

>END
Keep around 20 at least.

>VIT
Unless you are using a heavy weapon (like great hammers or great axes) don't bother going above 15 or 20.

>STR
Soft cap is fine

>DEX
If you are staying with a quality build you may as well bring it up to the soft cap.

>INT
10 points give you access to Spook and Magic Weapon which are useful, but if you already use resins and have the cat ring then its not worth it.

>FTH
There are no useful miracles unless you reach at least 12 in FTH, but there is a chime that can be used at 10 and the weapon art of chimes is a very good HP regeneration spell which may be worth the 1 point investment in FTH.

>LCK
Unless you are doing a bleed build or using Anri's Straight Sword there is no reason to invest in this.
>>
>>339098643

You can kill the two that hang around those Wyverns assholes, and it kills them, which can be a good time saver if you cant be fucked plinking at them for a couple of days.
>>
>>339098230

So would reallocating in the exact same way but swapping END and VIT be beneficial?

>>339098414

That's what I've been doing so far.

>>339098252
>>339098503

Thanks for the suggestions. They absolutely rape me at points.
>>
>>339098102
Re-infuse with a refined gem or drop all your DEX stats as they are doing nothing right now.
>>
>>339096365
Here you go OP, I tried my best reallocating your points.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/31218
>>
>>339098730

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to respec points into End and take away some Vit. Might look into some faith for that regen spell but so far I haven't done anything with magic.

>>339098816

Will do.
>>
>>339096365
>quality darksword build
>still a complete shitter

wow dude, you suck.
i recommend not playing videogames.
>>
>>339099071

Thanks man. Also got a kick out of the gender selection.
>>
>>339099282

:^)
>>
>>339096553

Actually for literally any kind of PVP play 27 vitality is pretty necessary. It sort of softcaps there for some dumbass reason and you end with 1000 HP unembered.
>>
File: 4195196956.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
4195196956.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>End 18
>Vit 33
>>
>>339100160

FUCK you guys, I'm gonna go do a VIT only playthrough
>>
>>339099167
The Chime weapon art is useful as a backup estus. It's cheap to cast, doesn't take up an attunement slot (so you put in a low req pryo spell, like flash sweat, instead), and it out performs most of the low level healing spells.

Its great for PvE, but not so much for PvP as it heals gradually over time.

Important note to make though, the spell is only in effect for as long as the chime is equipped and in hand (can't be put on belt for two handing weapons).
>>
>>339096569
>I've never done a quality build
>I didn't find carthus sword/exile greatsword
>>
>>339100415
VIT isn't useless, it's just the second least useful stat.

ATT is about the same usefulness as VIT, unless you are doing a magic build which there are a few to choose from.

LCK is worse than VIT because it doesn't have much use outside a dedicated bleed build.
>>
>>339101484
Vit is just for fashion.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.