[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start up game and know nothing about it >forces you to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: renowned-explorers.jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
renowned-explorers.jpg
53 KB, 460x215
>start up game and know nothing about it
>forces you to choose from multiple options that ou have no idea about before you even start playing the game
>quit and never touch it again

fucking indie garbage, just let me play the damn game, i don't want to decide shit

pic very much related
>>
>>339093296
adhd: the post
>>
>>339093716
Yeah, it's ADHD to get annoyed that a game doesn't explain basic shit. It's asking you to make choices that you can't know shit about.

I just want to press "New game" or "Start" or whatever and be placed straight into the main mode, like every well-designed title.
>>
>>339093854
i guess you never played anything with character creation and/or party selection (omg i have to choose 3 random fuckers for my team, dont waste my time...)

heck even 4x-es have a world setup before you start playing
>>
WAH HHH IF I DON'T HAVE A TUTORIAL THAT EXPLAINS EXACTLY HOW TO PLAY IT'S INDIE GAME GARBAGE WAH HHH WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>339093296
>i don't want to decide shit
Then go watch TV, retard.
>>
>not learning as you play
>>
>>339094467
>i guess you never played anything with character creation and/or party selection (omg i have to choose 3 random fuckers for my team, dont waste my time...)
no, i have, and i think that's garbage gameplay too.
>>
>>339093296
The game is literally about learning by replaying it over and over. Each session is pretty short.
>>
>>339095437
go play some platformer or shooter then, but dont except every genre to cater to you almighty taste
>>
>>339096064
So which mode am I supposed to play?
>>
>>339096213
If you aren't a whining pussy (which I am doubtful of) adventure mode. Expect to lose, but get better every time. The game has an okay tutorial. Basically since you are just starting out, focus on one attribute and stack it until you learn more.
>>
File: re-game-mode.png (296 KB, 822x637) Image search: [Google]
re-game-mode.png
296 KB, 822x637
I mean, seriously, is this really the first thing a game should show you? What is the "proper" mode?
>>
>>339096602
Hover over each one and it FUCKING EXPLAINS THE DIFFERENCE. One is permadeath and takes things slower, the other is pansy savescum mode that is easier but shorter.
>>
>>339097260
I literally just want to play the game. The explanations don't give any hint about which is the intended way.
>>
>>339097523
I literally just want to drive. Why do I need a licence?

I literally just want to perform surgery. Why do I need an education?

I literally just want to be a football star. Why do I need training?

I literally just want to breathe air. Why do I need lungs?
>>
>>339097523
I JUST TOLD YOU TWICE, YOU... YOU... DOUBLE NIGGER

FUCK
>>
>>339097643
Yeah, and people play games to get away from that sort of shit.
>>
>>339097523

>Pansy savescum mode easier but short
>Permadeath takes things slow

you really can't decide? you think pansy easymode could be the right one?
>>
>not reading the manual

ADDfag here, but at least I'm not a real faggot like OP
>>
>>339098113
It doesn't have a manual, I checked
>>
File: double nigger.jpg (65 KB, 772x509) Image search: [Google]
double nigger.jpg
65 KB, 772x509
>>339098228
>>
>>339099117
That's not a fucking manual, that's user-submitted FAQ garbage
>>
>>339099346
There is an in-game tutorial when you start, you stupid fuck. Quit bitching. It's a video game that is made to be replayed a la a roguelite.
>>
To be fair, this game is pretty boring. I don't like how combat and speech are the exact same boring tactical shit. This is not how diplomacy in video games should work. You don't just make a combat system and then change swords for words.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.