[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a spare $60 for the first time in a long time and I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
I have a spare $60 for the first time in a long time and I was thinking of getting DOOM. Is it worth it or is /v/ spreading memes again.
>>
It's good but not worth 60 bux. I paid 30 and I wouldn't pay a dollar more.
>>
>>339088565
It's very good. great pace, not a single boring moment.
the only downsides is that I wish the level design was a little less consistent and more fun/different, but besides that, the game is really amazing
>>
>>339088565
Wait for a sale.
9 hour campaign is not worth 60 buckaroos imo
the multiplayer and map editor are complete garbage and non-factors
>>
>>339088565
Buy a key from a reseller mate, the game is great but might not be worth $60.
>>
>>339088565
I haven't played it but I think I would enjoy the campaign if not anything else. I'm waiting a while until it's on sale for a decent price.
>>
>>339088663
I paid $30 and I'd go as high as $40.
>>
>>339088565
It's ~10 hours of the best and the most intense single player fps in years, so take it as you will.
>>
>>339089204
says the shill
>>
I got it for $48 from GMG. Still feel I overpaid a little. The only thing that seems to be worthwhile is the campaign and it's average length at best. Am enjoying the gameplay tho.
>>
>>339089283
but there's nowhere you can buy it for $40 except cdkey sites. Are you implying that I work for gmg or cdkeys?
>>
>>339088565
if your on PC you can get it for like $40 just look up some sales or cdkeys
>>
>>339088565
if you explore the maps like you should and challenge yourself the single player is about 12-15 hours it can be shorter but that's up to you
>>
>>339088565
Thought it was shockingly good. Went in expecting nothing, came out with a new favorite.
>>
12-15 hours is about as much as it takes to beat Doom 1 & 2.
>>
>>339088565
It's actually very good, but...

It fills a very specific genre of run and gun. Fast, aggressive, few breaks, and lethal combat. The developers deliberately made the plot bare bones which is part of the subtle humor they throw in once or twice. Character development? Screw that. DoomGuy wants to kill demons, that's it, and the UAC CEO is the one trying to be all serious as DoomGuy breaks shit.

Once you win, collectables, multiple difficulty, and a level editor might keep you going. But once you've done it it's not that fun to do it again.

It's a good game, but part of what makes it so good is how it doesn't try to appeal to everyone. But that same thing is what makes some people hate it.

TL;DR If you like run and gun murderfests you will love this game. If you don't you will hate it.
>>
>>339089696
I hope you lads enjoy it. I remember one time booting up the game and continuing a save with my controller plugged into my PC and it vibrating like crazy when I got into a battle. I didn't realise it had great controller support and played a bit using it. I feel bad that you guys will miss out on a lot of top tier mods though, they are the reason I have 600 hours in the game.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.