[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Dark-Souls-II.png (554 KB, 938x513) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-II.png
554 KB, 938x513
Apologize.
>>
sorry dark souls 2
>>
>>339087989

Fuck you I do what I want

I liked Dark Souls 2
>>
File: Sweet_Shalquoir_Concept.png (1 MB, 1110x765) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Shalquoir_Concept.png
1 MB, 1110x765
would you a cat
>>
im sorry

that miyazaki didnt come in early enough to fix shit
>>
File: Catisfinetoo.png (199 KB, 618x883) Image search: [Google]
Catisfinetoo.png
199 KB, 618x883
>>339088435

Yes
>>
>>339087989
I'm sorry you didn't even try, Dark Souls 2
>>
>Dark Souls 2 is "the bad one"

What's with this meme? People are just latching on to this shit now that DS3 is out.

>muh disconnected world
Guess what, DS3 did that too.

>muh shitty netcode
Has always been an issue across every game.
>>
>Apologize
Why would I apologize to the best game? I'm sorry the rest of the souls games are absolute shite?
>>
>>339087989
Apologize for DS2's better environments and bosses?
>>
File: comfy.gif (2 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
comfy.gif
2 MB, 500x275
In terms of first time experiences I liked Dark Souls 2 the most of any of them.

Fight me.
>>
>>339088892
>everybody liked DS2 before 3 came out
Where have you been?
>>
I'm sorry that your lighting system was disgusting and your level design was all over the fucking place, Electric Boogaloo
>>
But i love you! D:
>>
Was Dark Souls 2 meant to be a more nautical based game?
>>
>>339089898
I liked the level design. Yeah some areas didn't make much sense but a lot of them were more memorable than any place in 3.
>>
>>339089819
>"everybody"
>not just /v/ bitching like they normally do with every highly-anticipated AAA game, especially if it's a sequel
>>
>>339089816
I ain't gonna fight you. DaS2 was the comfiest game I played that year.
>>
nope
put in 5 hours launch day on PS3, declared it shit, never touched it again
>>
>>339087989
DS2 was my personal favorite
>>
But it's shit
>>
>>339089898
3's level design was just as bad, don't kid yourself. At least 2 had more variety and interesting locations. The only thing 3 had going for it was Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
>wanna get all cheevos
>need all miracles
>it includes sun covenant rank 3 reward
>need 30 sunlight medals
>no one is summoning
>my character is out of the soul memory range
>have to farm them
>~5% drop chance
nah fuck that
>>
>>339090470
The difference in quality should be obvious to anybody with half a brain

DS2 had some cool ideas, but the stages felt like they were they were made by 10 different teams that weren't allowed to talk to one another. The level design in the DLC was so much better, and DS3 felt like that throughout the entire game.
>>
>>339087989

sorry you sucked
>>
DS2 had 3 major flaws
>the bosses
>the level design
>soul memory

As many things as it did right, the foundation of the game kind of sucked.
>>
>>339090763

all of this
>>
>>339088435
She sounded like a whore.
>>
>>339090763
>but the stages felt like they were they were made by 10 different teams that weren't allowed to talk to one another.
Is that why there are so many bonfires close to the others in DaS3? Because the guys who put the bonfires in areas spoke to each other?
>>
>>339090609
I did this anon it doesn't actually take that long. Just man up and grind you bitch.
>>
>>339089898
okay so i wasnt the only one to notice how the level design was genuinely retarded i played das one a lot, pvp and the story and i beat it around 7 times and when i picked up das2 i couldnt figure where to even go.. i also felt extremely underpowered and that every boss i could get to required some sort of cheese to beat which i thought was insane
>>
>>339091142
i did for 3 hours, only got 5 medals.
did you farm the falconers in things betwixed?
>>
Soul Memory is retarded.
While it makes connecting to specific persons easy as long as you got the gear or will to limit yourself it results into a dead game with MP only happening on early levels and in NG++

Also:
-No Red Orb
-Barely any Broken Red Orbs per playthrough and grinding them is a draining
-Rat King Covenant and Bell Keepers are shittier versions of the Gravelords
>Players getting punished for dying by getting the HP reduced

They wanted to make things different and not let everyone play DS 1.2 but yeah - Not everything was brilliant.

Most people who shit on DS2 are overdoing it and forget that DS1 wasn't perfect in any way either.

DS2 has great stages and bad stages. Like every game. If you wanna tell me that ''The team didn't communicate well enough resulting into the maps looking inconsistent'' than tell me stories about the brilliance of Lost Izalith and the Demon Ruins.
Or how boring The Depth is.
>>
File: 1458649314064.jpg (162 KB, 1190x560) Image search: [Google]
1458649314064.jpg
162 KB, 1190x560
>>339087989
>respawn limit
>hitboxes
>arrows getting stuck in the air
>transition from the top of Earthen Peek to the Iron Keep
>>
>>339087989
wtf am i supposed to apologize for, it's not my fault DaSII is the weakest of the souls games
>>
I liked dark souls 2 better than dark souls 1. A lot of things were messier but the environments were so so much prettier and the pvp was far better. I like dark souls 3 even more but I sorta suspect that I only do because it's new and exciting
>>
>>339091156
>and when i picked up das2 i couldnt figure where to even go..
The game is like 6 straight lines. That's way easier to know where to go than something like remembering the Catacombs after all this time or knowing you have to kill Sif to get to the Four Kings.
>>
I like 2 more than 3. At least the former had identity
>>
>>339091332
>the brilliance of Lost Izalith and the Demon Ruins

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>339091374
>>respawn limit
At least you had the option for no respawn limit. DaS3 won't even let me genocide all the Ghrus in the game and sometimes, I wish it did.
>>
Dark Souls 2 has:

-Better MP
-More varied and beautiful enviroments
-Better bosses

Dark Souls has:

-Better level design (not asthetics)
-A better presentation of the story and a better story
-Better mechanics (Stats, hitboxes and so on)

Dark Souls 3 has:

-Fanservice for people who liked DS1
-The most detailed environments tho they lack variety
-Players
>>
>>339091271
Yeah I think they are the only ones to drop it. Make sure your discovery rate is as high as you can get it and it shouldn't take too long. It is all RNG though so might take fuckin ages.
>>
>>339091569
I sure do love fighting on lava against fucking Dragonbutts and endless statues standing in my way.
Not to mention the horrible placements of everything.
Bed of Chaos is the worst boss in the entire series and all 3 Demon Ruins are either reskins or just bad designed.
>>
>DS2 has bad hitboxes

Back in the DS1 days we called them shitboxes. You can critize DS2 for not fixing them but they are not worse than the hitboxes in DS1.
>>
>>339087989
Why should I apologize?
... Oh wait a second, are you implying somehow that DS2 is a good game?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Please replay that shit and tell me you enjoy it for any reason besides being a contrarian because the game is legitimately just not fun. I don't know maybe that's just my opinion, but the game does not have any solidity what so ever and that can't be argued against.
>>
>>339087989
Things DaS2 did better than 3

>Ascetics, not to respawn enemies but to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields actually improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Really fun NPC invaders where they didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and the pickaxe
>Pharros Lockstones and Fragrant Branches to manipulate the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning resistance while boosting your fire resistance
>NG+ didn't just increase enemy HP and damage, it added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison pools made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it, and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even if you were hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but as a result you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to Black Crystal to solo the boss
>>
>>339092038

new londo ruins simply shouldn't be that way too.

it seems that the level was made to be rushed for fucks sake

also miracles on DS1 were boring as hell except for lightning spear and wog
>>
>>339092019
i got my undead tatters, symbol of avirace, that shield i found in the dragon shrine, gold covetous serpent ring +1 and rusted coins.
im also playing on the original version, scholars was a shitty move
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjtaH0OTWk
>>
>>339092038
You didn't have to fight a single dragonbutt, except immediately at console launch when they had ridiculous aggro
>>
>>339092237

I've played 50+ hours of both recently, they are far worse in 2, especially in multiplayer.

1's hitboxes are mostly good in multiplayer.
>>
As a guy who's almost done with Dark Souls 1, and have heard from a friend a while back "you can just skip 2", what exactly is wrong with it? It's bad enough to skip?
>>
File: 00.jpg (109 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
109 KB, 301x312
I'm sorry you happened, you failed abortion.
>>
>>339092560
The problem with DS2s PvP was invincibility rolls.

But okay - I dislike rolling in general and DS1 atleast made people use backstep instead.
>>
>>339092689
No. It's a good game. Feels less polished and cheaper than Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls, but it still a really good game. People are just overreacting. It feels more "videogamey" btw.
>>
>>339092689
Nah. It's not a bad game at all.

Does he want you to play DS3 fast? Because that might be the case with DS2 barely getting referenced in DS3.

But people who say DS2 is bad are just meme'ing.
>>
No it's still the shittiest game in the series
>>
>>339092301
>like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
i got over 300 hours in dark souls 2 and i did not know about that, missed out on a good looking headgear, which dark souls 3 really missed.
i havent seen any good looking headgears in 3
>>
Don't forget that DS2 runs well on pretty much every platform while DS1 runs like shit on every system.

>install dsfix and set everything to the lowest setting possible
>still runs worse than DS2
>i can play DS2 on ultra with 60fps
No idea how they could fuck up the port that hard.
>>
>>339092301
>Respawn thing is meaningless if you're smart about enemy placement
>True
>Ture
>Pointless
>Pointless (not living beings)
>???
>Very true. Poise is awful in 3 and OP in the first
>NPC invaders were much better in 3 and wasn't overbearingly annoying.
>Kinda lame honestly. Secrets are fun, but not when they don't make any sense
>pig secret's cool
>lockstone and branches could have been good if they didn't throw in shit to be dicks
>water effects was really cool
>eh. NG+ is lame anyways.
>Not fair to add realism in some places and not in others

ah fuck it I'm done.
Point is rose-tinted glasses blah blah. Game did alot of cool stuff but don't act like it was better than 3
>>
>>339092689
Listen to your friend. /v/ likes it because it's the most unpopular of the series, but unless you like dark souls enough where you don't mind it running on and on and on forever then don't waste your time. The fun dies once you realize how mediocre the levels really are.
>>
DS2 being more ''videogamey'' kinda sums up pretty well.

In DS1 everything felt like it was connected and made sense in the big picture. Of course that also had downsides. Plenty of bosses were just shit because of it.

Meanwhile DS2 feels like they had plenty of ideas for boss battles and wrote and designed the game around them.

In general every function of DS2 be it the PvP or the map design give the feeling that this is more of a playground for players and not an interconnected world with its own ''life''

It's not bad - Just a matter of preferences.
>>
File: 1456516924736.jpg (50 KB, 413x449) Image search: [Google]
1456516924736.jpg
50 KB, 413x449
>>339087989
For what, for them pulling the bait and switch to the release and shocking people with the vastly graphically inferior version?
Fuck that. Why do people forget this? This was a major swindle, I don't think it's ever happened before that a game of this level misrepresented itself like that and people had to either play it themselves or see playthroughs to know it happened.
>>
>>339093745
I dislike DS2 as presented by my slanderous comments previously made, but this is true. It's not exactly a bad game, but if you're wanting DARK SOULS then skip the second. It's a really cool game for alot of reasons, but Dark souls 2 feels like the equivalent to playing something akin to Lords of The Fallen.
>>
>>339093880
not scholars, just dark souls 2
>>
>>339087989

I have nothing to apologize for.

because I enjoyed the time I spent playing Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>339090057
>Dark Souls
>AAA

U wot m8
>>
>>339092038
>he didn't know the safe route
bruh
>>
>>339088593
i doubt you were actually around when that was new
>>
>>339093880
This is really what sold me on my hatred for Dark Souls 2. When they released SOTFS as its own game I was amazed and frankly, it made the game worse in alot of ways. They should have offered the ability to play it as it originally had been with the enemies and their placement instead of putting pursuers all over the god damned game
>>
>>339091105
>wat is separating pvp zones
>>
>>339094448
>safe route
You mean the one getting blocked by a Titanite Demon?

That skips the dragonbutts but you still need to deal with statues everywhere. And half the fun is exploring and the entire area is just awful to explore.
>>
>>339094501
The Pursuer is one of the most constantly fun fights on the game, tho.
>>
File: 20160409022537_1.jpg (310 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160409022537_1.jpg
310 KB, 1280x720
>>339087989
why should I? I had fun OP
>>
>>339094501
>enemy is called The Pursuer
>''why is he everywhere?''
>>
>>339094501

The only worse part is Iron Keep. It's better in virtually every other way,
>>
I'm sorry that I didn't enjoy you. I'm sorry for buying you twice. Once on console and then again when you were released for PC. I'm also sorry for buying all of the DLC and then Scholar of the First Sin.

Wait, why am I apologizing again?
>>
>>339094926
i only played scholar, what was the original keep like? it was one of my favourite areas
>>
>>339094602
Just run past the demon? And stop complaining about the firebreathers, it's like 2 hits to kill them. 1 even if you have good stats and weapons
>>
>>339094853
I never questioned why he was everywhere. it just got dull to fight him around the 5th time. It's an enemy that loses it's purpose once you learn how it plays and never changes throughout the game.
>>
>>339095082

Alonne Knights are in small groups instead of having a huge aggro range and endlessly running at you 1 at a time.
>>
>>339095082
Enemies were more spread out. You never had to fight more than 2 of the knights at a time most of time.
>>
>>339094487
We're you? Fuck off meme police
>>
>>339094853
He's not even called pursuer in Japanese
>>
I enjoyed Dark Souls 2, but if there's one defining problem, it's that it feels "cheaper" than the first game. By that I mean, despite the measures to make the game more accessible, there are unfair moments of difficulty. I can't think of another way to describe it other than "artificial difficulty." I guess another way to phrase it, there are more annoyances than challenges.

Dark Souls had cheap moments, but overall is was fair with its difficulty.
>>
>>339092689
I just beat Dark Souls 1 for the first time last week and picked up DaS2 Scholars of the First Sin to play through before DaS3 and I'm digging it so far there are some changes to get used to compared to 1 but i'd recommend it
>>
>>339095082

it's kinda hard to explain well, I'd just recommend watching a youtube video of it.

Most notable change IMO was there was a Alonne Captain parked on top of the tower where you get the Zweihander in Scholar, who could start sniping as soon as you'd get near the bridge.
>>
>>339095556
Phantom npc are legit artificial difficulty. HP for days, animation canceling, rolling out of staggers any time they feel like. And then you add the general attack tracking into the mix and you got the most annoying/boring fights in the game. At least they can't do shit against parrying
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 405x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 405x538
>>339087989
always believed in you baby

BB > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3 > DaS

best meme souls for sure

AGHHH
>>
Convenience of fast travel ruins the experience, Dark Souls 1 felt like an adventure cause you can't just bounce around anywhere you want

Fast travel ruined Dark Souls 2 and 3 for me, they just don't feel the same and the level design is made with fast travel in mind
>>
File: 1251247375777.jpg (3 KB, 126x121) Image search: [Google]
1251247375777.jpg
3 KB, 126x121
>>339095556
>Play Dark Souls 2 again
>Reminded of the enemies being able to spin right in front of you
>Dodge sword attack from boss, get hit a foot away from it from the shockwaves
>Teleport into enemy grabs
>>
>>339096249
>Convenience of fast travel ruins the experience,
Was DS3 ruined too?
>>
>>339096447
yes

I got burned out half way through that game, it just didn't have the magic Dark Souls 1 had for me
>>
>>339096447
Kinda. While the level design itself is good and you can see the entire world just like in Dark Souls, it's still largely linear just like Dark Souls 2.
>>
I never found DS2's pvp satisfying. It felt really slow and getting hit by shit that was nowhere near me got infuriating.
>>
>>339096259
>Teleport into enemy grabs
That has never happened to me once. I don't think it's as common as people want to pretend.
>>
File: zJ3Bgjn.png (334 KB, 839x433) Image search: [Google]
zJ3Bgjn.png
334 KB, 839x433
I played more DS2 than 1 and 3 combined
>>
>>339096634
>While the level design itself is good
But it isn't. There's still a lot of useless linear areas and empty rooms and paths that hold absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1463647507014.jpg (28 KB, 505x537) Image search: [Google]
1463647507014.jpg
28 KB, 505x537
>slower rolling
>slower estus drinking
>slower estus healing
>slower attack recover
>slower enemies
>slower running
>slower running acceleration
>slower fog door entering
>slower door opening
>slower chest opening
>slower lock-on
>longest Souls games with most enemies

I played Dark Souls 2 when it came out and decided to just recently pirate SotFS and I'm finding it really hard to slog through to the DLC parts, it's nearly impossible to fight mobs of enemies unlike the other game in the series and it's even harder to zip past them since you take so long to go through fog doors and enemies are often right in front of them.
>>
>>339089816
That's missing the invisible volcano floating above the windmill m8.
>>
>>339097043
But hey, at least they made climbing ladders faster!
>>
>>339096259
That shit happens in literally every Souls game. DS2 is just a meme scapegoat for hate on /v/ nowadays.
>>
File: iron keep.jpg (133 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
iron keep.jpg
133 KB, 1400x900
>>339097082
(You)
>>
File: 1464107253740.png (548 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1464107253740.png
548 KB, 1000x563
>>339095082
That shit was so awful, how could you like it? 20 Alonne knights aggroing from the other side of the map and swarming you. Fog door right next to a captain firing arrows at you while another captain from the opposite end is also shooting at you, all while an Alonne knight you missed catches up to you and stabs you from out of nowhere.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is way better than 3. Soul Memory is the biggest fuck up though.
>>
>>339097043
You forgot faster weapon swinging for almost every DS1 weapon in the game.
DS1 is a slog besides running taking no stamina and naked fast rolls.
>>
File: iron keep 1.jpg (803 KB, 1276x2666) Image search: [Google]
iron keep 1.jpg
803 KB, 1276x2666
>>339097282
And the same shit happened in DS1.

>>339097314
DS2's PvP is objectively the best in the series. Say what you want about the bosses and level design, those don't last as long as PvP anyway.
>>
>>339097282
I don't get this pic.
>>
>>339097203
>conveniently cuts webm right before she attacks

She doesn't track you when she's attacking. In ds2 the entire attack animation tracks you, down to the last frame of it
>>
File: 506x506.png (321 KB, 506x506) Image search: [Google]
506x506.png
321 KB, 506x506
>>339097303
>That shit was so awful, how could you like it?
because it was still better than any of the other areas
>>
>>339087989
Where did this apologize meme come from?
>>
File: bloodborne shitboxes.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne shitboxes.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>339097203
>>339096259

When will /v/ finally stop singling out Dark Souls 2 for issues present in literally every Souls game? It's been 2 years, all of your 'criticisms' (AKA parrots from Nitpickmatosis' """""critique""""") have been debunked by now.
>>
>>339097282
You literally climb to the top of a windmill, walk through a corridor, and go up an elevator. After exiting the elevator, you're now suddenly in a volcano. Stop making shitty excuses to defend a bad game.
>>
>>339094806

DS2 had best fashion souls. Can't find any sexy armor like on the right there in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>339097425

In the windmill place you take an elevator up that leads to the iron keep, but you could not see it from the windmill place, nor the volcano the iron keep was meant to be in, so people shit on DaS2 because of it.

The image tries to explain that corridors and shit are meant to be longer in the world than represented ingame, so it explains that you walk quite a bit before taking the elevator up, thus making more sense.
>>
>>339097589
Guess DS1 is a bad game that can only be shittily defended when others critique it huh? : >>339097418
>>
>>339097670
Fuck. Thanks.
>>
>>339097695
Yes because seeing your bloodstain floating in an unloaded part of the world that would have been loaded if the consoles at the time could handle it is as bad as DaS2's world layout.
>>
>>339097774

Np bro, honestly they fucked up by not showing the mountain behind the windmills, even the bonfire teleport image shows it I believe.
>>
>>339097282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMFDummTtp8
>>
>>339097795
who the hell cares about inbetween sections of levels with no enemies in them that you experience for all of 5 seconds because you can fast travel past it once you reach the next bonfire? just imagine that there's no elevator and just a straight hallway so you're still at sea level. seriously do you have autism?
>>
>>339091839
>Dark Souls 2 has:
>Better bosses
I can't take you seriously

Most of the bosses in DS2 felt like they could have just been big mobs. Boring as fuck.
>>
>>339087989
I hated what they did with the Heide Knights in Scholar of the First Sin.
In the original there were very few and would not attack you unless provoked, giving you a risk/reward for fighting them.
In Scholar they just threw them everywhere in the Tower, which ruined the magic of these roaming knights.
>>
>>339098042
>Heide Knights in vanilla DS2 weren't in Heide's Tower at all
>When you beat the boss of Heide's Tower in SotFS, the logically-placed Heide Knights in the area aggro onto you
Makes perfect sense. Them being away from Heide's Tower in vanilla DS2 made no sense at all, they aren't described as wanderers like the Black Knights.
>>
>>339091839

DS2 has a metric fuckton of bosses, there's bound to be a few decent ones in there.
>>
>>339097589
>You literally climb to the top of a windmill

you actually don't go anywhere near the top of the windmill. if you look at the picture, you go just a bit above the big fan in the front (the one you burn), which is pretty low
>>
>>339092301
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
roll after you land, anon

>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
knocking down the bridge in Carthus?
>>
>>339090763
This is exactly right. The levels were just kidna stuck together and didn't flow. Souls 1, 3, and bloodborne all flow together and make sense. 2 had some interesting levels but a lot of terrible ones as well. By no means a bad game, but easily the weakest in the series.

Though, I think PvE was probably better balanced in 2 than in 3.
>>
>People pretending they liked DS2 just to be contrarians

Goddamit /v/
>>
>>339098286
DS2 shitposters never even played the game, anon.
>>
>>339097282
I know its fun to play devil's advocate anon, but don't be retarded
>>
>>339097959
>inbetween section with no enemies
>tons of fuckhuge old knights from heide's
>you literally only go down from sea level to wind up magically at sea level
I don't have autism, I have common sense.

>>339098286
Still all invisible and floating in the air. And even using the retarded explanation of "HURR YOU GO FURTHER THAN IT LOOKS LIKE", you can't see a single volcano in the background.

DaS2's world design is literally retarded, and only retards even try and defend it, let alone Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>339087989
its shit, the devs have no idea what made the first one so great
>>
>>339089593

You're giving me major PTSD here.
>>
>>339098354
>People literally cannot fathom praise for DS2, so they pretend all good word about it is just contrarianism
Goddamnit /v/

I played it since release, experienced all the DLCs coming out, and then did it all over again with SotFS. It was always fun to me because I love Souls games. It hardly plays differently from the rest, I don't understand why there's so much hate for it,
>>
>>339098473
>REEEEEEEEEE DON'T PROVE ME WRONG THAT'S NOT ALLOWED! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!
This is literally what (You) sound like right now.
>>
File: never played the game.png (44 KB, 280x121) Image search: [Google]
never played the game.png
44 KB, 280x121
>>339098357
>never even played the game
I've put way more hours into that piece of shit than I probably should have just because it was easier to find PVP than in DaS because of how awful DaS's connectivity was before Steamworks.
>>
>>339098776
>reverse stockholm syndrome
LOL
>>
>>339087989
I liked it though
>>
File: 1446345728195.jpg (14 KB, 552x539) Image search: [Google]
1446345728195.jpg
14 KB, 552x539
>>339098864
>hurr you can't say it's shit you haven't played it
>hurr look at this idiot they played a shit game a lot
>>
>Dragonrider
>Dragonriders
>Dragon Slayer
>Ruin Sentinels
>Skelly Lords
>Rat Vanguard
>Rat Authority
>Najka
>The Rotten
>Old Iron King
>Covetous Demon
>Congregation
>Lud and Zullen
>Gank Squad
>cool Blue Smelter
>Ancient Dragon
>Watcher and Defender
>Nashandra
>Vendrick

Did anybody actually like these bosses? DS2 had so much bland shit it blows my mind.
>>
>>339099082
welcome to /v/, enjoy your stay
>>
I only have Demon's Souls. I've barely tried playing it. Should I try again? How does it compare to the Dark Souls games?
>>
>>339099197
Why don't you play in release order? Don't miss out.
>>
>>339098649
I can recognize the things DS2 did right.

Anybody who claims DS2 had the best bosses or the best level design in the series is clearly shitposting though.
>>
>>339099119
Skelly lords were fun. I didn't mind Najka or Dragonslayer either.
>>
>>339099119
Better than half the shit in DS3.
>>
>>339099197
BB > DaS >= DaS3 > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>339099119
skelly lords was pretty fun although easy. Sadly the fun part of most of these bosses is how easy they are.
>>
>>339099119

I liked Skelly lords, awesome music and sorta interesting when you have killed one or two

On ng+ it becomes a spookfest though
>>
>>339099119
Ruin Sentinels is one of the best bosses in the franchise.
>>
>>339099197
Its great, play it. The bosses are still the best in the series
>>
File: 1463393583136.png (17 KB, 259x224) Image search: [Google]
1463393583136.png
17 KB, 259x224
>>339099119
I'm not even against the whole "big armored guys" design in DS2 like a lot of other people after seeing the Matthewmatosis video. But their attacks are so boring, just a bunch of slow 3 hit combo swings, maybe an overhead swing, a long range jab. It's even lamer when everything in DS moves and attacks so slow and nothing feels like it has any impact.
>>
>>339099356

least you get the Clear Bluestone Ring +2 for beating them.
>>
>>339099250
Good thing I never said anything like that that, so I don't care. I like DS2 because it has the most content and best PvP in the series. I like DS1 because it has amazing world connectivity and good atmosphere. I like DS3 because it has great visuals and good throwbacks to the previous games.

Why can't we all just get along?
>>
>>339099119
>Dragon Rider
>Ruin Sentinels
>Watcher And Defender
>Vendrick

I really like those ones. Specially Vendrick. Such a nice fight.
>>
File: dragonslayer armor.jpg (674 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer armor.jpg
674 KB, 1920x1080
>>339099283
Dragonslayer just pisses me off

>Lets literally copypaste a boss, but remove any tension whatsoever because fatty is no longer providing pressure

I can't believe people will bitch about "fanservice" in DS3, when the game went out of its way to reference Ornstein while still giving us a completely new fight
>>
>>339099356
They grabbed an incredibly piss-easy boss and made it even easier in SotFS for some reason. There's only 2 wheel skeletons and even more naked skeletons compared to the armored dual-wielding ones.
>>
>>339099119

liked Skelly Lords, Dragonslayer, Vanguard, Cool Ranch, and The Rotten. The rest were forgettable but only Old Iron King and Lud and Zallen were offensively bad.
>>
File: 1441389232664.png (22 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1441389232664.png
22 KB, 252x252
>>339099536
>vendrick
>literally an hp sponge who can one-shot you
>have to grind shit to be able to deal any damage to him and even then he's still an hp sponge
>nice fight
>>
>>339099543
I am pretty much a sucker for any one on one humanoid fights. That's why I like Gascoigne and Orphan of Kos so much in BB.
>>
>>339099382
>let's take a regular mob and literally copypaste it

DS2 almost got insulting with how lazy it was. Shadows of Yharnam and O&S pulled off the same concept so much better.
>>
>>339099294
wew

When you call bosses like Rat Vanguard, Covetous Demon or reskin blue smelter better than ds3 bosses it's clearly time to take a step back, breathe and think about what you just wrote
>>
>>339099649
I like the slow pacing of that fight, what can I say? Yes, he can one shot you, but you have to be really impatient to allow him to hit you. It's all such a slow dance. It's cool.
>>
>>339099536
Vendrick had two fucking moves

I liked the atmosphere and all be fucking be real
>>
>>339099762

>let's take a regular mob and literally copypaste it

Literally Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>339099649

While I'm not a fan of his fight.

>Grind shit

You dont even have to, you can get 5 from just clearing the game.
>>
>>339099762
>ruin sentinels
>regular mob as a boss
Literally never happens, you always encounter them in groups throughout the game.

You sure you aren't shitposting about Dark Souls 3 with the Deacons of the Deep?
>>
>>339099762
This. Ruin sentinels were a fucking awful boss,especially at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>339090763
I just wish 3 wasn't so bland.
>>
>>339090883
Soul memory was not a major flaw, if it was online would have been dead fast
>>
>>339099119

Double Dragonriders are great. Keeping track of how long the pause is between arrows is at least a small twist on the circle strafe combat that even DS3 falls in to, and players also have the option of getting the blue one to jump down early if they're confidant in their damage.

I mean, the idea itself is lazy but I'm playing a video game -- gameplay is what's most important.
>>
>>339100074
It felt amazing coming off of 2

>The levels were bigger and actually worth exploring
>Every single boss fight had multiple stages and something to make it feel unique, even the throwaway shit like Deacons of the Deep

I guess that wasn't everybody's experience though. I really am sorry you didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>339100074
That's a good word actually. I like the art direction, and maybe its the wrong complaint, but everything felt so familiar and "safe" in the game. Castles, dungeons, castles, a Forrest, a swamp. Nothing was risky, everything was straight forward and about how you'd imagine it. A real missed opportunity. Also, the decision to have so many castles and dungeons felt a bit repetitive.

I mean, the art direction was on point, and the bonfires come at just the right time, but it was a little bland.
>>
Why? I like it but I will never stop bullying it.

Shit artstyle, absolutely atrocious NPC questlines, fucked up lighting, ADP, laughable level design and uninteresting bosses.

Fuck you, it's the worst soulsgame and I still liked it, I'm not going to apologize.
>>
File: 1463764894891.gif (655 KB, 700x625) Image search: [Google]
1463764894891.gif
655 KB, 700x625
>>339100294
>Double Dragonriders are great.

No they weren't, the black archer one has about as much hp as a regular Syan knight. You could literally kill him with one stamina bar.
>>
>>339100234
You have nothing to base this on. I can still get invasions in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Every benefit of Soul Memory could have been achieved through less onerous means and without completely destroying SL builds. You can't possibly disagree with this.
>>
>>339087989
I don't have to say sorry. I liked Dark Souls 2 that was brought to us by FromSoft.
>>
>>339087989
im sorry :(
>>
>>339100385
>ADP

There is literally nothing wrong with ADP beyond having to google what agility does once -- and that's only a problem because From is retarded when it comes to conveying information to the players.
>>
>>339095274
you don't have to fight him
>>
>>339100423

now I'm wondering if you could OHKO the weaker Dragonrider if You had a maxed Giant Warrior Club/Smelter Hammer + Maxed Strength on NG.
>>
File: 1463424580903.jpg (18 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
1463424580903.jpg
18 KB, 500x441
>>339098864
>Literally "you never played it so dont judge. haha you played it why complain?" argument

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>339100716
Fucking stay mad lmao
>>
File: 1446626895213.jpg (13 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1446626895213.jpg
13 KB, 400x384
>>339100670
>there's nothing wrong with having to level a stat to be able to roll efficiently
>>
>>339087989

I liked DaS2, but 3 feels like a true sequel to 1.
>>
I'm not apologizing, they're both shit.
>>
File: 1464397265220.jpg (8 KB, 355x397) Image search: [Google]
1464397265220.jpg
8 KB, 355x397
>>339100762
>lolol u mad xd lol

Nice argument
>>
>>339100772
>VIT
>>
>>339097043
ds2 did push it with the big mobs here and there, but honestly this is only an issue when you're trying to run past them

the first time you go through an area you just need to be careful and avoid aggroing fucking everything, it's not complicated
>>
File: iframes.jpg (4 MB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
iframes.jpg
4 MB, 3000x1500
>>339100772
>he needs high agi to abuse more iframes on rolls
>not playing through the game with base agi
>not just looking up the agi-iframe breakpoints
Sounds like a classic case of git gud, anon.
>>
>>339100693
>red tearstone
>power within
>ROBFlynn
>brightbug

yeah, probably
>>
>>339098776
>212hrs
cute
>>
>>339099931
Hey fag
They appear again in the castle
>>
>>339100772

Correct. You're acting like rolling is the only way to play the game. You could block, tank the hit, physically move out of the way, or actually acquire skill and roll through attacks with less i-frames.

If you absolutely must have DS1 levels of invincibility, you can achieve that in at most 10 soul levels, usually less, depending on your starting class. That's maybe half an hour of gameplay.
>>
>>339100981
In a mob.
What's your point?
>>
File: agility and iframes.jpg (45 KB, 863x444) Image search: [Google]
agility and iframes.jpg
45 KB, 863x444
>>339100919
And you could fatroll in the other games

Doesn't make agility any less of a retarded stat. Even funnier before the PC version dropped and people had no idea what it did, because there literally isn't a single in-game indication of when your i-frames change.

Don't act like Agility wasn't a retarded stat. There are so many other things DS2 did right, but when you argue this you make us all look like contrarian retards.
>>
>>339101057
are you being stupid on purpose? I genuinely can't tell.
>>
File: 1445919633487.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1445919633487.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>339100843
>oh hey let's completely fuck over strength builds, the only builds that need to have equip load, by making equip load its own stat instead of putting it on strength

>>339101051
see >>339101191
>>
>>339101191
It's an annoying inconvenience at best, then you can look up a chart on the iframes you get. Stop exaggerating.
>>
File: 1412821365165.jpg (62 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1412821365165.jpg
62 KB, 450x450
>>339099119
>smelter
He's the cheapest boss in the entire Souls series, and my least favorite to fight. I don't get why they decided to make ANOTHER smelter fight in the DLC.
>>
>>339100670
It's like tying your shit accuracy to a stat in a shooter

It's retarded to link such an interesting mechanic to a stat
>>
>>339101051
and since SL doesn't mean anything anymore, you can just level up every single stat to the softcap!
>>
>>339101191

You still haven't said why it's retarded outside of having to look up the breakpoints, which I already admitted was shit (but easily fixable in future installments by just stating how many iframes you have).
>>
>>339099119
I can't even remember any boss themes. Such bland music, too.
>>
>>339101294
You agree that its annoying

So why argue when people bring it up as a shortcoming of the game? You're being so pedantic.
>>
>>339101280
You know DS3 has its own equip load stat too right?
>>
>>339101350
ds2 arena is +-5 SL
unless you can't find a match instantly, then it could pair you against a 838 as 150
>>
>>339101334

No, the only way to tie accuracy to a stat would be to make it random. I hope you can see how your metaphor doesn't work. Low ADP doesn't make your rolls random, it makes them less effective. You could just as easily say that having low HP or low damage is retarded because of this.

>>339101280
see
>>339101408
>>
>>339101526
Yeah, and it's even more retarded there since tying it to strength would have fixed all the problems with having poise in the game.
>>
Picked it up, played for 5 hours got sick of the PS1-tier textures and shit-tier animations.

-Backstabs, Ripostes look retarded
-getting hit makes me slide slowly like im on ice
-Soul memory fucked invasions, the only fun online aspect
-Npc's were boring as fuck
-Bosses were bland as fuck
-EVERYTHING MOVES SO FUCKING SLOW

i played for another 4 hours then forgot the game.
>>
>>339092689
It's a good game, just not as good as the other 4. It's worth at least 2-3 playthroughs.
>>
>>339101350

I agree, but what does Soul Memory have to do with ADP? Stay on topic.
>>
No.
>>
>>339101408
Because having to level a stat just to be able to use one of the core mechanics of the game properly is literally retarded. Stop grasping at fucking straws and defending parts of the game that even people who like DaS2 admit are shit.
>>
>>339101408
>You still haven't said why it's retarded outside of having to look up the breakpoints
8 out every 10 levels literally do nothing
There is no in-game indication of when your i-frames change

That's pretty much it. It was an attempted fix to something that wasn't broken, and it was implemented in a manner that completely incompetent.
>>
>>339101691
>It's worth at least 2-3 playthroughs.
Only for people with really low standards, its barely worth playing through once
>>
>>339101946
If you say so, anon. Some day I hope to be as patrician as you.
>>
>>339100308
I did enjoy the game. I'm still playing it. And I agree with your points, but it's just so monotone.

Did anyone else get a DeS feel when going through Road of Sacrifices? What with the crucifixes and the moaning of the undead, reminiscent of the Old One.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is much more replayable than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>339101946
fight me irl faggot
>>
No dancer?

No soul level based pvp?

no thanks.
>>
>>339102095
>>339102137
Post your top 9 games
>>
APOLOGIZE TO RETARDED HIT DETECTION THAT LASTS FIVE MINUTES AFTER THE ANIMATION

APOLOGIZE TO BEING KEKED BY CAMERA ANGLES AND TARGET LOCKING THAT WOULD RATHER FOCUS THAT BIRD TEN MILES AWAY INSTEAD OF THE NIGGER ON YOUR BACK

APOLOGIZE TO BORING LEVELS WHOSE SOLE DIFFICULTY IS THROWING TWELVE ENEMIES AT YOU

APOLOGIZE TO FAIR FOG FOREST OF INVISIBLE ENEMIES

APOLOGIZE TO A BIG PILE OF SHIT
>>
>>339102130
>less build variety
>less fun pvp
>worse hitboxes
>less interesting areas
>less interesting bosses
>worse mechanics
>less variety in everything
Yeah, I'll bet it is.
>>
>>339102158
>>339101528
most people you fight in the arena are 150-155
>>
>>339087989
Sorry that you were such a shit game.
>>
>>339102273
>powerstancing, proper dual wielding nigger what
>way better pvp
>hitboxes are godlike in pvp if you're rocking a solid connection with your opponent
>pve fagget
>
>
>
>>
>>339102219
Final Fantasy VI
Dark Souls
Super Mario RPG
Star Fox 64
Secret of Mana
Halo 3 and ODST
Half-Life and Opposing Force
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
>>
>>339101628
It's almost like if it was random, since the hitboxes make you unable to predict when you should roll. Dodging attacks changes to reacting to animations, without a clear indication when you should roll. That makes dodging random everytime you see a new attack that you haven't seen before.

Fight Ruin Sentinels with the lowest agility possible and you'll see how bad it is.

Dark Souls 3 is completely different - hitboxes are so great that you can dodge some attacks BY ATTACKING. Knowing your moveset gives you an adventage and you don't need to check the timing, because it's actually well tied to the animations.
>>
>>339087989
I'm sorry that I spent $150 on you
>>
>>339102426
>Halo
You just had to ruin everything.
>>
>>339102419
>boring enemies
>easy as shit
>holy fuck that netcode
I'll give you powerstancing/proper dual wielding, though powerstancing was pretty much shit since they only had a few movesets for it and 90% of them were useless.
>>
>>339096161
Never was a problem for me and my Greatsword except for that fucking Royal Sorcerer that spams hexes.
>>
>>339101887

I didn't know the game disabled rolling unless you put points into ADP.

>>339101897

>8 out every 10 levels literally do nothing
>There is no in-game indication of when your i-frames change

That is what I just said. You even quoted me where I specifically pointed out that those were legitimate problems and the _only_ problems with ADP.

> It was an attempted fix to something that wasn't broken

While I wasn't incredibly sad to see it go in DS3, I do think it legitimately added something to the game where people had to choose between increased iframes and other stats. In an ideal game, each stat would be separated out (where thematically appropriate), properly balanced and well conveyed to the player. ADP was a step in the right direction but again I can see why they axed it.
>>
>>339102219
mgs
mgs3
ds 1,2,3
mount & blade:wb
civilization5:bnw
arma 2,3
elite dangerous

maybe i don't fucking know, these are some games i'm enjoying currently

your turn
>>
>>339102675
See, the thing I like about universal/equal iframes for everyone is that they even out the playing field between high and low level players.

With Soul Memory, you would very often meet players who are 50 levels higher or lower than you if you did a lot of PvP.
>>
>>339102675
>I didn't know the game disabled rolling unless you put points into ADP.
Given that your hitbox doesn't move with your roll, rolling is useless without a decent amount of iframes. And since shields are shit in DaS2, rolling is your only option.
>>
File: 1292789342947.png (25 KB, 266x320) Image search: [Google]
1292789342947.png
25 KB, 266x320
>>339102575
>this nigga doesn't know about quick attacks
>>
>>339102675
>it legitimately added something to the game where people had to choose between increased iframes and other stats
It would have if soul level actually meant something.
>>
Does lighting any torches in the entire game do anything? Or are they literally just for lighting? When no area in the game has been dark enough to make torches necessary
>>
I'm sorry, Dark souls 3, for buying the piece of junk that came before you.
>>
File: lewd.png (101 KB, 186x251) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
101 KB, 186x251
>>339102219
No, fight me after school, faggit. We'll bet our pokemon figurines.

Just naming some, I don't have an actual list.

Ninja Gaiden 2 (360, not the sigma abortion)
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
FF6 & 7
Dragon's Dogma
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
StarCraft Brood War
Fire Emblem 9 & 10
Seiken Densetsu 3
I want to say Valkyrie Profile, but I've only beaten it once so far.

Fuck anon, I don't know. I love a lot of vidya.
>>
>>339102736
>All dark souls games but no DeS or BB
>Those last few games
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>>339091839
>Dark Souls 2
>-Better bosses

Hahahaha!
>>
>>339100074
>Only place I was interested in was Irithyll
>They fucked it by going DUDE DARK SOULS 1 LMAO halfway through
Callbacks were a mistake
>>
>>339102273

>less build variety
>worse mechanics
>less variety in everything

DS2 is better in at least these regards. Build variety goes without saying and I don't know how you could bring that up -- every DS3 thread is filled with bitching about build variety.

I'm not sure what falls under mechanics for you, but the fast estus and low-stamina rolls of DS3 makes combat boring at best and a chore at worst (especially in PvP).

I'll give you variety in bosses, but the area design in DS2 is as close to objectively better as an opinion can be. DS3's areas are yet another castle, yet another forest, yet another swamp, yet another catacombs. It's the New Super Mario Bros. of Souls games.
>>
>>339102938
They were leftover from early development, where the lighting system made areas dark enough to need torches. Several areas in the game reduce your lockon distance as a holdover from this, despite the areas not actually being dark.

There's some hidden door or something that opens up in Blighttown 2.0 if you light every torch in the area, but I forget what it was.
>>
>>339102971
Radiant Dawn is the tits. You're alright in my book.
>>
File: rodney-king.jpg (8 KB, 444x462) Image search: [Google]
rodney-king.jpg
8 KB, 444x462
>>339090106
you're a fucking winner anon, my dumbass played it through entirely, and it damn near ruined my ds3 experience because the entire time I was nauseous with anticipation for it to ds2 me again. jesus christ I wish, in all seriousness, that I had never played more than 5 hours of it
>>
I'm sorry. I miss you, pre-nerf vanquisher's seal.
>>
>>339102996
it's me, your friendly neighborhood anon
I'm not particularly proud of that list, i didn't give it much thought, but i don't feel like i should try and pick "top 10 games", since for me it heavily depends on my mood
>>
>>339103096
>DS3's areas are yet another castle, yet another forest, yet another swamp, yet another catacombs
You literally just described every area in every souls game.
>>
>>339088892
>Guess what, DS3 did that too.
No it didn't, literally one area is separated (the Kiln)
>>
>>339094926
>Better in virtually every way
>Random ass fucking undead CHARIOT in an enclosed room
>>
>>339102794
>>339102927

So as we can see, Soul Memory is the problem and not ADP.

>>339102821

>Given that your hitbox doesn't move with your roll, rolling is useless without a decent amount of iframes.

I suppose you could take this as a problem with ADP, but below that it's a problem with hitboxes locations that From still hasn't fixed after 5 games (unless it's fixed on the BB engine).
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.