[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save survival horror?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (41 KB, 320x462) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_2.jpg
41 KB, 320x462
How do we save survival horror?
>>
Pray that Kojipro somehow revives the PT project
>>
5 nights at freddy's already saved the genre
>>
>>339088306
I know you're baiting, but the first FNAF was unironically a really cool and brilliant horror game, although I'm not sure it fits the survival horror category.
>>
No more walking simulators.
>>
Just make a spooky fucking game that doesn't rely on jumpscares and isn't a walking / running away simulator, with gameplay that requires conscious resource management and makes you feel unsure if you're able to handle whatever is lurking in the dark. Also, don't make it a fucking gemeric third person shooter RE4 wannabe. Put a fucked up story on top of it that you slowly uncover and boom, there you go.
>>
>>339088760
This. Though these are the only "games" that come close to appropriated length (6-8 hrs) and focus on the story and atmosphere the most.
>>
Say fuck it and make a horror game so fucked up and disturbing that it's banned on twitch and Youtube
>>
>>339087925
That kind of survival horror is like movies from the classic Hollywood. We just don't live in that world anymore.
>>
Certainly don't look to the shitty SH series.
>>
Do you believe in fate /v/?
That James is a very bad man
>>
Is it having trouble surviving? The horror. :)
>>
>>339087925
More jump scares.
>>
>>339088306
FNAF isn't survival horror.
>>
Shitposting aside, what is your dream Survival Horror game /v/?
>>
File: ggry3NW.jpg (97 KB, 750x726) Image search: [Google]
ggry3NW.jpg
97 KB, 750x726
any horror games worth playing in the past 2 years?
>>
>>339087925
You don't
>>
Give up on the AAA market. Actual horror doesn't sell with rare exception so just aim for a niche audience.

>>339092956

Fatal Frame 5, Alien Isolation, arguably The Evil Within. Haven't played NightCry but I hear it's of a sillier ilk, and I've got hopes for Yomawari personally.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.