[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Metal Gear game has the best final boss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: MGS Final Bosses.png (1000 KB, 990x628) Image search: [Google]
MGS Final Bosses.png
1000 KB, 990x628
Which Metal Gear game has the best final boss?
>>
3 and 4
>>
>>339076694
/thread
>>
>>339076597
I'd go with MGS3. It's like a game of cat and mouse.
And that SQUARE button in the end ;_;
>>
3 and 1(if you count REX and Liquid as one boss)
>>
File: LES ENFANTS TERRIBLES, SON.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
LES ENFANTS TERRIBLES, SON.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Is this even a competition? Rising.

4 and PW are pretty good tho.
>>
File: 1459209870249.png (532 KB, 528x880) Image search: [Google]
1459209870249.png
532 KB, 528x880
Which Metal Gear game has the best fan fiction?
>>
>>339077026
5 before release
>>
>>339076597
MGR has the best final boss theme
>>
Its 4 because that is a tribute to all the games, its just everything that made the series great, the music, the memes, the nostalgic it was everything MGS put into one boss fight.
>>
>>339076597
MGS3's is pretty good, though once you get the timing for CQC down she's boring and a total breeze. Frankly I don't think any of the final bosses in the series are all that great. Solidus was pretty good, and Big Boss in MG2 was a very interesting idea that falters in execution (Big Boss just isn't aggressive enough to impose much tension on the player), but that's about it.
>>
>>339076597
Rising and 3 are my favorites but i like most of them.
>>
>>339076694
>>339076774
>>339078496
>MGS3
guys...
>>
Everyone is most likely gonna say 3. But getting to david mustaine for the first time in MGS for the PS1 was fucking magic man.

That was some grade A shit. Besides Solid Snake>>>>>Big Boss
>>
>>339078665
yes?
>>
>>339078361
>Its 4 because that is a tribute to all the games
Being little more than a tribute is why I think it sucks. In terms of how it plays it's an improvement over the punch-punch-punch of MG2's Gray Fox fight and the punch-punch-kick of MGS1's Liquid fight, but it's not good enough to make such blatant onanism excusable for me. MGS4 was up its own ass. Too much fanwank.
>>
>>339076873
i always counted the rex and liquid fight to be the same fight split up into different segments.
>>
The Boss is obviously the best one, followed by the Liquid Ocelot duel on top of Outer Haven. What you pick from there is personal preference.

I liked beating the shit out of Liquid, Mass Produced Rays save MGS2, and Rising is pretty much constant fanservice.

Even Peace Walker delivered some cool moments, like trying to demolish the outer shell of the Metal Gear so it will stop the launching sequence. The only awful shit was in V.
>>
Liquid is irrelevant.
>>
>>339078998
Really, did V even have any memorable bossfghts?
>>339079089
Fuck off, Big Boss
>>
>>339079089
Not as much as sally
>>
Nanomachines son.
>>
>>339076597
What the fuck is that metal gear on the bottom right?
>>
>>339079125
V didn't have any bossfights, aside from the Metal Gear Fanfiction at the end.
>>
Rising.
>>
>>339079231
sahelantropus
>>
What is so fucking good about the boss?

Besides the final boss is actually revolver ocelot and it was the best one
>>
>>339078764
shagohod fight is awful and the boss is sort of lame. Cool thematically but she isn't a fun fight.

Both the RAY fight and solidus duel were more fun
>>
>>339079546
I'm still mad that Sahelanthropus wasn't more like Zeke's in Peace Walker. In fact, you know fucking what, I'm annoyed that the entire game wasn't more like Peace walker with the damage values and whatnot. I mad. I enjoyed PW more than 5.
>>
>>339076597
Solidus holds a special place in my heart because it's batshit retarded. I'm in a sword fight with a ex president on top of federal hall, that whole image is fucking hilarious. Shame it sucked gameplay wise
>>
>>339076597
1 and rising are the only right answers. Anyone who says 4 or 3 is an easily amused Mongoloid
>>
>>339078867
This all the way
>>
STANDING HERE
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.