[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any /Beksińskicore/ vidya other than EYE: Divine Cybermancy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10
Is there any /Beksińskicore/ vidya other than EYE: Divine Cybermancy?
>>
>>339074952
looks like DmC
>>
Scorn
>>
Tormentum is kinda close
>>
>>339075173
>Scorn
Trailer looks good, but...
>atmospheric first person horror adventure
...sounds like walking simulator
Also, no news for like over a year
But thanks anon
>>339075393
Going to check this out
Thank you
>>339075068
just no
>>
File: 02.png (758 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
02.png
758 KB, 750x410
>>339075662
>just no
yeah dude DmC has floating crumbling buildings everywhere, it's like its main aesthetic
>>
>>339076071
Not OP, but Beksinski is not just floating buildings. I still haven't played DmC, but from what I've seen it is pretty far from that style.
>>
File: beksinki8.jpg (49 KB, 404x550) Image search: [Google]
beksinki8.jpg
49 KB, 404x550
>>339076071
Floating crumbling buildings arent very common in his works, I just picked random one.
Pic is other example
Dude is rather popular and well known on 4chan, I hoped people would know his paintings
>>
Some Souls areas are very Bekscinski-esque; seems like Doom 4 should have that kind of design but missed the opportunity.
>>
File: vg.jpg (571 KB, 1000x811) Image search: [Google]
vg.jpg
571 KB, 1000x811
>>339076610
/v/ has 1,4 million unique IPs every month, you can't expect every single kiddo who likes DmC to know about Bekinski.
>>
No, stop asking
>>
>>339074952
Pathologic and The Void both draw a bit from his aesthetics, and they have more than just superficial connection: they are deep at root surreal/magical realism works done by slavs and heavily dealing with the sort of east european history...
The latest trailer for that Warhammer 40k RTS strategy was steeped with references to his works, but it's just that, a pre-rendered trailer.
>>
File: 1458256073044.gif (1 MB, 680x551) Image search: [Google]
1458256073044.gif
1 MB, 680x551
>>339074952
>/Beksińskicore/

Please stop this shit
>>
>>339074952
What the fuck is EYE anyway? From what I found online, it looks like a co-op shooter like L4D but faggots here act like it has this ebin story and they have some dank memes I want to understand.

What exactly is that game and if it's a co-op shooter how do you get the story details?
>>
>>339077089
Finland was a mistake
>>
File: beksinskicore.jpg (221 KB, 1323x1843) Image search: [Google]
beksinskicore.jpg
221 KB, 1323x1843
Dawn of War III
>>
>tfw Beksinski died when some faggot stabbed him over 100$
>tfw he said most of his paintings weren't actually dark, but warm and loving and sometimes even humorous
>tfw he just wanted to paint people's dreams
>tfw he burned a number of paintings in his backyard because he said they were 'too personal' to release for the public
>>
>>339077265
> hating on gondola
>>
File: 5PiVDQ1.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5PiVDQ1.jpg
447 KB, 1920x1080
>>339077262
Main point of the game is singleplayer. You may play campaign in coop, but I recommend you to not do it for the first time.
It has plenty of surreal moments, partly intended, partly because of bad translation. Also it has some unusual mechanics which may be confusing.
Just remember to repair your legs.
>>
>>339077262
It's not a coop shooter, it's a single player shooter that you can also play coop. The core is however in the single player campaign. As for what it plays like, it's all a bit complicated:
It plays like a mixture of Deus Ex with Quake while completely on speed and with some hoard mode elements to it. There quite a lot of RPG-esque elements to it, a lot of activatable abilities and skills, a variety of different possible approaches, mini games like hacking also present, but it's also an incredibly fast shooter with some pre-made and some randomly generated missions in pretty big and sprawling maze-like locations.
And then there is a totally insane crazy story to it, which I will admit I simply did not get when I played the thing.

It's also a game where you can take down attack helicopters with a hammer and get killed by a door that hacks into your brain and makes you commit suicide.
>>
>>339077265
>Finland was a mistake
nah, finland is great
every other nordic country has almost the same language, but finnish is completely fucking different so nobody can fucking understand them
plus, they shit out the most badass sniper who ever lived, the white death
>>
idk, dark souls has similar style sometimes, especially boss design

>>339077587
lol
it looks like it was a rip off
>>
>>339077262

It's a heavily heavily flawed gem, and honestly the meemers are starting to piss me off. It went from being an unknown weird little title to an overrated meme game because of them.

These two make it sound amazing and unique
>>339078192
>>339078751
But in reality it's just a mish mash of odd ideas that sometimes work well and often times don't. I finished it 3 times to get the true ending. The story wont make sense first 2 times, but on 3rd ending it all makes sense. But since you have probably been ignoring it anyways since it was just retarded the whole way through, it's not like a big revelation, more like a "huh, so that was it aye". Story is more there for flavoring since the bad French translation is amusing.

The gameplay is incredibly grindy, the game is highly repetitive, the level design is often shit tier. But the guns and weapons feel really good to use and a lot of the abilities are pretty innovative, but feel like wasted potential. Like half the game is good and the other half is just shit. Also it is absolutely punishing and any mistake can only be fixed by excessive grinding, and your grinding can even be reversed meaning you really have to focus on your grinding if you want to get anywhere. It can be a frustrating experience at times, and pretty fun at others. It's okay but it's not for everyone and I don't think it really deserves all the hype and memes that /v/ gives it.

BTW all that "hack a door and it hacked me back and then I shot myself" is just marketting. Basically if you fail a hack you get some damage and some screen overlays, it says on screen "you are being hacked" and then you get some static or another random effect which can include death. It's novel at first but wears off. I know you can hack enemies NPC's though but controlling them is clunky as fuck.

So yeah, half the game I really liked, and it legit tried to innovate with some good ideas, but then the other half is grindy shit.
>>
>>339080402
What grinding? I've finished the game without replaying any mission.
>>
>>339074952
>EYE
>Beksiński
What?
>>
File: EYE_pickpocket_2small[1].jpg (312 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
EYE_pickpocket_2small[1].jpg
312 KB, 1000x563
>>339081282
Starting area is a huge reference to >>339076607
Probably there is more
>>
File: 1460918010953.jpg (50 KB, 605x500) Image search: [Google]
1460918010953.jpg
50 KB, 605x500
>>339077262

That game has the worst mapping I've ever seen.
>>
>>339081574
Majority of EYE is heavily urbanized areas
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.