[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Danganronpa thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13
File: Nagito3.png (120 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
Nagito3.png
120 KB, 960x560
Danganronpa thread?
>>
File: Bustup_01_18.png (95 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
Bustup_01_18.png
95 KB, 960x560
I guess nobody wants to talk about Danganronpa with me. Such despair. I can't wait to see the hope that comes out of this one.
>>
>>339071519
I will.
>>
>>339071667
Oh okay

uh

Who's your favorite character and what's your favorite case
>>
>>339071853
I'll admit it, i just came here because i feel bad for you.
>>
File: Bustup_01_12.png (115 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
Bustup_01_12.png
115 KB, 960x560
>>339071958
>>
>>339072050
It's ok I'm here too now
You were pretty great Nagito, your case was the best
>>
>>339071853
Which one anon? In the second game I'm starting to like nagito more, the more I read about him. He's a very interesting guy and his life has some resemblances with mine.
>>
Ibuki is trash and everyone who likes her is equally disappointing.

Meow.
>>
>>339072205
I'm torn between wanting to talk to you and telling you to get out in case of spoilers. We can talk about the first one if you want.
>>339072259
but I like Ibuki
>>
>>339072424
I have played both games though, only haven't played despair girls.

Heavy spoilers.
I thought Nagito was a cunt for withholding his logic at times but in the end it makes sense. The guy is terminal and he feels all he has left to get some sense of self worth is to become a stepping stone for the others. That's also why he suddenly turns the moment he realizes who they really are because he thinks he can make a difference.
>>
>>339072759
Yep. The fact he's so ideologically consistent and simple is what makes him a great character. Plus he has three advantages over everybody else in the killing game:
1. He doesn't care about dying, if anything he wants to die.
2. He doesn't care about killing anybody so long as it's in the name of HOPE
3. He has a bullshit lucky super power he can exploit.

He's probably my favorite character, maybe my favorite antagonist in any vidya ever really. He's the worst type of person you could be opposite of in the situation they were thrown into.
>>
>>339072259
Oh please, Mikan is even worse, she only exist for the sake of being bullied, but I guess Bully-kun is too busy with the beautiful blonde cute adorable huggable Saionji.
Ibuki's not the best, but she's pretty cool.
>>
>>339073434
You shut your whore mouth
Mikan did nothing wrong
>>
>>339073493
she murdered two innocent people for no reason
>>
>>339073041
Again spoilers galore

I think in the end got what he want with the fifth trial. His plan was to let the traitor win and kill of the remnants but then the remnants survive and later it is implied that they changed their old ways by staying on the island, turning them into beacons of hope, which was his original goal.

What I don't understand in the fourth trial is why gundham was the primary suspect. Sure he slept in a deluxe chamber and wasn't supposed to come out but all the others in the deluxe chambers also had no alibi's. Gundham could have just taken a stroll and heard the alarm by accident. Maybe I missed evidence but at that point it was pure bluff.

Also, mikan died for a really shitty reason. I was actually sad about her death.
>>
>>339073646
Despair disease, it was really a cop out from the writers part.
>>
File: Bustup_09_08.png (93 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
Bustup_09_08.png
93 KB, 960x560
What if we made a danganronpa game using the 4chan boards as Super Duper Highschool Level students? Like if /v/ was the Super Duper Highschool Level Weeb or /v/ was the Super Duper Highschool Level video gamer. Each board specializes in one common subject, so I think it'd be interesting.

Depending on the personalities for each board, who do you guys think would turn out to be Ultimate Despair and Ultimate Hope? Who would be the first to die? Who would survive until the end? Who would be the main 3?

Also, if you had to pick only 16 students like the games, which boards would you get together to participate in a Mutual Killing Game?
>>
>>339073493
The only good thing she did is having a nice butt.
>>
>>339073928
oops, I meant the first one to be /a/
>>
>>339073646
She did it for her beloved
>>
>>339073691
I kinda disagree. Nagito knew the reason they were there on the island was rehabilitation. By trying to kill everyone else but the FF mole he was proving what he thought about them being symbols of hope.

Gundham was the only one outside of his room when the alarm went off. He should've said from the very beginning that he was going to the bathroom, but his first excuse is a bad one where he says he heard it because of his Four Dark Devas. When he brings up the bathroom excuse he's already under suspicion.

I'm apparently one of the few who had no problem with 2-3. Her motive seemed like an asspull at the time, but it was actually foreshadowing who they really were.
>>
>>339070725
Alright /v/ i need your BEST Hopeman pictures
>>
>>339073928
Cool
So /a/ is SHSL anime enthusiast
/b/ SHSL shitposter
/v/ SHSL gamer
/pol/ SHSL politician
>>
Nagito's a great example of using their respective talent in the game. Hope this shit happens more often in ndr3
>>
Ultimate or SHSL

http://poal.me/wi098g
>>
>>339073928
That would be pretty interesting.
Choosing Ultimate Despair and Hope could be pretty hard, but I can imagine /soc/ being the first one to die, I imagine them as the ones who'd try to make us all get along, so it'd be the most DESPAIR inducing if it dies.
Also, for board choices, I'd go with /a/,/b/,/c/,/d/,/g/,/k/,/v/,/fa/,/fit/,/lit/,/pol/,/sci/,/soc/,/trv/,/tc/ and /x/
>>
>>339074683
>/c/, /d/
>no /mu/, /r9k/ or /m/
Modify that shit and you got a decent roster
>>
>>339074683
the Ultimate Despair would be /fa/, sister to /k/
>>
>>339074279

How would Nagito know they were there for rehab? He only knew about their past because of the special prize he got from monokuma but the book only described their school life/past, not the recent events
>>
>>339074683
>/a/ would die to /fit/ pretty much like Hifumi
>/pol/ would be the first suspect in every case
>/v/ would probabily stay neutral ("Leave me alone I just want to play videogames...") but shitalk everyone in the trials despite doing nothing at all the whole time
>/g/ would engage a battle with Monokuma and die horribly ("Monokuma is weak! Trust me!")
>>
File: 46725985_p16.png (157 KB, 692x796) Image search: [Google]
46725985_p16.png
157 KB, 692x796
>>339075460
>that subtle spoiler
>>
>>339075470
He knew they were in a simulation. He knew the simulation was run by the FF. He knew Monokuma was an outside party. Go watch that video where he says he wants to be the Ultimate Hope.
>>
File: 1408428343332.jpg (172 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1408428343332.jpg
172 KB, 1200x900
if junko is in v3 i swear i'm gonna drop this game so hard also pc port when
>>
File: 1464021848003.png (361 KB, 560x619) Image search: [Google]
1464021848003.png
361 KB, 560x619
Recently beat DR2 just the other week and only wanted to show support for the series because they ported there steam version to Linux.

Turned out to be my favorite game I have played in a long time. Hope when DR3 comes to PC its the same time as PS4, if not I guess im buying a PS4. Also please continue to dev for linux, I don't like booting into windows.
>>
>>339075692
/v/ sounds like the perfect guy to base a trial around since he seems so involved. A good twist with /vg/ or /vr/ might be interesting.
>>
>>339076258
I hope she's not the mastermind but on another level I'll be sad when she's gone. I can't imagine anybody else as Monokuma.
>>
>>339075751

Ok, it looks like he knew. It's odd though that Junko/monokuma would let him know. What purpose would that serve?
What I also found strange is how Nagito, who looks very intelligent during the previous chapter misses such an obvious thing as using those panels blocking the door, which instantly makes it suspicious of a suicide. You could say he counted on the fire to burn the panels but he also knew about the fire grenades. It's really a massive fault and weird that he would let that slip through.
>>
>>339074683
>>339073928
All I know is that the murder for Super Duper Highschool Level Pony Fanatic will be Case 5 tier in terms of not having a clue on who actually murdered them. Let's face it, everyone wants to kill /mlp/ in some way.

It'll turn out to be a suicide
>>
>>339076652
Go watch Monokuma and Nagito's interaction after he clears the Final Dead Room. Junko knew 100% what she was going to happen if she gave him that information.
>>
Fuck I want to replay 2 now, so many god tier moments.
>>
>>339073646
>for no reason
Have you not gotten to the end of the game yet or something
she did have a reason
>>
File: Mukuro_Ikusaba.png (258 KB, 505x656) Image search: [Google]
Mukuro_Ikusaba.png
258 KB, 505x656
Best girl
>>
>>339077094
Best ded
>>
>>339076871
Holy crap, you have a really good memory anon.
Which game did you like more, the first or second?
>>
>>339077458
I think the second is a better game in most ways, but I have a lot of fondness for the first. They're both really good, 2 is a smidge better
>>
File: 6383cb9f64104527ceaf5b30f89f09f7.jpg (933 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
6383cb9f64104527ceaf5b30f89f09f7.jpg
933 KB, 1200x1200
The DR2 anime is focusing on the wrong thing
It should be a comfy SOL about the Remnants of Despair pillaging towns and murdering people
>>
>>339078470
>tfw we will never see them with their fucked up Junko parts
>>
>>339080087
never say never anon, we still have the anime
>>
Why the fuck are there constant threads of this shit now?

Don't tell me an actual fanbase was born of the PC release? Thought you pc niggas hated weebshit?
>>
>>339080945
because the games are good, you should play them
>>
>>339080945
Well, most of the pc users wanted to play it, but the translation on the PSP game stopped, so we had to wait.
Now we played it and loved it, I suppose.
>>
File: tumblr_n0g5ef8Bcy1rg3xjqo1_500.jpg (57 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0g5ef8Bcy1rg3xjqo1_500.jpg
57 KB, 500x653
>>339080945
>constant threads
Holy shit I need to browse /v/ more.

Make way, here come best boys.
>>
>>339081084
I've played them last year buddy.

>>339081246
I mean, i didn't expect daily threads just because of the PC release. Like it's been 2 or 3 months since it came out on PC right?
>>
File: ibuki.png (98 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
ibuki.png
98 KB, 480x280
>Good tier:
2-5, 1-5

>Ok tier:
2-2, 1-2, 1-4

>I wish I was playing Ace Attorney tier:
The rest

>What a shit ending tier:
2-6

>Not even circus case or 4-3 were this bad tier:
2-3
>>
>tfw I'll have to watch DR2 anime without the dub
>>
>>339073646
>innocent

Saionji deserved to die.
>>
>>339073868
Motives in DR2 were shit.

>haha asspull disease now we can get the story moving with random killings

>haha locked in a funhouse to starve to death unless a killing gets done

At least in DR1 Monokuma offered psychological motives and the murders all happened naturally out of everyone, not just forced to keep the story moving.
>>
So i loved most of dg1 though got bored of it like 3/4ths into it because i found it repetitive. Will i like dg2?
>>
>>339082131
Despair disease wasn't an asspull. She got her memories back and that was the real Mikan.

also being locked in to starve to death and have to choose between dying without killing an innocent or human sacrifice to live is a great motive. It's better than just "have some money"
>>
>>339081979
Yes, because her best friend died and she was trying to become a better person while accepting that?
>>
>>339082218
yeah, probably. Go back and finish DR1 though, the last cases are the best cases in that one.
>>
>>339082260
>Despair disease wasn't an asspull.

Sure bud.

>also being locked in to starve to death and have to choose between dying without killing an innocent or human sacrifice to live is a great motive. It's better than just "have some money"

It was a cheap and tasteless way to get a killing done. Going completely against what Monokuma represented in the first game
>>
>>339082131
Asspull disease ultimately had little to do with the motive for that case though. With that in mind I also think it was sorta dumb actually, just not for the reason you gave.

>not just forced to keep the story moving
It had a pretty different story to DR1 altogether, I don't get why so many people ignore that when it suits them. The entire time it was evident that something about the game wasn't "right" and the conclusion of the game follows through on that.
>>
>>339082448
How was it an asspull? She lost her memories, she got them back. Not like it came from nowhere.

>It was a cheap and tasteless way to get a killing done. Going completely against what Monokuma represented in the first game
Wasn't cheap or tasteless, it gets right to the heart of despair which is Monokuma's MO. Not to mention he was working to get them to kill each other as fast as possible; she wanted their bodies unlike in DR1.
>>
>>339082292
Too late! She's been a little bitch the entire time.
>>
>>339082763
Magical VR disease to suddenly make them return their memories was just a lame asspull. As retarded as if in DR1 someone had been infected with a "rage virus" or something that made them want to kill people.

Physiological motive to get something done is shit-tier compared to psychological motive. It's like twisting someone's arm to force them to do something instead of mentally breaking them, and that's exactly what the funhouse was. A shitty submission hold for you to tap out instead of your mind being consumed by despair
>>
>>339082974
>As retarded as if in DR1 someone had been infected with a "rage virus" or something that made them want to kill people.
it's not magical. They were in a VR. It's like getting mad over "magical" memory wipes. Junko couldn't do the "rage virus" in DR1 because that was the real world.
>Physiological motive to get something done is shit-tier compared to psychological motive. It's like twisting someone's arm to force them to do something instead of mentally breaking them, and that's exactly what the funhouse was. A shitty submission hold for you to tap out instead of your mind being consumed by despair
it was psychological and physiological. Some people would never kill another human being even to save their own life. Not to mention Junko was literally working against a clock, her motivation in crafting motives was different in SDR2 than DR1.
>>
>>339082974
>to suddenly make them return their memories
Mikan getting her memories back was a glitch, it wasn't an intended effect of the disease (which is why I personally feel that there shouldn't have been a "despair disease" at all, I suppose they wanted to use something to cover this up at the time but it brought more bad than good to the table I feel).
and Mikan's "motive" ties in directly to the revelations at the end of the game. She knew who the traitor was i.e. she knew what the deal with DR2's world was and what Izuru's plan was as well. She's one of Junko's followers and killed in devotion of her. Seemed dumb at the time but in respect of the game as a whole it's a motive that makes sense within the setting and it was all solid foreshadowing of things to come as well. That case had problems, Mikan's motive wasn't one of them though

>instead of your mind being consumed by despair
This wasn't DR2 Monokuma's intention to begin with.
>>
>>339082974
If it was simply that the despair disease turned the harmless nurse into a murderer then I could get your argument.

However the case was set up from the start to establish that Mikan remembered her past. Her past of being the ultimate despair.

The motive might not be as interesting as the ones in DR1 at first glance, but its presence foreshadows part of the main plot, which is definitely on par with DR1's motives. First one especially.
>>
>>339083610
Sure, it's great that you realize at the very end of the game that mikans murder actually made sense based on her character, but that doesn't really erase the shitty feeling you had during her verdict

not to mention the fact that something like a remembering disease is even a thing, if monokuma was willing to straight up give people illnesses that would guaranteed lead to them killing people then whats the point of this whole gig
>>
>>339084172
The virus had different effect on diferent people, of the 3 infected all were easily manipulable and the virus was clearly not really contagiable, it was uploaded or some shit directly from Junko, Hajime was exposed all the time and not affected
>>
How the fuck do I kill the first boss on monomi's magical girl sidegame?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.