[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here bought this and actually uses it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 3max.jpg (175 KB, 1245x700) Image search: [Google]
3max.jpg
175 KB, 1245x700
Who here bought this and actually uses it?
>>
Who else "bought it and never bothered past day one" here?
>>
>>339051790
I do. All the time actually.
>>
>>339051790
I thought I could use it in place of my 360 controller for games where I like to use controllers. It looked like it could potentially be more comfortable.

It's nice. It's kind of awkward feeling. The haptic feedback thing on the right or whatever I can't really ever use very well. So it's just a more awkward 360 controller to me.

I'd use neither if Sony dualshock controllers ever got any real PC support, but that'll never happen due to M$.
>>
>>339052525
Uh, you can get a DS4 running in 3 minutes tops on PC.

As for Steam conts, I like em but for the most part stick to my trusty Logitechs.
>>
File: image.png (505 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
505 KB, 500x500
>>339051790
I've been using my brothers xbone controller which I thought was goty but he moved Olson I had to get a new controller. Bought the SC and it's actually really good. I was expecting plug and play but it really wasn't , you have to customize your bindings. Works pretty much with 99% of the games out there.

Games I played with it so far:
>DAS series
>Dragons dogma
>rocket league
>arkham series
>civ v
>total war series
>project cars
It's garbage for fps genre but why use it for an fps? Overall it's a great controller. The only con is that it's missing that feeling of weight that you get from the xbone controller
>>
Only die hard gaben worshipers fell for this gimmick
>>
>>339053047
>Uh, you can get a DS4 running in 3 minutes tops on PC.
Yeah, but they don't really have any support compared to Steam or 360 controllers.
>>
>>339051790
>Y X B A

They had the chance to expand their originality and they blew it.
>>
>>339053696
Exactly - why not Donkey, Goat, Chicken, and Cow for button pictures?
>>
>>339053696
>>339053835
Should have been Banana, Apple, Grape, and Watermelon 2bh fampai
>>
>>339053835
>Replacing an outdated format copied from a children's console with pictures from a children's toy.

Pretty much the same result, Anon.
>>
>>339051790
I use it fairly often, but its no good for FPS
>>
>>339054485
>but its no good for FPS
What about when you use the gyro?
>>
>>339054258
The gun says, "Moo", Anon.
>>
>>339051790
I try to use it sometimes but honestly most things I play just work better with KB+M

I get more use out of its "desktop mode" to watch netflix/anime/dvds from bed
>>
I use it more to control my comp and browse 4ch from a reclined position than for actually playing games. The only category where it edges out any of the other options available to me (KB/M, XBone, Hori Pad) is in third person shooters and when was the last time you played one of those?
>>
>>339051790
with the money you spend on this thing, xbone, a DS4, or even an elite, you could buy multiple 360 controllers that would last you a good 3-4 decades, if you treat them right.

$50 for one controller
-vs-
$60ish for 3x360 wired that are comfy as fuck and plug n play to literally every game on steam

sorry for the blog, but I'll never understand the reasoning behind paying $50+tax for a single controller, when a $22-24 dollar controller does it just as good, if not better.
>>
>>339055301
because you can't buy those other controllers with Gabeland Funbux
I wouldn't have bought a steam controller if I had to use real money
>>
>>339055301
It's 30 bucks if you buy Civ VI with it or if you bought XCOM 2 with it a while ago, and it tends to work really well with strategy games.
>>
>>339051790
Bought it and still use it. Only major complaint is that the touch pad on the right doesn't make a good substitute for a second joystick. It works okay in games that are good with a mouse, but isn't very good in twin stick shooters with controller support. I don't see why you'd want to use a controller in those, though (unless it's co-op in Enter the Gungeon or something like that where you have to use controllers).
>>
REVISION 2
>>
>>339051790
I returned mine when I realised that I would be spending an hour with each game fiddling with the settings making the controller feel right
>>
>>339057992
>open overlay
>controller config
>community configs
>remaining 58 minutes: ???
>>
>>339051790
I use it a fair bit

right now mostly for dustforce and im playin through lightning returns

aint too bad
>>
>>339053546
that's why you get a 360 controller emulator like DS4Windows
>>
>>339051790
>controllers are cancer only used by console kiddies, kb+m is superior in every conceivable situation, in any game
>Steam controller launches
>BASED VALVE FINALLY A SUPERIOR PC PRODUCT FOR THE SUPERIOR PLATFORM
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.