[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know it's heresy but I don't really like to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1450994006301.jpg (18 KB, 364x400) Image search: [Google]
1450994006301.jpg
18 KB, 364x400
I know it's heresy but I don't really like to play that many old games. There's an obvious lack of quality on a technical level due to the primitive technology. Yeah sure, there's no doubt that NES and Genesis are very influential but in my opinion, their games don't hold up. The people that tend to praise the games from the 80s-90s are usually either pretending to be infatuated with them to give off the look that they're true gamers or just take influence into account when it comes to game design. I personally like to take an objective approach to game criticism and not take into account influence and other subjective variables
>>
>>339042283
damn daniel! sorry but had to say it lol XD

check this 5
>>
Great blog post but this isn't tumblr.

A game that's good stays good forever. Anybody who disagrees is playing with a closed mind, and doesn't deserve an argument. Just pity.
>>
File: afdum.png (58 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
afdum.png
58 KB, 200x200
When does Adam finally make a video game review? His LA Noire segment on the Unfriended YMS was fucking glorious.

Well, at least Adum Plaze is getting better and better.
>>
>>339042283
>>339042553
Adam, get back to reviewing movies.
Don't talk about vidya.
>>
>>339042283
Why are you posting on /v/ Adam?
>>
>>339042283
That is true. About 1995-2008 was the golden age of videojuegos.
>>
>>339042283
I'm still waiting for that 2014 list.
>>
>>339042283
>I personally like to take an objective approach to game criticism
translation: i am a retard hack
>>
>>339042283

This guy had the best review about inside out ever
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>339042283
except technology hardly added anything new in terms of gameplay

you still play the same shallow shooting gallery games, your avarage rpgs aren't nearly as depthful as the older ones.

Very few games actually make use of the new technology in gameplay level and not just offer the exactly same/shallower gameplay just with a more realistic look.

just admit it that you require shiny realistic graphics to enjoy a game and move on
>>
>>339045449
Along with being shinier, it became easier to move from point A to point B

Basic movement is fucking huge in games
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.