[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth it if you didn't really get into Witcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
Is this game worth it if you didn't really get into Witcher 1 and 2?

It's on sale right now.
>>
It's kinda like a casualised version. But it's just as story based as the other ones were.

So expect the pacing to be about 70/30 story, it's got a great open world though
>>
if you didnt get into 1 and 2 cause of the gameplay, then you might get into 3 since its more polished.
if you didnt get into 1 and 2 cause of the story, then dont bother
>>
>>339037634
My main problem was the combat, did they change anything about that?
>>
Don't bother, it's pretty much the same.
>>
If you like open world fantasy arpgs, it may be worth it if it's -50%.

The gameplay is generally good, especially exploration.

Combat is good for the first ~15 hours. Then it becomes repetitive and boring. On the other hand, you can finish most fights quickly or even avoid them.
>>
>>339037532
Your talking about the sale on gog right?, if so then buy them all there selling everything witcher for like 50, which is how much I got just 3 for. They're all great games, /v/ just nitpicks stupid shit because reddit likes it.
>>
No it's average open-world trash
>>
>>339038073
I was talking about Steam
>>
I'll be 100% honest here. I never played the first and the second, but i decided to give a chance, since everybody was saying good things about the game and because of the trailers, promotional materials and etc. I played the pirated version and got so, so in love that I bought the pc version from gog(the retail version). It came with the map, ost in cd, some adesives... Man i was fascinated with how much CDredprojeckt invested in this game. So I think if you have any doubts, play the pirate one and if you think its worth it, buy it.
>>
>>339038149
Have you since played 1 and 2 to realize what you missed out on in terms of references? I'm sure 3 can be enjoyed as a standalone but it heavily refers back to the first two right?
>>
>>339037668
It's better, but still janky as fuck sometimes.
>>
>>339037532
You know how Witcher 2 combat was "spam roll to win"? Well I hope you enjoy "spam sidestep to win".
Also enjoy your pretty forest with fuck all to do besides go to randomised, copy-pasted "points of interest" (usually a bandit camp with 3 people and a chest with shit loot) and atrocious wild goose chase "story".
>>
try before you buy, friendo
>>
Play the second one at least you lazy shit.
>>
>>339039057
But the combat was kinda meh
>>
it's a well made game. like, a really well made game. but you can listen to contrarian memes and just skip it, I'd personally highly recommend trying it.
>>
>>339039604
Do you think it would be much less than 50% off in the summer sale?
>>
>>339037532
sheathing swords on one's back triggers me

i uninstalled when i saw the ingame animation geralt sticks his sword in the general direction of the sheathe and it noclipped into place
>>
>>339037814

i noticed that
combat in White Orchard was more difficult
but then in Velen you're starting to skill up and turning into a wrecking ball that smashes through shit, unless it was a Skull or Skull?? instagib-tier

I actually don't like the predefined levels. I ran into one spot with some shit +10 level on me, for no particular reason. I realize CDRed didn't use levelscaling because TESbabbies cried so hard about how the game daring to challenge their full-daedric level 100 godmage, but they should've because Geralt was killed in the books by a farmhand peasant stabbing him in the back with a pitchfork COME ON.
>>
>>339039803

get it now, a huge expansion is coming next week and so far it's been getting top scores
>>
>>339040550
if you ran signs build you could kill almost anything because igni burn dot does a % of the target's health
>>
>>339037668
let me guess, you like dark souls combat and praise it.
Top kek
>>
>>339041205
It's faulty but I do enjoy it more than Witcher's, yeah.
>>
>>339037532
Nope.
>>
File: 20160521195517_1.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160521195517_1.jpg
677 KB, 1920x1080
Bought it during the sale. Really enjoyed it. I find the combat tolerable but can still see why someone wouldn't like it.

But traveling around in this game is really great.
>>
Best, most detailed and feels giving game ever created.

Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Q6EqKnKPk

Or go to youtube ,pick any sidequest and watch walkthrough of it.

Dark Souls rollover fanboys, shittiest combat system ever cry over it because they dont like if game isnt about pointless smashing all around
>>
File: W3 Combat.webm (492 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
W3 Combat.webm
492 KB, 640x360
>>339041237
>>339037532
>>339038314
Dont bother with /v opinions. they play jap games and fap to hentai.

Just use hard dificulty so you need to use something more than sword to kill enemies.
>>
>>339039803
Probably not. The current deal's probably the same it'll be during the summer sale.

Which is still a pretty good deal, with the expansion pass you're looking at easily over 100 hours of playtime on just the initial playthrough. Using what I spend on base game and HoS + the assumed length of B&W
>>
Couldn't finish witcher 1 due to the shit combat system. Haven't even tried 2.
>>
>>339041535
You know, one thing I don't get about the complaint against W3 combat is how people said it's like BamHam system.
>>
>>339041535
>they play jap games and fap to hentai.

So they are based?
>>
>>339041535
To be fair, TW3's combat isn't great.
It's definitely better than either of the first two, and it really shines against large groups of enemies, but holy shit one-on-one fights are stupidly easy.
>>
No.
Play 1 and 2 or if you absolutely can't stomach 1 (aka you are a casual rpg player) play at least 2.
>>
>>339038297
eh, 2 is referenced sometimes in 3 and 1 is barely mentioned.
>>
Man, all these DLC hairstyles look terrible.
>>
I couldn't stand playing the first one for even half an hour. The rock paper scissors combat system just seemed silly. Never gone back to the series since
>>
>>339037532
it's worth playing through once
the combat is still shit, but the other stuff make up for it
>>
>>339038149
I'm going to be straight here. I am a cuckold, but I am also a white nationalist. I believe that whites have contributed more to humanity than any other race, space travel, anti—biotics the list goes on. But when it comes down to it, blacks are just better at fucking. Theres no shame in admitting this. There is no shame in admitting that despite the infinite intellectual and moral superiority of the white race, black cock is just better at pleasing women.
>>
>>339043405
they have just bigger dicks, because of race tiers
>gooks are smart with small dick
>whites are normies
>blacks are stupid and have better bodybuild overall

End of story
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.