[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone dislike how when you're starting NG+ your stats carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: logo_0.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
logo_0.png
2 MB, 1422x800
Anyone dislike how when you're starting NG+ your stats carry over? I just got finished doing a strength build and I'd rather try a skill/arcane build next instead of doing the same damn thing that I did last playthrough, if I tried something different this time I'd be incredibly underpowered compared to the enemies.
>>
So then start a new character?
>>
>>339031667
Wouldn't you be even more underpowered if your stats didn't carry over though?
>>
>>339031667
Unless you care about PvP (lol) then there's no reason not to keep leveling up, choose another stat and level it up as you go,

Or just pick "New Game" from the main menu and do a build the proper way.
>>
>>339031667
Jesus just roll another character or respec your old before going to NG+. NG+ is the easiest it's ever been
>>
I think the solution to your problem is fairly simple.
>>
>>339031667
You would take a full hour to kill the NG+ Cleric Beast if you used a brand new character.
>>
>>339031667
Welcome to videogames faggot
>>
File: mad.jpg (100 KB, 872x640) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
100 KB, 872x640
>Grinding gems/chalices takes a considerable amount of time and investment
>No option to respec anywhere in the game
>>
File: deadlypremonition.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
deadlypremonition.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>ordered a PS4 yesterday with next day delivery
>after contemplation I rushed out to buy a game as I would have none on arrival and delivery would take longer than the console
>pondered in the game shop at the selection
>decided upon bloodborne as I knewI wanted to play something in the 'souls' series
>I'm now poor untill next payday and will nothing to do but play bloodborne

So, tips anyone? I have never played a souls game
>>
>>339034148
Beat first enemy or die trying
>>
>>339034148
I dunno, don't be shit, I have a mate who has never played a souls game before try to play this and he spent days on the cleric beast trying to win with no blood vials and only using charged R2 attacks, and he never bothered to dodge either just ran away from attacks
>>
>>339034148
it was may first and only souls game too. just keep trying and you will be obsessed with the hunt. also, this >>339034449
>>
>>339034449
Oh god
>>339034515
>>339034616
I've seen gameplay of souls and it looks like the combat is basically dodgeroll->poke and repeat while spamming flasks when needed.

But is that just melee?, doesnt ranged exist too? is shooting and running around a thing?
>>
>>339033008

How do u respec
>>
>>339034940
There are guns that can be used, but they have limited ammo, so you shouldn't use them for anything other than parrying and baiting enemies to take them out one by one.
>>
>>339034940
In the Souls games you have the options for more class diversity like ranged or heavy or speed or whatever, but Bloodborne is pretty much just melee and dodging, you can use the guns but on like >>339035128 said, you can't play with them exclusively.

Don't be intimidated by the the notorious difficulty of the souls games it's not that bad, you just have to not be retarded
>>
>>339033527
It'd be great if when you entered NG+ you were taken to the character creator menu and they let you remove levels and give you the blood echoes required to level up again to where you were. Of course to avoid losing them they should give them to you only when you first enter the hunter's dream after dying to the werewolf in the clinic.
>>
>>339034148
Player messages can sometimes ruin some surprises and these look exactly like the in-game lore messages. So if you don't like that, play offline.
>>
>>339036172
I wish they made in-game lore messages more noticeable. I sometimes miss some because they look too similar to the other dozen player notes in the game
>>
>>339032245
Allocating points over again as an option would be nice
>>
you can have more than 1 character, shitty troll
>>
>>339034449
It's doable and if you can do that you have a nice skill segway into the game and a feel for the controls
>>
I wish you could remake your character's appearance. No matter what I do, I feel like I can never make someone who doesn't look slightly retarded and ugly.

I guess it doesn't matter since most headwear seems to obscure your face. But I remember using the healing church sets for a while and there were times when my face got so dark from blood and grime it looked like I changed ethnicity.
>>
File: 1462305853721.jpg (698 KB, 1289x1407) Image search: [Google]
1462305853721.jpg
698 KB, 1289x1407
Who arcane here
>>
I wish I could beat martyr logarius or whatever the fuck his name is. Only fucking prick in the game that's given me trouble
>>
>>339038916
Parrying really helps from second phase onwards. Technically his first phase should work too, but I find he's way more likely to use exploding skulls than try to stab you.
>>
>>339039864
So I've been told. Apparently I just need to fucking "get gud" or something.

Was just double frustrating I think because everyone said bsb or the spider are the hardest fights and I steam rolled them.

Ugh. Was going to go to sleep. Guess I'll go die 20 more times to this prick
>>
>>339040024
I agree with you 100%. Bloodstarved Beast is really only an issue due to all the poison and Rom is useless. It's the fucking oneshot spiders that are the main problem, but you can literally run circles around Rom until you get a clear shot to R2 him with bolt paper equipped and fuck him up.

The only boss I've died to more than Logarious though is the Crow of Cainhurst.

Look man, I honestly just used the blood of the nun lady since it recovers HP and heals over time. You're almost guaranteed to get hit eventually during his Gates of Babylon infinite sword spam move in his third phase for example, so that blood vial was super useful for tanking the hits and fight on instead of having to retreat and heal.

I also recommend shoving visceral related runes onto yourself, really makes it easier.
>>
>>339038403
Here senpai
>>
>>339038403
My main issue with arcane is that it takes too long for the payoff, when I could just as easily shove points into STR and then use the kirkhammer, which is a weapon you get early in the game. Or even just keep using the hunter axe, which you can start with.
>>
>>339034148
Ok so its arrived, played for about 20 minutes now

I have no idea how to pause the game, Died to werewolf a few times now and I cant seem to use the weapons that I have, are they disabled untill I get to a checkpoint?

Do I just run past all these mobs to a certain point? what even....
>>
>>339041874
There is no pause. I'm 100% serious.

Weapons have durability, maybe they broke? There is a desk against a wall in the house at hunter's dream where you can repair/upgrade weapons, check it out.
>>
>>339041874
Also I think I've lost all my blood echoes, I have literally no idea what I'm doing lol
>>
>>339041973
The weapons dont seem to have lost any durability and are 150/150, when I select them in the inventory the 'use' is blanked out like I either cant use them or they are perhaps already equipped

Also just wasted all the blood vials I picked up after the third gate because I have no idea what the controls are. Gg wp
>>
>>339042042
You drop them when you die. They will either be around where you died or an enemy will have them. If you see anyone with weird blue glowing eyes, they have your blood echoes.

If you die while trying to get them back, you lose them forever.
>>
>>339035046
Sounds like he's talking about DaS3.
>>
>>339042185
1) You didn't read the controls? I'm sure Hunter's Dream has some tutorial stuff, for example.

2) You don't use weapons from your inventory like that, you use them from your equipment slots to equip them.

3) You really have no choice but to buy or grind more blood vials.
>>
>>339042219
Yeah I noticed that, but I didnt know if in this beginner room they would be given back to you or something. So yeah I lost them all.

Still havn't been able to kill anything as my weapons dont seem to exist
>>
>>339038403
I've got 50 arcane, now i have to get some good elemental gems for the Ludwig Holy Blade to actualy take some decent damage with it since i dont have the dlc and cant go full ayy lmao. Too bad i gotta go through these boring ass chalices.
>>
>>339042383
I read all the controls except that it didnt mention what X-triangle-square-circle were but all the others were explained

Ohhh, Okay I see what you mean now, I've now equiped them, derp

Yeah gg to my blood vials and echos
>>
>>339041874
>I cant seem to use the weapons that I have,

Did you equip them?

Under your inventory are 4 slots for left/right hand weapons, equip them from there.
>>
>>339041874
The UI isn't very intuitive, to equip a weapon you just hit Start and then go to one of the empty boxes.
>>
>>339042506
There are tons of Blood Vials in the first area since you don't start with many and they want to give you a stockpile, so just keep playing and you'll pick some up.
>>
>>339041874
oh, you are in for a ride
>>
>>339042640
This.

>options
>row of 4 empty boxes
>x
>assign weapon
>first two are melee next two slots are ranged/bloodtinge weapons
>handholding

Say thank you fag.
>>
>>339042870
>>339042740
>>339042740
>>339042665
>>339042640
>>339042506
Alright I've killed everything and I'm on my way, for a minute I really thought I had to kill all those mobs without a weapon to progress
>>
>>339040024
I hate him you're not alone. I usually cave and end up summoning with that Turd
>>
>>339035383

no
>>
>>339043010
what weapon did you get?
>>
>>339038916
back stab him as he's going into phase 2.

Parry spam in phase 2.

Hit sword once when plunged into the ground to stop the blade storm.
>>
>>339043175
Cane/blunderbuss with lone survivor as it was reccomended by a friend.

To update you guys im now getting bukakked by about 8 outlaws, fighting groups this early seems a bit ridiculous
>>
>>339043275
Be careful about how many you aggro at once. Remember, you've got Pebbles and Molotovs.
>>
>>339043275
Wait hang on, I can transform my weapon in a whip thing?

heavybreathing.jpg
>>
>>339043275
>>339043387
Oh, and use the transformed mode of your cane when fighting groups.
>>
>>339043275
Ideally you'd pull them one or two at a time. Personally I found attacking walls sometimes attracts enemies, if you're close enough.

If you're a madman you'd run close to a group and then run away. Hopefully they'll be chasing you at different speeds so you can pick everyone off in ones or twos.
>>
>>339034449
If you have ballz of steel you can run to the first boss unarmed.
>>
>>339043275
axe is actually a better weapon for groups when extended.

The kirk hammer is actually the best crowd control weapon after you beat the first optional boss. Just do rolling unlocked R1s - they come out quick, you get Iframes, and it's an AOE attack with good range.
>>
>>339043093
Why, stop being a faggot, DS2 and 3 did this right, more so with 2 because 3 has lol 5 times only for some dumb reason.
>>
>>339043725
And they should let you quicksave and load too in case you screw something up. And there should be a pause button. And bring back life gems.
>>
>>339033008
Wrong game fool
>>
>>339033183
>NG+
>new character

Are you trolling me??
>>
>>339043419
Alright. I'm just going to give you the basics of the game and its controls.

Triangle is blood vials. These heal you.
Circle is your dodge button. Dodging uses up stamina, the green bar.

Square is your "use item" button. If you have items equipped in your hotbar (the bottom row of blank spaces for items if you click start) you can push square to use items.

X is your do things button. Talk to people, pick up stuff, open doors, etc.

R1 is your attack button
R2 is your strong attack button. This can be charged.
L1 is trick weapon form. This will activate your weapon's other function, which is usually transform into a stronger but slower form. Not all weapons transform though, so experiment.

L2 is your left hand weapon button. It will attack with whatever is in your left hand. If you are using a two handed right handed weapon though, it will be another attack/function for that weapon. Some transformations will make a one handed weapon become two handed, keep an eye on this.

You lose blood echoes when you die. This is your currency which you use to buy levels and items. You can go back to Hunter's Dream or even turn off the game after you die and your echoes will still be there. You only lose them if you die again.

In the hunter's dream you have the doll, the storage chest and the workshop. The last two are in the house, it's kinda easy to miss. Use the doll to level up and retrieve items from storage as necessary.

Blood vials and quicksilver bullets will automatically be taken from storage to refill your inventory stocks when you die or go to hunter's dream.

Fire arms aren't for killing enemies, they exist for drawing attention as well as parrying. If you shoot someone in the middle of an attack animation you can "stun" them. Going right up to them and clicking R1 will do a visceral attack, which is basically a critical hit that does massive damage.

Everything in this game will kill you in 3 hits, so be cautious.
>>
>>339043275
>outlaws

Thanks for this
>>
>>339044357
You use up stamina while attacking, which is necessary for dodging. Don't waste all your stamina on attacking, save some for rolling out of the way to avoid attacks.

When you get hit, part of your HP turns orange. If you hit someone, you will restore part of this orange HP. This is called rally.

These two things together means you want to be aggressive but not reckless. Back off when you need to ideally you should be attacking almost constantly.

To get good at this game you have to be able to read enemy moves. Know when they're about to attack so you can dodge and then hit them while they're recovering. It takes experience and practice but it's all doable.

Try to get some practice parrying enemies so you know how to do it, you can parry some bosses and it's VERY useful.
>>
>>339044357
Thanks, the visceral part confused me but I see now, you make them flinch/stun and then you can crit.

I'm still struggling at this alleyway where theres a shit ton of people, I've tried taking them one by one but eventually I agro too many and get one shot. I've also now ran out of molotovs and pebbles so im a bit screwed
>>
>>339045027
The issue is when there are people with the rifles. I can either try and run to the rifle man and die from the melee or attempt to kill the melee and die from the rifleman. The blunderbuss range is short so I have no hope of killing them from a distance. Although the tactic of agroing then luring them away is working I just need more patience.

The only last question I have is what does the hunters mark do?
>>
>>339045027
Run away if you aggro too many, and in a zigzag pattern in case one of them has a gun. Enemy hunters will chase you for miles but most enemies won't chase you too far.

You took the cane whip weapon, right? Try using the whip form, it's got a long reach. Good for keeping enemies away or hitting groups all at once. Try using the whip form with L2, for example.
>>
>>339045456
It's reusable, it brings you back to the lamp at any time, but leaves your echoes behind.
>>
>>339045456
Run towards riflemen in a zigzag pattern so they can't shoot you and shoot them first.

Sometimes the guys with wooden shields will drop a shield item. It goes into your left hand like guns do. Shields are almost worthless against melee attacks but they're great against bullets, so use one of them if you find one.

Hunters mark lets you respawn at the lamp you came from, but you will sacrifice your blood echoes. It's basically a suicide item, except if you use the hunters mark you can't recover your blood echoes.

Basically you only use it if you just came out to get a specific item and can't be arsed walking back home. It's more useful in late game, really.

There's an item called Bold Hunter's Mark while teleports you back BUT you get to keep your blood echoes. It's expensive though, like 1200 echoes?
>>
>>339045863
Sorry, don't shoot riflemen. No point. Just attack them first, is what I meant. You can see bullets coming and they reload each shot really slowly, so that's a good time to strike.
>>
>>339045863
>sometimes the guys with shields will drop a shield

Is this true? I have about 500 hours in the game and never witnessed this
>>
>>339046263
I got mine off the first shield guy you meet. The one past the dude who breaks the boxes past the first lamp. It was either him or the one from that group that passes the stairs, but I got it SUPER early on.

Here's the wiki article if you don't believe me.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Wooden+Shield
>>
>>339045027
For the big group around the fire go around the raised section to the left and drop down behind them. You should only be fighting 2 at a time then.

Also walking doesnt make as much noise as running, so its possible to sneak up behind some enemies, including rifle guys.

A charged R2 from behind will have the same effect as using the gun to stagger them, i.e a free "critical attack" if you can sneak up on them.
>>
>messages make the games too easy!
>this entire thread is backseat playing for some fag who didn't even bother to read the whole manual
>>
>>339047271
It came with a manual?
>>
>>339047596
Yeah, there's a digital manual.
>>
>>339046629
That's neat as fuck, I kinda wish the dudes in the chalices that have swords and shields would drop their shields
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.