[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the shitposters are busy with Overwatch, want to talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: maxresdefault.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Now that the shitposters are busy with Overwatch, want to talk about this game?

In my opinion, this is almost as good as Dark Souls 1, but it fails to solve the biggest problem in Souls games, which is how overpowered magic is. I'm talking strictly about PvE.

The whole game is made trivial and kind of boring when you can just back up and spam magic. Even the final boss, which I think is the strongest in the series, is made too easy with magic.

I think the game is really consistent, quality-wise though. The peaks were never as high as Dark Souls 1, but the valleys were never as low. All throughout the game, you have a consistent level of quality which is rarely mind-blowing but it's never less than great.

Also, this is not a huge thing but I think this game has the best music in the series.
>>
>>339031079
Magic fucking sucks family fuck u mean
>>
>>339031184
In PvE? How do you figure? Pyromancy and Sorcery are both really powerful. Especially against bosses. I've heard Miracles are underpowered but I haven't tried them yet.
>>
File: 1440691888386.jpg (26 KB, 192x171) Image search: [Google]
1440691888386.jpg
26 KB, 192x171
>>339031079
>this is almost as good as Dark Souls 1
>>
Massive disappointment, 90% of the weapons are just unusable. Rings are nearly useless. Can't upgrade armor.
>>
File: blank.jpg (9 KB, 211x367) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
9 KB, 211x367
>tfw just accidentally killed Irina when setting my controller down
I feel like crying
>>
>>339031316
You don't think so? Personally I think Dark Souls 1 is one of the best video games ever and it's my personal favorite, but it had huge, serious flaws, many of which have been ironed out.

Circling around and backstabbing isn't quite as easy/powerful a strategy as it was in the first one.

One half of the game isn't way worse than the other half, like in the first one.

There aren't any areas with serious framerate drops like Blighttown and The Depths (you might not count this since the PC version fixed it).

There is no Bed of Chaos.

The covenants are actually worth a damn.

Basically, Dark Souls III has a lot of what made Dark Souls 1 incredible, but doesn't have the same massive flaws. Like I said, it loses points for not being the first game with some of the features of Dark Souls 1 and its peaks are not as high as some incredible moments of Dark Souls 1, but I think Dark souls III stands up to 1.

>>339031456
If we're just talking PvE, I don't think that's accurate at all. I have seen some horrible players using horrible gear finish the game. I do wonder why they took away armor upgrading though. And the rings aren't outstanding or anything, but they also didn't stick out as being totally shit. I am disappointed at how the Knight Slayer's Right does literally nothing.
>>
File: 1442219599402.jpg (60 KB, 373x348) Image search: [Google]
1442219599402.jpg
60 KB, 373x348
>>339031079
It's definitely my favorite souls game, but i love them all for different reasons

but magic has always been the weakest aspect of the souls series
>>
>>339031316
Well at least the netcode is actually functional this time
>>
>>339031626
No it's not, it's just as awful as ever
>>
>>339031624
What don't you like about the magic in the series?
>>
My personal rank:
DaS > DaS2 > DaS3.

DaS3 was disappointing because it was a boring, lineal retread of DaS. It's not a bad game, but clearly From wasn't trying too hard.
>>
>>339031843
You've clearly never played DS 1 on PC
>>
>>339031079

>is made too easy with magic.
>sorcery is underpowered until you sacrifice at least 50 levels into int, and even then you have to sacrifice multiple ring slots
>some spells had to be patched because they were so weak, people thought they were just useful for pulling enemies(Farron Dart)
>even then, all spells pull from a single mana pool, so you have to whip out a sword unless you wait eons for simple weapons
>split damage is shit, unique weapons can't be infused
>pyromancy is surprisingly decent
>faith is the worst its ever been, although its never been that good outside of launch DS2 spears
>hexes are largely worthless

Magic is hardmode now since it means nothing but wasted levels until endgame. Your best option is to be a straightsword quality build until Anor Londo and just join Longfingers for a quick class swap.
>>
>>339031617
>covenants are worth a damn
Not really, sentinels and darkmoon do the same thing and aldrich and farron do the same shit in different areas. no reason to ever be a rosaria because its the same thing as just using a red eye orb. mound makers was the one new covenant that added something but there's no gravelording or champions or real pvp area
>>
>>339031882
I have though, ds3 netcode is still bad. It's not as bad but it's still pretty fucking awful
>>
I loved dark souls, I spent around 300 hours on that

Then 2 came out and I bought it, was severely disappointed. It didn't take many hours until I wanted it away.

This came out and I wasn't sure if I would buy it but now I wouldn't mind spending some money on it. I don't want to buy it full price though. Already did that mistake with 2.
>>
>>339032083
>only 300 hours
>>
>>339032137
Yeah. There are more games anon.
>>
Best track from each game:

Dark Souls 1 - Ornstein & Smouth
Dark Souls 2 - Majula
Dark Souls 3 - Main Menu

prove me wornf
>>
PICKLE PEE
PUMP A RUM
>>
>>339032206

Best for 2 is Gank Squad or Sinh.
>>
>>339031563
>not going to menus when you need to put the controller down.

This has been standard practice since the first fucking game, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>339032315
>using menus
I bet you use shields and parry too faggot
>>
>>339032206

>DS1 - Credits theme

Dark Souls 3 had terrible music in comparison to the other two. It actually ruins the game a bit for me.

There's just no music
>>
>>339031862
>DaS3 was disappointing because it was a boring, lineal retread of DaS. It's not a bad game, but clearly From wasn't trying too hard.
this is my only complaint as well. you barely have options on the order you do bosses. if you clear up to dragonslayer armor before you kill vordt the game is jus tlik e"nah go away you can't do princes"
so you get to do some optional bosses instead

teleporting out of shrine was fucking bullshit, too
there is literally nothing better in gaming for me than the moment i came up the stairs from new londo and was like "wait... I'm back in firelink!?"
(I started with skeleton key). I had been all the way down in the lava shits, like by firesage, and walked back out. shit was amazing.

>ds3
>just teleport everywhere lol
ruiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnned
>>
>>339032279
>>339032206
Ds2 - Old Dragonslayer
>>
>>339031079
I share the same opinion but I have to contest your claim about magic being op.

Personally, I don't use magic, but I've seen enough people complain about how useless magic is in the game so far as to even say that any magic build is not viable.

Mind clarifying why you think magic is op?
>>
I liked Bloodborne the most but I have a great love for Dark Souls.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough and I enjoyed 3 but I feel like it kinda suffers from having to be a numbered sequel. Like, I dunno if this actually happened but it feels like they put in warping from the start simply because DS2 started with it, for example, even though DS3's world is actually allowing for multiple paths and there's clear shortcuts in the game world's design. If you look at the way that Farron Keep actually hooks back up to the Undead Settlement, or how the Cathedral of the Deep is located near the raised bridge as well, I think at once point they probably planned to link them together with elevators and stuff. Additionally Carthus connects to the Lake but the Smouldering Lake geographically goes under Irithyll, and there's a noticable bit where you can peer out at the bridge between Irithyll and the Dungeon, suggesting they were supposed to link. Hell, Profaned Capital is nearby too. And it's clear they had non-linear levels as part of the plan since you can unlock the entire last chunk of the game early by beating the Dancer as the first boss.

There's lots of little issues everyone has but the biggest thing for me is the world design. I really love all the locations and stuff in DS3 and each individual place has some really great layout and shortcut integration (cathedral of the deep is so fucking rewarding to explore the first time through, so few chokepoints), but the warping and the lack of intra-locational shortcuts I think impacts it.
>>
>>339031079
Don't use magic then?
>>
>>339032426
That's how I feel about 2. Majula is literally the only track I like on that whole soundtrack. Also FYI credits theme is called Nameless Song.

Also how do you figure 3 had terrible music? Main Menu, Soul of Cinder, Abyss Watchers, Lorian, etc. dont do anything for you?
>>
The balance and availability of options seems really fucked up. It makes replays a pain in the ass because the game's so incredibly linear that I can't enjoy my new build until much later.

The things they did to equip load and defense are terrible too. For some reason every armor gives the same raw defensive bonus, and going without wearing some armor on a part of your body will drop your total defense no matter what. That's really annoying when I don't want to wear a shitty helmet or hat and would rather make up for it with heavier armor elsewhere. And heavy armor's nearly worthless too given how little a difference it makes in damage. Equip load also doesn't influence stamina regeneration either.
>>
>>339031184
Magic doesn't suck. It's OP as shit at high levels but a difficult start, just as it's always been.

It's definitely not overpowered, but you can 2-3 shot NG+ bosses with a hyper mode/buffed build.
>>
What killed DaS3 to me was the fucking lore. It doesn't make an ounce of sense for it to occur after DaS2, which already happened a fuckton of time after DaS1, and yet have DaS1 characters still prancing about, with a recurring area and a lore that not only didn't evolve a single bit after the second game, but actually devolved back into the first game.

It was a sham of a fanfic-tier game lore-wise, while the gameplay is the same as ever (except no poise + overpowered roll), the bosses might have even more dudes in armor than DaS2, and few of the areas really stand out as truly interesting.
>>
>>339032627

DS2 was the fanfic shit game.
>>
File: 46456145614561.gif (2 MB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
46456145614561.gif
2 MB, 240x192
>>339031079
>Overpowered magic

I'm sure there's a STR poster behind this, fucking crybabys
>>
>>339031908
>sacrifice ring slots
literally does not matter at all given that 90% of the rings in the game buff magic in some way, and the rest are shit
>>
>>339032627
time is convoluted
>>
File: dragons dogma maelstrom.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
dragons dogma maelstrom.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>339031859
it's mostly the same and boring

it's a lot of projectiles that are really uninspired

i want traps, summons, and barricades
>>
>>339032515
>they put in warping from the start simply because DS2 started with it, for example, even though DS3's world is actually allowing for multiple paths and there's clear shortcuts in the game world's design

I'm pretty sure even ds2 actually has more pathing options and shortcuts

They put in teleporting from the start because they couldn't be arsed to build an intricate "world map" and also to make it easier.
>>
>>339032667

lol
>>
>>339031862
I agree with this. DS3 is nice, mechanics are better and some areas are stunning.

But it feels like miyazaki dug into the previous game's files and made this game in a weekend. It feels rushed, uninspired and the theme is very repetitive.

I tought I would be amazed seeing the DS1 areas and seeing what happened to them. But everytime it was just "Huh, so this is X from DS1. Neat.". Except for the first area and irithyl view from right outside the catacombs nothing dropped my jaw. And I feel it's largely due to the repetitive boring theme and color pallete, much more in the veins of BB.

And characters were disappointing, too. New characters were not really that interesting. The only characters that I found interesting were the "fanservice" ones. Which is a whole load of bullocks.

Bosses were visually diverse, interesting and intimidating. Animations were also much better so the boss fights, visually, were definetely good. But gameplay wise they were really boring, easy and most felt incomplete and/or rushed. Had the B team came up with these bosses they would be shitted on to no end.

If people didn't know miyazaki was behind this game, it would be considered bad imo.
>>
>>339032818
I personally prefer the bonfire teleporting system used by DaS2 and DaS3 to having to walk everywhere.
Having to walk if you want to visit the blacksmiths or the vendors is tedious as hell. I will never understand /v/'s love of that.

>>339032967
I'm pretty sure that Bloodborne is what Miyazaki wanted to do after DaS. DaS2 and 3 were just sequels ordered by corporate.
>>
>>339032550

2 I agree is pretty bad too, just the menu and then Majula is pretty iconic

>Soul of Cinder even comparing to Gwyn's final fight music
abyss watchers didn't really do anything for me

>DS3 menu theme
meh its okay

I think the game just lacked that one really iconic track in the end
>>
File: dark souls maps.jpg (58 KB, 1024x553) Image search: [Google]
dark souls maps.jpg
58 KB, 1024x553
>>339032818
>I'm pretty sure even ds2 actually has more pathing options and shortcuts
>>
>>339031079
>which is how overpowered magic is. I'm talking strictly about PvE.
Nigga what
I have 2 characters, one full strength/vita with fume ultra greatsword and a medium armor, and one in light armor with dex weapons and magic. Let me tell you : I steamroll everything with the first and have a way harder time with the second.
I tested all types of magic with my mage character and here what I found: dark magic is shit, sorcery is shit (got a up recently and became viable, but not OP), faith is shit, only pyromancy is completely OP brainless mode (thanks to great chaos fire orb mainly).
So you're full of bullshit, magic is way less potent than in other dark souls. Melee weapons are better in most situations this time around.
>>
>>339033078
Agree with you on that. But I'm disappointed honestly. If they weren't so lazy this game could've been so good. I like the combat and they certainly have talent for level design but it's sad to see them not use it and throw out a game like this.

I really appreciate the B team and DS2 after this game.
>>
>>339032206
Sinh for days.

0:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owwj-o9iKMk
>>
>>339032667
Welp, there's not even a point in discussing such a shit opinion.
>>
>>339033078
Having to walk if you want to visit the blacksmiths or the vendors is tedious as hell.

Ye, I agree. It does make you a bit more "into" the world though. DS1 had neat balancing on that: walk until you get the Lordvessel then you can teleport.

DS3 should allow walking to every location and use consumables to teleport, then you'd find a "Lordvessel" about mid-way that allows for infinite teleporting.

>>339033292
Still gives you more of a choice on where to go after you reach your hub than 3 does somehow.
>>
>>339031184
> a difficult start, just as it's always been.
Looks like this buttbaby cancer didn't play Demon's Souls.
>>
>>339033292
>pick a lot of dead-ends
>draw them as branching paths

Welp. DaS1 is accurate, and so is 2, but the guy was obviously trying to make 3 look better.
>>
File: dark souls maps 2.jpg (47 KB, 1024x550) Image search: [Google]
dark souls maps 2.jpg
47 KB, 1024x550
>>339033512

I've heard people say the DS1 actually isn't accurate.
>>
>>339032803
>all that wind up for barely one bar of health
holy shit, magic is terrible in Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>339031079
I always saw Magic as a way for people who couldn't get gud to progress and enjoy the game, like playing on medium instead of hard.
>>
>>339031079
DS3 is much better than DS1.

Actually, DS1 is the worst of the whole bunch, it is purely a meme.

>You can skip literally half of the content, which isn't even that much
>There is a 100% useless stat that doesn't go into ANY build
>Only two covenants work (Dark Wraiths and Sunbros) while the others either do nothing on default or were supposed to do something but fail to
>Worst soundtrack of the series in general, it is all Motoi Sakuraba and his copy pasted chorus thingy, at least Gwyn and O&S had good tracks
>Some of the worst designed areas of the whole franchise, like the Demon Ruins and the Crystal Caves
>Poise is ridiculously broken and not stacking it means gimping yourself
>Magic practically two shoots every boss, something that doesn't happen in DS3 at all, fuck you OP stop lying, magic takes heavy stat investment to do half of what it did on DS1's PvE, the only Souls games where magic was even more overpowered was Demon's Souls, DS3's magic is the "weakest" there is

And lets not forget that DS1 gave birth to this retarded fanbase that worships the game because of it's memes, "atmosphere", while ignoring all of the obvious flaws this half finished game had.
>>
>>339031626
It's worse.
>>
>>339033705
>>Only two covenants work (Dark Wraiths and Sunbros) while the others either do nothing on default or were supposed to do something but fail to
what?
the only covenant that I could see as people saying didn't work was Grave Lords.
How were the others not working?
>>
What actually works as an invader besides big strength weapons? It feels like everything else that pecks away at people is too easy to get interrupted by others and then they just heal up and it repeats. That, and with those big strength weapons, you can't have people parry fish too, which is a guaranteed one hit kill to anyone who gets hit by it.
>>
>>339033551
The heck is slashy souls?
And is Bloodborne really that interconnected? I'm more interested in playing it if that's the case.

I just said 1 is accurate because the game is famously, amazingly interconnected. I have no idea how accurate the paths actually are. Quite possible that the guy just drew some lines outta his ass.
>>
PvP is the best so far in my opinion.
>>
>>339033909
This is the worst opinion or best bait in this thread, I can't tell
>>
>>339033864
>And is Bloodborne really that interconnected?
the images shown are not accurate to the games.

There are plenty of areas that can go to several other ones, but it isn't like that.
>>
>>339033909
No way. If DaS2 undisputedly did something best, it was the PvP. 3 was a major step back (no poise, roll roll roll)
>>
File: Bloodborne-Map.jpg (266 KB, 987x1152) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-Map.jpg
266 KB, 987x1152
>>339033864

Bloodborne is less interconnected than 1 for sure, but most of Yharnam is interlinked. It's like how at the end of DS1 most of the Lord areas are dead ends, Bloodborne's Nightmare areas are also dead ends.

But yeah a good chunk of it is shortcut-connected, including a really good one that links a distant area with the starting area.
>>
File: Dks3-progress_map[1].jpg (664 KB, 1374x934) Image search: [Google]
Dks3-progress_map[1].jpg
664 KB, 1374x934
>>339033292

I'm more upset at the blatantly shitty attempt at making DS3's world seem more branching than it really is than the oversimplification of DS2s admittedly shitty world.
>>
>>339033801
>Way of the White does nothing
>Princess of Sunlight does nothing
>Chaos servants does nothing
>Gravelord servants doesn't work
>Blade of Darkmoon rarely does

Oh and then there are the forest bros, which I forgot about, because it was a shit covenant built around ganking.
>>
>>339034119
This game looks like the sequel that the souls series truly deserved. A shame that I don't own a PS4 and it's never ever status on PC.
>>
>>339034068
Yeah sure was fun trying to stay on a lower level with the agape ring. Thank you Soul Memory.
>>
>>339034221
It does though, granted its for a very singular purpose
Maybe not anymore because the online is dead but it worked fine

I honestly forget about way of the white and princess guard because they're just useless and terrible covenants
>>
>>339034335
It's not.
>>
>>339034391
SM was shit but the pvp had poise, weapon balance and build variety, way more than 3 does.
DaS2 did A LOT of wrong things but it did a few good ones
>>
>>339033957
It's an opinion of someone who actually does pvp and is having more fun with it than the other Dark Souls games (granted I was more of a shitter in the first DS)
>>
>>339031079

>The series as a trilogy

>The Empire Strikes Back
Dark Souls 1 -- Under appreciated at the time, flawed but amazingly well executed as an experience. Iconic bosses, tragic story told as if you were piecing it together from ancient ruins and text

>Star Wars
Dark Souls 2, some good moments, some bad moments that could've been done better. Rode the media's dick pretty hard with "muh dragons etc". I cared a little bit about Lucatiel, not much though. Majula indescribably beautiful

>Return of the Jedi
Dark Souls 3. Probably won't age that well. Most of the effort is just an engine upgrade. Disappointing bosses and cheap fan service for the most part. Characters don't evoke much personality or twists like Solaire, Shalquoir, Vengarl, Navlaan etc. I think most of what sold it is hype that we actually got a DS3.

DS2 gets a bit more shit than it deserves desu, going back to it there's some really solid stuff there. It just gassed a bit towards the end is all
>>
>>339034335

I consider it the true third game, flaws aside it feels like it has its own identity alongside Dark and Demon's.
>>
>>339034221
>Way of the white does nothing
increases your range connectivity in online play, has the side effect of reducing invasions since you're placed in a different online bracket.
>Princess Guard does nothing
Does the same thing as Way of the White, plus allows you to gain unique miracles.
Allows access to secret areas, required for a "good" end to an NPC's quest. It's the only covenant that opnly has a use in PvE.
>Gravelord servants doesn't work
already mentioned. the way of the gravelords eludes everyone.
worked perfectly fine back in 2011 when people were sinning up a storm.
>>
>>339032552
>Equip load also doesn't influence stamina regeneration either.
It does past 30% and 70%, but it's considered not significant.

>>339033849
I don't know which strength weapons you're talking about, but the great club is absolute garbage for invading. Its range is shit, it doesn't stunlock enemies long enough for two hits, and it's awful for chasing the host when they run. The longsword on the other hand is a great weapon for invading because its phantom range will often land hits on enemies that are roll spamming.
>>
>>339034335
Despite what people say, don't think of it or play it like a souls game. It has similar mechanics but they play pretty differently.
>>
>>339034545
watching people play bloodborne like a souls game is terrible. they completely miss the point of why the game was made.
>>
>>339034335

It's better off as a spinoff. If they fucked up anything in Bloodborne, it was that there were still too many similarities with Souls games.
>>
>>339034506
>not calling it A New Hope
triggered
>>
>>339034152
The worst thing is, even that image is somewhat misleading, because a lot of those branches it's showing earlier are things that are locked off until later really.

>>339034540
I don't think those influence stamina regeneration. Under 30% you have a slightly further roll, over 70% you have a fat roll, but the stamina itself is unchanged.
>>
>>339034412
Chaos servant didnt need to be a covenant at all. For the same reason giving Loyce knight souls to Alsanna isn't a covenant.
>>
>>339034482
It had more weapon balance because everything sucked ass due to those horrible hitboxes.

But SM alone makes it the worst by far and a extra mile.

Also I don't give a rats ass about poise. You can still be a tanky motherfucker with a great shield and heavy armor poise or not poise. Stop complaining.
>>
File: buff souls.jpg (638 KB, 1820x1308) Image search: [Google]
buff souls.jpg
638 KB, 1820x1308
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Dark Souls 1 had the best art style and direction?

What do you want to see in Dead Souls/Dark Souls 4/Demon Souls 2?

>More usable weapons
>More meme weapons
>Toggle HUD with hotkey
>Time Attack Boss Rush Mode with high scores
>Make poise work again
>Power Stance added back
>Coliseum for pvp
>Way of the Blue is 1 covenant
>Cross platform play
>Invade upwards
>Can be invaded while hollow/unburnt/soul form
>Can summon while hollow/unburned/soul form
>Can summon/invade from NG+(+)[+]
>Less warping and more linearity like Dark Souls with multiple paths still
>Change the leveling up system to add less SL based on which stat you add (Adding +1 Attunement from 10 to 11 should cost less SL than adding +1 Faith from 39 to 40, Ragnarok Style of adding stat points)

Also, does anyone feel that Dark Souls 2 did a good job at the start breaking linearity by letting you choose to go between the Forest of Fallen Giants and Heide's Tower of Flame!?
>>
>>339034704
>pvping with a greatshield
Worst kind of person, no wonder you're defending DS3 pvp. You use an estoc with that shit too?
>>
>>339034685
>The worst thing is, even that image is somewhat misleading, because a lot of those branches it's showing earlier are things that are locked off until later really.

Only the Abyss Watchers. That's the one chokepoint in the game, really.
>>
>>339034780
I don't PvP with a great shield. From what I see only fight club hosts tend to do that.

I'm actually using a faith build
>>
>>339034665
>the original Star Wars has been released in theaters five times.
>three of those times it was Star Wars.
>people think "A New Hope" is it's name.
>>
>>339034537
Oh Yeah, the failed to invade covenant worked just fine.

I forgot we were supposed to ignore even the most obvious DS1 flash.
>>
File: 1464318230192.jpg (1 MB, 1436x1968) Image search: [Google]
1464318230192.jpg
1 MB, 1436x1968
>>339034335
Dude.
>>
File: 1440692143869.png (192 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1440692143869.png
192 KB, 1000x800
>>339034950
>>
>>339034861
I'm talking about pvp, I dont give a shit about what you use in pve.
>>
>>339034950

t. Gunther Barbosa
>>
I feel like it kinda flubbed the atmosphere and exploration that the first game and BB did very well, so I was a little let down by that, but I still enjoyed it. Curious to see what's on From's horizon now that they're stepping away from Souls for awhile.
>>
>>339034712
>best art style and direction

As much as I love DS, that's Bloodborne baby.

lovecraft > dark fantasy
>>
>>339034537
>people completely forget the dragon covenant
pretty funny desu
>>
>>339035147
he didn't list it, which I guess means he thought it worked fine.
>>
>>339034648
Honestly, I wish Bloodborne had been to Souls what Shadow Tower Abyss was to King's Field. That's what I was expecting going into it because of how they presented the game initially, showing off guns and flamethrowers as if they weren't gimmick jokes. Instead it felt way too much like slightly faster Souls with less options, more i-frames on roll, and enemies that staggered easier.

>>339034815
Kiln's not available until endgame, Grand Archives is locked for no reason until the other 3 lords are killed, Ithyril is locked until Cathedral's finished.

Plus, Consumed King's Garden, Untended Graves, and Profaned Capital are so small that it feels weird to name them as specific areas compared to the rest.
>>
>>339035025
I'm talking about PvP too.
>>
File: 1463141243405.jpg (94 KB, 1023x709) Image search: [Google]
1463141243405.jpg
94 KB, 1023x709
>those people on steam that have over 4,000 games and 20 gorillion steam levels
>they have no games with over 150 hrs played

Whats the point of these people? They dont even enjoy games
>>
>>339035315

So basically the same as DS1 then.

Kiln = Kiln, Grand Archive = locked away Lord areas, Irithyll = Anor Londo
>>
>>339034950
One can dream, I guess.
>>
>>339035472
only for locked areas. One of the things that was cool about DS1 was that you could go through areas backwards if you were madman enough to find how.
>>
>>339035448
Achievements were a mistake.

The mark of an achievement should be an in-game reward like an item, not an achievement to be collected and parroted on a profile.

I like how /v is all "hah normiebook am I right?" and then there is a constant steam profile thread at all times.
>>
I using a faith/str build and using only miricals. I have 35 faith and 27 strength, and im kicking ass with a Heavy Saints Bident +8, lightning blade, great lightning spear, and dorhys gnaw + med heal. Faith doesnt seem underpowered or useless to me at all, its helped me immensly in all stages of the game
>>
>playthrough 1
>holyshit this is great
>playthrough 2
>neat didnt know about this
>playthrough 3
>why the fuck did they make the questlines so obscure? and whats up with the lack of build variety, only physical damage builds are viable
>playthrough 4
>one final ending
>playthrough 5
>dropped

the game died after 4 playthroughs, i dont see a single reason to play it anymore.
>>
>>339035448
~1400 games level 100+ over here
I do play games and I'm a complete cheevos whore to boot

>>339035694
Perfecting games is the perfect gaming hobby, man.
>>
>>339035841
are you a neet or just underage
>>
>>339035819
>I only completed the game four times, it's shit

I don't get this statement.
>>
File: 1439002738416.png (221 KB, 530x299) Image search: [Google]
1439002738416.png
221 KB, 530x299
>>339035819
I wouldn't exactly complain about a game that got 4 playthroughs out of you.
>>
>>339035819
>only physical damage builds are viable
>>
>>339031079

Dark Souls 1 had better areas, atmosphere and pacing in the first half, but this has much better bosses (best of the entire series as far as vanilla content goes) and it's much more consistent all around, with no drop in quality halfway through the game.
>>
>>339035909
>it's shit
where did i say that?
>>
>>339035819

Obviously you don't finish playthrough 5 and wait for the DLC to hit.
>>
>>339035819
pvp and invasions are fun even if the pvp is unbalanced.

>>339035909
thats not what he said
>>
>>339035721
I use a Lightning Red Halbert +10 because it scales better with faith (A)

You can't buff it but most of the time I can't buff my secondary weapon during a match anyway. My main weapon is the Anri sword. Does a shitton of damage after being buffed.
>>
>>339035974
>Obviously you don't finish playthrough 5
yes, thats what i said.
>>
File: ayyy.png (565 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
565 KB, 600x630
>>339031079
>almost as good as Dark Souls 1
>>
>>339035929
I think it's a good complaint when every other game in the series got more from you. It's not a bad game, just a tad less replayable. Not OP btw
>>
>>339035819
So wait.
Hold on.
Let me get this right.

You did everything you wanted to do in a game, and then stopped playing?

Holy fucking shit, how Goddamn mind blowing.
>>
>>339035472
Dark Souls gave you so many more options though. From the get-go, everyone has the chance to go to Undead Burg, New Londo, or the Catacombs. If you had a master key or went halfway through New Londo, you could also go to the Valley of the Drakes, which let you go to either Blighttown, Darkroot Garden (including Sif's forest), Undead Burg, or the Undead Chapel.
>>
>>339035975
>pvp and invasions are fun even if the pvp is unbalanced.

Hell no. It's roll roll roll and an estus and gank fest right now. Even proper duels are some boring shit with people spaming parries or going for boring combos because no poise.
>>
>>339036147
yes, and the point is that there isnt that much to do or try in that game.
dark souls 2 offers way more and the dlc there is gold, it also makes up for the mediocre main game
>>
>>339036246
>a game that has three expansions has more to do than a game that does not

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.
>>
>>339036179

Oh I'm not denying DS1 had more choice. DS3 is clearly more linear. But I think it's much less of a contrast in the endgame.
>>
>>339036283
so you agree that dark souls 2 > dark souls 3
>>
>>339036234
>it's roll roll roll
Be aggressive then?

I can punish rollers with my dinky Arin Sword for fuck sake
>>
>>339036234
it still has its merits at times. you pretty much need a weapon you cant parry to counter the parry spammers though. poise not working as gets annoying with twinsword/rapier/and straight sword shitters
>>
>>339036283
A sequel should improve on the previous installment.

When it has less content, build variety and low replayability, then it did something wrong.
>>
>>339035938
I agree with this. The bosses are great, but I do like DaS1 more.
>>
>>339036454

It will be improved...in three DLC's time.
>>
>>339036394
I use an Avelyn and sometimes works pretty well.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00247.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00247.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>Covenants have little meaning lore-wise, and no punishment for switching
>NG+ modes do not add new enemies
>NG+ modes only add random corpses for +rings
>No cool down in invasions, maked it annoying to get invaded constantly
>Adding slabs as final upgrade for weapons and gear that uses twinkling or titanite scales
>No actual dark areas where torches are essential
>Poise
I think these are my only complaints.
>>
>>339036535
I like my firebombs, works against people going for sips in invasions and works as a good finisher or something to stagger people in duels
>>
>>339036512
>i-its only beta!
>th-they'll patch it!
>>
>>339036454
>a sequel should improve ont he previous installment.
I'd certainly say that the BASE game of Dark Souls 3 has improved on the BASE game of Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>339036604

It worked for Bloodborne.
>>
>>339036309
I think the endgame contrasts it even more, though. Dark Souls 1 built up to you having the ability to teleport, and then you go completely different corners of the world to fight all of the major characters lined up in the opening. You've got choices on where to go there, and they can be a pretty decent gauntlet of areas if you didn't challenge difficult areas very early on.

With 3, you kill Abyss Watchers early on, Aldrich and Yhorm are a stone's throw away from each other from a branch that's practically 1 area deep, then you can go to a final area and fight a character they completely left out of the opening, and finally fight a final boss that's a non-character that doesn't really make any sense given you didn't see that happen in 1 when you went to the fire.
>>
File: dem stabs.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
dem stabs.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>339036343
I've found that it's better to get your opponent into a specific way of thinking, and then punishing them for sticking with it.
>>
>>339036726
>I'd certainly say that the BASE game of Dark Souls 3 has improved on the BASE game of Dark Souls 2.

In some aspects maybe, but in gameplay department they ditched a lot of things.

Like working poise, stamina regen is affected by armor weight, stamina usage increasing with each roll etc.
>>
>>339036936
>didn't see that happen in 1 when you went to the fire.
I'm not defending the SoC but that obviously didn't see any soul of sort because Gwyn was still chilling there.
>>
>>339033571
Magic is extremely overpowered in Dragon's Dogma, some bosses in Dark Arisen can only be defeated doing that (Elder Ogres comes to mind).

Not sure what is going on in that clip but the Griffin seems to be mostly evading and the mage may be underleveled, or maybe it's just natural resistence like Dragon's have with fire.

Casting that in everfall is almost always a sure way to take half the overall health of most bosses.
>>
>>339036597
Firebombs are too slow imho

Throwing knifes are better
>>
>>339037241
changing how poise worked is a good thing, stamina regen is still affected by armor, and you should strive for consistency in your players actions.
>>
>>339037349
>some bosses in Dark Arisen can only be defeated doing that (Elder Ogres comes to mind).
How do you mean? I can kill elder ogres with melee, and no sorcerer pawn, just fine.
>>
They confirmed they will only release one DLC for 3. Fuck.
>>
>>339036234
>host whiffs an obvious attack
>I hit him with a undead charm
>laugh my way to the Mounds when he tries to drink
>>
As someone who only plays through these games once since I see very little point in magic or archery runs as long as they remain as boring and bland as they are, I'd have to say 3 was probably the best for me. Obviously since DaS1 was the first I played it holds a special place in my heart, the fact alone that it took me fucking 90 hours to beat tells a lot. It's a bit unfair comparison since a lot of the awe-factor just will never be there again no matter what they do, had I started with 3 I'm sure 1 would've felt pretty shitty with its unfinished second half. They literally can't come up with anything that'll make me shit my pants like some bosses did in Das1 simply because I'm so much better at the games and my general attitude is different because of it

I don't mind linearity either since I don't replay the games, it makes no difference whether I go ABC or ACB; I'll do all of it anyway and they lead to the same place so it's whatever

DaS3 offered a lot more challenging bossfights and I liked the levels more aesthetically than the ones in Dark Souls 2. Also they felt A LOT more connected than the ones in DaS2, sometimes DaS2 felt more like a dream world or a fantasy land than an actual world (take a random elevator and end up in a castle, there's a huge dragon world in the sky via another elevator, not much made sense in general). Though I would've preferred if you couldn't port between bonfires in either of the games

2 also had adaptability which was pants on head retarded in my opinion

Story and lore has been pure bullcrap ever after DaS1, in both 2 and 3

3>1>2
>>
>>339037502
Well if its like Bloodbornes or DS1 its fine. Cant really remember how long the DLC in DS2, but I fucking loved that shit.
>>
>>339037502
any info I've found about it talks about "first one" this fall.

do you have a source, anon?
>>
>>339037502
If this is true I'm laughing at the people who bought the seasons pass. Unless this dlc is over $30
>>
>>339037349
Too bad magic is boring to play as compared to other classes
>>
>>339037464
I played hard mode with a sorc and a ranger, and the elder ogres would wreck my shit instantly if I went melee. 1 hit kills, 2 at most. I only finished hard mode because I went with a sorc (the base game is quite possible with any class, but Dark Arisen is bullshit tier)
>>
File: 2016-02-19_00003.jpg (602 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-19_00003.jpg
602 KB, 1920x1080
>>339037709
>be a magic knight
>get the benefits of magical damage, with all the action of melee

I fucking loved that class.
>>
>>339037790
>hard mode
Okay, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I have never done hard mode but I've heard a bit about it.
>>
>>339037502
"Expand your DARK SOULSâ„¢ III experience with the Season Pass and gain access to 2 epic DLC packs at a discounted price. "

That's the description for the season pass on steam
>>
>>339033705
Holy fuck you're an idiot. Sure, pretty much all that you mentioned here is applicable, but you completely ignored the lore of Das 1. It's light years ahead of all the other Souls' games and that's really one of the most important aspects of the entire game. That's also what makes it far more memorable and meaningful.

Sif, Artorias, Gwyn, O&S, Nito, all of them have amazing stories to them that make the battles with them way more memorable and actually mean something to the player.
>>
>>339037502
You have a source for that, anon?
>>
>>339034152
I wasn't so much bothered because the individual areas are way more interesting then what DS2 offers.

Sure, I would have loved an even more fleshed out DS1 style world for 3, but I'm still cool with what we got.
>>
>>339031970
Not only this but some covenants actually did things in singleplayer... like the skip through lost izalith in Fair Lady covenant.
>>
>>339037958
>lore is one of the most important aspects of the game.

Go away Vaati.
>>
>>339037958
>lore is one of the most important things in dark souls
STOP
>>
>>339037958
>lore
>that important

fuck off nerd. Your made up story is irrelevant
>>
>>339032708
Even so they go to benefit other stats and increase i frames, etc. whilst mages have to give that all up just to deal comparable DPS.

And stat allocation and forced rings make it pretty much forced glass canon.
>>
>>339038058
>>339038161
>>339038232
>playing the souls' games based on gameplay alone

Typical drones. Even Miyazaki has stated time after time the games are meant to be immersive in more regards than just gameplay. Go play Dark Souls 2 faggots.
>>
>>339038287
>playing games for gameplay
Yeah who fucking does that
>>
>>339031908
Basically this.
>>
I am a faggot please rape my face.
>>
>>339031079
Magic is only easier against very specific enemy encounters where you can (sort of) snipe and kill before taking on a group. Which is fair because mages suck at close range anyways. This has been true in any game with magic.

That said, bows on melee builds can totally substitute this quality making them still better in every way. Magic damage is shit even with the patch which has proven to no even buff magic in the slightest from 1.05 to 1.06 despite being told as such.
>>
>>339038337
Gameplay is just one aspect that makes up the experience of a video game. If you can't acknowledge this you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>339038287
>>playing the souls' games based on gameplay alone
None of those posts implyed that.
>playing the souls' games based on the lore alone
laffable
>>
>>339038505
Story/lore in video games is one of the least important aspects. If you can't acknowledge this you're a fucking retard
>>
>>339038287
>implying DaS2 lore isn't god tier

A war with giants, an once powerful but now decadent king who abandoned his throne due to a treacherous queen, the rise and fall of numerous kingdoms, the brides of dark, The experiments to go beyond the undead curse, shown in aldia's keep and the bastyle. Memorable characters like Shanalotte, Lucathiel and Benhart. The singing milfanito ladies.

Shit, DaS2 had an incredibly deep and rich lore. DaS3 pales in comparison.
>>
>>339031079
While I think that DS3 is really good, after playing about 90 hours of pvp and seeing 2 endings, I feel that it's a bit light on end game content. After seeing everything and beating everything twice, I am now waiting for the DLC and I'm gonna start playing something else very soon.
No complains, 90 hrs is ok for the price, but I wish NG+++++ had more replayability and variety
>>
>>339038287
I don't mean to intrude, but are you actually clinically retarded?
>>
>>339031563
I've always put my back to a character when chatting. Just in case my controller wigs out, like it does sometimes.
>>
File: 2016-05-27-2144-40.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-27-2144-40.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Great game.
>>
>>339038674
>bastyle
>>
>>339031079
I have so much trouble with games like these.
I guess it's because I don't fall in line with the whole male power fantasy thing, which most games are geared towards. You know, being a murderous drone with no real identity beyond your killcount. That sort of thing. I just can't do it. And that's a shame, because often I will enjoy the lore and the world.
Put me in front of wildlife or even a dragon and ask me to kill it, though, and I'll feel sadness. I can't help myself. All I see are other creatures trying to survive, and the levels of Freudian in killing a dragon do me in. I mean, it's almost like a rebellious youth thing, isn't it? The dragon is a representation of a person with power, authority, wisdom, intellect, and knowledge -- it's literally an avatar of what it means to be an elder.
>>
>>339033705
>You can skip literally half of the content, which isn't even that much
This is a bad thing? Who thought replayability via choices was bad?

There's actually more content than DaS3
And despite DaS3 having some bosses better than any in the series it also has some of the worst, which is inexcusable because unlike the rest, this game has the smallest host of bosses in the bunch.

Not really that big of a deal, but okay.

>Only two covenants work (Dark Wraiths and Sunbros) while the others either do nothing on default or were supposed to do something but fail to
And over half of DaS3 covenants do nothing relevant and can be completely ignored while you forget the best covenant chaos servant which actually plays into the single player game by activating a skip... something that no covenant has done to actually change the gameplay this significantly since.

>Worst soundtrack of the series in general, it is all Motoi Sakuraba and his copy pasted chorus thingy, at least Gwyn and O&S had good tracks

..continued next post...
>>
>>339039129
I did feel like I had typed that wrong.
>>
>>339039084
>can't even punish the rolls at the start
>>
>>339036806
And for Dark Souls 1 & 2
>>
>>339033705
>>339039176

DaS3 soundtrack isn't any better. It's mostly reused O&S teir shit anyways. "Epic" isn't always better. DaS1 had much more variety in it's tracks than any DaS3. Only good variants are Oceiros and the final boss theme which is still borderline O&S "muh epic" if it didn't have the remix track of Gwyn's theme in it... which is pretty sad.

>Some of the worst designed areas of the whole franchise, like the Demon Ruins and the Crystal Caves

And yet DaS3 also shares some of the worst... with less areas overall pathetically. Profaned Capitol anyone? And lets not forget that DaS2 has the worst by far.

>Poise is ridiculously broken and not stacking it means gimping yourself

And now it's the other way around... not to mention there was much more build variety in DaS1 than anything in DaS3 and higher skill ceiling (Toggle escape, dead angling, etc.) if you even played PVP in DaS1, which based on this comment you obviously didn't.

>Magic practically two shoots every boss, something that doesn't happen in DS3 at all, fuck you OP stop lying, magic takes heavy stat investment to do half of what it did on DS1's PvE, the only Souls games where magic was even more overpowered was Demon's Souls, DS3's magic is the "weakest" there is

This is a VAST over exaggeration. It's easier for sure, but It's true that DaS3 needs buffs on Miracles and Magic.
>>
File: 1455517880262.png (252 KB, 480x436) Image search: [Google]
1455517880262.png
252 KB, 480x436
>>339039084
>uses global matchmaking
>complains about latency

lmao
>>
>>339039163
what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>339039176
>something that no covenant has done to actually change the gameplay this significantly since.

Uh the cov that let you fight darklurker?
>>
>>339033705
>>339039176
>>339039236

Oh hey, what's that, luck?
>>
>>339039163
This. If only you could talk to these creatures, then perhaps you could try and make friends with them, form alliances... Now that would be interesting. Instead we get garbage power trips that men use to express the dominance and masculinity.
>>
>>339039084
this is literally 90% of souls PvP experiences

beats me why people don't just torrent these games
>>
>>339031316
its way better than ds1 but i enjoyed ds1's interconnected world design more
>>
>>339033705
No one has forgotten it's flaws, it's just the best game despite having them. We wanted a better game than DaS1 not just mechanically but world-wise and all DaS3 gave us was better level design... sometimes and rehashed everything else whilst still completely fucking up mechanics that worked fine in previous Souls games for no good reason.
>>
>>339039315
Luck is actually good in 3
It was more useless in DeS considering the only time you put points into it was for a BBS build
>>
>>339033312
I steamrolled through my first play through using a pure Dex build and dual-wielding the warden twinblades, while using medium armor and having a decent amount of stamina plus recovery with the grass crest shield and the cloranthy ring. For enemies I hadn't memorised patterns of, I'd just use the black bow and spam arrows while dodging.

Definitely much easier than full strength builds (unless you've got high endurance, vitality and endurance as well, which can bring you over level 120), and much quicker at dealing damage and recoiling from swings quick enough to dodge incoming attacks.
>>
>>339039308
I guess so, but that's not game changing really. That's not so different from just giving extra content.

It's the only way to access that content too not so different from being rewarded with cov items, weapons, and gear.
>>
I love Dark Souls 3, I actually like how you don't need to upgrade armor because you can just change it whenever you feel like. I get the point of upgrading weapons, it makes perfect sense but having to upgrade every piece of your armor? It always felt like a chore and restrict your options.

I also like how the effects of some rings don't reflect on your character, like you don't glow green if you have the chloranty ring, only if you use a temporary boost like green blossom, Makes your character more natural.
>>
>>339032206
>Dark Souls 3
betrayal and/or credits theme nigga
>>
>>339033312
You have to go pure mage. Im talking no dex just attunement and intel if you want to do any damage. But when you spec correctly and have the right items equipped, be prepared to 1 shot literally any enemy in the game that isnt a boss or a dragon.
>>
>>339037026
0/10 cosplay

Hodrick uses a flamberge
>>
>>339040552
Hodrick also doesn't wear the xanthous armor, eastern pants, and brass gauntlets.
>>
>>339039271
The option for cross region play only effects Japan. Having it on or off outside of Japan does nothing.
>>
File: Download.png (9 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
9 KB, 246x205
>>339039321
>>
>>339034335
It's a sister series that sits nicely along side the Souls games. I hope from now on they keep making new universes with each game.
>>
>>339039384
Its not the best game at all, fuck off.

DS3 is the best Dark Souls game and Bloodborne is the best Fromsoftware's ARPG game.

Demon's Souls didn't have poise either and yet is the third best game in the whole franchise.
>>
File: 131003957083.jpg (51 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
131003957083.jpg
51 KB, 768x768
>>339034506
>Shalquoir, Vengarl, Navlaan etc
>>
>>339039315
>>339039384
Would you look at that boys.

A tripfag who uses his trip for no reason at all, and also knows shit about the game he is talking about AND has shit opinions to add insult to the injury.

Luck is a perfectly viable stat for bleed builds you piece of shit, it does its job much better than a faith build in DS1 would.

And the way you use the word rehash shows that you have no idea of what the word means and just uses it whenever it suits your fancy.

We wanted a better game than DS1 and we got it, case closed.
>>
>>339041160
That's not a trip.
>>
>>339038058
Speaking of Vaati, where the hell did he go? I was waiting on his prepare to cry series for 3, but all he's done are tutorial and secret vids. Get to work, dammit.
>>
>>339041350
/vg/ stopped giving him stuff to steal
>>
>>339041031
>>339041031
Anri, Siegward and even Greyrat had more way development than those three characters put together, but its cool to talk shit about DS3 while using DS2 as an example of greatness, because DS2 isn't the newest game anymore.

Its funny because I spent more than a year defending DS2 in this board and getting shat on for it, and now that DS3 is out, it is suddenly A-OK to call DS2 a good game.
>>
>>339041226
Just noticed it, doesn't make his opinions any less shitty thought.
>>
>>339041226
Doesn't matter, this guy was giving Bloodborne shit in another thread, he is one of the "DS1 is the best game and the others don't compare" kind.

I like DS1 but Jesus you people are insufferable.
>>
>>339041731
>you people are insufferable.
this should be what /v/ stands for.
>>
>this is almost as good as Dark Souls 1
I almost though this on a first play trough. Pretty sure now that is not as good. Better than anything in 2 that's for sure.

>but it fails to solve the biggest problem in Souls games, which is how overpowered magic is. I'm talking strictly about PvE.
This has never been a problem. Magic is the ez mode build into the game, I don't see why people complain, honestly. I think this is actually a very strong point in favor of the games.

>The whole game is made trivial and kind of boring when you can just back up and spam magic. Even the final boss, which I think is the strongest in the series, is made too easy with magic.
You're saying this because you've already played the others in the series. Pretty sure a new player will not agree as much.

>The peaks were never as high as Dark Souls 1
Yes.
>but the valleys were never as low.
I don't agree that much, but I see what you mean. I'm one of those that loves TOTG and shit. DR sure is shit in both games, but in DaS1 it had lots of fucking potential IMO because the setting is quite interesting. It's the enemies and lore that let it down.

>Also, this is not a huge thing but I think this game has the best music in the series.
It's better than in 2, but it's still very behind DaS1 and MILES bellow DeS.

The thing I disliked the most was the huge amount of damage the bosses do to you. I also don't like how little hp most bosses have.
The thing I FUCKING HATE the most is the stupid combos they do that can 1hko you, specially the ones where they will hit you after you're down and have no way to dodge them because you're in the animation of getting up. This was never really an issue in DeS and DaS1, and it feels cheap as fuck in DaS3 (and 2).

For me:
DeS=DaS1>DaS3>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>339041438
He's got Fextralife and Reddit to steal from, if that's the case.
>>
>>339041953
And forgot PvP.

DaS1>>DeS>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS3>=DaS2.

I don't think we'll ever find quite the brilliant balance we had in DaS1.
>>
>>339031079
magic isn't overpowered, it's just unbalanced. You either hit like a wet noodle or MLG DROP THE BASS CANNON WUB WUB WUB 2000 DAMAGE, and there's no build up of power. It's useless until you collect all the stupid gear that magic is balanced around having and then you one shot things. And it isn't hard to kill bosses or easier or balanced difficulty, it's either braindead or literally impossible, depending on their movement patterns.
>>
>>339040965
Why don't you give some reasons then looser.
>>
>>339041953
If you press the dodge button when you're down, you end up quicker, rolling out of the way of a second hit. It works for most enemies and bosses except the last boss.
>>
>>339039163
>>339039321
you are idiots. They are trying to deliberately evoke the feeling that you're doing a bad thing, but you must in order to save the world. You aren't supposed to feel good about bringing down a truly ancient creature, if that were the case they wouldn't all pitifully cry as they collapsed and died. Making you kill sif was NOBODY'S power fantasy.
>>
>>339031079
magic suck unless you're level 70+
it takes a huge investment compared to melee where you can just pump health and still do high damage
sure you can cheese shit if you cast hidden body ever 10 seconds
>>
File: 1455796098410.jpg (14 KB, 301x307) Image search: [Google]
1455796098410.jpg
14 KB, 301x307
>>339042362
>slaughtering a world full of helpless creatures that were minding their own business ISN'T a power fantasy
>>
>>339042473
yeah everyone got a huge power trip from shadow of the colossus
>>
>>339039271
That matchmaking shit only switches between in and out of japan, matchmaking is always random
>>
>>339042518
Yes, and the fact that the only female character was a damsel for the male player character to rescue added to that.
>>
>>339042319
I know, but in my experience this has not been consistent at all. Sometimes no matter how many times I press the dodge button it still gets up slow. Dunno if it's a bug or not.
>>
>>339032206
Best ds3 is vordt's theme though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIX_-AMuAhY
>>
>>339032448
How do you feel about all the vendors being in one place? It's more convenient, but it also kills the feeling of running across the world for that purging stone or green titanite.
>>
I don't know, I think the twin princes, champion gundyr, nameless king and pontiff sulyvahn fights are far and away better fights than anything in dark souls 1.

They represented better "peaks" to me, especially the twin princes.

I like how they set up the levels to describe the events, smouldering lake has the carthus skeletons and giant ballista with the demons underneath and to the side, representing the war, the golden wing knights are perched on the other side of the bridge from lothric's last forces, and the winged knight in the high wall courtyard are covered in lothric knight spears and swords, the cathedral of the deep has the mangrubs and giants creating a liquid for the slimes of aldrich to feed on, and anor londo has the deacons placed throughout along with the slimes. Farrons Keep as the ghru's attacking the darkwraiths, which is actually really satisfying to see when you get back there later or on ng+, as you realise the ghru are ancient abyss watchers ready to fight the darkwraiths.

It feels to me that they put a ton of effort into both the level design from an exploratory standpoint, but also from a point to tell a story without writing, which is something the souls series, especially BB and DaS3 do well.
>>
There's reiterative, and there's ridiculous. Half the fucking weapons, armour, magic and miracles are just from DaS1. With minor nods to DeS and DaS2.

This shit is a fucking cash-in. Fucking shameful.
>>
>>339042691
Not him, but I think that it's better this way since you can warp from the start.
It only makes sense to have them scattered if you can't warp for a while, If not it would just be another loading screen on your way.
>>
>>339032484
Of all the niggers in this thread you are currently my niggest. No one ever acknowledges this one single good track from DS2
>>
>>339043109
Because the fight is over in like 8 seconds and it's hard to catch it.
>>
>>339032206
Pontiff Sulyvahn has the best track in DS3.

It's probably my favourite in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJSiaf9m55s
>>
>>339042643
In such cases, you could try mashing the roll button. It works fine for the most part if you press the button as soon as your face hits the ground though.

Maybe it's a controller response or FPS problem?
>>
>playing a female character from DeS to DaS2
>get the broadest shoulders in all the fucking land
>especially in DaS2, where female NPCs are reasonably proportioned

Did DaS3 at least fix this?
>>
File: bitch please.jpg (79 KB, 1024x553) Image search: [Google]
bitch please.jpg
79 KB, 1024x553
>>339033292
>>
>>339042473
Is this real life?

Who gives a fuck if its a power fantasy? Having power is fucking cool, and the dragons aren't real so go fuck yourself for basically being a creature rights activist in a fictional world.
>>
>>339043585
is this supposed to represent physical areas not connecting, or progression not connecting?
>>
>>
>>339031079
I've learned to accept that FROM can't make encounters balanced for ranged combat or great shields.

Those 2 options are essentially the 'easy' mode that casuals complained about the game not having, and it's best to think of them that way and not design flaws.
>>
It's pandering, rehashed shit.
It doesn't do anything innovative, new, or unique and is a dreadful chore to play.
Bloodborne was leagues better than this.
>>
>>339043517
Their shoulders are broad because it's required from the game's anatomical structure for armor (textures would overlap otherwise). It's the same deal with the Soul Calibur series, unfortunately.

Another explanation is that the women in those games actually trained in martial arts and handling all sorts of weapons, which does happen in real life too.
>>
>>339043979
So they didn't fix it.
>>
>>339043739
yeah bro, its so cool for us guys to prove our masculinity by just killing shit, ya'know just like just fukin uhhhhh KILLING SOME FUKIN SHIT like totally dude, not going to do ANY harm to society as a whole, its just a game bro xD
>>
>>339044018
Yep, they didn't fix it.
>>
File: 1404760656042.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1404760656042.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>339036580
>No actual dark areas where torches are essential
I usually just blast down my brightness so i can actually make use of the torch, makes some parts really atmospheric.
But i agree, base brightness is awful.
>>
>>339031079
Really? I found magic underwhelming in this game, unless you use pyromancy. You need a dedicated sorcerer to make magic viable, and you get rekt in PvP for that.
>>
File: fuck.gif (260 KB, 512x251) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
260 KB, 512x251
>>339037861
>4 good skills
>>
>>339043824
why is laurence not anywhere in the bloodborne collumn? why is he even in the top worst list?
>>
>finish Dark Souls 3 twice
>time to replay Dark Souls 1 for the first time since 2 came out.
>its shit

You cant really appreciate all the little things they have done to the game man. Can't do it anymore and I have nearly 400 hours in DS1, shits too robotic now
>>
>>339044392
>shits too robotic

you're reffering to the lock on rolling mainly

the lock to 4 directions instead of 8 goes a long way to make dark souls 1 feel very stiff over everything else
>>
>>339044382
He is an awful boss fight, mainly thanks to the PS4 being shit.
All his attacks will make your Framerate dip, the camera is your worst enemy, he is just a Cleric Beast on fire and his phase 2 is shit.
>>
>>339044243
Irithyll dungeon, Farron Keep and the Untended Graves are great for torches with decent brightness and contrast. Those screams and the lighting of the soldering iron and lanterns from the jailers as they noticed me genuinely freaked me the fuck out.
>>
I think it's the best in the series.
Still, it's a quite good series, I can't force myself to hate 2 even with all the things I don't like about it.
I could go on and make a wall of text listing why 3 is the better one for me, but I think everybody should just take a deep breath, and thinking why they liked souls games in the first place.
For me it was simple, they filled a niche, something empty since castlevania went to shit, and expanded upon it. Yeah I liked the world design in 1, but let's be honest, everybody took the key as gift, after the first playthough.
It's not that different every time.
If you don't like 3, then just play the old ones, or even better, play something entirely different.
No point in saying things like "I played it 300 hours and I don't like it", you just appear like a burned neet.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.