[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman Blood Money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
Why is the Ai so dumb in this game compared to contracts?
>>
>>339018561

Because it came out a decade ago?
>>
>>339018616
But contracts is older than blodd money m8
>>
>>339018616
And contracts came out before it?
>>
The A.I. is about as smart, but Contracts was quicker to spot you.
>>
>>339018561
It's like this on purpose. The game is meant to be fun and accessible.

>>339018681
>>339018701
Try playing Hitman 2. You can't even run in that one without having all NPCs on the level shooting you.
>>
>>339018561
the ai in contracts was fucking retarded

>walk a LITTLE BIT TOO FAST
>SHOOT HIM HES AN ENEMY NOBODY RUNS EVER
>>
>>339018942
>everyone is chilling at their post
>guarding front of some rich assholes building
>bald guard with a barcode on his head that I have never seen before is madly rushing into the building in front of us
>We call him out wondering what he is in a rush for
>He ignores us and breaks into the house
Wait a minute he's not one of us, Attack!
>>
>>339018561
Blood Money? More like... Dud Money.
>>
>>339018942
I liked Contracts' AI. I feel like it was a good balance of it being suspicious but not pants on head retarded like Silent Assassin.
>>
>>339019145
the thing was that a large majority of the game you were wearing something that would cover your face or a part of your head, and they wouldnmt stop you and ask questions - theyd see you and start shooting.

at least in blood money they tell you to get the fuck off
>>
>>339018561
But Contracts is full of bullshit from the second game, just a tad behind the first one.
>>
>>339019342
This is one thing Absolution did well. You could provoke a guard a pretty good amount before he pulled a gun on you. And the dialogue of suspicious people was great.
>>
Which hitman do you think is the hardest?
>>
>>339021045
The first one, it's basically unplayable.
>>
>>339021045
Silent Assassin but not in a good way.
Contracts has the best challenge.
>>
>>339021045
>>
>>339021045
Codename 47 with the forced combat sections.
>>
File: 1450829883646.png (153 KB, 401x505) Image search: [Google]
1450829883646.png
153 KB, 401x505
>>339018561
>playing Til Death Do Us Part
>usually rampage the mission since it's just a shitty version A Vintage Year/A New Life
>decide to genuinely give it a try
>get a little bit excited after seeing that guns and shooting was allowed
>enter into one of the dock houses and shoot the couple to get a disguise
>realize that the room is a perfect vantage point for sniping one of the targets
>pull out the silenced rifle and take aim
>eventually a clear shot appears and he's down
>pack up the rifle and toss it out the nearby window before anyone could see
>walk outside to start working on the next target
>detection bar goes red because it's one of the missions where the crowd is omnipotent about the situation

And yet you can fire and toss mines into the crowd during Murder of the Crows without remotely trying to conceal yourself and no one gives a shit. The AI in Blood Money wouldn't be too bad if it was at least consistent instead of varying levels of jank per missoin. At least it turned out that Til Death can be completed in a matter of seconds due to just needing to weaponize a cake and stand next to a bin that's behind just one guard that leaves periodically.
>>
>>339019145
>Guards know 47 is coming to kill their boss
>Have some some guards on isolated patrols on their own
>See some random bald guard with a barcode tattoo on the back of his head with non-regulated arms wandering around the base
>"Hey uh..."
>He pulls his cap down to cover his face
>"Never mind, thought you were someone else."

Good ol' Absolution
>>
>>339023332
>get disguise from drunk
>poison cake
>wait by stairs
>push old guy down 1 feet which instakills him
>retrieve suit
>no witnesses
>Silent Assassin
Such an easy mission
>>
>>339023519
Sometimes people just want to be left alone
>>
>>339023332
Murder of the Crows crowd is fake. they won't end up on your stats or even react to you.
>>
>>339023332
Murder of Crows doesn't use actualy NPCs though. Only those that show on your map are real. The crowd is completely separate system that doesn't do much and is there just for visuals.
>>
How is forcing you to walk, never running or else you cover gets immediately blown and you get shot to shit better exactly?
>>
>>339018561
Contracts: most areas are hostile
Blood Money: most areas are civilian

The AI in BM allows for trespassing by mistake. In Contracts, being detected means you're dead.
>>
>>339024749
I thought it was cool, Just walk and act natural
>>
New Hitman map is out on the 31st for the surprisingly good new game, anyone here hype?
>>
>>339021045
Hardest: Contracts
Easiest: Blood Money
>>
If I only played Blood Money and thought its fucking awesome, should I play the first three?
I tried Absolution btw, it was fucking shit, didn't even finish it.
>>
>>339028684
>excepted the new Hitman to suck
>it was surprisingly good
>expected the new Doom to suck
>expected Total Warhammer to suck
I wonder if all the games I expect to be good will actually be abominations to even this out.
>>
>>339029208
>should I play the first three?
yes, though expect them to be tougher, and feel a bit dated
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>tfw performing missions "the boring way"
>tfw getting a disguise, sneaking to target literally anywhere you're alone
>pulling out your SLP-S
>those two pew pew shots
>fire another shot into his head
>throw the gun over a railing
>leaving the scene immediately

realism
>>
>>339018616
kill yourself
>>
>>339028684
no.
You can't start a riot by the sounds of an article I read. The protesters apparently just cower and they all have American accents. God dammit all I wanted was Benghazi simulator 2016, was that too much to ask?
>>
10 fucking beautiful years today
>>
The whole "never run" thing was on Silent Assassin. It's as if none of you have ever played Contracts. You have to run back and forth in a soldiers face for like 10 seconds to get them to shoot you.

Also despite its flaws Silent Assassin is best game.
>>
>>339029487
Doing that shit to Francesca is the easiest thing because when she goes to mess with Silvio's private stuff her sole bodyguard turns his back on her to go look at a board and immediately behind Francesca there's a container to hide her body in as soon as you kill her. By the time her bodyguard turns around Francesca is gone and hidden and you're the only person there, he doesn't even notice the pool of blood either since its behind the desk.
>>
>>339029716
they don't notice blood full stop.
Nearly halfway through to release and the blood pools despawn and nobody notice.
Even the SA had that.
>>
GOTTA CHECK YOU WHITE BREAD
>>
>>339029874
They do notice the blood pools, but their reaction to one is simply getting a guard to go wipe it clean, no alerts or anything.
>>
>>339029487
Throwing a gun over a railing near a crime scene would not be the 47 way if doing things
>>
File: 1454419024106.png (117 KB, 508x512) Image search: [Google]
1454419024106.png
117 KB, 508x512
There was a guy on /v/ that posted some magnificent webms of Blood Money where he tricked the runner into being slammed by the FBI car and more shenanigans that made 47 look like Clouseau, it was damn impressive to watch.
>>
>>339029487
Can you even throw your weapons in the new Hitman? I know you can place them, but I can't throw them.
>>
>>339029668
>No one thought it was weird that Diana put 2 guns in 47's hands.
>>
>>339029208
Codename 47 is shit, arguably worse than Absolution, SA and Contracts are worth playing, so is the new Hitman, despite its episodic release.
>>
File: 1463749165990.jpg (139 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1463749165990.jpg
139 KB, 1600x900
>>339029668
>that fucking ending

thank you now i'm reinstalling it
>>
>New life
>start with no equipment, no pistol
>gather the sedative from the ladies house without getting seen
>become the clown
>sedative in woman's drink to get film
>sedative the panties to take out an upper floor guard and grab his pistol
>human shield and accident kill the second guard by tossing him over the rail
>accident kill the target in the same manner
>change to suit and throw the gun in the well and GTFO
Imagine the meeting the FBI had afterwards, the only possible witness was drunk who said it was a clown who is later found naked in a box, while their agent who was on site upstairs when it happened has to explain why he fainted.

That's why it's a 10/10 game
>>
>>339018561
Because it takes place in America.
>>
>>339031103
Absolute hell for anyone playing above normal
>>
Elusive Target today.
>>
>>339029208
>>339031064
BM > Contracts > SA > CN: 47

Abomination wasn't a Hitman game and the new one is incomplete so there is no sense in ranking them with the rest, although abomination is a more fun game than CN: 47 arguably.
>>
>Put on a disguise in Absolution that covers the bar code
>People still suspicious whenever I'm within 100 feet of them
>Apparently rubbing your head like you have the worst neck problems ever makes you inconspicuous
>>
>>339031718
that's nothing, try accidents only
>>
>>339031853
not hitman
>>
>>339031727
Really? I'll have missed both of them if that's the case. I wish they would come out with them more often, I want the BM suit.
>>
>>339031915

>HITMAN Absolution

?
?
?
>>
>>339032019
it should be up for 48 hours m8
>>
>>339032065
I'll still miss it.
>>
>>339030834
anyone have these webms?
>>
>IO Interactive thinks their Elusive Targets and Marrakesh will pull me away from Doom 2016

Maybe I'll play Marrakesh for an hour, but the game's soulless, sterile and restricted compared to the classic Hitman games.
>>
>>339033392
>soulless
eh. The voice acting is great but lacking the soul of the locations without accents, I will grant you that, but the locations are pretty charming and lively.
>sterile
??
>restricted
nonsense, it's more open than any other Hitman game, especially Sapienza.

It's easy I find to get burnout though by repeating levels since they take so long to release. It's better to play on the side of playing a nice large, complete game I find. I've been playing bits of it between playing the Witcher myself. Elusive should only take an hour or so, so I'll give a whirl later.
>>
File: desktop.jpg (207 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
desktop.jpg
207 KB, 1919x1080
>>339029487
>Agent 47
>throwing the gun over the railing
>implying he doesn't go home, disassemble it, pay to have it smuggled into Mumbai, encased in concrete and sunk in the bermuda triangle
>>
>>339033786
oh and Kyd missing does sap the soul out of it quite a bit as well. Although it's more of an issue in Sapienza, as Paris has nice music
>>
>>339033786
It's soulless as fuck. It doesn't have a distinctive feel like every other Hitman game had. It just has that 2010's AAA game atmosphere what with the terrible music and shit.

Sterile, well, this probably sounds dumb but I feel like the whole UI is just too generic and flat. Just white text and red backgrounds with silly little subtle sounds when you select stuff. Plus the ingame text looks generic as fuck. Again this is nitpicking to the highest degree, I know, but it's something that stands out to me from the other Hitman games. Just doesn't feel the same. Feels pretentious.

It's restricted because of the triggered opportunities BS. Sure you can play without opportunities but the game was clearly tailored around completing objectives as the damn game tells you to.
>>
>>339018561
Because they wanted it to be fun.
So they made the enemies far less aggressive, allowing the player more opportunity to fuck around.
>>
>>339033995
>newsfeed in the image
>obstacles to 'coding while black'
what
>>
>>339033995
>posting about videogames on this bangalore wig-making board
>>
>>339034131
The UI is clean and sharp if that's what you mean. I quite like that, just wish we had the old map interface with the zoom in noises back, current one isn't fit for purpose.
I usually have all that turned off though and if turn off opportunities you can still do them, you just have to discover them. There are plenty of other ways to do it, have you tried exploding the fire extinguishers?
Pretty amusing you can turn them into rockets
>>
>>339032060
See
>>339031756
>>
>>339034175
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-35938633

This reminds me of that one image of a black guy complaining how tech is intentionally complicated so that blacks won't be able to use it.
>>
File: Hitmanbloodmoneyscr1.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Hitmanbloodmoneyscr1.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1024
The AI is fine, if it was any "smarter" the game would be a pain to play, like how you'd get an entire death squad on your ass in Hitman 2 if you used the sprint button while anywhere near a guard.

All in all Blood Money is the pinnacle of the series and it's such a shame we never got a true expansion pack and instead had to endure the abortion that was Absolution.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.