[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Dark-Souls-3-1.jpg (134 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-1.jpg
134 KB, 1200x650
What went wrong?
>>
nothing. the game is great like every other soul. it is just too easy
>>
File: policenauts_jonathan_gif.gif (114 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
policenauts_jonathan_gif.gif
114 KB, 500x250
>>338940834
>the game is great
>like any other souls game
>>
>>338940664
It has no identity of it's own, it's basically Pandering: The Game. Especially the story is just god awful, it's a straight up retread of DaS 1 with none of the mystery and purpose.
Gameplay wise it's pretty good though.
>>
>>338940664
They were out of ideas and just copy pasted half the stuff from old games. Bosses were shit. Areas were shit. Weapons were shit. I've only myself to blame for buying it, as I knew exactly what to expect. We had a good run, but it's time this series be put to rest.
>>
>>338940664
Everything stunlocks you to death because no poise. It's made worse by the shitty level design and the fact half the both fights have several other enemies to watch out for.
>>
>>338941503
>both fights
I meant boss fights.
And now that i think about it it wasn't really half but still a good chunk.
>>
Who started this bullshit rumor about the knights in Anor Londo dropping Proof of a Concord? 3 hours and not a single one.
>>
>>338941503
>Everything stunlocks you to death
"stunlock" only lasts for, literally, two attacks, after that you can roll out of anything
>>
>>338941787
I got 10 from them in ~3 hours.
Respecced to Luck (76), Gold Serpent Ring, Crystal Sage's Rapier and Coins.
>>
>>338941937
Yeah, did all that already. Still yet to see a single one. But I've got 50 fucking sets of armor.
>>
>>338942295
It sucks dick though, a typical example of From's incompetence.
I haven't been summoned once as a Blue, even when I spent a whole NG run embered and in Sentinels/Blades.
Invading/getting summoned for PvP or coop works instantly though.
>>
Not much except for creative bankruptcy. It's a good game that once again showed that Souls sequels are a mistake.
>>
>>338940664
we grew old and we got gud
>>
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 1000x1500
Poise
>>
Direct sequel. They should really only make spiritual sequels.

but it is better designed than 2 and better executed than 1.
Out of the bamco souls it is my favorite.
>>
>>338942545
Yeah, I invaded easily as an Aldrich, but have yet to be summoned as a Darkmoon. I'm in the same area, same level, and still can't get summoned. I don't know why they didn't just include a merchant for this shit like SotFS had.
>>
>>338940664
Honestly apart from the title music and Lothric High Wall & Castle, and Undead Settlement, what was good? I've beaten the game 8 times, maybe I'm burnt out? But no, I've played DaS1 and BB since and still enjoy them.
>>
File: pimp_my_brum.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
pimp_my_brum.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>338940834
Kinda, but not in general. There are few design choices I don't like at all, like too many bonfires and small locations. Plus, NG+ doesn't give nothing but a few rings and covenants feel a huge step back compared to DaS2.
>>
>>338940664

fan service over originality
>>
>too much fanservice
>no poise
>retarded lore
>shit cover art
>muh leveling up waifu
>gameplay is a step back from BB
>short
>boring areas
>easy and stupid final boss
>>
>>338940664

Rushed.

Badly polished.

B Team.

Fucked up lore

No poise

Tries to be Soulsborne.

Shit map connectivity

Linearity

Not many original weapons / armor sets
>>
Fanservice is a meme complaint. It is a sequel.
How else would they make a fucking sequel?

I was apparently the only guy who liked seeing gwyn's firstborn. Everybody else was whining "wuaaaahh fanservice"
>>
>>338940664
Nothing, it is the best in the series.
You are just tired of the same game redone to death, which is quite normal.
>>
>>338943248
>its the newest, therefore its the best
>>
>>338943305
I never said that.
Also before 3, 1 was firmly my favourite.
>>
>>338942941
holy shit that webm put my sides on orb
>>
>>338942941
>Plus, NG+ doesn't give nothing but a few rings and covenants feel a huge step back compared to DaS2.
I don't understand why people like the idea of moving shit to NG+.

If anything it made the initial playthrough of DaS2 worse that all the shit wasn't in the first playthrough.

God I hate armchair game designers on /v/ so fucking much.
>>
>>338943382
We hate you too.
>>
Not enough variety which leads to lack of replayability.

I've dumped at least 300+ hours into every single souls game so far, but this one I've only done about 80. Most weapons play very much the same, magic is absolutely awful.

As far as PvP goes, I don't mind the fact that invasions are gank spanks, but what does piss me off is how little stamina rolls take. This leads to many fights that are just people running away from one another and it doesn't feel like there's enough ways to punish people.
>>
You playing the game.
>>
I don't mind that poise is gone, I just don't like that fact that it's in the game files but it's turned off.
>>
>>338943247

Gwyn's Firstborn was a very good addition, considering the lore in DS1 and this whole fucked up family, but DUUUDE Siegmayer is here, DUUUUDE Lucatiel's set is here, DUUUUDE CARLA DUDE, she's litteraly the witch from Demon's Souls, but don't tell anyone, because everybody still has a big stiffy over the tower of Latria and the female fat Ministers
>>
>>338943639
>I've dumped at least 300+ hours into every single souls game so far
weird.

I got over 500 on das3 and bb but couldn't put 200 into das2.

Seriously I think people need to stop arguing that variety is the only thing that is responsible for replayability.

To me quality is way more important. I take a similar playthrough over a more different one if the game quality is better.
>>
>>338940664
Profaned capital felt rushed and Yhorm fight was boring as fuck. Wish both the area and the boss were better. It was rushed with cut content like his armor.
>>
>>338943850
You can't just say you like this fanservice and you don't like the other.

If fanservice is the problem then NK is also a problem.
Also Gundyr.
Honestly the entirety of das1 is also really a retread of demon's.

Fuck all souls games I guess.
Fanservice REEEEEEEE
>>
>>338943382
>I don't understand why people like the idea of moving shit to NG+.
I'm not fond of NG+ runs, but if you decide to put it in the game, make sure you change enemy placement or incentivize players by shuffle some papers (more spongy enemies aside).
>>
>>338940664
>Pyro, miracles and sorceries are useless.
>linear game, instead of branching paths from a hub like DS2
>>
>>338940664
Oh where to begin:

>Need to Farm armor sets and weapons from enemies
>Incomplete sets (SK armor but no weapons), (Dragonslayer Weapon/Shield but no armor, the boss not Ornstien)
>Incomplete bosses (Aldrich, Yhorm, Final Boss)
>Incomplete Areas (Profaned Capital, Kiln, Anor Londo (wtf happened to painted world building))
>Irythill Dungeon and Demon Ruins are literally Chalice Dungeons assets from BB
>Speaking of reused assests, more referenced older armors and weapons from previous games than new original ones
>Enemies ripped straight out of BB (workers and Sulyvahn's beasts)
>Disappointing and Trash Boss Weapons
>Disappointing Bosses (most are way too easy, have low health, or a stupid hit weakspot gimmick)
>Aldrich hyped up only to be revealed with no cutscene in fight that comprises of a half-finished turd that clips through the floor.
>Worse lore than DaS2
>Limited Slabs
>Twinkling/Titanite weapons requiring slabs
>Half the covenants don't function properly
>poise does fuck all
>heavy weapons and armor penalized
>straight swords OP
>fucking rainbow of phantoms instead of a subtle light like BB, or "soul aura" like in DeS
>PvP is trash, invaders fucked from every side
>more rehashed characters than original ones
>way too many references
>Season Pass bullshit
>clearly made to be a quick cashgrab
>>
They stopped caring or the creative wellspring dried up. After playing DS3, I never want to play another souls game again.

I'll play the DLC but that's only because I bought the stupid season pass.
>>
>>338943974
You do understand that costs money and time which is more money.
Its wasted budget that would be well better spend on NG.

If there ever is a perfect souls game then I am with you that they should vary the NG+.
But the truth is that NG+ just isn't balanced at all compared to NG. So anything exclusive to it will just be worse than it could be.
>>
>>338944007
almost forgot
>big / slow weapons are useless, because enemies are paced around Bloodborne, and attack and recover too fast
>few A/S scaling weapons
>>
>>338943934
Second half of all Souls games feels rushed. It's like they want to create this atmospheric world but halfway through they're like "Shit we need to finish this before the deadline" and just jam shit in to complete it
>>
>>338944080
The creative wellspring dried up with das1. That was just a retread of demon's.
>>
>>338940891
It is
I still like the orignals more though (DMS,DS,BB)
>>
It was way too much of the same shit.

It got tedious this time. They needed to change it up a little. Not BB change-up, just work with the formula. This is a fine Souls game, but it's so fucking soulless compared to even the damn 2. It feels like a product.
>>
>>338943970

only blatant fan service is the problem,

advancing the lore to a certain point is in my opinion ok, but not recycling old concepts so obvious.

On a side note; the description of the Old King was also way too much.
>>
>>338944203
DeS and BB both felt complete. BB even had several secret bosses, not including dungeons.
>>
>>338944323
How much did das1 recycle shit?

I am sorry if das3 was too far then das1 was also too far.
>>
>>338943243
>B Team.
I thought this was A Team.
>>
>people want poise
Did you guys never play ds1, it was a shit mechanic and broke all balance.
>>
Ditching Power Stance for selected dual wield weapons.
>>
>>338944363

B team and Miyazaki popped up from time to time.

A team was Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Miyazaki probably just wanted to move on from Dark Souls and put all his soul and effort into Bloodborne, and they made Dark Souls 3 as a cash in on the souls franchise.
>>
>>338944407
DaS1 babies are literal cancer.

Hyper armor is so much better I can't believe people want the less interactive handholding back.
>>
>>338940664
Too many retards joined the fanbase.
>>
>>338944360

Demon's Souls best Souls
>>
>>338944639
That happened back in DS1.
>>
>>338944360
What DaS introduced
>Estus
>Poise
>limited Magic
>Lightning Spells
>Pyromancy (excluding combustion, firestorm, fireballs)
>Covenants
>Connected world
>Completely new sets and weapons, more original than reused assets (generics like longswords are a given)
>Brand new iconic bosses instead of throwbacks
>>
>>338940664
A bit short
Bloodborne-esque enemies while some weapons remain slow like past games
Lots of bad weapon balance, some weapons are usable though
>>>>DARK SWORD
Sorceries being completely useless
PvP fights lasts like 30 seconds, BB PvP was a lot longer but still it was basically "who had to use less blood vials"
No good poise system, fuck not even poise system at all, making fast weapons the kings of PvP
That's about it. I love the game anyways.
>>
>>338944792
>>Brand new iconic bosses instead of throwbacks
The fuck you are talking about?
which boss in das3 is as ripped of as the bosses in das1?
Are we going to fucking ingnore the gargoyles and asylum demon here?

I am starting to think you haven't played demon's.

DaS1 -> das2 was more original than demon's to das3.

Give me one boss in das3 that is as much of a ripoff like gargoyles or asylum demon.
>>
From "We are happy people like DS1 but we want to make new things now."
Bamco "No, sales are amazing. Make more."
Fans "We want more."

From makes more of the same as asked.

Fans "Pandering, too easy, a bloo bloo bloo."

Why are gamers so retarded?
>>
>>338940664
It was too easy. I beat it in 5 hours and deleted it.
>>
>>338945113
Its not gamers. Its soulsfags.

I have never seen Tomb Raider fans complain that in a new tomb raider there was Lara croft again.
"Lara again fucking fanservice"
>>
>>338940664
What kills this game for me the most ist the fact that you can play only a handful of builds early on. The mobs in this game are so hyper aggressive that you almost feel like you're playing bloodborne and not a ''souls'' game. It is very difficult to play anything but a melee unless you're at least half way trough the game, up until you finally get the items you need (some are almost at the end of the game for some specs). Also it pisses me off that you cannot even upgrade your weapon properly until you hit the Archdragon peak, especially for boss weapons.

I really wish that From would make caster builds more viable early on, without touching them much at 120, maybe make int/faith scale stronger on the early levels at least. Also casting speed is a very big issue, unless you either invest heavily into dex or use a sage ring. Tracking is also horrible in this game, both PvP and PvE wise.
>>
>>338944351
I should've clarified I meant the DaS series excluding DeS and BB. But yes you're right
>>
>>338944351
I would say DeS, BB and DaS3 feel complete.

Now I agree that overall the levels aren't as crazy as das1 but I honestly don't feel there is a quality drop.
Gundyr, NK and Twin princes were all amazing.

Seems to me the level design was a very conscious decision to deal with the smaller Bamco Budget.

not that /v/ would ever understand something like budget management. No here you see people argue that they forgot how to design levels.
>>
Will DS3 leave a sour taste or will both DLCs make you fags say it's a good game?
>>
it feels way too much like a shittier bloodborne
>>
>>338941787
Silver Knights drop them, but they're rare, even with 359 Item Discovery. It took me a few days before I got Darkmoon Blade
>>
>>338945617
It already left less of a sour taste than das2 and das1.

If the dlc will be good and lets be honest every dlc we got yet was goat even in fucking das2 then I will have no problem arguing that it is the second best souls game after bb.
>>
>>338945694
Certain items have very low, fixed drop rates and aren't affected by item discovery at all.
>>
>>338945005
DaS has O&S, Queelag, Priscilla, Gwyndolin, Capra, Moonlight Butterfly, Artorias, Manus, Kalameet, Gaping Dragon

DaS3 has what? Nameless King, Lothric and the tree?
>>
>>338945941
All the bosses in das3 are as brand new as the ones you mentioned.
Overall the boss quality is a lot higher.

You said it had throwbacks.
Now give me one that is even half as bad as gargoyles or the demons
>>
>>338945617
DLC's can only make things better. See DS2. Scholar of the first Sin is objectively the best game, considering the amount of good content that you get out of it. I base this not on preference, but because the second half of DS was rather lacking and some areas weren't even finished and rushed duo to time issues.

I just hope for the best. Right now, DS3 is my least favorite souls game.
>>
>>338946204
>I just hope for the best. Right now, DS3 is my least favorite souls game.
You have the worst taste.
>>
>>338946057
>literal Gwyn final boss final form
>Dragon Slayer Armor (but its ok since it has different moveset and weapons right? So does the Gargs and Ass Demons)
>Aldrich is 3 DaS bosses in one
>Killing Yhorm the same way as Storm King from DeS
>Abyss Watchers literally shittier Artorias
>Pontiff Copying Darklurker
>Ancient Wyvern has the same exact moveset, stance, as Hellkite
>>
>>338945941
>not liking dancer, dargonslayer armor, the hype fight that was pontiff and Champion.
>>
This game as a mistake, moreso than Dark Souls 2
>>
I can't say why, but I just don't really have any motivation to play DS3 anymore. It's weird and stupid, because I'm pretty sure it's a better game than DS2, but I played the shot out of DS2.
>>
>>338946479
>>Dragon Slayer Armor
Okay dragonslayer armor is a problem but seath and kalameet being a throwback from kingsfield isn't.

Out of the bosses in das3 I would only say ancient wyvern is actually bad.

The lows in das1 are a lot worse and only maybe sif, O&S and the DLC bosses could compare to most of the bosses in das3.
>>
>>338946582
This. It's way past the time to put the series to rest.
>>
>>338940664
nothing for me, I'm really enjoying it.

I don't really understand why people bitch and whine on the internet about the game be terrible, while at the same time putting in hundreds of hours playing it.
>>
>>338946260
Why? My list would be:
Bloodborne
DS2:SotFS
DS1
DS2
Demon Souls
Dark Souls 3

It's not that DS3 is a bad game by any means, but I just had much more fun with the other games. I'm also one of those fags who paid ~500 bucks (PS4, subscription and BB) just so I could play Bloodborne.
>>
>>338946645
>most of the bosses in das3.
This has to be a joke. Most were gimmick trash.
>>
Nothing, clocked in 100+ hours, still working on trophies, still trying builds, looking forward to DLCs.
>>
>>338946760
Mine would be BB > DaS3 > Demon's > DaS1 >>> DaS2/SotfS

Objectively looking at the games only bb, demon's and das3 had good design and execution.
I actually think das1 had the best design of the series but the worst execution.
Fuck das2. I don't want them to resell me the game again after a season pass. That was just shameful.
Also the game was finished das1 wasn't. Where that final version.
>>
>>338946894
>Most were gimmick trash.

what does this even mean?
>>
>>338946894
You are retarded. Only ancient wyvern and yhorm were gimmicky.

DaS3 had the best bosses after BB.
DaS1 can't even compare to those two.
>>
>>338946894
Only like 4 of them.
>>
File: 1448400556095.jpg (13 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1448400556095.jpg
13 KB, 246x200
Enemy variety is shit, copy pasted enemies all over the place (those fucking midgets with the Thrall Hood, for example)
Lothric's Castle has the same enemies as the Wall (hollow soldiers) but for some fucking reason they hit harder and have more health than their buddies from the wall. But they're the same fucking enemies, without any visual variation. Fucking lazy.
>>
>>338947013
>You are retarded. Only ancient wyvern and yhorm were gimmicky.
>>
>>338940664
>"What went x", "Apologize to x", "Now that the dust has settled"
is it so hard to start a thread normally without memeing the fucking title
>>
>>338946894
None of them were even half as bad as the bed of chaos.

Even ancient wyvern.
Again.
DaS3 has better good bosses and the bad ones aren't nearly as bad.
>>
>>338946923
>I don't want them to resell me the game again after a season pass. That was just shameful.
Well you can blame From for that, not the game itself.
>Also the game was finished das1 wasn't. Where that final version.
That's the exact reason why I rank it lower than SofFS. DS1 is great, but essentially, we didn't even get the full game, just as you said. It's a shame really and I wouldn't even mind rebuying a finished version of it.
>>
nothing

It's the most satisfied I've been with any release souls game

Consistent and constantly referential world design, fantastic area design, great story and lore progression, fantastic bosses, and an actual difficulty and quality curve as your progress.

I find it hilarious when people say that dark souls 2, demons souls and dark souls 1 are "harder", the bosses in that game were mechanically far simpler than the harder bosses in DaS3, and much, much less mechanically complex.

1st game syndrome though and everything, it will only get worse as the series continues.
>>
>>338947107
Ancient Wyvern is a better version of BoC. I think people are just sore we didn't got a straightforward and fun fight against a dragon, which has never been the case in the vanilla games really.
>>
>>338940664

5 different enemy types over and over and over again.
Bullshit trial and error to the extreme!
weird fucking level design and bonfire placement at times.
looks sameish most of the time
npc reading inputs, spinning right round (baby right round) whole day all day,
NICE FUCKING DOGS FROM
retarded weapon balance
useless magic
>>
>>338947194
>That's the exact reason why I rank it lower than SofFS
But you ranked das3 lower than das1 and das2 and everything really.

If polish is so important you are being incredibly hypocritical considering das3 is the best bamco souls.

The problem with das2 is that the design was bad. I don't think any amount of polishing would've fixed that game without scrapping the core and rebuilding it.
With das1 I can see a a great game if it had maybe a year more development time.
>>
>>338947328
Kalameet really is the only good dragon:
I think dragon's as bosses are inherently flawed and that is why I was so happy bb wasn't fucking medieval fantasy.
>>
>>338947602
Sihn was ok.
>>
The people playing their first dark souls game and pretending like they were playing since demons.
>>
>>338947426
>5 different enemy types over and over and over again.
Not really. It has at least thrice the amount of enemy types than Dark Souls.
>>
>>338947818
Only because he was similar to Kalameet and really as you said only okay and kalameet was better.

If they have an idea for a good dragon fight I think they should do it.
but the ancient wyvern feels as shoe-horned in as the dragon god. Its medieval fantasy so there had to be dragons.
>>
I beat DS3 twice in a row and still felt unsatisfied, so I went back to DS1. I started a run of only using the Zweihander. No armor, no shield, and no weapons other than the sword. I'm stuck on O&S right now. What's the easiest way to get past them like this? I almost killed them in one try, but super mode for either murders me
>>
I seriously doubt the validity of people claiming they were able to farm covenant items. Hours and hours and hours and not a single fucking drop. They don't exist.
>>
File: Gargoyles.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Gargoyles.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>338948180
I don't know how to make good webms
>>
Damn, most of the boss weapons are really good I don't really mind them not being infusable.
>Profaned GS
>Yhorm GM
>Hollowslayer GS
>All the Prince swords
>Moonlight GS
>Gundyr's Halberd
>Swordspear
Fucking good, probably the most fun vanilla boss weapons in the series.
>>
Boss weapons are once again shit for the most part.
They probably want everything to be viable, but reality is that they are clearly incapable of doing it. So why the fuck not do the obvious and focus on balancing the more interesting boss weapons?
For fuck's sake, shouldn't boss weapons obviously be superior than shit you can get from grunts or buy at a fucking market?

It has the perhaps most boring final boss yet, and that's quite something considering King Allant exists.
I won't deny that thematically it's a nice fight and fitting for what is going on, but strip that and the nostalgia and what is left? A generic dull looking dude in armor (it's alright when Miyazaki does it) using generic spells, and a slightly modified phase two you already beat five years ago. And you fight him in the Hunter's Dr- I mean the Keyblade Graveya- I mean the Hill of Swords from Berserk with the Holy Grail from Fate/Stay Night in the background.

Also, weapon arts are nice and all but as someone who's not running a magic build I didn't want to waste an Estus slot on an Ashen Estus Flask, so my FP was very limited. I went into it with the "use it when you really need it" mindset. Well, it turned into "too good to use syndrome" that plagues so many RPGs, and I completed the entire game without using a single fucking art.

The endings suck. Dark Souls 1 was the beginning, 2 somewhere between and 3 should have been the definite and final end of everything, not the lame retread we got. There was no need at all for this game.

Did one playthrough. Waited a week for the next one, turned the game off an hour later when I realized I wasn't actually having fun and haven't played since. Sure High Wall of Lothric isn't a great starting area, but even on reflection I can't think of a single area I look forward to.
>>
>>338948970
>>338949051
I'm getting mixed messages here...
>>
>>338948410
What's your set up?
>>
>>338948970
Gundyr's halberd is pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>338948970
>mfw Twin Prince Greatsword
A pain to get but god it's worth it
>>
>>338940834
the game has potential but it isnt great , i feel like the same thing that happened with 2 happened with this one , except this one has the direction of that miyazaki guy so it kind of has that dark souls 1 vibe .

The problem with the game is kind of the same thing you said , but its not just the fact that bosses have too little health or that enemies are easy to outplay , its the fact that weapons were poorly designed , the hub feels like gm island , the boss weapons are poorly implemented into the game , and the difficulty in some areas reduces to "oh shit this area is too easy wat do? i know ill just put that one hard to kill enemy from the early areas in here"
>>
>>338940664
Miyazaki is an autistic nip and people had way too much faith in him because dark souls was broken as shit but was also accidentally enjoyable.

Dark souls 3 is just broken as shit and the same old boring crap that FROMs been shitting out for the last 7 years
>>
File: 1453730066829.jpg (8 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1453730066829.jpg
8 KB, 250x238
>mfw 23% of the reviews on steam are negative
>mfw they all have 50-100+ hours playtime
>mfw not recommended
>>
>>338949051
>It has the perhaps most boring final boss yet, and that's quite something considering King Allant exists.

wait wat... Soul of Cinder is literally Gwyn remastered which makes it better than every final boss let alone Gherman
>>
>>338949051
>It has the perhaps most boring final boss yet, and that's quite something considering King Allant exists.
Opinion discarded, it's trash, anon. TRASH!
>>
>>338941223
>It has no identity of it's own, it's basically Pandering: The Game
Pretty much. It's the MGS4 of Souls.
>>
It wasn't Bloodborne.
>>
File: 1451794730033.png (150 KB, 256x319) Image search: [Google]
1451794730033.png
150 KB, 256x319
why is blades of the darkmoon the exact same thing as blue sentinels
how come there is no blue eye orb
this is literally my only issue with the game since darkmoon was my favorite covanent in the first game
what the fuck, From
>>
>>338949159
Symbol of Avarice + Crystal Sage's Rapier in offhand. I use a rusted coin, run in and kill, run back to the bonfire and repeat. Killing them isn't an issue, they just don't drop the Proofs.
>>
>>338950074
Oh, and Gold Serpent+1
>>
>>338950074
I had an easier time just doing it with a designated Luck build. Hollow weapons add extra Luck if you the more Hollowed you are.
>>
>>338950052
There should be no blue orb.
The red eye orb should work like the blue orb if you are in the darkmoon covenant.
>>
>>338950228
That gives you at most 37 item discovery.
Almost nothing in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>338950228
I haven't found a hollow gem yet. That's the last one I need for the Infusion trophy.
>>
>>338940664

Lack of follow through on interconnected areas and too many bonfires. Basically pacing.

You can tell they were trying to get back to a Dark Souls 1 sort of world design early in development, but something interrupted it. The short cut between Crucifixion Woods and Farron Keep is a good example of this. Serves no purpose at all. Some areas are really well designed with a single bonfire like the dungeon or the archives, but then others like Farron Keep or Lothric Castle are absolutely littered with redundant and extremely close bonfires. I think it's probably the result of then initially designing the game with a "choose your own checkpoint" system in mind where the player created bonfires, but then backing up on that idea. I also think that the game initially had no warping (again, look at all the fucking shortcuts early on between the woods and Farron Keep), but the developers backed off from that.
>>
>>338941223
fucking agreed.

at least with 2 it felt somewhat its own game

3 just took everything from demons and dark souls and tried to mesh it into one
>>
>>338940664
What went wrong with your mother, who didn't get an abortion
wait for DLC faggot
>>
>>338950704
There's one in a cliff in Farron Keep, near the crow people past the gate. The crow people also drop them.
>>
>>338942821
LOL
>>
>>338950704
There is one in farron keep and one in the grand archives.
>>
>>338950963
>The crow people also drop them
Only the caster crow people.
>>
Normies now like it. Half sarcasm because faggots here hate everything that gets popular, and because normies using the same playstyle all over the place hurts the fun.
>>
>>338950907

having played all 3 for several hundreds hours each now, i have to admit that 2 is the most fun to me. it just feels the biggest, with the most options right from the first couple minutes, best variety of builds, and best pvp.
>>
>>338950963
Oh, I don't know how I missed that in two playthroughs.
>>
>>338951239
It's no biggie really, some of these areas are REALLY big, I skimmed the Nameless Knight set in the same area at least 3 times.
>>
>>338951217
It has the most shit but it is a quantity over quality thing.

I do understand the appeal of rpgs with just tons of shit to find and see like elder scrolls but for me that isn't why I play souls. I take bb all day over das2
>>
File: laughingpistachios.jpg (52 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
laughingpistachios.jpg
52 KB, 700x466
>>338944056
>limited slabs
Way to play the game scrublord. You can buy slabs from the savvy merchant.
>>
>>338951217
2 did have it problems but they did a few things right
>>
it is thus revealed that stretching out to a third entry in your game series is difficult when it's entirely reliant on the 'it's hard like your nintendo games lol!!' meme

dark souls three does absolutely nothing different, fresh or unique to dark souls two, which in turn did absolutely nothing different, fresh or unique to dark souls the first
>>
Too short.

2's content may not always have been top notch but it was never so bad it made me want to stop playing and made me feel like I was on an actual journey and I could sink my teeth into it.

3 was over before I even knew what was happening. I half expected the lords of cinder to be only the first half of the game.
>>
>>338951458
bb stole my heart. probably my favorite souls game.

i like how they did magic/arcane in that game. guns were a nice addition.

pretty much shadow tower 3.0
>>
>>338951570
>2's content may not always have been top notch but it was never so bad it made me want to stop playing
Then you have low standards.
>>
>>338951217
DS2 has a lot of content, but the game itself is boring and a chore to playthrough, the lack of SL matchmaking doesn't help at all. There's literally no reason to plan your builds.
>>
>>338951780
You are not meant to stop leveling. Dark souls 2 should be played more like skyrim and less like an older rpg.
>>
>>338951489
You're a retard
>>
>>338940664
your mothers abortion
>>
>>338951780
>There's literally no reason to plan your builds.

Just like any other souls game, if you want to experience the content using a certain build, you need to plan ahead.

All souls titles let you level infinitely--you dont actually need to plan your build in ANY souls game. i started DaS3 as deprived, and basically went through most of the game with minumum reqs for various weapons/leveling VIT, VIG and END, and didnt decide to go strength until i was basically at the end.
>>
Everything. 0 atmosphere. 0 non artificial challenge. 0 fun. 0 variety. Demons souls was a legit 10/10. This is a legit 1/10. Glad the series ends here. They ran out of ideas.
>>
>>338940664
Perfect example where it shows that Hackazaki doesn't care about gameplay compared to Tanimura.
>>
>>338952473
>They ran out of ideas.
They've been huffing their own farts since PRAISE THE SUN!!! and 'lol >artificial difficulty git gud scrub also here's a thesis on how to play the game PROPERLY' became a thing after the first game's PC port desu
>>
>>338950907

Demons, Dark, and the art from BB.
>>
>>338945251
>you cannot upgrade your weapon properly until you hit arch dragon peak

I've had a + 10 weapon before I've even kill vordt
>>
idk maybe I just got tired of the game style but it feels like it borrows too much from every other game. oh look a forced poison area, oh look I gotta fight two guys now, oh wow a dragon breathing fire while I'm trying to walk here.
>>
Am I the only one who likes gimmick bosses? I think they're far more memorable and fun than circle strafing around a dude and slicing his ankles/grundle until he's dead.

Demon's Souls had like, maybe 4 bosses in the whole game that were just a straight forward fight, and in my opinion it's the Souls with the best bosses.
>>
>>338940664
It's a great game but it feels uninspired

The bosses are good for the most part, the OST is great, and the general gameplay is great, but the lack of unique weapons(movesets really)/builds, callbacks to DaS1, and reused DaS1 animations drag it down

I mean I've put like 300 hours already into it at least with a ton of playthroughs and PvP but I'd be lying if I said these things weren't bothering me.
>>
>>338952818
what are you considering "gimmick" bosses?
>>
>>338952798
don't lie freak
>>
>>338952779
yeah definitely. also the enemies are like fucking bb tier in terms of being fuckin quick and vicious while you're back to das1 movement and not quick moving rooty tooty shooty bb hunter mode

feels fucking off
>>
>>338952904

Things like breaking the Tower Knight's feet to bring him down, the Old Hero being blind, breaking Wolnir's bracelets or Greatwood's sacks, Dragon God's environment running.

Bed of Chaos was the shittiest of the gimmick bosses though. A nightmare.
>>
How should I infuse my Dark Sword if my stats are all kinda balanced? 30 in Str, Int, and Faith, 20 in Dex. Pyromancy build.
>>
>>338952978
You can dancer cheese early, grab chunks from the next areas, farm large shards from the knights, and get the bonfire sword shard and trade it to snuggly for a slab

It's totally doable
>>
>>338953073

If you give it a Lightning infusion it for some reason gets S faith scaling.
>>
>>338945251

i dont really understand this complaint. i did my first playthrough starting as deprived and then rocking straight swords most of the way.

i just started a 2nd playthrough as a sorcerer and have done most of farron's keep and just killed crystal sage. casting is just as easy as ever. i killed vordt/iudex using heavy soul arrow and found it 100x easier than going melee with just 1 ashen flask, and in general the range option trivializes most encounters just like casting in other souls titles. with a raw weapon you are just as powerful melee-wise as a non-caster to boot.

and if we are talking pvp, then its irrelevant, since casting has always been inferior to melee in past titles since dodging spells is piss easy.
>>
>>338947439
I ranked DS3 so low because of lack of content and not lack of polish. Right now, the game is just way to short and there are also other personal issues that I have right now. It still has DLC's to go and I might rank it higher and even above DS2:SoftFS. You clearly have a personal dislike against DS2, because it did things differently. Not necessarily better, but that comes down to personal preference. I had no issues with DS2's design except for a couple of rather boring areas, but I can name bad areas and design choices in DS1 too.
>>
>3 fucking R1s with an ultra
>no poise
Meanwhile, random mobs swing their swords 10 times in a combo. While having actual poise.
What was hackazaki thinking?
>>
>>338953210
>I ranked DS3 so low because of lack of content
Okay that is exactly my point. DaS2 really only wins out if you rank them by amount of content and not quality of content.

That is what I meant with quantity.

You are in camp quantity over quality. I don't agree with you at all but I understand it.
>>
>>338953197
I don't think he is complaining about bosses, but rather about normal enemies. They're a pain in the ass early on, unless you want to use one and the same weapon with each play trough.
>>
DUDE LETS MAKE THE BOSSES HARD BY PUTTING THEM IN ROOMS WITH LOW AS FUCK FPS AND FPS DROPS LMAO! artificial difficulty
>>
>>338953273
Ultras have so much hyper armor you are retarded.

It is so much better than poise.

I think only the middle weapons like GS are fucked. Since they are not as fast as the small weapons who don't need hyper armor and they don't have the ridiculous amount of hyper armor frames.
>>
>>338953568
>i play on consoles
i am sorry for your lots
>>
>>338953568
must be hard playing the game at 17fps. should have gotten a pc
>>
>>338953532

but that's also just not true. obviously you cant cast spells in fast enemy's faces but that would be silly. there are plenty of opportunities to use range to your advantage just like past titles.

once again, maybe it's just me, but i'm finding magic to make the game stupidly easy just like always.
>>
>>338953653
Mid range PC actually. Not like this should be a graphically intensive game by the looks of it
>>
>>338947439
And demon's had more content than das3? BB had more content than das3?

Your ranking is inconsistent as fuck.
When comparing das2 and das3 content is important but then demon's is ranked over das3.

You are the only one with a bias against das3.
>>
>>338952390
If there was no soul memory the game would go from a 7/10 to 9/10 for me
>>
>>338941790
Except when 3 dogs are all taking turns jumping on you
>>
File: 1464182316335.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1464182316335.png
1 MB, 960x720
>>338940664
I can't put my finger on it. It feels finished, but idk. Just feels like they didnt have fun making it, or enjoy making it. Guess you can say it has no soul.
>>
>>338953820
What if it were just spend souls instead of earned souls? And obviously not counting consumables and repairs.
>>
>>338953820

>what is agape ring

i agree that SM was lame but agape ring solves it and in general it really was barely a big deal. saying that is makes a 9/10 into a 7/10 games just makes it sound like you unironically parrot everything you hear on /v/.
>>
There's no build variety. Armor is pointless without poise since damage reduction means jack shit.
>>
Dumb nugamers thought Dark Souls 1 was good, that's what.
>>
>>338953462
You cannot call it just quantity m8. You make it sound like it was absolute horseshit compared to anything DS1 had and DS2 won only because of much content. All the DLC's alone make up for anything DS2 did worse than DS1. You just have much more quality content than you have in DS1 and when you look at things objectively, you rank it lower than DS1.

I understand your position as well, but I can almost guaranty that it's rather feelings than reason.
>>
File: 1455881408953s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1455881408953s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>338940664

Nothing. It's the second best souls games

dark souls > dark souls 3 > bloodborne > demons souls > dark souls 2
>>
>>338953672
That's not the point, you can cheese out the entire game with Hidden body, but that's just not fun. I imagine that some people rather want to play a full sorcerer, but can't.
>>
>>338952978
Learn how to sequence break.

But what am I saying, only good players know how to do this.
>>
>>338954110
>You make it sound like it was absolute horseshit compared to anything DS1 had
I sort of think that. Maybe not so emotional but yeah I think it was largely bad.
Nothing stood ever as out as O&S or sif or all the AotA stuff.
Even the das2 dlc.

> All the DLC's alone make up for anything DS2 did worse than DS1.
Not for me. My main complaint is that the core combat just wasn't as good.
>You just have much more quality content than you have in DS1 and when you look at things objectivel
Again I don't agree here. thinking about it I think I only liked darklurker as a boss.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (1).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (1).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>338941787
>Proof of a Concord
scrub ive gotten 2 without trying, u should use crystal magic weapon... but if you insist on dark magic, use rusted & gold coins, gold serpent ring & SYMBOL OF AVARICE (also have crystal sage's rapier equipped it boosts luck) u should be able to find it after 30 min
>>
File: fatmousegun.jpg (18 KB, 380x383) Image search: [Google]
fatmousegun.jpg
18 KB, 380x383
Thinking of making a dex character, pick up the whip in undead settlement and infuse it with fire.
Someone please stop me.
>>
>>338954347
>mmmmuh sequence breaks

fuck off, freak. then it's irrelevant to say that you got +10 "before vordt" if you're going to places that are clearly intended to be post vordt
>>
>>338954419
Don't do it.
I thought about doing the same in preparation for my chaos whip build
It is just painful to actually use a whip. The witch's locks are the only usable one.
>>
>>338954439
>being this autistically hostile and calling everyone a freak even after you were proven wrong
The fuck is wrong with you? Fuck off.
>>
>>338954495
the point, freak, is that you are not really painting a full picture here. you are using the lie of omission to tell a story. now you may hang yourself
>>
>>338953823
That's every souls game though, fag.
The whole point of the dog packs is to not get surrounded
>>
>Slightly more build variety than Bloodborne but still not very much compared to the other games
>Weapon balance is all over the place
>No fucking poise
>PvP is terrible, worse than DS2's. The only thing it did right was allowing invaders to estus but even then they get only half their chugs and remove the 30% HP boost from being embered
>The Demon Ruins returns, and is rushed and unfinished shit YET AGAIN
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>338954309

i havent used hidden body at all yet and am still finding it easy. literally no difference in cheesing enemies with soul arrow in DaS1 vs DaS2 vs DaS3. it's the same shit.
>>
>>338954439
>REEEEE IM TOO SHIT AT THE GAME TO GET REWARDS EARLY
>>
>>338954806
Just don't reply to autists.
>>
>>338954806
>look at my strawman mom! I'm really a 4chan poster now!
>>
File: 4455855657256.png (63 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
4455855657256.png
63 KB, 500x424
>>338954357
>Not for me. My main complaint is that the core combat just wasn't as good.
Not just trying to be unreasonable here, but I actually enjoyed DS2 combat more than DS1, especially dual wielding.
>Again I don't agree here. thinking about it I think I only liked darklurker as a boss.
Common man, there wer lots of cool bosses in the game. The Pursuer was fucking cool. And how could you forget Pepe?
>>
>>338954439

have you never played a souls title? sequence "breaking" is one of the hallmarks of the design. it's literally baked into the game.
>>
>>338950074
took me like 10 hours to farm all 30 ears

only if the fucking covenant works
>>
>>338954925
yes it is. but it's also irrelevant to say you got +10 before killing vordt if you aren't doing a normal sequence.
>>
>>338955019
How is it irrelevant? Explain your reasoning here. You can't just state a word and leave it at that.

You can get a +10 before killing Vordt. What is wrong with this sentence?
>>
>>338954884
>The Pursuer was fucking cool. And how could you forget Pepe?
Let me elaborate here.
To me a good boss has to have a good design and has to be a good fight.

For example to take vanilla das1 only O&S and Sif really are both good designs and fun fights IMO.
Then there are bosses where I love the design but really don't like the fight Pursuer or Gaping dragon.

That is why I love BB and das3. They had the most consistently good bosses which filled both categories.
DaS2 really only had darklurker.
>>
>>338955019

all he said was that he got a +10 weapon before vordt. he didnt cheat. he just utilized a PART OF THE GAME'S DESIGN to do so. yes, most people will not have +10 weapon prior to vordt. but if you know how, it is relatively easy and painless to get one. what is your point exactly?
>>
>>338954039
if I were to parrot /v/ id be saying dark souls 2 is bad, like less than 5/10
>>
Really my only gripe was the kiln didn't have any more to it. Other than that game was great.

Honestly fanboys are the problem.
>>
>>338955391

>my subjective opinion on what is "good": the post

DaS1 had very one-dimensional bosses with limited movesets through the entire thing. O&S was only interesting because there were 2 of them. Separately they were both relatively bland in that they spammed 3 moves or so. The DLC's bosses were immediate improvements in that all 4 new bosses were much more dynamic, in that they were faster/required more dodging instead of strafing and usually had 'phases'.

The games, from DeS > DaS3, just improved on this over time. DaS2's DLC had some of the best boss fights in the series in my opinion. Fume knight, sinh, knight alonne, etc shit all over O&S for example.
>>
>>338955391
I agree with the boss part. Bloodborne had hands down the best boss design and DS3 comes close to that, but that rather has to do with boss presentation and not boss design. Lot's of bosses from DS2 weren't bad designed, but bad presented with absolutely no cutscene whatsoever.

Executioners chariot is a great example of your secondary example for me. I absolutely hate the fight, but I enjoy the graphic design of the boss and the arena very much.
>>
>>338954925
Not sure but I think his problem is that you could do something similar in DS1 (e.g. get +5 magic, +10 normal or +4 twinkling titanite weapon) without even killing a boss at all.
>>
File: 1427321827770.jpg (185 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1427321827770.jpg
185 KB, 600x600
>>338955019

Not the guy's you're replying to, but are you fucking dense?

Normal sequence's aren't even possible in a game where you can practically choose which Soul of a Cinder you want to go after first, except arguably Undead Legion, since they're stopping you from getting into seeing Aldritch at Anor Londo.

But even then, that's still a normal thing. I could just as well say that I didn't beat Deacon's until I got around to Ithyrll, and that would be a totally legitimate thing to do. Similar to that, I could even go on to say that I could go and kill Giant Lord before even Aldritch, just because, and there wouldn't be a problem to this, because the game compensates for this. It is an awkward transition from the pseudo-linerarity it has going for it, but all in all, it's still a viable way to go.

Killing Twin Prince's/Ocierco's/Dragonrider Armor/Champion is perfectly doable on a run before Vordt. It'll be hard, but the game acknowledges that you understood the consequences of doing so, like releasing Sorcerer Navlaan when it was fucking retarded to do so.

For fuck's sakes, man, the only thing keeping you from getting to the Princes are a fucking ladder, and maybe I don't want to go through the fucking trouble of "proving" myself to this old hag by obtaining the souls of three of the strongest beings as of late just to poke some fucking crippled faggots ass with a rapier. In all retrospect, it's about as retarded as being disconnected from Drangleic with a pile of fucking rubble.
>>
>>338955883
>Bloodborne had hands down the best boss design and DS3 comes close to that

Because Micolash, The One Reborn, Wet Nurse and Celestial emissary were all great boss fights amirite? :^)
>>
>>338956506
>For fuck's sakes, man, the only thing keeping you from getting to the Princes are a fucking ladder
Actually, the corpse with the keys to the archive won't spawn until you've killed the Artorias fanclub, Yhorm and the trapeater
>>
>>338956506
>in a game where you can practically choose which Soul of a Cinder you want to go after first

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>338956535
All those bosses are great though, except emissary but the real boss of the area is right after
>>
>>338944203
Correction, second half of Miyacuck games feel rushed.
>>
>>338956894
Wrong, kill the woman in dancer roon to get basib of vows, ladder drops, theb you can proceed like nornal
>>
>>338940664
Nothing, the game is 10/10.
>>
well aside from poise not working and broken darkmoon covenant, it was great overall. definitely better than das2 and das1 to a certain point although you can say they falls short a bit in term of content and linearity.
weapon art>>powerstance anyday since it gave you more dimensional moveset for EACH weapon. i really dont understand why people bitching about the lack of moveset in das3 where weapon art and charge attack literally fixed that.
das3 have more consistent quality bossfight in all vanilla souls series rivaling bloodborne if you discount old hunters. yes there are some terrible gimmick bosses like wolnir and AW but the good's one overshadow the bad anyway.
weapon balance is not as bad as /v/ sperged here. if you hear someone says "light weapon or fuck off" regarding das3 dont take him seriously.
>>
>>338958036
>weapon art>>powerstance anyday
Objectively incorrect.
>>
>>338957327

The anon over at >>338956894 told me about something that I didn't figure, which is rather depressing on the developer's part, as well as the fact that I fucked up on my grammer concerning how you can choose to go for a Lord of Cinder only after Undead Legion.

Other than that, though, the psuedo-linear aspect of the game can allow for whatever sort of shit that you want, and although it isn't as free-form as Demon's or Dark Souls I, it's still perfectly possible to actually go and get a +10 weapon before Vordt on a new playthrough, as well as get a bunch of shit that's better saved for Lv. 70's at Lv 20-30
>>
My only major complaint besides broken pvp balance is the lack of challenge on bosses

I died more to ludwig than I did all of the bosses on das3, this isn't an exaggeration (I count my deaths for the first run of each game). This is really dissapointing because some of the bosses have really good movesets but for some reason they're all telegraphed and easy to dodge.

I can only pray the dlc brings some challenge, at least the areas can be pretty tough (fuck you jailers and robed skeletons)
>>
>>338958237
powerstance is a fuckin unfinished feature and a much more gimmicky than weapon art. you need to invest a shitton of endurance to make it work and at that point you better off swinging 2 hander anyway.
>>
>>338946605
>it must be better then DKS2, i heard it on Meme Parrot Radio 4.20 FM
>>
File: 1945869eb34bd45fbd742d8d2c5d3a3.png (176 KB, 500x568) Image search: [Google]
1945869eb34bd45fbd742d8d2c5d3a3.png
176 KB, 500x568
>>338958482
>ludwig is hard meme
>>
>>
>>338947602
You have to be a massive faggot to think Kalameet is a better boss fight then Sihn.
>>
>>338955852
>Fume knight, sinh, knight alonne, etc shit all over O&S for example.
Well you are wrong.
>>
>>338958959
How is he not?
>>
File: 1457749070719.webm (212 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1457749070719.webm
212 KB, 400x224
>>338958602
Power Stance is much better than Weapon Arts in that it's actually usable in PvE and PvP, Weapon Arts is has almost no use in PvE other than just saving time and is completely useless in PvP unless you're fighting someone who's fucking braindead.
Power Stance adds variety AND usability while Weapon Arts is just variety.
>>
>>338958793
How is Aava high, but Lud/Zallen low? Lud/Zallen is the same fight, just way more frenetic.
>>
The game seems to be nothing but pandering and the incredibly disjointed areas really put me off. In BB I enjoyed the very connected areas seeing as it seemed you were always in the same city just at different wings of it. Unless of course you were in some nightmare which were always very unique. I'm at Anor Londo 2 and really not enjoying the game as much as I did Des, Das or BB, should I even continue with it or just shelf it for now?
>>
>>338959180
Power stances wreck shit in both PvP and pve dummy. Do you even ultra great sword?
>>
>>338959331
Probably because it's recycled and has the worst boss run in the entire series
>>
>>338940664
It was rushed, you can tell how little testing they did on weapon/magic balance.
Also FUCKING POISE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338959365
Just uninstall and forget it.
>>
>>338959415
Well that makes sense I guess. I did it with a friend and we had fun, but the run by yourself is pure cancer.
>>
>>338958036
das3 moveset over das1 anydays. with weapon art, hyperarmour and charge attack while keeping the old moveset of das1 you literally have no reason to prefer the latter other than blindside nostalgia
>b-b-b-but muh poise
a legit problem but a separate issue on its own.
>>
>>338959512
The magic balance is what was really annoying. I was so hyped to get the shotgun pyro spell but felt so let down when it did fuck all for damage and was basically a downgrade from any other pyro spell.
>>
File: avarice.jpg (81 KB, 700x310) Image search: [Google]
avarice.jpg
81 KB, 700x310
>>338940664
> wolf covenant and blues don't work
> have to farm in order to get all miracles and rings
>>
File: 1460319167747.gif (2 MB, 187x186) Image search: [Google]
1460319167747.gif
2 MB, 187x186
>>338944407
>>338944575
Poise was broken in DS1 only because endurance gave both stamina (which everyone needed) and equip load, so everyone had at least 40 of it.

In ds3, heavy armor gives literally fuck all for damage absorption over the lightest of rags, you have to invest in a stat that does nothing but up your equip load and give you barely more defense per point than the other stats.

Dexfags are such fucking retards I swear.
>>
>>338958960
Not him but I really don't get why people felate O&S so much

It's not a bad boss fight but it really isn't that hard and isn't really that fun so I'm wondering what people see in it
>>
>>338959619
Hyperarmor is a better system than poise but if poise is actually a stat in the game it should do something.

I would be fine if it weren't on armor and shit at all. But if it is on every screen and if there is a fucking ring that does nothing but give you poise then it should do something.
>>
>>338959392
You mean the move you have to be a complete idiot to get hit by in PvP?
>>
>>338959073
Because he is fucking Sinh with less moves and more weaknesses. Have you ever tried just killing the boss instead of trying to cut it's tail? It's the same "stand in this spot to win" bullshit as any other quadruped boss.
>>
>>338959180
>I don't like thing

that nice and all, but WA's are useful in both PVE and PVP, and like anything else can be countered.

powerstance was really cool, and I'd wished they'd expanded on it. I'd love to have a spear + straight sword combo.
>>
Longsword infused with fire, bow and pyro glove for rapport.
This is as easy as I can make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (457 KB, 1800x1416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
457 KB, 1800x1416
>>338940664
It had Dark Souls 2 levels of fanservice except Dark Souls 3 now had two extra Souls games to pander to.
>>
>>338959865
Oh come on.
Two different guys with different attack patterns and two second phases depending on your choice of who you kill first
How is that not great.

It is not the best boss ever (that is phalanx in sotc)
But it is leagues above any boss in das2.
>>
>>338959552
I'm just going to do that. The whole I'm playing I'd just rather be playing BB or anything else instead. I'll come back to it when its had a few balance patches and the DLC.
>>
>>338960063
>a continuation is fanservice
Dark Souls fanbase is retarded
100% retarded
>>
>>338959943
Kalameet has such a better buildup.
You are crazy.
>>
>>338960063
>a sequel references stuff from the original game
>FANSERVICE SHIT

Die immediatly.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 259x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 259x223
>>338960151
>they rehashed Maiden Astrea and her bodyguard, Siegmeyer, and Andre
>they rehashed the nexus
>they rehashed the whole "you find the real version of your hub world" from bloodborne except now you find three different fucking versions
>they rehashed the whole "sky and moon changes after beating a boss and everything is going ape shit" from bloodborne
>they rehashed the flying demons picking you up the the next area for the third time
>they rehashed Ornstein for the third time
>they rehashed the maiden in black for the third time (fourth if you count Doll)
>they rehashed crestfallen warrior for the fourth time
>they rehashed patches for the fifth fucking time

>it's ok because it's a continuation

lmao
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.