[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is is the most powerful hero in the Elder Scrolls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Morrowind_Dark_Elf.jpg (50 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_Dark_Elf.jpg
50 KB, 600x456
Who is the most powerful hero out of the 5 main Elder Scrolls games?

Is the Eternal Champion, Hero of Daggerfall, the Nerevarine, Hero of Kvatch or the Dragonborn?
>>
Hero of Kvatch obviously
>>
File: 421px-Jiub.jpg (43 KB, 421x599) Image search: [Google]
421px-Jiub.jpg
43 KB, 421x599
>>
I bet the Hermaeus Mora empowered Dragonborn is pretty high
>>
Lore-wise probably the dragonborn.

Game-wise nerevaine or whatever.
>>
>>338888851
Nigger became a saint and hero of Morrowind. Most importantly he destroyed the most annoying enemy in Morrowind.
>>
File: 922786-cliffracer.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
922786-cliffracer.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
Anything else is strictly 100% wrong
>>
>>338889172
Except they were wiped out by Jiub dumbass
>>
>>338888454
I am.
>>
Easily the Nerevarine since Morrowind alchemy can turn you into an unkillable god and the spell creation let's you make crazy powerful magic.
Also has the most powerful weapons and armour.
>>
>>338889056
>Lore-wise probably the dragonborn
Neravar literally killed several deities.
HoK is actually a god.
Dragonborn can yell really loud
>>
>>338889172
extinct

Probably player character in morrowind because unlimited leveling
>>
>>338889404
Leveling in Morrowind isn't unlimited.
It's somewhere around 40-50 when you hit a dead end due to all your skills reaching 100.
>>
Hero of Kvatch, nigga 1v1s a Daedric Prince and then becomes one
>>
Nerevarine because alchemy is hilariously broken and can give him/her ridiculously high stats
>>
>>338889376

It's really hard to say just how powerful the dragonborn is/was until we get a sequel with some detail from book. Unless Bethesda totally fucks the pooch and doesn't add to the lore.
>>
The Eternal champion got that really powerful staff. So he could probably kick anyones ass with that.
>>
>>338889376
Probably because Bethesda is shit.
Tiber Spetim was dragonborn, emperor and then became a god.
Your character in Skyrim can at best end up as a henchman to Ulfric/Tullius.
>>
>>338889552
>he doesn't know
>>
>>338889629
Nerevarine defeated Hircine and his hounds and killed 3 other gods
>>
>>338889849
at best you're an immortal master across several disciplines
>>
>>338888454
From a canon/lore standpoint it's likely the Hero of Kvatch. From a gameplay standpoint it's easily the Nerevarine. You can get your damage so high in Morrowind that a basic attack from you can crash the fucking game on top of all the other crazy shit you can do like being permanently immune to magic, flying at mach 7 around the world, regenerating life faster than you can take damage. The Nerevarine from a gameplay standpoint literally becomes a god. However in canon the Hero of Kvatch becomes Sheogorath and I don't know if the Nerevarine or Dragonborn can match that.
>>
File: 1380795771422.jpg (41 KB, 321x336) Image search: [Google]
1380795771422.jpg
41 KB, 321x336
>>338888454
>>338888780
>>338889376
>>338889629
>>338890121
It's Champion of Cyrodiil, not Hero of Kvatch
>>
>>338888454
Lorewise, the hero of Battlespire
He faced a Deadric lord in its own realm with no help.

Gameplaywise: Nerevarine mage with exploits
>>
File: Hero of Kvatch.jpg (96 KB, 1206x928) Image search: [Google]
Hero of Kvatch.jpg
96 KB, 1206x928
>>338890248
>>
File: sheog.jpg (104 KB, 957x602) Image search: [Google]
sheog.jpg
104 KB, 957x602
>>338888780
This, he BECOMES a Daedric Lord. He's not empowered by one, he's not the champion of one, he IS one.
All Elder Scrolls heroes are insanely powerful and killed demigods on a weekly basis, but only one killed a Daedric Lord and replaced another one.
>>
The Nerevarine:
Kills a between two and three gods
Defeats a Daedric Prince
Has all the benefits of corprus without the drawbacks
Can use a spear
>>
>>338890408
>can use a spear
Fucking this
>>
>>338890056
Only Hircine was a god. The Tribunal were mortal.
>>
>>338890121
The Nerevarine bitch slapped Hircine. He/she can stand up against daedric princes
>>
>>338890121
In canon Nerevarine slew Hircine, a deadric prince, slew Almalexia a god, and Dagoth Ur also a god, and made Vivec who is yet another god very nervous
>>
File: miirak.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
miirak.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
Where is muh nigga Miirak's power level at?
>>
>>338890081
and with all this power you literally do nothing!
Just end the dragon "menace" and decide who rules skyrim...
What a great destiny for the first dragonborn in hundreds of years.
>>
>>338889376
>>338889056
Lorewise, Nerevar was able to subdue Wulfharth (his shouts are so damn power he could blast an entire town into the ocean, and able to 'reincarnate' after death). He was able to do it so well that Vivec had time to plant an echoing box on his head to mess with Wulfharth.
Wulfharth was defeated so soundly that it ended the Nord's invasion of Morrowind (which was in reality a invasion to claim back heart of Lorkhan
>>
>>338890517
The distinction doesn't mean much considering those 'mortals' were capable of godlike feats such as preventing a meteor that later destroys an entire country.
>>
>>338890501

Hircine is one of the minor deadric princes. The weaker ones seem to have a deeper connection to nirn than the major ones.
>>
File: smugdog.jpg (712 KB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
smugdog.jpg
712 KB, 4928x3264
>people think the Nerevarine actually accomplished anything

Almalexia and Vivec weren't gods. And did you retards even play Bloodmoon?
>>
>>338890359
doesn't that just make him insane with pretty much no agency?
>>
>>338890408
The original Nerevar was able to subdue Wulfharth, who's shouts make Skyrim's Dragonborn looks like child's play. And who might be an aspect of the three identities of Talos
>>
>"but he defeated a god!" "he killed a god!" "he became a god!" etc

>in a setting where a "god" can be killed by a commoner poking them with a pointy stick for a while

being a "god" isn't really a big deal in Elder Scrolls. There's several NPCs that are stronger than Almalexia and Vivic in Morrowind, for example that guy with 770 luck and ebony armor
>>
>>338890646

Well, he got shitstomped by several of my characters (all of them) so he rates about the same as Alduin. I had more trouble with Kaarstag.
>>
>>338889849
>Tiber Spetim was dragonborn, emperor and then became a god.
NORDS GET OFF OF MY BOARD
>>
Offtopic, but I'm having some freezing problems with morrowind on my laptop. When I enter combat and the music changes the game freezes for almost ten seconds. Turning the music off fixes it but is there any other way? Google didn't help. I have the codec patch installed.
>>
>>338890873
Nowhere is it ever stated that Hircine is a 'lesser' daedric prince, nor that the idea of 'lesser' daedric princes is actually a thing.
>>
>>338890878
This. Nerevaarine is really powerful but Almalexia and Vivec died due to the machinations of Azura. And Hircine let himself to be beaten because it wound't be a good hunt if the prey cannot become the hunter.
Nerevarine is a powerful agent of a Daedric prince (Azura) as much as Dragonborn is one of Hermaeus Mora.
>>
>>338891029
Except the Nerevarine killed that guy too.
>>
File: 1399924501163.jpg (36 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
1399924501163.jpg
36 KB, 256x352
>>338889849
>Tiber Spetim
>became a god
>>
>>338891067

I'd have to know more about your laptop. So would everyone else.
>>
>>338888454
>Hero of Kvatch
You're basically an errand boy throughout the whole of Oblivion.
>>
>>338891018
That's what our puny mortal mind perceives. He may be the most sane out of all of us. Dont forget old Sheoh is the strongest daedric prince.
>>
>>338891209
Lenovo t410. I know it's crap but it runs other old games just fine.
>>
Remember that time the 'hero' of Kvatch watched an assassin slowly open a secret door, walk across the room, and stab the emperor without doing anything to stop them?
>>
>>338890723
>>338891021

>YSMIR, the Dragon of the North, who always appears as a great bearded king, had powers innumerable and echoing. He was grim and dark and the most silent of the invading chieftains, though when he spoke villages were uplifted and thrown into the sea. The Hortator fought him unarmed, grabbing the Dragon's roars by hand until Ysmir's power throat bled. These roars were given to Vivec to bind into an ebony listening frame, which the warrior-poet placed on Ysmir's face and ears to drive him mad and drive him away.
-The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec, Sermon 9
>>
>the Nerevarine
>>
>>338891209

Oh and also what version of Morrowind you have installed. If it's not the GOG version then I don't really give a shit because I can't go look for myself.
>>
>>338891359
Have Windows 10?
>>
>>338890770
V tells you he is a liar.
V died and the rock did not fall.

V was a con man who fooled the simplistic populace of a backwater province.

Before you claim they aren't simple minded remember they chose to live on an active volcano.
>>
>>338890359
>He BECAME something that has been killed on multiple occasions by multiple people
>Therefore he must be the strongest
>>
>>338891043
>>338891205
Fucking Altmers!
>>
>>338891489
>>
>>338891238
>Sheoh is the strongest daedric prince

according to whom?

the only thing we know about power levels when it comes to the daedric princes is that peryite seems relatively weak
>>
>>338891362
HoK realized how expensive the character was becoming so he let it happen, unfortunately it didn't save the rest of the game from being bland, boring garbage that seemed to have the budget of a sandwich.
>>
>>338891413

I never realized how fucking clean his robes are, this seems unlikely.
>>
Alduin is above any daedra gods as you should know
TLD the one who has defeated Alduin becomes something else at that point

You guys look at this like some Dragon Ball Z power level battle. Look at it from a writer's perspective.

Funny how subtle they handled the whole deal with Mora that was funny and smart.
>>
>>338891179
All I'm saying is that throwing around the word "god" as if it means something in regards to Elder Scrolls is stupid. They're just slightly above average wizards for the most part.
>>
>>338891656
He has space washing machines.
>>
File: renabab.jpg (156 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
renabab.jpg
156 KB, 1440x1080
Obviously the hero of Arena you fucking retards.

He gathers and combines the pieces for the Staff of Chaos that can be used to break through dimension, open Oblivion at a whim, can teleport you to wherever you want, and can shapeshift to whatever form you want even as the king.
>>
>>338891517
the rock did fall, it just took a while for the spell to wear off. It fell down and ruined the island of Morrowind by the time of oblivion
>>
>>338888454

Not that Bethesda will ever really do the Nerevarine justice, but knowing he/she made the journey to Akavir means he/she could be up to some really serious shit. I'd love it if we could start a new game as the nearly godlike Nerevarine, then need to change update our appearance magically and lose our equipment Metroid style.
>>
>>338891661

Well, Bethesda fucked up Alduin. He should have been a nearly stupid difficult battle that made you have to pull out all the stops to beat him. He had the ability to end both Nirn and Sovengarde. Not even the deadric princes that wanted to could do that.

It took the intervention of Akatosh to stop mehrunes dagon. Alduin could have just done it if not for the dragonborn.
>>
>>338891451
Steam unfortunately. Someone wrote that disabling steam overlay might fix it. I'll keep looking.
>>
>>338891837
>Vivecs magic is so powerful it keeps a meteor suspended in the air for centuries after his death
>and Vivec is still wary of the Nerevarine
>>
>>338891837
After punchy McPuncherson died I took a quick peeky poo out side.
Lie rock was still there.

It wasn't V.
That was just another one of his many lies.
>>
>>338891712
FUCK
>>
>>338891986

Word to the wise- always see if GOG has it first before you get it from steam. Those guys always have great releases with the fewest compatibility problems.
>>
>>338891229
To be fair. The Hero of Kvatch really never does anything all that impressive on his own. His most daring feats aren't even that great compared to the other heroes. For example, he beats Mannimarco, but Nerevarine and the Dragonborn could have done that too. Outside of that, yeah, he's mostly just a powerful errand boy. But the real crux here is that the Hero of Kvatch mantles Sheogorath. Like someone else mentioned, he didn't beat Sheogorath, he didn't become his champion, he didn't take over, he's literally Sheogorath at the end. This puts him in a realm of unknown power.
>>
>>338891912
A game exploring the culture and races of Akavir would be interesting. There is a lot to work with there. Starting off as a prisoner from Tamriel with added races of Akavir would be cool. What would the main be quest be?
>>
>>338891912
My Nerevarine was still trading Artifacts for lap dances at the House of Earthly Delights right up to when the island blew up.

After that he took his Nord ass home to Skyrim.
He has no idea where that Akavir shit started.
>>
Daggerfall's hero had a tough life. No matter what ending he picks he gets crushed by the Numidium. And despite his efforts, some drug addict loser comes along and says "duuuuuuude, all of the endings are canon, wooooah".
>>
>>338891123
>Vivec
>dead
>>
>>338890280
>Lorewise, the hero of Battlespire

So Divayth Fyr? He's up there, and I think he understands the nature of reality much better than the player characters - any of them - but he's not more powerful.
>>
The Nerevarine was a a secret fucking agent for the Emperor while also being a rockstar with fans all over the world, and who stuck it to the bigwigs trying to keep his fans down.

The 'Hero' of Kvatch is only remembered for that time he 'saved' a town that had already been completely destroyed, and the Dragonborn killed a bunch of lizards and could scream really loud.
>>
>>338892330
Skyrim had better graphics and physics anyways. It was the smart move.
>>
>>338892380
Pick two.
>>
>>338891584
Jyggalag was the most powerful daedric prince, so much so that the other daedric princes conspired and turned him into Sheogorath. It's only when the Greymarch comes around does ol' Jygg get free. Sheogorath is literally Jyggalag with daedric amnesia. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Jyggalag
>>
>>338891584
Former Sheo
e;g Jyggalag.

All of the other Daedric princes banded together to make him Sheogorath. Cause he was the Oblivion fun police.
>>
>>338892260

Something for MK or any of the old TES writing team to come up with. If it does include MK they'll need to put him on a tight leash, but not too tight.
>>
>>338889282

Champion of Cyrodiil can wield armour that gives him 100% reflect damage/spelldamage.
>>
>>338891205
Please stop altmerposting. Don't you have religions to persecute?
>>
Is everybody in this thread 8 years old and posting from mobile on a playground somewhere? This thread is batman vs. superman-tier.
>>
File: SR-npc-Sheogorath.jpg (201 KB, 899x899) Image search: [Google]
SR-npc-Sheogorath.jpg
201 KB, 899x899
>>338888454
>Hero of Kvatch
He's the fucken Mad God now, how do you top that?
>>
Daggerfall's hero is literally just a normal person. That's why he's the best.
>>
>>338892393
Fyr didn't seem to understand wearing the only suit of complete Daedric armor in front of me would not go well for him.

If he just had the option to give me a pauldron he would have made it.
>>
>>338892659
epic
>>
>>338892162
Yeah I've bought games from gog before but I got this one years ago before I knew about gog. Might just pirate the gog release.
>>
>>338892219
Fair point. But in the main story it all would have played out the same even if the Hero of Kvatch hadn't been there. Baurus could've easily taken the Amulet of Kings to Juafrey and the Juafrey could've either sent Baurus or some other random Blade to go get Martin and the Mysterium Arxese. But you are right about the DLC.
>>
>>338892659

There are some decent posts but most people don't know the lore and start fucking around with min-maxing from the games.
>>
>>338892608
Nerevarine only needs a ring to do that
>>
>>338892659
Funny, because the topic is a batman vs superman tier argument
>>
Please remember that Sheggy's power is split in twixe, twice. His other half has fucked off, and he is split down the middle between his two personallity sides. Naturally, if he could get his shit together he'd be very strong but that goes against his, well, nature.

Neverarine defeated a 1/3rd of a daedric gods power in fair 1/1 combat, as well as 2-3 demi-gods lapping at the power of one of the dualities of the universe, though you could debate Ur since he didn't really fight "him".
He's the mantle of/mantling Nerevar who as others have said fucked up a Dragonborn super hard in the past. If he is still a avatar/tool of Azura is unknown. He's probably still pissed off about how shit that final ring was.

Nerevarine also had the Sermons left for him with the hints in them, weither he used them or not is unclear.
>>
>>338892723
You mean he's one of those things the Nerevarine defeated?
>>
CHIM
>>
>>338892732
So is the Hero of Kvatch you spesh.
>>
>>338892905
Must've missed the part where Nerevarine defeated a daedric lord's stronger half
>>
>>338892014
In the story, Vivec wasn't killed by Nerevarine. He lived on until shortly before Oblivion, before being kidnapped by Molag Bal, in which case the meteor did immediately resume falling.

It was stopped temporarily by a machine that kept the meteor suspended, as long as it was fed enough souls, but eventually, that machine also failed to stop the meteor falling.
>>
>>338892905
Uhhhh...
>>
>>338891985
>implying the Dragonborn wasn't Akatosh intervening
>>
>>338893163
>before being kidnapped by Molag Bal,
wait what
I thought he muatra'd Azura in the semi-canon trial, then fucked off
>>
>>338891362

Are you sure that emperor didn't "freeze" you in place, or something? The emperor was clearly ready to die and his plans were already set. Maybe he was just protecting you
>>
>>338893410
He wasn't.
>>
>>338893163
Lets be real here. Vivec probably was killed by Nerevarine. Then he wasn't. Then he raped Azura. Fucking Vivec.
>>
>>338891720

I seriously doubt that more than 5 people in this thread, or maybe /v/ in general, have played Daggerfall and especially Arena. These are really Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim threads.
>>
>All these people bragging about killing 'gods' and 'princes'

That ain't shit. Nerevarine killed THIRTY ONE (31) 'Hound of Hircine's, which could tear through your fancy 'artifact' shields and Daedric plate armor in three hits and open you like a tin can.
>>
>>338893410

Here we go again with game mechanics.

It was coded so that you couldn't move because your character could have dropped their asses and then it would have glitched out before you finished character creation.
>>
>>338893310
He did. Then got kidnapped by Molag Bal right afterwards, because Molag Bal wanted his waifu back.
>>
>>338893530

I've tried like a motherfucker to play Daggerfall (it's still on my hard drive) but I can't be fucked to do the special dance it takes to get out of the starting area.
>>
File: 1434006365111.jpg (295 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
1434006365111.jpg
295 KB, 700x933
>>338893510
That sounds about right
>>
>>338892783
Morrowindfags believe you should genuflect before posting in a Morrowind thread.

They are a touchy lot.
>>
>>338893798
what is the source for this
>>
The real question is, which hero slayed more rats and mudcrabs? That is the true power test, not these puny "daedra" or "gods". Imagine how many pests there would be if not for our brave heroes. The number of innocent lives they would have saved would be at least in the tens
>>
Nobody else had access to magic items anywhere close to as strong as The Nerevarine.

The Royal Signet Ring alone puts him well outside the power level of any of the others.
>>
>>338894159
What's the best way to acquire that ring anyways? Just bash him over the head with insane strength?
>>
File: TES attention to detail.png (3 MB, 1700x1080) Image search: [Google]
TES attention to detail.png
3 MB, 1700x1080
>>338891661
Hermaeus Mora: "At last, the Skaal yield up their secrets to me."
Storn: "You... liar... gah! ... I won't... not... for you..."
Frea: "Do something!"
Hermaeus Mora: "Dragonborn, you have delievered me the gift I requested. In return, I keep my promise, as befits a Prince of Oblivion: I give you the Word of Power that you need to challenge Miraak. You will be either a worthy opponent or his successor, as the tides of fate decree."
Storn: "Nooo..."
Frea: "Father! What have you done! Go. My father sacrificed himself so that you could destroy Miraak and lift his master's shadow from the land. Go, then. Kill Miraak. Do not fail."
My favorite moment in the entire TES series.

There is no question about it we(the players) know TLD's "fate" but in game they leave it unresolved obviously.
Like I said earlier it's all in the writing you are above Daedra gods at that point in the timeline that's why it doesn't make any sense at all for a character like TLD to become a daedra's puppet. And that's why I think it's brilliant the way they handled the whole situation.

Also Frea's voice actress was really on point in this scene.
>>
>>338894050
Yeah, lets hear it for the REAL heros of Tamriel!
The city guards.
>>
>>338893163
Bethesda came up with Dragonbreaks so that the players choice from Daggerfall happened.
If a player killed V during Morrowind V is dead in that players world.

V showing up in a quote during a loading screen is a close as he will get to returning to TES.
>>
>>338893920
Trial of Vivec for him disappearing right after raping Azura.

Rumors from Oblivion NPCs that he was kidnapped by Daedra. Considering Vivec spent a while married to Molag Bal, it'd make sense that it was Molag Bal.
>>
>>338889552
c'mon bud. try harder. hell even oblivion had non-glitch method of unlimited leveling
>>
>>338894050
>>338894413
SAINT JIUB
>>338894384
>filename
What is the joke here?
>>
>>338894596
That rumor was being spread by the temple to cover V's death.

That is how TES works both can be true.
>>
The Real Answer?

Whichever one is foretold to win in the Elder Scroll

Unless one of them gained CHIM- which the nerevar would be the most likely of the heroes to learn it.
>>
>>338895230

I'd say that whichever hero can read the elder scrolls probably wins the prize. My memory is particularly good enough to remember which ones could.
>>
>>338896186

*isn't
>>
>>338894843
what joke anon?

It's a very important scene concerning TLD as a character. that why the >filename
>>
>>338896186
The Dragonborn can, I think there was some quest where you do

Though I do wonder if the CoC/Sheogorath can
>>
Didn't Vivec rape the Daedric prince of rape?
>>
>>338895230
Hoonding VS Elderscroll prediction. What the FUCK would happen? Is that unstoppable force vs immovable object logic?
>>
>>338896361
what does it have to do with "attention to detail" though
is there some subtlety i'm missing
inb4 you also get tentacles around you when you open the books
>>
>>338896459
Vivec retconned reality to get consensually dismembered and raped by Molag Bal
>>
>No game centered around Redguards and sword singing
>Can't level your smithing enough to create the equivalent of a nuclear weapon that sinks landmasses
>>
So are we in agreement that hero of kvatch is the weakest then?
>>
>>338896912
He's most definitely does the least.
>>
>>338896912
If you want to be murdered by a cheese wheel, sure
>>
>>338896438
Doesn't th e dragon born read them on 2 different occasions?
>one before fighting alduin for the first time
>once again to obtain the sun bow in dawnguard
>>
>>338897020
Yeah my bad should have probably put that instead, he can be strong but he doesn't do anything compared to the others
>>
File: 1463779156673.gif (181 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
1463779156673.gif
181 KB, 460x340
>>338891656
Force Clean, secret sith technique that he learned from vader while jerking off in his lonely island cave
>>
>>338896912
inb4 he's strongest because he's Sheogorath
inb4 legions of plebs misconstrue mantling
>>
I feel that the dragon born entering the soul cairn causing havoc by killing 3 keepers and a dead dragon prison warden and coming out alive should count for something
>>
>>338897072

Right, as I recall the dragonborn could read them like a copy of Duck Duck Boat. I mean Bethesda keeps scaling up the gravity of the hero in the story without just letting the player do it themselves.
>>
>>338896638
ah right the subtle part

>You will be either a worthy opponent or his successor, as the tides of fate decree.

This is the only clue we get from the writers regarding TLD's fate and at the same time they basically gave it away ^see my previous posts for that
>>
>>338897634
Not really. Messing with Oblivion realms is pretty much standard for all adventurers.
>>
>>338897839
you have very low standards
>>
>>338898081
why did you leave /tesg/ you slut
>>
>>338898081
plus a bunch of hist addled geckomen fucked up a daedric realm far more than any MC could have.
>>
>>338890121
This is what I was thinking, but you can become invulnerable to enemy damage in Oblivion too, you're just more limited by the shittier spell/item crafting.
>>
>>338898301
because he's /fog/'s waifu now
>>
File: almalexia as wonderwoman.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3066) Image search: [Google]
almalexia as wonderwoman.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3066
>>338898301
Far too much shitposting. /tgesg/ threads are better.
>>
>>338898514
hope they're enjoying their sloppy seconds
>>
Would you guys be ok with TES VI being a heavy political game?

toning down the over the top power fantasy
>>
If Nerevarine is allowed to use alchemy then he is the most powerful by far.
>>
>>338898704
We are. Why so tsundere?
>>338898981
Yes.
>>
>>338898704
He's not going to come back to you.
>>
>>338898981
I'd be fine with it, but I don't really trust their current writers with it. It's probably better if it stays the course as an over the top power fantasy. Now if another company could use the IP and do something more political, that would be much better.
>>
>>338898981
I say "no" simply because Bethesda would fail at it horribly. You're probably imagining something with an intricate plot, where dialogue choices and taking certain missions heavily impacts the outcome and character relations. Now that you've imagined this glorious game, remember what the civil war was like in Skyrim. Remember what the dialogue is like in Fallout 4. Morrowind had some good intrigue, but those days are long gone.
>>
File: 1457647830856.jpg (416 KB, 619x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457647830856.jpg
416 KB, 619x1200
>Talos.

>The HoonDing.

>Trinimac.

>Vivec.

>Leki.

>Reman.

>Auri-El.

>Wulfharth.

>Morihaus.

>Pelinal.

"That's my list, and pretty much in that order. Though Vivec did kill Tiber Septim once...but I mentioned Talos, not the Emperor." Michael Kirkbride
>>
>>338899331
OBSIDIAN TES6 WHEN?
>>338899437
Why is Cuckbride such an insufferable pillock.
>>
>>338899437
Reman over Auri-El, Wulfharth, and Pelinal? Really? Maybe if you count his army too, but as a single man?
>>
File: make_way-midres.jpg (148 KB, 578x999) Image search: [Google]
make_way-midres.jpg
148 KB, 578x999
>>338899437
Sounds about right.
>>
File: 1457646702417.jpg (586 KB, 600x832) Image search: [Google]
1457646702417.jpg
586 KB, 600x832
>>338899539
Drugs probably.
>>
>>338899602
Reman is still technically a god, and a crazy one too.
Auriel has been depowered since Morrowind
>>
>>338899661
you work for bethesda right, where's the next TES taking place?
>>
File: imperial mothship.jpg (521 KB, 958x1257) Image search: [Google]
imperial mothship.jpg
521 KB, 958x1257
>>338900391
Outer space.
>>
>>338900391
Hammerfell.
>>
File: 1463070625131.jpg (133 KB, 500x855) Image search: [Google]
1463070625131.jpg
133 KB, 500x855
>>338888454
Nerevarine.
>>
File: Solitude_1920_1080_.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Solitude_1920_1080_.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>338900391
Skyrim
>>
>>338900996
That would be ballsy straight up continuing the Civil War storyline
>>
>>338900482
since the whole thing is just a giants dream what would space even look like? can you escape the dream?
>>
>>338901268
>what would space even look like
Take sovngarde's sky and ramp it up a few bits.
>>
>>338901268
>a giant
LOL
>>
>>338901391
im not savvy on the TES lore, i just had my friend tell me about it. I know its either a giant or the big planet you see in the sky thats creating all this shit in a dream
>>
>>338891205
>>338891043
When will the Thalmor fuck off and learn about CHIM?
>>
>>338900952
im going to need to know more about this picture
>>
File: comfy.png (597 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
597 KB, 660x720
>>338901268
>can you escape the dream?
>>
File: chubby Claire.jpg (239 KB, 900x1351) Image search: [Google]
chubby Claire.jpg
239 KB, 900x1351
>>338901753
THICC
>>
File: TESV 2016-04-12 04-22-35-74.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TESV 2016-04-12 04-22-35-74.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>338901350
>sovngarde's sky
Speaking of

Is this Anu?
>>
>>338901687
They need to deCHIM the lore in the next game.
C0DAfags trend towards insufferable.

Say the Ehlnofay taught certain Dragonborns the secret syllable CHIM and Tiber CHIM RO DAHed the jungle away.
>>
File: TatterdemalionMap.jpg (2 MB, 2881x2152) Image search: [Google]
TatterdemalionMap.jpg
2 MB, 2881x2152
>>338902069
Everything is Anu.
>>
>>338902069
Nah.

Anu and padomay are outside the outer space of outer aetherious.
>>
>>338901995
thicc=/=fat
STOP RUIN THICC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338901557
>big planet in the sky
that's lorkhan's corpse
>>
>>338902159
why am i looking at Cyrodiil
>>
File: nalihindroth.jpg (151 KB, 1018x627) Image search: [Google]
nalihindroth.jpg
151 KB, 1018x627
>>338902490
You're not
>>
>>338902335
Would you?
>>338902519
but that's clearly Cyrodiil on th emoon
>>
>>338902159
TATTERDEMALION WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338902610
cancelled ;^)
>>
File: cliffpepe.jpg (337 KB, 934x900) Image search: [Google]
cliffpepe.jpg
337 KB, 934x900
>>338902667
>338902667
>>338902610
>cancelled
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Nerevarine did not "beat" Hircine, he beat one of his aspects. He literally says that it would not be a fair fight if he were to use all his power. It was not a real duel.
>>
SAY IT WITH ME

THE ELDER SCROLLS VI: AKAVIR
>>
I want the next game on hammerfell, so I can study and give hope to an jaded old men, the last of the sword singers, and learn the one ancient art capable of changing the war againt the thalmor arch wizards: Getsuga Tenshou
>>
>>338903775
>you will never fold your steel one billion times and wipe out continents with your blade
>>
>>338903768
Akavir is not Tamriel m8. Bethesda won't do it unless they are desperate. Which they will never be. They are not a Jew controlled company.
>>
I had a thought the other day while playing Skyrim with my plethora of lewd mods.

What if there were multiple "main paths" through the story?

I was thinking along these lines: the normal Dragonborn stuff and naturally absorbing souls could be but one "path" you choose to complete the game. Which would align with a warrior-style path.

What if there was a separate questline where you are not the Dragonborn but some unnaturally gifted mage that has found a way to trap the dragon souls into special soulgems for your own use? Which would lead to a different approach to the main content of the game.

I don't know how lore friendly such an idea is, but I would just like maybe three different "main quest" pathways that you could choose from to fit with the main three class archetypes.
>>
>>338902610
at this point, never
>>
>>338904469
When you seek entrence in the Hall of Valor Tsun asks you by what right that's your choice for a character archetype.
>>
>>338905156
Yeah but that is pretty minor overall.

Like when applying for the Mage College and they ask you what school you focus on, and then you have to cast a spell from that school to get in.
>>
File: Tiber Septim aka Talos.jpg (461 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tiber Septim aka Talos.jpg
461 KB, 1440x1080
Tiber Septim is the obvious answer.
>>
>>338905817
>Tiber Septim
>A god

Nice try Nord fuck I'm on to your schemes
>>
>>338905817
Talos is a gestalt of three individuals.
>>
>>338906201
But is he REALLY, when they were all just Lorkhan?
>>
>>338906292
Isn't Lorkhan the real force behind Khajiit?

I heard that Azura made them to begin with, but by binding them to the Lunar Lattice they are effectively under Lorkhan's direct influence. Thus the reason for all the shit involving Khajiit and the moon.

Are Khajiit the chosen peoples?
>>
>>338905817
>nords worship an imperial as a god
How cucked can you be
>>
>>338906767
Lorkhan favors anyone who isn't a whiny bitch trying to upload themselves to a robot or unmake reality
>>
>>338907089
So the Dwemer and the fucking disgusting Altmer are the true enemies then.
>>
>>338907208
Yeah
>>
>>338907036
Tiber Septim was Breton, though Wulfharth was Nord
>>
You are the Dragonborn there's no way around it. That's the prophecy Alduin Akatosh Dovahkiin all connected.

You need the soul so you can master your thu'um in order to have a chance to defeat Alduin.
A Dragonborn kills dragons and absorbs their souls and power directly. There isn't much you can do with soul trapped dragon souls they're not going to shout Dragonrend for you that's for sure.
>>
File: 2ZCxorm.jpg (3 MB, 2403x2200) Image search: [Google]
2ZCxorm.jpg
3 MB, 2403x2200
>>338888454

An even better question would be what is the cannon race of each games hero?
>>
>>338908127
The one representing the region the game is set in. What even is this question?
>>
>>338891029
The heros of these games are all Shezarine which makes them much more than a commoner with a stick
>>
>>338908127
>>338908302
>Not Morrowind - Nord, Oblivion - Altmer - Skrim - Dunmer
>>
>>338888454
>Who is the most powerful hero out of the 5 main Elder Scrolls games?
You
>>
So if elder scrolls are indestructible does that mean you could use one as a weapon to some effect?
>>
>>338908127
Goddamn I forgot how fucking hideous Oblivion was.

The fucking Bosmer don't even have the soulless black eyes.

Wait why don't TESO Bosmer have black eyes either? And the Dunmer don't have red eyes either.
>>
>>338906201
>trinity
So, he's actual god?
>>
>>338908484
what the fuck are you rambling about
>>338908791
Correct.
>>
>>338908731
You probably wouldn't be able to use it long before it disappears and materializes somewhere else
>>
>>338908817
>what the fuck are you rambling about
>What is the canon race of each games' hero
>Suggests a race for three games
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>338908731
I imagine it would hurt pretty bad if you smacked someone on the head with it.
>>
File: costanzaborn.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
costanzaborn.jpg
203 KB, 1024x1024
>>338908731
No but they'd make for a solid choice of armor.
>>
>>338888454
Dragonborn is probably the weakest until you fix the schizo problem
>>
>>338908731
You would probably be better off opening it in front of someone to blind them, then stab them while they are incapacitated.
>>
>>338908127
ESO is better than oblivion but just barely. Holy fuck.
>>
>>338891536

No one has effectively killed a daedric lord, shit in oblivion at the very end of the game a guy had to turn into a FUCKING DRAGON just to banish the avatar of a daedric lord back to his realm
>>
>>338894384
why was dragonborn so much better than the base game

why the fuck does bethesda only put effort into their DLCs?
>>
>>338909092
>>338909078
>>338909017
Such versatility!
>>
>>338908127

Probably the race of the setting of the game

Arena - Imperial

Daggerfall - Breton

Morrowind - Dunmer

Oblivion - Probs imperial etc...

Skyrim - Nord
>>
What are the Cannon Races of each Game
>>
>>338909569
Not Orcs until Morrowind, mos def.
>>
>>338908127
Morrowind's is Male Dark Elf

Oblivion is Male Imperial

Skyrim is Male Nord

this is canon
>>
So were the tsaesci literal snake people or what? Has this been expanded upon?
>>
>>338909569
Well Nerevar was specifically killed in a fashion where he could reincarnate as any race and any sex.

And the hero of Cyrodiil is effectively a Daedric Prince and thus has no predetermined form

Not sure about Skyrim, Arena, or Daggerfall. Daggerfall was most likely Breton though I suppose.

Wasn't the PC of Skyrim caught trying to cross the border? Based on the southern border being the closest to Helgen I suppose either a Nord trying to leave Skyrim or an Imperial trying to enter it.
>>
Don't hero's belon to akatosh, so how can daedric Lords claim them?
>>
>>338909954
Considering how diverse the Empire is though, wouldn't it make sense it could be any race trying to enter it?
>>
>>338910043
The same way you can forfeit your soul to multiple Daedric princes, and also forfeit your soul to the Void.

None of them can claim you, but they think they can.
>>
>>338910237
Oh good. I just figured the princes would realize this.
>>
>>338910043
Shit gets a bit silly in Skyrim.

You can simultaneously owe your soul to a bunch of Daedric shit such as Hircine (werewolf) and Nocturnal (Thieves Guild questline) and Hermaeus Mora (Dragonborn DLC)

While at the same time you are the fucking Dragonborn and don't owe anybody shit

And you can reach Sovengarde so that throws shit into even more confusion
>>
>>338909954
>Daggerfall was most likely Breton though I suppose.
I wouldn't necessarily think so, since the Emperor sends you to Daggerfall as his agent.

>Based on the southern border being the closest to Helgen I suppose either a Nord trying to leave Skyrim or an Imperial trying to enter it.
I'm not sure about the other backgrounds (I think some of them imply you were trying to enter Skyrim, but not all) but as a Nord they definitively state you were caught trying to come home to Skyrim.
>>
>>338910123
I suppose, but I usually associate the Empire with either Nords or Imperials. Though Orcs have been a figment of the Empire military for a while also.

Then again I'm not sure how the Great War affected the demographics of the Empire before the start of Skyrim. High Elves probably weren't too popular all things considered.
>>
>>338910043
>>338910123
>>338910237
>>338910347
>>338910432
>optional content not associated with the main quest
>being pertinent
The Last Dragonborn belongs to Herma-Mora. This is indisputable.
>>
>>338910664
But anon I don't want to get molested by tentacles of forbidden knowledge
>>
>>338910792
Guess you shouldn't have opened Sutter Cane's book, then.
>>
Every time I see one of these threads I go in believing I have at least a cursory understanding of the lore, and come out having no idea at all and thinking none of it makes any sense.
>>
File: Intro to Khajiit.jpg (2 MB, 1868x4350) Image search: [Google]
Intro to Khajiit.jpg
2 MB, 1868x4350
>>338911017
Here friend have this.

Also if you want some truly whacky lore look into C0DA
>>
>>338909886
the impression most people have is that they have snake bodies+vaguely asian looking heads, with some snake-ish features (eye colour, tongue, etc)
>>
>>338911325
c0da isn't actual lore

it's a euphemism for headcanon
>>
>>338911450
Well fuck. Shows how much I understand I guess.
>>
>>338910664
>optional content not associated with the main quest

You mean like downloadable content unrelated to the main quest?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.