[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the X-Men/Fantastic For Ban Being a Thing, Do You Still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
This should explain everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/4ixdmj/psa_if_mvc4_happens_in_the_near_future_there_wont/
>>
I mean to say Fantastic Four, damn auto-correct.
>>
im more into it for the capcom characters but i know those cucks won't want it without muh mags or muh doom

rip i guess
>>
>Not just calling it Avengers vs Capcom
>>
Guess they'll just use Super Skrull to cover the FF cast into one character again.

Like what >>338720483 said I'm more in it for the Capcom side
>>
>>338720968
There'd still be characters from Guardians of the Galaxy, Defenders, SHIELD, & Inhumans.
>>
>capeshit is a cancerous influence that ruins everything it touches
no shit sherlock
>>
>>338721053
Super-Skrull counts as a Fantastic Four character, so he's screwed as well.
>>
Does this mean we may get less mainstream marvel characters to replace them?
>>
>>338721065
>Inhumans
Fuck if they add Black Bolt...
>>
>>338721137
We'd probably have the likes of Vision replacing Cyclops, Groot replacing Sentinel, Scarlet Witch (if Capcom begs hard enough for her like they did for Shuma) to replace Phoenix, Black Panther to replace Wolverine, Captain Marvel to replace Rogue, Ms. Marvel to replace Super-Skrull, Loki to replace Doctor Doom, Ultron to replace Magneto, etc.
>>
>>338721225
I'd be shocked if they didn't. Him, Medusa, & Ms. Marvel are probably amongst the more popular Inhumans right now (well, them & now Quake).

I mean yeah, the movie got delayed due to Phase 3 getting overstuffed, but Phase 4 isn't THAT far off.
>>
>>338721243

I am completely fine with this, Doom and Magneto are really the only losses.
>>
This opens a lot of options for some new characters

Scarlet Witch
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Blade
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Ant Man
Winter Soldier
Wasp
Groot
Thanos
An Inhuman Blackbolt/Medusa
>>
So just from UMvC3, that means that Deadpool, Wolverine, Doom. X-23, Storm, Sentinel, Super Skrull, Phoenix and Magneto would be off-limits? There are quite a few names there that, if not in the next game, I could see people kicking up a major shitstorm over. Especially when you consider the series started off as X-Men vs. Street Fighter, removing all of those characters that are closely associated with the series is inevitably going to draw some ire.

It's not like they couldn't do another game without those characters, though it'd almost assuredly be heavily MCU inspired: I could see them taking some of Spencer's moves and using them to make the Winter Soldier. Either way they still wouldn't add in Mega Man.
>>
>>338721357
>any character exclusive to comics
>popular
Nobody reads comics. They're lucky to sell more than 10,000 copies of any given issue. Shit's laughable.
>>
>>338720880
we can finally dump cable, sentinel, storm, commando, gambit, venom and Cyclops
>>
>>338721545
Both Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver are only allowed on a case-by-case basis, with Lego Avengers being the only game to include either of the Maximoffs post-ban. If Capcom were to feature either of the Twins, they'd have to beg for them about as much as they begged for Shuma-Gorath.

You also forgot Star-Lord in your list.
>>
Why doesn't Marvel just buy back X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spiderman? Disney has unlimited money.
>>
>>338721690
Venom is safe, since this ban is only for X-Men & Fantastic Four characters (obviously, Venom & its numerous hosts are Spider-Man characters).
>>
>>338721719
if they do make another game i hope shuma comes back
>>
File: 1826005-xmvssfart.png (867 KB, 740x607) Image search: [Google]
1826005-xmvssfart.png
867 KB, 740x607
Most of the Marvel cast is Xmen characters.
The most popular and iconic marvel characters are Xmen characters.

Might as well make Capcom VS Capcom and just disregard marvel because wo Xmen its not a Marvel game.
>>
>>338721780
Fox & Sony refused to sell those rights to Marvel in fear of Marvel making another hit out of them (see Daredevil). Sony actually wised up & decided to share the rights with Marvel by having Marvel Studios make the Spider-Man movies for them in exchange for Marvel being able to use Spider-Man characters in their ensemble films. Fox is pretty much in a dick-fighting contest with Marvel, so we may not see a similar deal go down between those two anytime soon.
>>
>>338721719

I included Scarlet Witch because Marvel is definitely pushing the movie synergy. Scarlet Witch is their twin. Plus she's female and popular with normies.

Star Lord is a lock.
>>
I'd rather Marvel Super Heroes 2.
>>
>>338721794
I love Shuma solely because he's always been such a bizarre choice. MvC2 had Shuma without any other Dr.Strange character and most people had never even heard of him. Maybe the producer just likes him or something.
>>
>>338721861
Had this been 20 years ago, you would be right. But now, the X-Men (while still maintaining a fair amount of popularity) are nowhere near the Avengers or even the Guardians in terms of mainstream popularity. Hell, there's even kids who don't know who Cyclops is, while Rocket Raccoon is a household name. Of course, this could also be attributed to Marvel forcing the X-Men & F4 into obscurity, but that's just salt on the wound.
>>
>>338721919
Technically Marvel & Fox share both of the Twins, hence why both are only allowed on a case-by-case basis. There's a reason why you don't see Scarlet Witch in a ton of Marvel games outside of Lego Avengers & why you didn't see much of either her or Quicksilver in much of the AoU merchandise or cross-promotional stuff for games.
>>
>>338721131

No Galactus either then?
>>
>>338722739
Yup, no Galactus
>>
>>338720483
Isn't Marvel making shit tons of cash from the movies?
Why can't they just buy the rights or co-share them with Fox? They'll both profit, then.
>>
File: 1426070636171.jpg (43 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1426070636171.jpg
43 KB, 400x343
I can see Disney getting F4 + Doom in the near future no problem, but rip in peace deadpool, wolverine, magneto, etc.
>>
>>338722976
Because Fox has too much pride & doesn't want to give Marvel another hit like what happened with Daredevil.
>>
>>338723186
Actually, if Marvel were to get the Fantastic Four rights back from Fox before they lapse automatically in 7 years, it may be a back-door to Marvel & Fox mending their relationship, which could lead to Marvel lifting the X-Men/F4 video game ban.
>>
>>338723197
What does it literally matter if Marvel succeeds? And if they co-produce that shit, it'd be Fox's success too.
Honestly the idea of multiple companies is silly to me, they should all just merge into a giant super film company and control all media as a group
>>
>>338723347
Sadly, that's not how the industry works.
>>
>>338721131
>tfw he doesn't love you anymore
>>
>>338723302
We can only hope. It seems Deadpool singlehandedly saved x-men from getting sent back to Disney.

>>338723347
Some anon a while back mention that no CEO wants to be the CEO that gives any superhero rights back to Disney and watch it sell gangbusters because they would be viewed weak by investors and deposed immediately. It was something along the lines of that.
>>
>>338723508 is correct
>>338723347
Basically the issue with that is, you merge them together and you have to manage them all. That's a lot to manage. And who gets to decide who does what? No one wants to give up control of their stuff. Selfish as it may be, that selfishness is what keeps the world spinning and the cocks cooked.
While the situation with Marvel and Fox is absurdly frustrating, it's not the end of the world. Eventually Fox is going to bomb hard with F4 and they'll want to just get rid of it and make their cash back by selling it off, and then, we'll have our Super Skrulls back for Mahvel.
>>
File: linksmash4.jpg (61 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
linksmash4.jpg
61 KB, 500x281
>a marvel game without wolverine magneto and doom

what a joke. that'd be like a new smash game without link, captain falcon and ness.

if marvel is going to be autistic about it, fuck them and just make a general capcom crossover fighting game using mvc3's engine and gameplay.
>>
>>338723852
Maybe we can get Not-Wolverine, Not-Magneto and Not-Doom instead. Basically replacement OC's that are literally the same thing in everything but name and appearance.
>>
>>338723852
The problem with a Capcom crossover fighting game is that it'd be mostly filled with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man, & Devil May Cry characters. Having a popular company like Marvel to cross over with allows Capcom to get away with more obscure characters on their side of the roster. Even without the X-Men & Fantastic Four, the Avengers & the Guardians of the Galaxy are household names that can attract the attention of the average person (especially now with the hype surrounding the MCU being at an all-time high).
>>
>Marvel vs Capcom
get with the times grandpa
>>
what if another studio makes a Marvel fighting game? :c
Who would do it?

>>338723852
and turn down all that MCU money if given the chance?
Come on now.
>>
>>338724193
Disney's now actively looking for console game developers to license their IPs to following the failure of Disney Infinity, hence the renewed hope for MvC4 (since Disney may have lowered the price of the license low enough for Capcom to see regaining the Marvel license as a worthy investment).
>>
>>338724193
a lot of normies have ps4s
not exactly vs capcom, but an avengers fighting game could happen on console
>>
>>338724225
Injustice style Marvel game
>>
>>338724225
It wouldn't be NRS since they already have DC. There was a rumor of Team Ninja trying to get an Injustice-esque Marvel fighter happening, but the deal fell through a year or two ago (this came from a verified insider on NeoGAF). So yeah, Capcom may be the best option.
>>
Marvel let capcom access their entire repotoire for MvC3 and that only a year before the avengers came out, I am confident that they would do the same if MvC4 ever happened
>>
Ban?
>>
>>338720483
>No Doom, Cyclops or X-23

It's a loss, but Marvel has other characters.

And in order to plug in with the movies, the villain was probably going to be Thanos anyways, so no Galactus is no issue.
>>
>>338724520
The difference now is that Marvel has enacted a brand-wide ban for all games. If WB Games couldn't even get Wolverine for Lego Avengers, I doubt that Capcom would have better luck. The way Marvel allows characters is different than when (U)MvC3 was in development. Marvel's trying to do anything they can to screw over Fox, & the fans are being caught in the cross-fire.
>>
>>338724578
Read the link in the OP.
>>
This guy>>338721996 has the right idea. I mean shit, they're literally going to do Infinity War again so the timing is appropriate.

>>338724507
ASW could do Marvel just fine. And I'd like to see them do a tag fighter.
>>
>>338724520
Yeah ultimate mvc3 had mix of fighters on both sides that put a smile on my face. Deadpool, Phoenix wright, ghost rider, Arthur, and freaking iron fist! There were obscure character repped on both sides.
>>
>>338720483
I hate Fox so much. They completely ruined the X-men and the F4 with their bullshit. The last X-men movie was dogshit like expected, just give the rights back to marvel like Sony did with Spiderman, holy shit.
>>
>>338724757
Yes, but Marvel is now forcing every developer to do without the X-Men or Fantastic Four characters, & are forcing developers to jump through hoops to even use Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch. Things are different now.
>>
>>338724863
Sony never gave the Spider-Man movie rights back to Marvel, they just let Marvel Studios be the designated driver.
>>
>>338724668
I think capcom would have much better luck given their long relationship with marvel as well as wolverine being an iconic character in the vs series
>>
>>338724863
Sony didn't "give" shit, they're still in the deal.

Also, Fox will never do the same with X-men. F4 maybe because not even their brain-dead executives can deny that everything they do with the IP ends in failure, but this is the first in 4 X-men movies that gets a poor reception, so it's more like a hiccup than outright failure.

Sony had not done anything good with Spider-Man for years before they cut a deal with Marvel.

If Fox somehow convince themselves (and the actors involved) that F4ntastic 2 will happen, they'll probably sell Marvel the rights after they spend $100mi. on it again and see barely $10mil. back.
>>
>>338725000
That's just it, Marvel doesn't give a fuck, anymore. They just want to screw over Fox whenever they can. Capcom is in no position to negotiate, especially given that they're a bit on the penny-pinching side right now. The X-Men/F4 ban impacts every single video game made after Contest of Champions, & Capcom would be no exception. At best, they may be able to leverage their history with Marvel to get both of the Maximoff Twins, but that's it. Read the link in the OP to know more about the ban (if you haven't, already).
>>
>>338725210
I have the read link in OP and I'm still confident that it capcom would make the exception

Their financial situation on the other hand...
>>
>>338725210
I read that Marvel banned any X character aside from Wolverine (or just X23) until Capcom came up with the Dark Phoenix idea.
>>
Honestly I would only miss Doom and the possibility of a Psylocke return.
>>
>>338725354
Again, we had Lego Marvel sell gangbusters, yet WB Games couldn't secure the X-Men or the Fantastic Four for the next game (which was rumored to be the reason why they did Lego Avengers, instead). While Capcom's talent when it comes to making fighting games is still there, their brand awareness isn't as big as it once was. As such, they may not have much clout in trying to bypass a BRAND-WIDE VIDEO GAME BAN. Let me say that again, BRAND-WIDE, as in EVERY SINGLE NEW GAME MADE AFTER CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS. Not a single developer that gained their license after Kablam did was able to get past the ban so far (without only asking to remaster an older game). So yeah, Capcom's screwed.
>>
>>338725147
Jesus, corporations are huge cunts. Hopefully someone will hack Fox's servers like they did with Sony and drive them to desperation.
>>
>>338725390
This ban was enacted as of mid-2015, & anyone connected to the X-Men & Fantastic Four (sans the Maximoff Twins, who are only allowed on a case-by-case basis) cannot be in any new game made after Contest of Champions unless it's a remaster/port of a game initially made before the ban.

For example, Capcom can release a port of UMvC3 for PS4 & PC with the exact same roster. But if they do MvC4, they cannot use the likes of Wolverine, X-23, Deadpool, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, etc.
>>
>>338720483
>No X-Men
>No Fanta... Dr. Doom

Literally no point.
>>
>>338725760
As someone said earlier, the Avengers & the Guardians of the Galaxy alone would be enough to entice casual gamers. The problem would be the FGC, who would be more pissed off than Red Hulk once the ban impacts MvC4 (if it happens in the near future).
>>
File: original.gif (2 MB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
2 MB, 500x290
>>338721690
>Dumping Cyclops
>After he was already removed post-MvC2
>>
>>338725735
Well fuck. I still think they could do an Avengers fighter with the current available characters. Give Panther some of Wolverine's slashes, maybe Wanda could do chaos magic version of Mags stuff (no ROM combos for her though), Kamala could do some of the stretchy Skrull things (but sadly toned down).
>>
>>338726191
Getting Wanda may be a bit of an issue, since both her & Pietro have to be specifically sought after by developers. It's the reason why Lego Avengers have both Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch, while other games impacted by the ban don't feature either of the Maximoffs.
>>
>>338726293
Since a new Marvel fighter would clearly be MCU friendly, Wanda would have a higher chance of appearing. I'd love QS, specially since Capcom has yet to really do a speedster character, but he'd clearly be lower priority.
>>
File: 1450676688379.png (69 KB, 186x181) Image search: [Google]
1450676688379.png
69 KB, 186x181
>>338720483
I would a MvC4 more than anything but not having Wolverine, Storm, Sentinel, Magneto and Doom would be awful since they are staples from the series. I could live without Deadpool, even though he is part of my team
I would rather they make a Capcom fighter or Capcom vs Kellogs in the meantime while everything gets resolved
>>
>>338724520
You forgot however for ultimate marvel dictaded which characters would appear in the game.
They also went as far as to dictate some gameplay aspects like "doctor strange must be able to fly"
>>
The only thing I want from MvC4 is no X-Factor or any other blue shell mechanic.
>>
>>338726569
I'm not saying that I don't agree with you, I'm just saying that both Pietro & Wanda are on the same boat when it comes to how the recent video game ban has impacted them.
>>
I could live without MvC4.
Let capcom make a versus game with someone else.
Or better yet with only capcom characters. I'm sure capcom can get one character from one of it's many franchises to play like wolverine.
This ways it avoid any legal troubles that helped kill mvc3 in the first place.
>>
>>338720483

That logic is a little flawed, considering that a lot of those games are more related to the movies in look and style, especially the lego games are just lego adaptations of the movies.

By that logic, Marvel's mobile fighting games would not have X-Men in it either.

Marvel 4 will have X-Men characters if it happens.
>>
>>338726789
As stated earlier, the issue with Capcom going on their own is that they don't have very many mainstream franchises. You'd basically see more from Street Fighter & Resident Evil and less from Darkstalkers or Ghost & Goblins. Having a popular property such as Marvel gives Capcom the luxury of having more obscure characters since the likes of Iron Man, Spider-Man, & Rocket Raccoon would take care of getting the average person's attention.
>>
I find it pretty sad how marvel decisions revolve around movies rather than comics now to begin with, to the point of changing and neutering third party projetcs just to spite Fox.
>>
>juggernaut belongs to fox as part of x-men
GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>338726896
Contest of Champions was the last game to feature the X-Men or Fantastic Four characters before the ban was enacted. Also, TT supposedly did Lego Avengers because of the ban. On top of that, a good number of the games (Marvel Mighty Heroes for example) aren't movie-specific, & DeNA did confirm that a brand-wide ban on Fox characters was enacted by Marvel.
>>
>>338722097
Do kids these days still care about Spider Man? Avengers seems to be a way bigger deal.
>>
>>338727127
They do now thanks to Civil War.
>>
>>338726590
>>338726789
???
>>
File: 1396800014713.jpg (81 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1396800014713.jpg
81 KB, 419x480
>>338724116
>filled with mega man characters
>>
>>338726949
The average, comic book character casual person appeal is grossly overstated for fighting games. Mvc3 sold sub 2mil, ultimate sold like 500k. Both got dunked by other games of the time like mk9.
>>
>>338727127
Despite being trash ASM2 made crazy stacks of cash. And now that daddy Marvel has Spidey again, you bet kids still like him.
>>
>>338726971
Well, it's also hard to blame them. The big comics industry has been teetering on the verge of death for years and then suddenly Disney flies in on gossamer wings and saves Marvel with a rapid fire succession of blockbusters. Even the bad ones do well, and the comics still aren't moving good enough figures. I'm a little sad, too, as I grew up with the comics(I was a huge X-Men fan, so was my dad back in his day) but this feels better than seeing our modern mythologies closing their doors for good.
>>
File: 1447429095355.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447429095355.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>338726971
Because movies are made for a way bigger audience and comic fans, judging by their history, will still buy shit no matter how much they piss them off or how awful it is
If I had to choose I would do the same if I was the head of Marvel to be quite honest with you senpai
>>
>>338727185
>Capcom vs jump
>A game with 20 Dark Phoenixes
No thank you
>>
>>338727259
MvC3 actually sold 2.4 million, while UMvC3 sold 1.2 million.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
>>
File: 1463981348308.png (14 KB, 230x384) Image search: [Google]
1463981348308.png
14 KB, 230x384
>>338727373
>Every single character from Shonen is Dark Phoenix
Oh man, I would love to see that shitshow
>>
>>338727209
I was mainly listing off Capcom's few mainstream franchises. And judging by the incoming Mega Man cartoon next year, a revival for the franchise may not be far behind.
>>
Nevermind marvel, after the shitshow that was SFV I doubt capcom would make anothr fighting game anytime soon.
>>
>>338727259
Which is why I feel that someone (read:EA) will jump on the hero shooter wagon with Marvel for the release of Infinity War. They could just rip that old Avengers FPS that THQ was doing.
>>
>>338727791
Capcom actually noted that the reason for the less-than-expected sales of SFV was because of the lack of modes at launch. They didn't blame the viability of fighting games right now. And to be fair, SFV didn't miss the mark by that much (1.4 million compared to their expected 2 million). They'll probably hit 2 million in the next few months, anyway.
>>
>tfw I feel like I'm the only person who likes Cyclops
>>
>>338721919
> Scarlet Witch
> Also Chthon-Witch as shotoclone.
>>
I like how there is already roster discussion of a game that was never announced and probably never will be.
>>
>>338728026
Let us dream
>>
File: capcom_vs_snk_3.png (319 KB, 941x720) Image search: [Google]
capcom_vs_snk_3.png
319 KB, 941x720
>>338720483
>Capeshit doesn't ahve to be the vs groupe anymore
Thank fucking god
Capcom vs SNK 3 when?
>>
>>338728118
Wake up. Smell the ashes.
Welcome to hell.
>>
>>338721545
Imagine how funny it would be to have Antman in a fighting game?
>>
>>338720483
there's no way they wouldn't try to put in Deadpool because meme fans
and Wolverine and Magneto would probably end up being the only other reps for
Fantastic Four we'd be lucky to get Doom
one thing about Marvel without X-Men and F4 is that they have NO good villains to use
>>
>>338727941
>1.4 million compared to their expected 2 million
I'm actually surprised that they set their goals to something reasonable
Knowing Capcom they would have expected 8 million out of SF or else they trash the series
>>
>>338728248
no
>>
>>338721545
Every one other then Blade is shit
and we had Ghost Rider already
>>
>>338728263
Well thanks to the ban set by Marvel, Capcom wouldn't have a choice on the matter.
>>
>>338728571
pretty much, don't even want a MvC4 if this has to be the case honestly
>>
File: Cyclops.jpg (32 KB, 360x515) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops.jpg
32 KB, 360x515
>>338727948
You aren't. Scott Summers will always be the leader and the face of the X-men to me.
>>
Honestly, from a purely film standpoint, I prefer X-Men and the rest of Marvel to be separate. The biggest issue with the Avenger films is that there's just too many damn characters vying for screen time. Add in a roster as bloated as the X-Men, and the problem goes supernova.

It's obviously fucking everything up on the vidya side of things, but the films would be even more of an absolute clusterfuck if all those characters were suddenly thrown into the mix together.
>>
>>338721861
We are not in the 90s anymore m8
The most iconic Marvel hero nowadays is Iron Man
>>
>>338720880
capcom needs to use some of their lesson known charaters i've been wanting sengoku basara and power stone characters for ages,the capcom side of MvC3 is boring and filled with nothing but expected picks
>>
File: 1456642447676.png (602 KB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
1456642447676.png
602 KB, 963x720
Honest question, what's stopping the MCU from introducing major X-Men like Storm, Wolverine Cyclops, etc, while adjusting their origins to fit the universe/avoid copyright trouble like they did with Scarlet Witch?

If they really wanted to, they could easily introduce Storm in the Black Panther movie.
>>
>>338728905
It's clearly Captain America tho. the latest movie was a CA circlejerk while making Iron Man go full I AM SILLY
>>
They can't afford to cut out Wolverine though, maybe Doom as well but I would be fine with it. MvC2 might as well have been Marvel vs X-Men 2.
>>
>>338729346
Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver were explicitly named as characters that are shared between Marvel & Fox due to their history with the Avengers & the X-Men. The others are explicitly tied to their company (I.E. Storm is exclusively with Fox).

That being said, Disney heavily modified Lord Deathstrike, an X-Men villain, for Big Hero 6. But considering that it was an animated movie, there may have been loopholes for that specific instance.
>>
>>338729523
As stated earlier, Capcom wouldn't have a choice. Wolverine was explicitly named amongst the banned characters, as was Doctor Doom. So yeah, if Capcom renewed the Marvel license, they would have to make do without Wolverine or Doom.
>>
>>338729523
What about Sentinel or Pringles Magneto? they are just as important
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x612
>capeshit film universe ruining chances of Marvel 4
I don't even care for Marvel's cast personally, I just want another Capcom fighter that I can fuck dudes up with Nemesis again.
Capcom All Stars when?
>>
>>338729647
They're also screwed.
>>
File: gan.jpg (236 KB, 850x804) Image search: [Google]
gan.jpg
236 KB, 850x804
T V C 2
V
C
>>
>>338729365
Eitherway, it isn't a X-Men
>>
>>338725601
I still have confidence it would happen
now please take your reddit thread and leave
>>
FUCK MARVEL!

what we need is SVC3!
>>
>>338729598
What about other heroes not in the MCU but film rights held by other companies like Blade, Ghostrider, etc?
>>
>>338729873
Poorly-placed confidence, but whatever. History aside, Capcom doesn't have the influence they once had, so the odds of them being the sole exception for a brand-wide ban are very, very slim. It'd be a miracle if they even got either of the Maximoff Twins.
>>
Id rather a new CvS game. Or maybe even a CvC game since Capcom has such a huge fucking cast line to pick from.

MVC games have never been good though. 3 is a shit show and MVC2 was just 7 characters the game with shit stages/music. Origins was okay but still very mediocre. Its like they took the crazy of air dash fighters but none of the fundamentals and made a game out of it where retarded meta and the most broken shit reign absolute.

With all that i enjoyed all of them to a degree but they aren't great games. Hell i enjoyed UMVC3 somewhat and played a Nemesis based team and that was terrible. But they're still shit.
>>
>>338729963
Those reverted back to Marvel. Hell, there's word of Ghost Rider and Blade Netflix series
>>
>>338729963
Both Ghost Rider & Blade have gone back to Marvel Studios, with rumors circulating that both characters will receive a MCU Netflix series.
>>
>>338727185
i would buy this but im sure it's not going to have anyone from shaman king
>>
Who else could pull a colaboration with Capcom? Bamco again? Nintendo? Atlus? Sega?
>>
>>338720483
So does this ban mean no more X-Men being added to Marvel Heroes or no X-Men/Fantastic 4 related events?
>>
>>338730148
Given Nintendo's relationship with Capcom, we could see an NvC game. As for Atlus, they're under Sega now, so they'd be lumped with Sega vs. Capcom.
>>
>>338728128
i dont want this if nearly all the SNK characters end up being shit
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 225x350
>mfw they make all the Marvel chars designs reflect the film universe
>mfw they make Capcom pay big bucks for the actual actors to voice roles
>mfw they cut Doom for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D chars
It's a nightmare just waiting to happen.
Yes I'm still mad about abc cancelling Castle.
>>
>>338730047
>>338730112
Oh ok

In that case MvC4 could still work, at worst Capcom just reuses older movesets for newer appropriate characters
>>
>>338730172
Gazillion was smart enough to get their license before the ban. So until 2019 (when Gazillion has to renew their license), they can add whoever they want & do whatever events they want for Marvel Heroes.

Read the link for more info.
>>
>>338727185
This on paper sounds like the best crossover but if you think about it they would get one character from each series to maximize franchises and the game would end up like SvC having too many Shotos.
>>
>>338730240
I'm surprised people actually watched Peggy carter, agents, etc.
>>
>>338729963
The rights to Blade and Ghost Rider reverted back to Marvel (along with Daredevil and Punisher, obviously), no one could be bothered dumping cash into churning out flicks anymore which was the only way they could keep the rights. Marvel is trying to starve out Fox by reducing exposure for the properties they own the licenses to and it might work for Fantastic Four, but X-Men and Deadpool are probably not gonna be back for a looong time.
>>
>>338730240
Nah, but they'll force Capcom to get sound-alikes for the Marvel characters (I.E. the voice actors in the recent cartoons such as Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, & Guardians of the Galaxy). Though Roger Craig Smith voicing both Cap & Chris, Troy Baker voicing Hawkeye, Loki, & Nova, and Laura Bailey voicing both Black Widow & Chun-Li may be a problem.
>>
>>338720483
This seems like sensationalist news.
They got in Lego Marvel no problemo
>>
>>338730334
SHIELD got good near the end of Season 1 onwards, while Agent Carter ended up being a surprise hit. It's a shame that the latter got cancelled after Season 2.
>>
>>338720483
I'd want certain X-Men characters too much.
>>
>>338730487
Lego Marvel Super Heroes was made before the ban was put in place, which clearly impacted Lego Avengers. Rumor has it that Lego Avengers was a thing instead of Lego Marvel 2 as a result of the ban.
>>
>>338730493
Isn't Agent Carter going to Netflix with Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones and the future Iron Fist show?
>>
>>338730362
What about Spider-Man? I know Sony is still making the movie but what's the extent of the compromise reached with Disney?
>>
>>338730598
That's what people want (myself included), but nothing has been confirmed right now.
>>
>>338730574
And why would the ban happen sometime during 2014 or 215 and not way earlier? Disney owned Marvel for a while and Fox owning X-Men movies way before that.

The only source we have is from DeNA, and for all we know, marvel wants them to hold off for some big X-Men themed expansion
>>
File: 1456806285754.jpg (36 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1456806285754.jpg
36 KB, 346x406
>Trying to make parts of your franchises less popular because Fox holds the movie licenses for them

Top fucking jew. Is the MCU the only thing Marvel cares about now?
>>
>>338730610
Marvel & Sony reached an agreement to share Spider-Man. In exchange for Marvel Studios producing the Spider-Man films for Sony, Marvel can use Spidey & his other characters in the ensemble MCU films.
>>
>>338730610
I don't think the exact details are known, but Sony is pretty much licensing Spider-Man back to Marvel Studios every time something from his universe is used in an MCU flick and I guess they get residuals. I don't know how that affects the original licensing deal, like whether Civil War or Homecoming keeps the license in Sony's hands. Amy Pascal is involved in Homecoming though.
>>
>>338730610
Sony still "owns" the movie rights, but Marvel Studios is making the movie and can use Spidey in the MCU (as seen with CW)
>>
>>338730679
If there was some theoretical X-Men expansion for Marvel Mighty Heroes, it would have happened by now. Instead, more & more games have left out the X-Men & Fantastic Four. It all leads back to games being released after Contest of Champions being impacted.
>>
>>338730716
It's not Marvel, it's Disney.
>>
>>338730716
Yes.
It has been that way for a while.
>>
>>338730412
It happened in MVC3
Michelle Ruff voices Jill Valentine and Crimson Viper but she just voiced Crimson Viper and got someone else to do Jill for MVC3
>>
>>338730739
So the final hurdle is buying X-Men off of Fox or making some deal.
>>
>>338730716
>Wanting the Marvel characters in the hands of anyone but Marvel

Whether you like comic book movies/shows or not Fox has done horribly with Marvels IPs.
>>
So we're Days of Future Past and Age of Apocalypse any good? I liked First Class but haven't seen any X-men movies since
>>
>>338727185
That crossover would be money.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom was fucking sex, Jump vs Capcom can also be sex.
>>
>>338721243
Is be fine with this, there are plenty of characters that could fill their niches

I'd only really miss Doom
>>
>>338730919
Pretty much, could conveniently pave way for Avengers vs X-men or House of M
>>
>>338721243
Sounds good to me.

The only loss is Gambit and Wolverine.
>>
>>338730884

Michelle Ruff didn't voice Jill until Resident Evil: Revelations, which was made AFTER the MvC3 games. Jill was voiced by Kari Wahlgren in MvC3 & UMvC3.
>>
>>338727948
>tfw they made modern Cyclops a bad guy cause you can't have a cis-gendered boy scout as the good guy anymore

Fuck Marvel.
>>
File: image.png (356 KB, 629x643) Image search: [Google]
image.png
356 KB, 629x643
>>338730716
>an MCU movie will never get bad reviews because Tumblr and normies eat up the shitty gags and shipping garbage, on top of having beautiful people playing superhero roles
Age of Ultron literally put me to sleep, and when I woke up, it was bad special effects, an unsatisfying ending, and people applauded for it.
I need to deck my friend for making me waste $10 on that ticket.
>>
>>338730937
DoFP was pretty good, while Apocalypse was....eh. Not offensively bad like BvS, but nowhere near Civil War good.
>>
>>338731029
I would really love to see House of M on screen.

I wonder how the movie-verse will handle Wanda's reality bending powers, if at all.
>>
>>338731071
CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT
>>
>>338730974
Here's the thing
Capcom vs Jump would literally print money nonstop for capcom and would be the most popular crossover fighting game ever.
But Jump can just make their 17° shitty arena combat game and get just as much and keep it all.
>>
>>338730919
That's the problem, Fox has too much pride for that to happen. They won't sell the rights since no CEO wants to be the CEO that gives Disney another billion-dollar hit. And the pride thing is likely why a deal has yet to be reached (at least with the higher-ups, the likes of Bryan Singer are down to work with Feige & the rest of Marvel Studios).
>>
>>338731071
Thank you based Rightclops
>>
>>338730412
>They get the guy who voices Master Chief to be Star-Lord like he did in the Avengers cartoon
>>
>>338721780
I have a feeling Fox will sell off FF soon, even they have to realize they can't make any money off that

But X-Men will never escape their clutches
>>
>>338731237
I don't think anyone will buy a Capcom fighting game after the train wreck that is SF5
>>
>>338731168
They haven't touched it yet. Maybe with Strange.
>>
>>338720483
It's alright, Doom and maybe Magneto are the only cool characters out of the bunch.
>>
>>338721861
This was true maybe 10 years ago
>>
>>338731330
Nope, Star-Lord is currently voiced by Will Friedle (who voiced Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond) in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon.
>>
>>338731045
Oh ok then, didn't know that
Now that I think about it the same dude who did Dr Doom also did Shuma Gorath in MvC3 maybe it could work, but then again Troy Baker and Laura Bailey only have 1 voice
>>
>>338730937
DoFP was awesome, but the ending was kind of messy. Still a really great movie.
>>
>>338730927
They fail on their own with the exception of Deadpool, which was fine to say the least. There's no need for Disney/Marvel to fuck over their franchises just so people wont go watch their shitty movies.
>>
>>338731350
You would be surprised what people will stomach for a game with Goku and Luffy on the cover.
>>
>>338731237
But it gives Jump more exposure if they have a vs game with Capcom.

The problem in the west is that many of Jump properties are licensed to different studios.
>>
>>338731492
It's the exact same problem that plagued TvC, & I think it even costed us one character when TvC got localized.
>>
>>338731331
If they sell back F4, I wonder if Marvel would aim to make it a Netflix series instead, after it flopped as a movie too many times.
>>
>>338731409
The 90's were 20 years ago
>>
>>338731629
Fuck.
>>
>>338731367
Strange was the one who originally told the Avengers that Wanda's powers have nothing to do with magic.
>>
>>338731563
But we got 5 in return, including based Joe.
>>
>>338731590
Don't underestimate the selling power of the MCU. If anyone can revive the F4 on the big screen, it's Marvel.
>>
>>338720483
>linking to reddit
>>
File: YES.gif (979 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
YES.gif
979 KB, 500x278
>>338721545
>ghost rider
>>
>>338731168
My logic was that she has mental blocks holding her back from becoming truly OP.
>>
The Fantastic Four just sucks. period. Doom is the only noteworthy thing to come out of it
>>
>>338731743
ghost rider already was in mvc3 though
>>
>>338731119
it'll make money, but damn, AoU was kind of naff
actually, a good half (or at least third) of all the MCU films have been lame to crap

>>338730004
>Capcom vs Capcom
I'd absolutely love this.

>>338729365
in terms of being pushed, Marvel wants Cap more
in terms of random people on the street, Iron Man is what's up

>>338731563
I'm still completely floored that we managed to get TvC in the west.
I loved watching Battle of the Planets as a kid
>>
>>338729365
>the latest movie was a CA circlejerk

Well it was his fucking movie

Also Iron Man is a faggot
>>
File: 1448940797063.jpg (45 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
1448940797063.jpg
45 KB, 639x960
>>338721861
>most popular and iconic marvel characters are Xmen characters.
>>
>>338731417
Lucina sounds literally nothing like Rise and both sound literally nothing like Kid Trunks.
Troy can stay in his AAA garbage tho.
>>
>>338720483
i dont want a mvsc4 what i want is a relaunch of mvc3 for ps4, xbone and pc, with a balance patch and maybe a couple of new characters, is that much to ask?
>>
>>338731417
Laura Bailey & Troy Baker have range. The problem is that Troy Baker's Nova sounds similar to his Hawkeye. Laura Bailey could get away with doing both Chun-Li & Black Widow since Laura's Chun is at a slightly higher octave.
>>
>>338732217
They can't really touch UMvC3 now thanks to the ban (even if Capcom regains the license to re-release the game).
>>
>Disney buys all media companies
>get back the x-men
>MvC4
>huge cast, MvC2 style
>all X-Men return
>All F4 characters too
>Nova is a kid and not Dick Rider
>X-23 is wolverine
>Thor is a girl
>>
No psylock?
Fuckkkkkk. Mvc3 was utter shit anyway. Still play mvc2 on my d Dreamcast instead.
>>
>>338732107
Lucina is just Rise trying to sound tough. I could still tell Lucina was Laura Bailey immediately
You are right about Kid Trunks. I forgot that she voiced him but I personally wouldn't consider it a positive because I hate how raspy and annoying she makes him sound
>>
>>338732425
Marvel did let Gazillion make Richard Rider the default Nova in Marvel Heroes, so that's probably the only thing that Marvel may budge on as far as fan demand goes.
>>
>>338732425
They could always use Old Man Logan.
>>
WHENS NAMOR HOLY SHIT WHY HAS IT TAKEM SO LONG FOR HIM TO BE IN ANYTHING?
>>
>>338732773
Namor is likely also banned due to the legal three-way surrounding him (with his rights being split between Marvel, Fox, & Universal).
>>
>>338726145
Most of those characters weren't in MvC3
>>
>>338732060
fact: wolverine is the one character that has appeared in every single marvel fighting game capcom has made
>>
File: NailToHead.jpg (34 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
NailToHead.jpg
34 KB, 366x380
>>338720483
>dipshits linking reddit as if all this info is only obtainable from there

Fuck you, and go away, if you follow the bullshit ownership deals on this stuff you would have known MvC ain't something you are gonna be able to give a shit about ever again. Some jackass going on like it's NEW TO YOU WOWIE ZOWIE is as bad as those fuckers on youtube trying to give you the facts on something they only just heard about when it was popping off for years beforehand.
>>
>>338732924
not really a surprise, wolverine is the only good character in that entire universe
>>
>>338732773
Literally who
>>
>>338727127
Spider-Man sells more merch than any other super hero in the world by a large margin.

It's safe to say the kids like him
>>
>>338733012
I actually did most of the research myself, looking at the games made after Contest of Champions & how each of them were impacted.
>>
>>338732924
Magneto?
>>
>>338732838
Fuck, he'll never be in anything at this rate. Why does Universal own part of the rights? For rides/attractions?
>>
>>338732773
Universal has the rights for some stupid reason.
>>
Its like people are forgeting based sexy psylock , we wont get her now.. she was popluar as fuck back in the day because of mvc 2.
>>
>>338733173
not in marvel super heroes vs street fighter
>>
>>338733206
No one forgot her, she's amazing.

I'm iffy about her casting in this new movie. On one hand, she's finally in a movie. On the other, it's fucking Olivia Munn...
>>
>>338732581
Marvel really wanted them to use Dead Son, but none of the players wanted him. Gaz ended up putting it to a vote, where Richard won by massive landslide.
Marvel, for some reason, thinks this isn't indicative to how people feel about Sam in comics and cartoons as well.
>>
MvC4 will never happen to begin with
lmao
>>
>>338733035
>not really a surprise, wolverine is the only good character in that entire universe
You are forgeting jubilee, best girl.
>>
>>338733450
But the fact that Marvel let Gazillion put it to a vote does indicate that Marvel is willing to let the fans decide concerning Nova in video games. But yeah, I'm surprised that Marvel didn't relent for Sam (since his comics aren't selling & he stopped showing up in the cartoons).
>>
>>338733454
As stated earlier, Disney has reverted to their old way of licensing out properties. The only real issue now is if Capcom is willing to pay whatever they're asking for to regain the Marvel license.
>>
>>338733353
sometimes i forget how many of those there were
>>
>>338730785
Wasn't she fired?
>>
File: 1463028591166-co.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463028591166-co.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>this entire thread
>literally 0 people give a fuck about Thor

hilarious
>>
>>338733628
I thought he was still in USM, which is ending now anyways.
They'll probably put him in GotG when that show is over.
>What? We copied the movie exactly and Novas are powerless pussies here too?
>Fuck it, this is Jeph Loeb's dead son. He can have all the powers he wants
Richard crushed Sam in everything. Toy sales, comic sales, even video games. I have no clue why Marvel doesn't give up after 4 years of this
>>
>>338730207
The thing about NvC is you know Nintendo would demand it be an exclusive, and there's just not enough money to be made there
>>
>>338733865
Beta Ray Bill is the only thing of worth to come from Thor, and the role of Beta Ray Bill in Ragnarok will be played by Hulk
You can see why nobody cares
>>
>>338733865
imo Thor was always kinda dull.
>>
File: Tatsunoko_Vs_Capcom_box_artwork.png (156 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Tatsunoko_Vs_Capcom_box_artwork.png
156 KB, 250x353
>>338733921
wouldnt be the first time
>>
>>338720483
Doom will be missed. And they fucked up when Cyclops didn't appear in MvC3 anyway.

So, literally who cares. They should add Daredevil already for my attorney trinity.
>>
I'm kinda buttmad Spidey is less popular than the avengers now.

Spidey is the best. When are they going to let good writers write Spidey stories again?
>>
>>338733921
>there's not enough money from two companies with widely loved IPs coming together
>>
>>338734001
Wait really?

Fuuuuck
>>
>>338726971
honestly, a lot of it is sheer access
other than dedicated comic shops and ordering, you can't really get comics, I don't see Marvel and DC and whatever in the shop (say, a grocery) for a kid to just pick up and put in the cart and read, and considering how popular the movies are, I'm surprised comic companies haven't made a push to actually fucking be on store shelves to take advantage of that

>>338734126
literally only because there haven't been good Spider-Man movies
>>
>>338734126
Bendis has no intention of stopping with Miles, and Slott wants to write Spider-Man longer than any other writer.
So you have to wait for Bendis to fuck off with one of his pet characters, which will never happen, THEN you have to wait another 8 or 9 years for Slott to get what he wants
>>
>>338733393

Expect to be disappoint then. She doesnt do anything worth while and has 2 maybe 3 lines in the entire movie.

Also

> energy katana becomes energy whip
>>
>>338734126
When they get Bruce Campbell back
>>
>>338734126
After Slott achieves his goal of being the longest running Spidey writer ever. Which would require him to continue writing for something like 10+ years after Bendis stops, and Bendis is still going, so we're stuck with him.
>>
>>338734126
Spider-Man still sells more merchandise than Superman, Batman, & all of Marvel's heroes combined.
>>
>>338734423
Psy whip instead of psy katana?
Fuck no.
>>
>>338734443
I think he wants to be longest running Amazing Spider-man writer ever. 10 years of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man doesn't count, prolly.
>>
>>338733191
Universal has distribution rights, like with Hulk.
>>
>>338734729
Ultimate is no longer a thing and Miles is now just Spider-Man. No adjectives
>>
File: marvel-vs-capcom-wallpaper-best.jpg (996 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
marvel-vs-capcom-wallpaper-best.jpg
996 KB, 1920x1080
>>338734126
Remember when Spidey was the most popular and the original MvC was aware of it?
Neither do I
>>
>>338732924
anyone else remember how shit would sell like twice as much if Wolverine was in it

it's just good business sense
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.