[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you playing WoW? It still has the best raiding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: logo.png (2 MB, 1024x1019) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
2 MB, 1024x1019
Why aren't you playing WoW? It still has the best raiding and PvP.

Well, what would make you play it?
>>
Vanilla and TBC servers.
>>
I am tho

Leveling my warlock. Line up secondary objectives in draenor, pop an elixir and go from 92-100 in an hour.

Someone help me.
>>
File: dank critique.png (73 KB, 669x601) Image search: [Google]
dank critique.png
73 KB, 669x601
OP here. I got the free gametime promotion, but I probably won't sub because I can't be arsed leveling 9 more characters to max level to enjoy the diverse class gameplay. I'm already bored of queueing my hunter and rogue for PvP, probably because the only reasonable queue times are through Mercenary mode (playing for the other faction), and Horde is absolute shit at PvP. I'm pretty sure we lost every game.

Here's some fuel for the other side.
>>
>>338708758
Nothing. It was always pretty shit and flawed by design.
>>
>what would make you play it?

corecraft
>>
World PvP has been dead since BC and so has my interest in playing.
>>
>>338709027
>no more random weather

Serious? Why would they take out something like that? Did that only apply to new zones?
>>
>>338709147
Soon.
>>
Got bored after killing Garrosh mythic or whatever it was at the end of siege of orgrimmar. only played the game to raid and chat shit with friends, and their new raiding model looked annoying with all the different modes, plus iirc some of the class changes annoyed me. and I had stuff to do irl couldn't commit to 6 days of raiding at set times again
>>
>>338708758
maybe relevant dungeons for gearing and shit, LFR is just a cakewalk and I want to do some PVE during the days when people are not raiding
>>
>>338708758
I am. Leveling alts through RAF right now, and RPing occasionally in evenings because AD EU is overfilled with it these last few months; it's prime time to play really.
>>
I have enough in game gold to pay for a month. Should I do it now or wait for the prerelease event. I plan to buy Legion.
>>
Just waiting for legion at this point. WoD was disappointing like MoP. Difference is this actually seems cool. Lots of the best parts of WoW lore happening at once
>>
I'M LEVELING a priest atm its fun

the only class that i still haven't maxed is priest and shaman

i fucking hate shamans, i can't play that piece of shit
>>
>>338709027
>image
Oh boy let's see.

>random weather
Still happens. Shit like areas raining half of the entire day doesn't happen anymore, but there's still raining and snowing and shit everywhere.
>day/night
Nights just aren't as dark as they're supposed to be. They said they were fixing it but that didn't seem to happen?
>world feels dead argument
At least on AD EU, the world is as alive as it ever was. People are everywhere, doing everything, especially if you're into RP. On one of the recent alts I leveled I decided to quest my way up to 60 and I saw people of both factions in every zone I went through, rather frequently too. And WoW is currently the most "inactive" it's been.
>profs
I agree.
>caring about rarity in fucking cosmetics and boa
what

>boosts aren't bad
>then don't equip them
>how is this a bad thing?!
>most people are fine with them
>your reason should be that you enjoy the game...
>new PvP system isn't bad
>rifts are great
>LFR doesn't show you everything
>>
>>338709912
if i haven't used any boas I would never know that the most fun class (at least for me) is warlock
>>
File: 1455434050192.jpg (569 KB, 2000x1900) Image search: [Google]
1455434050192.jpg
569 KB, 2000x1900
>>338709912
>there are actually people this delusional
>>
>>338709027
>Cosmetic items and BoA means items only have artificial rarity, created by removing content
What does he mean by this?

Is he saying that items aren't actually rare.. You just can't farm them because of raid lockouts?
>>
>>338709734
>1 month
>>
>>338709912
>then don't equip [heirlooms]
>and get kicked from dungeons for shit DPS
>>
>>338708758
Might start playing again for legion if a friend of mine recreates a guild we used to have. What i miss is having a semi-serious guild with a leader that doesn't shit on its members.
>>
>>338711286
Have you had a leader who shat on your members?
>>
>>338708758
No
>>
>>338713115
Yes. Admit it. If even a decent group would play together.. /v/ or whatever.. WoW would be super entertaining.
>>
File: dank mayaka.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dank mayaka.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
I used to play WoW for the pvp until I realized how fucking dumb that was on a fundamental level and moved back to games that are actually designed around that concept, like Quake and fighting games
>>
>>338708758
>Well, what would make you play it?
No monthly payments, not having to do the same dungeon 50 times before you had access to raiding gear, no "optimal builds" but ways to make every level build work, remove that item that lets you escape any entrapment/stun and has a 5m cooldown or some shit.
>>
>>338714003
Quake and fighting games are nothing like WoW PvP. All 3 are completely unique genres.
>>
>>338708758

>best raiding

That was Wildstar, easily.
>>
>>338709205
No weather or day/night in any zone. Blizzard broke it during the Cataclysm "upgrade" and have never been able to fix it because their code monkeys are primarily unpaid inters.
>>
>>338714556
yes, but the difference is that WoW pvp will always be shit by default because it's designed around a lootgrind MMO
>>
>check mail
>apparently got WoD for free + 7 days
>think this is some retarded scam since blizz can't be that desperate for subs so I check the forums
>its actually legit
still not gonna play it
>>
>>338708758
If you took away my job, my wife, my family, and erased everything I have done to put my life back together for the last 5 years since I quit, left me without a shred of hope for the future or will to carry on, yet still gave me enough money to pay a subscription, my utilities, rent, and necessities, THEN we could talk about fixing the absolute train wreck wow has become since icecrown.
>>
>>338715638
Lootgrind has nothing to do with the basic PvP mechanics except how much damage is taken, which is irrelevant if playing from the start of the xpac (or after a few hours).
>>
The only way I'm ever going back to WoW is legacy servers. Retail is way too far gone to be redeemed.
>>
>>338716631
>as if there's a better MMO
>>
>>338709027

I have more than 55% win ratio as Horde, git gud I guess. Or play premades.
>>
>>338715165
I heard them throw around the excuse that weather had adverse effects on performance despite being something that causes no adverse effects on performance and in fact can just about be completely turned off in vanilla.

them just breaking the weather system and not wanting to fix it seems more likely though.
>>
>>338717141
yeah, private servers
>>
>>338709734
Wait for the 25th so you can get your movie transmog items
>>
>>338708823
You think you want this, but you don't.
>>
>>338709734
where is this from?
>>
>>338709751
Been playing through cata and mop, just got into wod now. It feels like the game wouldn't be that bad if it were a single player action rpg. As an mmo it is an abyssmal mess though.

Or maybe i just have a hardon for base building and phased events.
>>
Legacy servers.
Pure vanilla.
Old patches.
No cash shop.
No paid services.
Final destination
>>
I do kinda miss it. I was really fucking good at DPS. like almost always 99+percentile for my class, spec and ilvl. I out DPS full mythic dudes, in my mostly heroic gear. My raid awareness wasn't amazing though, so I never even bothered getting into a top tier guild. It was pretty neat being god-tier in a mid-tier guild.
>>
Just started replaying for a bit, and one of the thing annoying me is not having fundamental class abilities available to all specs, and the changing of abilities based on what spec you're in. That was one of the important aspects of talent trees: knowing how you were changing your abilities and what bonuses you were getting. Now, the whole process is weirdly streamlined, like they said "everyone should just know how their spec works" without explaining why one ability now does something different depending on whatever spec you're in at the moment. Its like selecting a healing spec, and rather than being better at healing, they start taking away abilities so you don't get confused and accidentally try to DPS something.
>>
File: 1920w.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1920w.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1440
I actually miss the vanilla PvP. It was both the expansion where geared people became insanely powerful compared to those whitout epics, and the expansion where you had the most tools to take down an enemy who is much more powerful than you. When you opened on a t3 mage with nothing but dungeon blues and a frost reflector to your name, AND you managed to wreck his shit, you felt like a fucking giant slayer.
>>
>>338708758

Nope, they should of resetted the world at Catalysm, blew it up and removed Outland and Northrend for the game.

Having those in the game made the main branch dysfunctional as first they talk about deathwing all the time and suddenly at 60-80 they don't talk about him.

if they were gonna redo the whole world they should of just reset it remove outland and northrend and made Cata into the new base expansion sure it would piss people off who couldnt get their invincible, get their mirrons head and so forth but who cares they are just cosmetic rewards and people don't whine about the pvp world.

Then that would of made the game a whole lot better as then they could concentrate on 1 game with 3 mini expansions instead of 2 MAJOR games with 5 mini expansions (anything that alters the main conitent should be considered as a Game change).

Then they could of reused half the raids again, like Ahn Qiraqi where old gods ressurrect with a new insect army and you fight both Cthun and Yogg sauron together

and we do black rock mountain etc instead of the pile of shit tack on crap.
>>
File: Holding Head.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
Holding Head.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
>2016
>The queue system is still broken
Queue as a tank, then wait fifteen minutes in queue? What the hell is wrong with my server?
>>
>>338718635
>shilling for more content removal
How does it feel to be even more retarded than blizzard?
>>
I really miss tanking.
How is it shaping up to be in lejun?
>>
>>338708758
Stuff to do that isn't raiding or pvp. I hate grinding for the privilege of grinding some more
>>
>>338708758
Because they're doing rolling restarts right now and my realm just got hit.
Only have 18 hours to get my mains prepared for copying over to the PTR so I can continue playing for free until a week or two after Legion launch.
>>
>>338708758
>>338719109
*18 hours until my 7-day promo is over
>>
>>338709734
I love how much of a chucklefuck he is, still waiting to see him destroy Jaina.
DISMANTLE THE CRAZY BITCH, KHADGAR
DO IT, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!
>>
>>338719109
>prepared for copying over to the PTR
How?

Does it require beta invitation?
>>
>>338720315
It's an opt-in in your Battlenet account options. Might have to wait a while, might get the confirmation email within a few days.
Once your account gets flagged for PTR access you gain access to another menu which lets you do character copies from your live account. Even if your Live account hasnt been live for a while.
Alternatively, you can make automatic level 100s designed for PvP or for Fury of Hellfire raiding. They come with gear, consumables, and money.
>>
>Cross realm, looking for group, looking for raid, battleground queuing, arena queuing removed
>Forced to do raids in progression order
>Each level requires 10,000% more xp to reach
>Movement and cast speed reduced by 20%
>Enemy spawn rate decreased by 90%
>Quest item drop rate decreased to a maximum of 10%
>Quest rewards, mobs, and vendoring give 95% less gold
>Professions changed so you have to make 1,000s of worthless items to skill up
>Chance to hit reduced by 10%
>Shaman, paladin, priest, moonkin, and hunter damage reduced by 50%
>Hunters get their dead zone and inability to move while shooting back
>Hunters cannot attack without ammo
>Ghost wolf now a 3 second cast cannot be used in doors
>Warlocks get soul shards as physical items they have to farm
>Mages get mage stones
>Blink no longer works on most terrain
>Warriors can no longer charge in combat
>Various paladin abilities no longer cause forbearance
>Various abilities including Lay on hands and Shield Wall cooldown increased to 30 minutes
>All self buffs last less than 6 minutes
>Can only buff one person or class at a time

WoW fixed?
>>
>>338718883

So genius what is the point of Vanilla WOW, BC and Northend in the game for? Of course lets go futhur after WOD is release what is the point of CATA and MOP they have no bearing in the story whatsoever and are deemed useless by Blizzard standards

They already fucking cut the content from the game already with the next expansion so what is your argument for having these expansions in the first place?

Those three trilogy have no bearing to the current fucking story and that series ended it should of been removed when CATA came.

It worked for FFXIV and WOW needs to do it
>>
>>338708758

WoW never had the best PVP in a MMO. Infact, it wasn't even in the top 5 for best PVP in a MMO.

Best PVP belongs to Ragnarok Online and always has.
>>
>>338720865
It's all arbitrary "le old days were better" garbage. Go fuck yourself all the way back to /r/Nostalrius.
>>
>>338720865
But leveling is the reason that getting into the game is so awful.
>>
>>338720865
>Cross realm, looking for group, looking for raid, battleground queuing, arena queuing removed

My realm is too dead to support this.
>>
>>338720865

Nah man you fallen into the same trap as Blizzard, the game shouldn't be about 90% of class balances and 10% of content.

This is why WOW has failed every patch developed during WOTLK has gone towards class development and no actual content at all, this ended at the end of the third expansion.

This what should of happened.

After WOTLK Lich King dead, reset the world.

Remove Outland, Remove WOTLK, Remove Vanilla

Catalysm is now the new baseline expansion, close off the legacy raids and start the game a new.

Probably open the legacy raid in the CAVERNS of TIME a month at a time cycling thru them, same with the dungeons that are matching the current level of the expansions.

Fuck this solo clearing content in record time this gives people something to do during the expansion and heroic dungeons, reuse them but make it worthwhile and put in the effect, hell even have a diablo types effects where it changes the whole composition of the raid.

Then have an option to purchase your house one per account, this can then futhur develop => sunsong ranch in MOP => sunsong ranch in your Garrison in WOD => having champions you developed in Garrison to your class hall in Legion.

Class Spec should of been redeveloped and have a key role which no other class can do, what stupid in blizzard is hearthstone has better mechanics than WOW now.

IT goes on and on.
>>
>>338721647

but what happened is that Blizzard has disjoined their expansions and now all of them are essentially Mini-expansion with either Dalaran or Stormwind/Orgimmar as Tristan and you fighting off Diablo the big baddy in 6 months time.
>>
>>338710157
I think he means that because mounts and pets are boa, instead of having to farm, say INvincible, from ICC 25H once a week at a shot of getting it, you can do it across as many characters that you have higher than level 80, which for a lot of people, is multiple. I've casually played for the past 4 years off and on, and I have 7 characters at max level and 2 that are leveling in wod right now.
>>
>>338720964
>wasn't
>as if the games you'd list still exist
>>
>>338721843

Removed content should of happened, since mounts are cosmetic rewards and have a goal for something to work towards where as WOW now there is no need to do them just LFR see the raid wait for next expac do legacy raids.
>>
>>338721647
>Instead of making new content reuse the same old shit
Wow you should work for Blizzard
>>
>>338717360
Even if weather was causing performance issues in 2004, processors and video card power have increase much more since then. In 2004, the intel pentium was a great proccesor. The performance issues argument is just a cop-out that shows how much neo-Blizzard hates WoW
>>
>>338720964
>Ragnarok Online and always has.

>He lives in a world of make-believe where Guild Wars didn't exist.
>He's denies Guild Wars retroactively just because GW2 is an underwhelming turd
>>
>>338722039

Not like it's been happening in the last 4 expansions and it has fucking changed in Legion, they are re-using Dalaran. and every single model they used since vanilla.
>>
>>338715165
This isn't true I know for a fact random weather & day/night cycles still exist

Of course some zones are always night and some zones are always snowy, but to say its not in any zone is a flat out lie
>>
>>338722213
>has fucking changed

hasn't fucking changed sorry.
>>
>>338722213
>Re-using models is the same as the awful shit that is Time Walking
(you)
>>
File: legion_pvp.jpg (713 KB, 888x757) Image search: [Google]
legion_pvp.jpg
713 KB, 888x757
Alright, what is everyone's thought on new PvP item level scaling and the addition of using same gear in both raiding and PvP?
>>
>>338722336

They've been reusing Vanilla models since the first expansion.. I rather they remove fucking Timewalking all together.

PUT them in the "CAVERNS OF TIME" that's what it's there for bro, they ignored the entire concept of the Caverns of Time by enforcing this timewalking shit.

Imagine this, instead of having this Timewalking shit, you have Vanilla Content and raids cycling in 6 months, so first cycle is 5 Dungeons at level 110, and 40 Man MC at level 110 and is challenging, they could also add in Diablo type effects to deal with in addition to the legacy content, like you have to kill all the Core hounds away from the flame elements if they explode they will resurrect them you could do massive amounts of shit just by focusing and allowing addition effects.

Timewalking is just lazy just reduce level and join a fucking party with party finder fuck that.
>>
>>338722648
>Scale up easy content with no mechanics
>and is challenging
lol

How about making new content instead?
>>
File: 1456323789923.jpg (26 KB, 636x352) Image search: [Google]
1456323789923.jpg
26 KB, 636x352
>>338708758
Pretty tired of the subscription fee. Don't wanna know how much I've wasted on that crap...

Should they still have it?
>>
>>338722762

Why not have both? Not everyone has done MC back in Vanilla, why not and removing it from the actual game and reusing it a timed basis in Caverns of Time would be much better.

You want to keep legacy content that has no bearing on the story so you can waltz in and have a chance to get an heroic mount... with a gazillion dollars from the mob why not just add a building in stormwind that gives u a gatchpa capsule that you have a 1% chance of a mount with a couple of thousands of gold for once a week?

Same thing.
>>
>>338722996
Actually, I want to keep the devs working on new content. I don't care about old content I've already done.
>>
>>338710679
>get kicked from dungeons for shit DPS
That never happens
>>
>>338723148
I kick people all the time from dungeons for no good reason it's surprisingly fun
>>
>>338709751
>disappointing like MoP
MoP was the best expansion
>>
>>338723097

Everyone wants new content BUT look at the entirety of fucking WOD

2 fucking years from lets say 6 patches..... in the base expansion

1 new fucking raid, one new area, one shipyard

all the rest on class balances and adding addition pets.

Fuck no wonder WOD is lacking in content.
>>
>>338723209

I do it as well :D
>>
>>338723318

Oh yea I forgot sorry I FORGOT TWITTER AND FACEBOOK INTERGRATION AND TAKING PICTURES AND SELFIES IN GAME.

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWW a whole 6 months to develop that !!@!
>>
>>338716265
the thing is, if you want wow pvp then you HAVE to partake in the grind to get there.
you have to level up, have to grind gear, have to grind gold to buy enchants and gems and glyphs.
>>
>>338708758
No dungeon finder, no lfr, no normal mode, no arena/bg, no tokens and extra loot, dungeons that take an hour at least

Also remove that drain thing from affli lock and put shadowbolt and nightfall back as the filler
>>
>>338720865
You are a fucking idiot
>>
>>338708758
raids seems to be interesting,but i don't have got money to spend on
>>
>>338723097

Well how about this? If you want new content I describe a better way.

Make the legacy content themed during the Expansions.

Say in MOP, 40 MC is based around eastern mythos and all the bosses have a mythical feel too them similar to Mogushan Vaults.

Say in WOD 40 man MC is based around the Iron horde, where they have chains and explosions.

and in Legion 40 man MC is based themed around the Legion where the raid is based around fel energy.

Something like that the legacy content is themed towards the current expansion rather than just being "vanilla" legacy content.
>>
>>338723209
I will kick you from this thread
>>
>>338723318
>all the rest on class balances and adding addition pets.
Actually they added many many new quests to do in the world (including a hunter only class quest), mythic 5 man dungeons, made changes to Ashran, added a mini-boss you can summon via fishing, a world boss you can summon in your garrison, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting
>>
A friend bought me Overwatch. Also, I have no friends playing official WoW and only a select few even play Vanilla on private servers
>>
>>338708758
>giving a fuck about pve
>wow pvp
>good
Try EVE
>Well, what would make you play it?
Friends forcing me to play it
>>
>>338723693
Giving Ragnaros green fire wont make me want to do Boring Core again.
>>
File: What the fuck happened.jpg (113 KB, 1264x517) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck happened.jpg
113 KB, 1264x517
>>338708758
>raiding

PVE has been dogshit for fucking years
>>
>>338722638
im not feeling it
its really good for the 'competitive' pvp crowd who mainly do arena or rated battlegrounds, but do they even exist in significant numbers?

for me, slowly acquiring more pvp gear and experiencing how my character slowly progresses from pushover to killing machine over months of battleground grinding was the biggest motivation to pvp. without that, i wouldn't care about joining battlegrounds at all after the first few days of novelty wore off.
>>
File: Dawrf Monk.jpg (85 KB, 500x602) Image search: [Google]
Dawrf Monk.jpg
85 KB, 500x602
I still play WoW and have fun with it. It's not exactly the obsession it was to me when I was unemployed, but it's still one of the most replay value of any game out there.

Leveling a Dwarf monk off and on and it's a blast. I'm the terror of the eastern plaguelands right now. Merking Blood elf shitters trying to get the caravan quests.
>>
>>338723485
>No Dungeon Finder
Fucking no. You know how it was before Dungeon finder?
>Sitting in Shat all day
>Spamming "Shadow looking for X, have Y Shadowdmg
for ages. Fuck. That.
If you want the "no dungeon finder" experience, go look for mythic or challenge mode groups. it's already in the game.

>No LFR, No Normal mode
Just don't do them? Those modes are there for the ultra casuals. So people who play 3 hours a week can see what blizzard is working on. Just don't fucking do them if you hate them you sperg lord. "If I want Icecream I want strawberry! They shouldn't even make stupid vanilla and choclate, because I like Strawberry!!!!"

>No Tokens
You mean the set tokens? Why not?
>No Extra loot
You mean the extra loot chance you can get 3 times a week? What's so bad about that?

>Dungeons that take an hour at least.
Fuck, if you want difficult long content, go raiding. That's what it's there for. Dungeons are the small content, so naturally it's a bit shorter. Who would want to run a one and a half fucking hour long dungeon in the middle of the expansion? Nobody. that's who.

>No Arena/BG
Same as the LFR/Normal mode. JUST DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT YOU SPASTIC. I hate PvP too, Not a big fan of the WoW PvP model at all, but WHY THE FUCK would you go around saying you'd only play it if they take out the shit other players enjoy?

You're beyond retarded m8
>>
>>338724051
>But for casual retards like me it's bad!

Legion is shaping up to be a great expansion, hopefully all the casual shitters go back private servers once they realize they wont be able to compete with anyone
>>
>>338718817
>>338721574
get in latino servers, theyre full as fuck, they never left
>>
>>338720865
>30 minute
Whole post trashed. That size of CD is the complete wrong direction.

>having the game be less interactive
>>
File: butt cream.jpg (59 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
butt cream.jpg
59 KB, 384x384
>>338708758
>WoW
>Best

Raiding = gear check

PvP = gear check
>>
Convert it into a sandbox game
>>
>>338721070
>>338721484
>>338721574
>>338721647
>>338723581
>>338724437
>making the game more like vanilla/bc is bad
lmao go back to your garrison safe spaces
>>
>>338723769

>> hunter only class quest...

Too little to late, need more from this side of WOW to show independence of classes.

>> changes in Ashran...

The changes are really shit, they made from an entertaining Alteric Valley Choas type pvp focal point where you are rewards for your efforts to a boring you must do this and this and this every week to receive your rewards. Ashran was fun but they should of kept it what it was like when it was first released but tone down the rewards.

>> added a mini-boss you can summon via fishing

This was already done in MOP, and was more surprising this just extends on that but they should do more stuff like this.

>> world boss you can summon in your garrison

Nah don't like this at all.... This doesn't add anything in the game in the slightest just another short term fix mob.
>>
>>338724672

>> Stating my post saying Removing Vanilla/BC/Northend from the game is making the game more vanilla like

Learn 2 read post discarded.
>>
File: 1439832699620s.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1439832699620s.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
>>338724212
>Legion is shaping up to be a great expansion
>>
>>338720865
>1. Making it harder to actually find groups to play
for what EARTLY REASON would you do that? How is it better to not fucking find people to do stuff with?
>2. making it hard to catch up
Why? What's to gain? It just means that if you're late you need to get boosted (annoying) or just won't get to raid because nobody does the old shit any more.
>3. making it more time consuming to reach max level.
again why? Leveling is not challenging it's just boring. Max level content is where it's at.
>4. making casters unviable for PvE and PvP.
Why?
>5. making leveling questing 90% more tedious by having empty areas full of people trying to tag the respawns
Why do you want to make the game more annoying?
>6.
You know what, I'm not even going trough your whole post. You're just listing "Ways to kill of this game for good".
>>
>>338724867
What aspect of Legion looks bad?

>inb4 you dodge the question

You people are worse than liberals trying to answer how Trump is racist
>>
>>338724697
You're right they shouldn't have added any content at all.
>>
>>338724976
Order halls look shit, the Legendaries are retarded and extremely OP for some specs so you effectively have no choice but to grind for them just be be viable (For example Feral Druids, who with Legendaries can get 190 Energy and Tigers Fury restoring 180 energy every use instead of 60). Also half the specs are blatantly unfinished, a good 1/3 are just bad, and only the remainder vary between good and okay.
>>
>>338724406
Tambien estan muertos :(
>>
I miss the less-is-more aspect the game used to have. Today I can't log in without seeing someone riding a fucking gronn in Stormwind or idling on their fucking dragon mount. Orgrimmar went nuts with giant saw blade... Whatevers.
>>
>>338725163
All legendaries have always been extremely OP that's what makes them fun
Which specs are "just bad"?

>Legion literally isn't finished it's still in development
>It blatantly unfinished!
Wow you don't say
>>
>>338720865

Dead servers would be deader than ever at this point.

>Forced to do raids in progression order

Ok

Lol, funny

>Movement and cast speed reduced by 20%

Kek

>Enemy spawn rate decreased by 90%

So have 30 players waiting for a quest spawn again? Sure.

>Quest item drop rate decreased to a maximum of 10%

Why the fuck don't these wolves drop any teeth?

>Quest rewards, mobs, and vendoring give 95% less gold

Basically deflation except vendor items costing more than 1K are now unpurchasable.

>Professions changed so you have to make 1,000s of worthless items to skill up

So turn every profession into Fishing pre-WoD?

>Chance to hit reduced by 10%

Bring back Hit Chance on gear then

Someone's Salty

>Hunters get their dead zone and inability to move while shooting back
>Hunters cannot attack without ammo
>Ghost wolf now a 3 second cast cannot be used in doors

Real Salty

>Warlocks get soul shards as physical items they have to farm

Would make Affliction unplayable

>Mages get mage stones

For what?

>Blink no longer works on most terrain

Kek

>Warriors can no longer charge in combat

KEK

>Various paladin abilities no longer cause forbearance

I don't play paladin so w/e

>Various abilities including Lay on hands and Shield Wall cooldown increased to 30 minutes

So one Shield Wall per raid run?

>All self buffs last less than 6 minutes

Fights last more than 6 minutes

>Can only buff one person or class at a time

And goodbye to raid buffs
>>
>>338724976
Ability pruning, everyone gets the best weapons in the universe and is the greatest champion of their class, garrisons 2.0, the content will be barren just like WoD, world quests etc will be a gimmicky joke, LFR still exists, flying will be patched in, LFD will still exist, shitty talent trees, and a lot more i don't care to type.

now pretend none of these are negatives and remove all doubt that you're a shill/underaged
>>
File: image.png (207 KB, 322x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
207 KB, 322x311
Do you think Blizzard should make a sequel to WoW, sort of like how FFXIV was a successor to FFXI.

The models and textures of wow are still so old, and there still so many problems with the game, as well as tons of unused content. And at this point because of the number of expansions the number scaling of health and damage has gotten to laughable levels.

I think it would be really cool if they just made the whole game anew, starting at the a normal level cap of 50/60 with normal number scaling. And they would also give all the classes a remake, truly refining all the rough edges, and it would allow them to make much more needed drastic changes that they can't do in legion for fear of isolating those classes player base.

Best of all of would let them fix the train wreck that is the lore now.
>>
>>338725357
>Which specs are "just bad"?

Blood DK, Prot Paladin, Brewmaster Monk, Sub Rogue, all 3 mage specs, both Demon Hunter specs, Survival, Beast Mastery, Fury and Arms. Destro Lock is debatable, the gameplay isn't changed a lot but it's just got a really retarded mastery.

>Wow you don't say
Blizzard said before they released the beta that they would be making no more major class changes. These are unfinished as staying unfinished. That is not acceptable.
>>
>>338725581
I've been clamoring for a reboot since WoD was announced. They'll never do it because they'll never cut the cord to players who say "I've been playing this character for a decade, you can't stop developing content for meeeeeeee".

You know, even though they only get 1 raid a year.

I'm not sure I even trust them to not bash us over the head with memes as opposed to subtly referencing shit.
>>
>>338724538
>Raiding = gear check
That's how it was in classic. The game has changed mang. Now the game actually features bosses that need some coordination to beat.
End boss right now:
>Casts fire that needs to be soaked up and healed against in intervals or else it will wipe the raid if you miss the timing.
>everyone has to stay apart for a knockup or you will chain players and kill them.
p2
>3 players get chained to the ground and take increasing amount of damage
>they need to break the chains, but also everyone need to run away because breaking the chains does a fatal amount of AoE damage
>each player gets connected to another player, one player will fire an unlimited range laser at the other player
>this happens 3 times in short succession and the targets change each time
>you have to try not get hit by multiple lasers.
>still have to soak the fire in between
>also the whole time there's adds up the ass
>some of which create spell lock voidzones
P3.
>marks 4 players with a debuff that hits for fatal damage if not enough players stand around him
>also kicks you away from the player
>summons a few little "conduits" to players locations in quick succession
>if a player stands to close to an existing conduit and another one spawns to close it will result in likely fatal AoE damage
>Basically Heigan dance left right back in random orders, (also fatal damage if hit)
>5 void stars from 5 corners flying towards players at the same time, knocking them (and anyone near) off the platform if not killed before it reaches them.
>Add that spawns next to the boss that tries to laser-push a Tank off the platform and also inflicts an increasing damage debuff, needs to be killed fast.
>Infernal spawns that do decent amounts of AoE damage and might kill someone standing in the impact zone
>If they live too long they cast nasty raidwide AoE
>if they are too close together they QUICKLY heal up.

Lots of that shit tends to overlap. Shit gets intense.
>>
>>338725459
>Ability pruning
This is a legitimate issue but only for some specs. Many classes are actually gaining abilities.
>Player characters are Mary Sues
Ok the plot is shit, but it's been stupid since Burning Crusade.
>Garrisons
What's the problem with this? Class Halls are merely a place here you pick up quests. It's no different from a daily quest hub. If you don't like it don't do it.
>Quests are a gimmick
Ok then do pet battles, battlegrounds, arenas, world pvp, raids, dungeons, auction house playing, rare spawn hunting, professions, world events, or whatever the fuck you want
>LFR
Don't do it. Don't try to tell me you're forced to do it because the rewards are complete garbage.
>flying
Why is flying bad?
>LFD
Not for mythic and challenge mode.
>Talents
The current talent tree is better than the old one. You might ask how that could possibly be true, after all you went from having 40+ talent points to 10, but the answer lies in what the talents do. Before each talent tree would have two or three major talents which defined the class and a bunch of minor stuff like extra chance to dodge. Now you choose between 21 major gameplay defining talents. Because of this you actually have many more potential options then before.
>>
>>338726234
and while I definitely would say that it gets a bit easier the more gear your raid has, I'm pretty sure that you could put shitters in Best in Slot gear and they wouldn't be able to defeat this boss.

I tend to agree however that the PvP is very gear based.
>>
>>338726234
Archi is literally a gear check, even on Mythic. Mechanically speaking Gorefiend >>>>>>>>>>>> Archi in terms of difficulty. Seriously Gorefiend is such a cunt to Raid Lead it's awful. And he doesn't get easier on Farm 'cause people assume they can trivialize him with gear.
>>
File: pfftttttppffff.p.png (498 KB, 852x720) Image search: [Google]
pfftttttppffff.p.png
498 KB, 852x720
>>338725459
>Ten dungeons
>two raids
>ten world bosses
>World scaling
>no content
>>
I started a week ago and I'm playing a troll hunter

My ultimate goal is to tame every variant of crab in Azeroth

I'm having fun
>>
File: aa3KL4C.png (111 KB, 333x347) Image search: [Google]
aa3KL4C.png
111 KB, 333x347
>>338726396
>What's the problem with this?
>Don't do it.
>Why is flying bad?
>Not for mythic and challenge mode
>The current talent tree is better than the old one
wew lad wew

enjoy Legion anon :^]
>>
>>338726478
He Literally isn't,
Classic Ragnaros was a gear check.
Brutallus was a gear check.
A gear check boss is one you literally can not beat because your gear is too shitty.
You CAN beat Archi mythic with your heroic/first few bosses Mythic stuff. It's playing the mechanics right and still doing your damage.
Just because undisciplined groups tend to fuck up gorefiend, doesn't mean that he is a more tactical boss than Archi.
>>
>>338726705
Well why is it bad? Care to explain? Please convince me I'd love to be cured of my ignorance.
>The current talent tree is better than the old one
Yeah ha ha just look at this old talent tree
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hZxbZEc0tVeqo
There's so much room for individuality after taking the mandatory talents! Most of the talents barely do anything, but who cares I get 10% more healing!!
>>
>>338726951
You're clearly biased against old talent trees for shitposting's sake. The old talent trees had 51/61/71 talent points compared to 7 currently. Only a small handful of talents in each tree were +1% to a stat or something similar. The vast majority altered your abilities and the way the class played in a meaningful way. When you have that many talent trees and that many options, you have the ability to create unique builds and exercise creativity which is paramount in an RPG. The current trees are cookie cutter horseshit where the best talent choice for a certain encounter is clear as day and you're either forced to take it or end up doing significantly worse. There's no choice or individuality with the current trees just because you swap your talents to the right ones based on the encounter.

tl;dr choice and options > lack thereof
>>
>>338726951
>no picking improved reincarnation
>>
>>338726951
You literally disproved your point with that spec. What you posted is a Healing Wave, Tank Healing focused spec for Resto Shamans. Most Resto Shamans would not take those talents forcused on Healing Wave at all, since downranked Chain Heal and Lesser Healing Wave were generally better. Instead, they'd go into the Elemental tree and take Elemental Warding after Ancestral Knowledge, which was fantastic in BWL and AQ where there was tons of Fire/Frost damage.
>>
>>338727484
>Your choices amount to x% less damage taken or x% more healing on one spell
woah....so this is the power....of the talent tree.....
>>
>>338726951
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zZbZEcxzVeVo

There, I looked over that build and revised it to be a little more offensive while still being viable. I switched around ~15 points and completely changed the way the class plays. There's my point.
>>
>>338727614
You're clearly biased against old talent trees for shitposting's sake.

Enjoy Legion anon :^]
>>
>>338722856
>must be EU, where the tokens are super overpriced
>>
>>338723484
Well, the scaling of stats to ilvl are way down in the next launch, 2.5% at 25ilvl vs 25%.
>>
http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=43934/a-new-path

They fucking did it.
>>
>>338728105
>Highlord

How long until they give you your own continent?
>>
>>338728105
Is this supposed to be surprising after holy cows/sundruids?
>>
>>338727327

Even though I will argue for the new talent tress, the way they are currently doing them is completely wrong.

Talents should augment your abilities not change what you should be able to cast and not be able to cast. It just makes talent trees horseshit and becames essentially the same way will play diablo III vanilla

All talents should be passives augmenting an ability one way or another you don't want to be constantly swapping to make an encounter easier.

And this >>338727327
says it clearly talents need to augment not select certain spells that need to be cast which what the old talent trees did not do.

Imagine you play a holy priest and choose a talent that can augment your healing spells into damage spells for 30 seconds that will be one of the options on a talent tree and would change a class being played where as now it's picking one ability over another.
>>
>>338708758
The removal of the cash shop
It is bullshit that you already pay sub and STILL there is fucking cash shop. Fuck blizzard.
>>
>>338728425
You say that the new talent trees just aren't being done right. I can argue that the old talent trees weren't done as well as they could have been either.

51+ talent points will always give you more options and customization than 7 talent points. The more meaningful options, the better.
>>
>>338728314
None of it should be surprising. Just about anyone can wield the light, even undead. You just need faith.
>>
>>338727327
Are you high? Most of the talents where +damage or +healing.
It was cookie cutter as fuck. You had more points but less choice. let's take BC shadow for instance. You HAD to put at least 49 points in shadow and 7 in Discipline to be a PvE shadow. No other options for the entire content.
And what do we take in shadow?
>spirit tap, mandatory to get to next tier
>Shadow affinity, 25% less threat
>Impv. SW:P, 6 sec more Dot time for SWP
>Shadow Focus, 10% less resist chance
>Imp. MB: >2,5sec less Mind Blast CD
>Mind Flay, spell needed for rotation
>shadow reach, 20% more reach
>Shadow Weaving, 10% more shadow damage
>Vampirc Embrace, Needed to get Shadowform
>Focused Mind, 15% less mana cost for 2 main spells
>Darkness 10% more spellpower
>Shadow Power: 15% more crit for 1 main spell and 1 finisher
>Shadowform: 15% damage increase
>Misery: 5% extra damage
>Vampiric touch, dot needed to do damage
DISC talents:
>Unbreakable will, needed to get to tier 2
>Improved PW:F: 30% more stamina on stamina buff

Oh pleeeeaseeee.. tell me how that's not "just a bunch of % based increases"
you know what my "customization options" are now?
I now can choose between Improved vampirirc embrace for a bit more healing (doesn't do much), go improved fear into silence (not needed for PvE) or take decreased spell crit chance against me (also not needed in PvE as Mobs can't spell crit)
OR I can go in Disc and take more wand damage? or reduced holy/disci thread? Putting 3 points into a PERCENTAGE BASED PW:Shield increase is actually the only viable option here. so we take 3 here. Now we put the other two into 20% mana regen while in-combat and we're done.

WOW THAT'S WELL DIFFERENT NOW!

The new talent trees might be smaller but at least I have some decision making going on here between the viable talents. I switched talents more often in this contents than respecc in all of classic + bc.
>>
>>338724204
>Spamming chat
There's LFG now.
>>
>>338728581

That's fine, I wouldn't mind either way but Blizzard have no fucking idea what they are doing.

When Hearthstone lore, cards and mechanics have better options than WOW you know you got the wrong team on the job.
>>
>>338724557
This. But how?
>>
>>338708758
>It still has the best raiding

Following DBM orders is not considered "good raiding" or hard anon.

>DO THIS!
>DO THAT!
>DODGE THIS!
>STAY HERE!
>NEXT BOSS SKILL INCOMING IN 10 SECONDS!
>YOU ARE TO CLOSE TO YOUR PARTNER!
>USE YOUR DEFENSIVE CDs!

>and PvP.

Hahahahahahahahaha, so that's how a shill works.
>>
Dark souls style combat
>>
>>338728656
>It was cookie cutter as fuck.

>Vanilla
>Shaman
>Healing Wave spec

>Cookie Cutter

Confirmed for never actually playing Vanilla.
>>
>>338724872
>Leveling is not challenging it's just boring. Max level content is where it's at.

>>Leveling has now been removed. All characters start at max level. To get X, they have to raid through previous content.
>What about previous quests?
Fuck 'em.
>>
>>338708758
decent gameplay
>>
>>338725273
This
>>
>>338725581

A sequel doesn't magically make things better.

Or would you play a slightly graphically updated WoW with all of the same features WoD/Leigon have?

>>338724557

Most people don't want a sandbox game. The majority of people who played WoW claim LK was it's best expansion, But all of the sandbox style features were dead at that point.
>>
>>338728656

>> The new talent trees might be smaller but at least I have some decision making going on here between the viable talents. I switched talents more often in this contents than respecc in all of classic + bc.

Your statement demonstrates the problem with the talent trees, sure you have more and more options but if they become necessary then they should be baseline spells and the talents should just augment them, you have to make a decision and can't get everything.

Make you swap willy nilly in raids and so forth is just silly, cause it just trivalizes content and you have no individuality in classes. Could go on and on but versatility for versatility sake is just wrong.
>>
>>338728656
>15 talent.
>am I a lazy fuck who doesn't want to press an extra button? Angelic Bulwark is decent, all other situations a calculated Desperate Prayer is the better option. Some bosses have mechanics even that I can disable with Spectral Guise.
>30:
>Body and Soul is nice and easy, while Angelic Feather is a bit of a hassle but the best movement ability.
>45: some bosses need insanity, some mindbender outperforms
>60: CC stuff, nobody cares
>75: granted, Twist of Fate outperforms nearly everywhere
>90: Cascade for multi target bosses, Halo for single target bosses.
>100: Add/mutliboss fights, Auspicious Spirits rule, Short single target fights, Clarity of Power dominates.

there is SO MUCH more choice here.
>>
File: 1435674770479.jpg (559 KB, 910x1396) Image search: [Google]
1435674770479.jpg
559 KB, 910x1396
>>338708758

>2016
>Playing wow
>>
>>338728986
But all those few choices are more meaningful than the mandatory choices in the old trees. Sure they had more 'choices' but they were completely terrible and silly ones. I'd rather have less or no choice than an illusion of choice.
>>
>>338728269
Next expansion we replace our racial leaders. After that we're reincarnations of the titans. After that we become a Titan-Azeroth-Void Lord hybrid. After that we become Chris Metzen. Then we become coked up Chris Metzen.
>>
>>338724212
the dude asked for our opinion on the pvp changes, so i gave mine

if i wanted a competitive game then i'd go and play one that's actually designed with that in mind. dota, csgo, tf2, all better than fucking wow. pvp in wow has always been and will always be an afterthought. a small add-on to the main game.

blizzard has been desperately trying to force the 'WoW is serious eSports guys! it really is!' angle for nearly ten years now, with all their arena tournaments and blizzcon showmatches and sponsored events - and it NEVER caught on. you'd think the pvp crowd would have taken the hint by now, but apparently they still haven't read the memo.
>>
>>338728656
PvE is fuck all of a point. PvP is where diversity is helpful, and the previous talents absolutely had way more customization.
>>
>>338728656
>Most of the talents where +damage or +healing.
>It was cookie cutter as fuck.
You must not have played much with old talent trees, or at all, if you think it was cookie cutter as fuck and the new talent trees aren't. You're being obtuse for shitposting's sake.

>You HAD to put at least 49 points in shadow and 7 in Discipline to be a PvE shadow. No other options for the entire content.
No you didn't. You had a dozen different options for your build. Did you have a tank that could hold threat? Did you want to be a mana battery and never go OOM? PvE or PvP? Did you want to be a livelord or all-out offensive? etc etc. You showing yourself to be ignorant and inexperienced with the older game if you think more talent options led to more cookie cutter talent builds, or if you think the majority of talents were boring and unimpactful.

>The new talent trees might be smaller but at least I have some decision making going on here between the viable talents. I switched talents more often in this contents than respecc in all of classic + bc.
You had plenty of decision making with old talent trees. There's very little, if any at all, decision making going on with the new trees. Am I facing a Mage/Druid/Hunter? Tiger's Lust. Am I facing a team that deals magic damage? Diffuse Magic. Everything else never changes, and what does change is decided for me.

You change talents so often because it's basically free to do and can be done anywhere.
>>
>>338729101
That's the point I was making. I wasn't sarcastic there. Classic shadow had "these skills you absolutely need" and then "nothing else makes any sense or impact in PvE
>>
>>338708758
I'd resub if they added in a free realm and faction change (together with the boost you have) with every expansion. It's no fun to start over when you want to play with friends.
>>
>>338729101
No. Every tree had "mandatory" taents, and you couldn't get them all. You went for the key 21-/31-point talents that you'd like to use and filled in the rest as you saw fit. Most other talents were utility, so you had a limitless amount of combinations that you could choose to best match your playstyle and gear.
>>
>>338729485
>I'd resub if they added in a free realm
What a poor cuck el mao
>>
>>338729101
>Sure they had more 'choices' but they were completely terrible and silly ones
That's where we disagree I guess. a +5% change in damage from a certain source could completely change your damage/healing priority and change the way your class is played. And the +5% stat talents were few and far between to begin with, most of the talents were way more interesting.
>>
>>338729515
>As you saw fit

You mean making terrible silly builds? Like I said good for you wanting to have that choice, but I'd rather it not even be an option to make terrible builds. The number of viable builds in Vanilla are no more numerous than in Warlords. Your gimmick builds are so different than someone picking terrible combinations today, but even more ways to mess it up.
>>
>>338727327
>The vast majority altered your abilities and the way the class played in a meaningful way.
That simply is not true. Just look at the enhancement tree. Only Stormstrike, 2h Weapons, and maybe shield specialization have to potential to change how you might play. Everything else is "do more damage" or "your buffs are better"

The problem is a lot of the "unique creative builds" like this poster's offensive resto shaman >>338727727 are not viable due to the way the game is balanced, and whenever a hybrid spec popped up like Frostfire or destro/demo in BC they would get nerfed into the non-existence.

>The current trees are cookie cutter horseshit where the best talent choice for a certain encounter is clear as day and you're either forced to take it or end up doing significantly worse
This absolutely is not true for resto shaman on retail. Until MoP our only realistic choices were taking ghost wolf, making healing wave better, or taking less elemental damage.

>>338727457
>needing improved reincarnation when you can abuse a bug to regen to full whenever you die
>>
>>338729101
>I'd rather have less or no choice than an illusion of choice.

you morons never actually played when the old talent trees existed, did you?
the old system had room for creativity, and players made use of it. the amount of viable hybrid builds that existed was huge.
>sl/sl lock
>0/21/40 sac destro lock
>dreamstate resto druid
>hemo combat rogue
>pom pyro arcane/fire mage
>arms/fury 2h slam warrior

thats just the first few that i remember from tbc, there was a bunch more in wrath as well
nowadays such things are gone, dead to blizzards moronic doctrine of dumbing down everything to make it retard-proof
>>
>>338729413
Fuck no, there was almost no other option. You take all the PvE talents and leave the PvP talents.
here's a talent builder: http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents/priest
Post me a PvE specc that doesn't put 49 points in shadow. And don't give me that "No shadow affinity" bullshit because with Mind Blasts increased threat it doesn't matter how good your tank was, if you were any decent as a shadow you WILL pull aggro without it.

And yes the free talent choice helps. But the point is: It actually MATTERS. You can change specs on a Boss to boss basis. there is actually some damn OPTIONS in there. There wasn't in the old model. Ever.
>>
>>338729364
>tfw Cata DKs were completely nerfed
http://freecode.hu/wowtal/eng/?DK#03.18-32001.15-23020320030331121231!-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

A lot of these compete against each other now as well.
>>
>>338729662
A shitload of talents didn't matter at all as far as min-/maxing went. Off the top of my head, as a PvE combat specced rogue you could either get +3% dodge or +1.5 sec gouge duration, get improved sprint that dispelled all slows or roots when activated, or improved kick that gave 2 sec silence, +2% damage on humanoids and dragons or a 40% crit buff after killing a target, etc etc. "Every talent gave you stat bonuses!" is a retarded meme perpetrated by WoD fanboys.
>>
>>338729764
>there was a bunch more in wrath as well

Shadowfrost DK, Spellhance Shaman with double Flametongue that I played. Both of these were outright removed from the game. Any lack of choice in talent trees post wrath wasn't because of design, it was because any time anyone did anything original, Blizzard removed it.
>>
>>338729830
people put either 4/5 or 1/5 improved mind blast, depending on their haste rating
people also put less than 5 in shadow focus, depending on the hit rating on their gear
>>
File: 1461004644011.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1461004644011.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>338708758
i got a week of sub time, level 90 boost and draenor xpac for free from blizz and i tried playing the game last week. all it did was cement my decision into never resubbing to wow again. holy shit what happened to this goddamn game?
>>
>>338729830
http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents/priest?0502300130000000000000000000000000000000000503250510050103051551

I even took Shadow Affinity for you even though it's not 100% mandatory like you imply.

>You can change specs on a Boss to boss basis. there is actually some damn OPTIONS in there.
Being able to change talents on the fly with zero cost is retarded to begin with. It shouldn't be able to happen.

And no there aren't options. Just because you change your single target talent to an AoE talent for a certain encounter doesn't mean you have a choice. It's decided for you which talent you'll take. It's the illusion of choice and everyone else does it. There's no thought process, there's no individuality, there's no real customization. It's a terrible system for an RPG.
>>
>>338729990
>cata tree
Fuck's sake. The whole talent prune wasnt that outrageous, but them forcing you to put 31 of your points into one tree before letting you use the others was completely retarded.
>>
File: 1463486090155.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1463486090155.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>338728105
>Night Elf Paladins

THAT'S NOT HOW IT FUCKING WORKS. WHAT THE FUCK FIRST YOU ALLOW MAGES WHICH IS BEYOND RETARDED AND COMPLETELY SHITS ON THE LORE, THEN MONKS AND DEATH KNIGHTS AND NOW PALADINS?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338729515
Yes every tree had mandatory talents. and Usually you could get them all. If you left it out it was usually not mandatory. Most other talents were utility because there were only 3 kinds of talents.
>spells
>%improvements
>utility, like "chance to net got interupted by damage"
almost every class had a cookie cooker specc. a "you are requiered to take these, and if anything is over go nuts" the left over points usually didn't make much of a difference.
Take priest for instance. If you're a Priest in classic and you put all your points in Discipline they're just not gonna raid with you. Easy as that. No one needs a discipline priest. There was no choice to NOT take these holy talents as a classic priest healer.
>>
>>338708758
>WoW thread
Okay then, here's a question - Why do levelling dungeons now play like they're tuned for 3 players (1 tank, 1 healer, 1 DPS) rather than 5? Why do even the bosses die so fast that some classes can't even get their rotation up and running? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>338730186
Technically everything can be a death knight. It's just a soul in a resurrected body. No Lore Issues there.
>>
>>338730038
yep
i remember hybrid druids who specced balance until moonkin, then used the rest of their points for restoration talents.
also felguard/emberstorm warlocks, and some weird combat/sub rogues who abused honor among thieves or something like that

all gone
now you just get to pick your spec and that dictates your playstyle, period.
>>
>>338730312
dude some people just play the game to have fun haha if you want to be elitist and play a hard game just go play dark souls haha nobody cares about your epeen dude it's just a game i don't have 10 hours a day to spend playing wow i just want to log in and out as fast as possible haha
>>
>>338730312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjsSg8JXGo

They talk a bit about leveling at the start of this. They at least acknowledge it's broken and say they're going to work on a fix once Legion is out of the way.
>>
>>338730223
That "cookie cutter" you speak off went down to several key talents. For combat rogue it was imp SS, sword/dagger/fist weapon spec, blade flurry and AR, and you had to put 31 points into combat to get AR, so all the spare points went wherever you wanted them to be. Then you put the remaining 20 into assassination tree, which was pretty straightforward, but even it had some variations.
>>
i sure love the new talents
>half the tier are only pvp talents
>>
>>338730312
player characters are overtuned as fuck nowadays. not just because of heirlooms and blue quest rewards everywhere - also because the base damage values of pretty much the entire player arsenal are MUCH bigger than they were back in vanilla and tbc.
>>
>>338708758
>Best pvp
LOL
Warlords raiding was god tier though. The expansion was shit, sure, but the raids were amazing.
>>
>>338730545
>expecting anything different from a game that only lets you do pvp in designated pvp areas wielding designated pvp weapons and wearing designated pvp armor with designated pvp stats
>>
>>338730186
>night elf paladins rustle your jimmies
>not blood elves or tauren

The fuck m8?
>>
>>338730642
>the raids were amazing!
>all three of them!

i won't criticize their quality because i can't judge that properly, but the quantity of content blizzard put out in wod is an outright embarassment.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_052416_083316.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_052416_083316.jpg
807 KB, 1920x1080
This is the reason I'd never recommend WoW to anyone, and why I hate even being subscribed. There is zero content after the first month or so of a patch, and this current patch has lasted for over a year. Blizzard has done this shit countless times before, and they think fucking pet battles and other bullshit weekly events will compensate for the lack of content. Fuck off.
>>
>>338730642
Highmaul was Okay but BRF was shit and HFC was okay but massively overstayed its welcome.
>>
>>338730642
Too bad there were only three. Cata launched with more raids than WoD had in total.
>>
>>338730737
Blood Elf paladins were retarded but they at least had some cool, interesting backstory made to justify it.
>>
Waiting on Legion. It might be shit but after Heavensward I'm pretty accustomed to being cucked by assholes now.
>>
>>338730642
Raid bosses from MoP onwards have just become total clusterfucks. It's like the only way they can think of to make fights challenging is have a billion adds or dodgeable attacks. Almost none of the raid bosses from the last two expansions actually feel original, or like they have a memorable identity.
>>
>>338730846
So stop giving ActiBlizz money then, stupid fucking tripfag.
>>
>>338729160
> After that we're reincarnations of the titans.

I can actually see this happening.

Literally no reason why your character is able to resurrect like its nothing and kill lore figures easily.
>>
File: 1455659873485.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1455659873485.gif
729 KB, 267x200
>>338730846
>dat gaylord orc
>>
>>338730846
That's a lot of gold.
>>
>>338731124
raid bosses have been huge clusterfucks ever since wrath

i still loved this one though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1pRo1sywY
>>
>>338730846
>That transmog
What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>338730186
night elf mages were explained p well
>>
>>338731129

I bought 20 WoW tokens when they were 20k gold each, I don't plan on ever giving them my money again.

>stupid fucking tripfag.

Sorry senpai, it's the only way I can find my posts since I keep accidentally closing tabs
>>
>>338730846
Sweet heaven. What fucking set is that?
>>
>>338730312
All of the class changes and damage tweaks that work at end-game stats trickle down and get completely fucked at low levels. Every once in a while they do a pass to try to make things not completely retarded while leveling, but a few patches later we're right back to tank AoEs hitting harder than single-target abilities. Honestly, if a tank below level 60 isn't soloing the dungeon and doing more damage than the entire party combined, they don't know what they're doing.
>>
>>338731289
WoW tokens still indirectly give Blizzard money. I also think it's $5 more than an actual sub as well isn't it? Either way for all intents and purposes you're giving them money.
>>
File: _20160524_001515.jpg (35 KB, 535x538) Image search: [Google]
_20160524_001515.jpg
35 KB, 535x538
>>338729590
Yeah, not wanting to pay ±120 euros just to play with friends again makes me poor.
>>
>>338731324
mage t7 (t3 reskin)
it wasnt designed with orcs in mind
>>
>>338708758
Man up and get rid of "cross-realm" bullshit, merge realms until each has a respectable population. Realms no longer cross over. End of story.

Get rid of LFR and looking-for-dungeon, and battleground queues. Bring back LFG channel, but put the focus on the group finder/maker. No more long-distance queuing for things. Have to physically go to the meeting stones. Boost drop rate as a response. Rely more heavily on personal loot.

Bring back dailies and reputation grinding the way Wrath of the Lich King had it. Include wearing tabards in dungeons as well.

Get rid of multiple raid difficulties. All it does is split up the already thinning playerbase. Normal difficulty straight through, which is geared for by running actually difficult Heroic dungeons. Heroic raids should exist, but they should be more like Wrath-style raiding, with specific unique mechanics to "activate" harder fights for more loot. Not just bigger numbers and maybe 1-2 small new mechanics.
>>
>>338729590
>if they added in a free realm
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>338730846
>Warlock with that Transmog

More like a Gaylock amirite?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_052416_084407.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_052416_084407.jpg
541 KB, 1920x1080
>>338731181

:)

>>338731264

Changed transmog for your approval.

>>338731324
>>338731442

It's actually mage tier 3.

>>338731483

How about this one?
>>
>>338731254
Nah, Cata bosses still felt fairly elegant and smartly designed. Fights like Omnitron Defense System, Sinestra and Warlord Zon'ozz really stand out in my mind as great bosses. Although some of them pushed the boundaries too far, like fucking Throne of the Four Winds
>>
>>338729485
>not finding a 1:1 realm (there is only like 1 per region) and leveling there
Fucking Emerald Dream. You can't even phase with non-RP realms, but the WPvP is so dank.
>>
>>338730771
Sadly true. I wish there were more raids. Hopefully the yearly expansions plan will mean more raids overall.
>>338731124
>Motherfucking Blackhand
>Not memorable
His fight was better than Archimonde. It might be just his voice though.

The fel/void dude was cool too. I liked the mechanic where fel/void fire on the ground had to be detonated.
>>
>>338731587
Always hated that set.

Looks like a walking Majora's Mask.
>>
>>338731591
>Warlord Zon'ozz

fuck
progressing on him on hc was pretty fun
shame the raid overall sucked ass

also his voice gave me nightmares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTlbwR6y4pU&nohtml5=False
>>
>>338731289
>i bought 20 tokens
nice talking out of your ass
you can only have one
seems I caught you in a lie
>>
>>338731701
>the yearly expansions plan

they've been spouting that nonsense since fucking cataclysm. it's been over 5 years since then and we've been getting year- long content drought with every single expac since then.
>>
>>338731591
TotFW's weren't really cluster fucks

Al'Akir was spread out don't stand in stuff and have good timing with dealing with adds in phase 2

Wind Council was splitting the raid into 3 groups and dodging stuff/ kiting adds
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_052416_115045.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_052416_115045.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
>>338731587
T5 or Bust

You didn't become a Warlock to not be edgy, did you?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_052416_085136.jpg (670 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_052416_085136.jpg
670 KB, 1920x1080
>>338731891

Then why do I have these in my alt paladin's inventory you autist?
>>
>>338731591
At least warlords had a decent final boss and nobody KSed you.

Fucking thrall when will he die
Metzen isn't even the lead writer anymore
Someone kill him please
>>
>>338732025
>TotFW's weren't really cluster fucks
No, but I mean they tried to be too different, and ended up just being annoying and no fun.
>>
>>338732167
Don't use them now you retard
Why are you playing garrisons of draenor
>>
>>338732347

I make about 38k from garrisons per day (takes 10 minutes or so total), so it's worth it to use the token.
>>
>>338732316
I don't see how they were different but ok
>>
>>338732230
>At least warlords had a decent final boss
You mean a rehash of a rehash?
>>
File: hLNCJw4.png (10 KB, 55x92) Image search: [Google]
hLNCJw4.png
10 KB, 55x92
>>338732149
Keybind your spells you fucking casual. Jesus christ.
>>
File: 1458832747909.jpg (106 KB, 654x862) Image search: [Google]
1458832747909.jpg
106 KB, 654x862
>>338732403
>38k
>Per day

Are you trickidding me?

>>338732517
I said decent, not great. Still better than dragon manicure.
>>
>>338732531
literally no reason to keybind everything
>>
>>338708758
What would make me play it?
No sub
Fun combat
Shit to do
>>
File: 2700 wodwalker mong.jpg (423 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2700 wodwalker mong.jpg
423 KB, 1600x900
>>338732695
if you're a casual shitter who only engages in casual shitter activities, sure
>>
>>338732692
This is only possible if you invest gold into your garrison and multiple level 100 characters
>>
>>338732815
>Muh cheeb points
>>
>>338732815
>Thinks getting glad in 2015 is an achievement

WEW LAD
>>
>>338732764
>Fun combat
Combat has been fun since at least Cata for most classes. Sure they occasionally fuck up one of the specs, but there's always something that's worth playing.
>Shit to do
At least we have Mythic dungeons now. That brings us back up to TBC levels of "shit to do".
>>
>>338732403
What buildings/Missions get you 38k per day?
>>
>>338732949
>Thinks getting glad in 2007 is an achievement

Druid spotted
>>
>>338732695
>Not keybinding shadowburn or whatever
>Not keybinding fear
>Not binding both dank circle spells with one macro
>Not keybinding dark soul
>Not keybinding your battle rez

>No reason to keybind everything xD

Yeah that's why you don't keybind summons, ember trash or water breathing. You do bind relevant spells.
>>
>>338709912
>And WoW is currently the most "inactive" it's been.

Why the quotation marks? No two ways about it, this is a fact you stupid nigger.
>>
File: 1356234235325.png (190 KB, 575x555) Image search: [Google]
1356234235325.png
190 KB, 575x555
>>338732815
>muh hardcore WoW pvp
>>
>>338732815
>he plays arena
L M A O
>>
>>338732815
I still feel dirty about getting my Glad title back in the day in a 3s team in which I was the healer. Mostly because I had always been DPS, but got desperate to do better in PVP.

I always talked about wanting to get it as DPS, seeing myself as really solid in that role, but I only ever did good in arena as a healer. Mostly, 'cause it turns out, I'm shit as DPS and a much better healer.
>>
>>338732692
if you have 10 max level characters with fully upgraded garrisons then you shit out an ungodly amount of cash every day
>>
>>338733074
>>338733126
>WoW is bad because it has no content
>Actually there is content
>WEW LMAO LAD HE DOES CONTENT INSTEAD OF SITTING IN HIS GARRISON
>>
>>338733064
>Not keybinding shadowburn or whatever
bound

>Not keybinding fear
should bind

>Not binding both dank circle spells with one macro
dont give a fuck

>Not keybinding dark soul
not wasting a keybind for it

>Not keybinding your battle rez
thats a druid's job

Also recently learned that SS battle rezzes now.
>>
File: 1460656431556.jpg (270 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
1460656431556.jpg
270 KB, 590x590
>>338732815
>Glad in 2015
LMAO
>>
>>338733023
>>338732692
>>338732862
>>338733282

>13 100s
>treasure hunters, scavengers, oil finders on all
>do garrison missions and shipyard missions
>have tailoring on every char
>tailoring hut, inn/tavern, trading post (trade garrison resources for tailoring mats), and salvage yard (for boxes to open for transmog next patch)

I average 38k total per day. Maintaining each garrison takes about 1-2 minutes, meaning I spend ~10-20 mins per day doing this.
>>
>>338732815
>Not being high warlord

Get a load of this scrub
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.