[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Retro do a third DK game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Should Retro do a third DK game?
>>
>>338411790
Yes and another game at the same time.

Retro should really be multi team studio.
>>
Yes. Both new DK games were fucking amazing
>>
>>338411790
I hope so, although I feel like there's always going to be somebody else around to make good DK games if Retro isn't working on the series while Metroid fans can't really say the same thing.
>>
>>338411790
Returns and Tropical Freeze were fucking great, but I'd really like to see something new from them.
>>
Absolutely. King K. Rool should return as well, it's been way too long since we ever saw him as the main antagonist for a mainline DKC game
>>
Heh, I just finished playing Tropical Freeze. Just finished W3

Its pretty fun. I am getting only the KONG letters for now, and then going back for Puzzle Pieces/Medals.

The unlockable levels (#-K) are WAYY harder than I expected.

Bopopilous was a huge test of my patience but now I am so good at popping
>>
>>338412093
I thought RETRO "announced" they were working on 2 projects. One were a DKC project and the second one is secret.
>>
>>338411790
If they want?

I mean, I'd love a third game or Prime 4, but if they feel passionate about something, that's when they make good games. They shouldn't be forced to do a game.

Look at how shit Armature's releases has been.
>>
Yes. With Kremlings.
>>
I'm glad many people have come around on TF. I remember it got a negative reaction when it was revealed but that may have been because a lot of Metroid fans were still reeling from Other M and saw Retro as their only hope.
>>338413396
Yeah, that's the right answer. Retro should work on what they're passionate about. DK was something they wanted to do for a long time before Miyamoto gave them to go ahead.
>>
>>338414106
Most people who actually played the game enjoyed it, the people who disliked it was DKC 1-3 and Prime people because they didn't get what they wanted.
>>
I thought DKCR was shit myself, but I am an oldfag who's really attached to the originals.

I haven't played Tropical Freeze but it looks pretty good tho.
>>
>>338412797
I remember Miyamoto saying they could be a two team studio, but there is no confirmation they are.
>>
>>338414923
Maybe you should bother checking their job sections and get some clues from them.
>>
>>338411790
I think having a trilogy like the original DKC games would be nice. No idea how they're going to improve on Dong Freeze though.
>>
>>338412483
Bopopolis is one of the hardest levels. Now it's smooth sailing until you get to Platform Problems
>>
>>338414731
It's more of the same. The ice theme doesn't even come up until the last world and a half.
>>
>>338411790
yes I want the Kremlings back and to switch between kongs, no riding on Dks back
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.