[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help guys. I recently gave a few old FROM games a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: armor.jpg (25 KB, 190x220) Image search: [Google]
armor.jpg
25 KB, 190x220
I need your help guys. I recently gave a few old FROM games a try (The original Dark Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes), and I was pleasantly surprised by both. Because of this I am looking into grabbing an Armored Core game on the PS3. Which one should I buy? Also, is the series similar to Custom Robo or Gtocha Force at all? Gotcha Force is my favorite game, so that would be an instant sell to me.
>>
>>338405275
For Answer if you want to go fast and have less options
Verdict Day if you want to go not fast and have more options

4 and 5 are just inferior versions compared to either of these. Online is pretty barren and a big part of Verdict Day. Yeah it's like Custom Robo
>>
>>338405275
Get a PS2 and Last Raven or Silent Line

I don't know much about Custom Robo or Gotcha Force, but AC has you build a mecha from the ground up, and they're all prett fucking comprehensive
>>
>>338405275
For Answer is a good one.
Nexus is pretty good too.
Haven't played the newer ones.
>>
Verdict day didn't seem as good as 5 to me but I didn't actually play for too long

Also everyone says for answer is better but I kinda liked 4 more

2 is the best armored core anyway
>>
>>338405817
Do not play Last Raven first.
>>
>>338405275
>old FROM games
>The original Dark Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes
wow I feel old
>>
Play Nexus, if you're REALLY into it play Last Raven.

If you really want to be safe play Armored Core 3 (and if you give a shit about Armored Core's awful story) play Silent Line afterwards. Silent Line is considered the holy grail by a lot of people.

Just do not play Last Raven first and do not purchase Ninebreaker.
>>
>>338406028
I know they aren't old in that sense, they just arent current like ds3 or bloodborne. Don't worry anon, you're fine.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just bit on for answer
>>
I've played 4/FA/5/LR/SL

Any more worth playing?
>>
>>338406193
Another Age is pretty solid out of a few broken parts but unless you're playing on Kai who gives a shit.
>>
>>338406193
Verdict day, go on vg to see when they all play or find a pro to play with
>>
>>338406374
Wasn't really a fan of 5 desu

Does VC significantly alter the feel of the game?
>>
>>338406501
>Does VC significantly alter the feel of the game?

Not really, it is the same as with For Answer.
Just an upgrade of the original.
>>
>>338406501
Still keeps rock paper scissors. Still no outright real flying. % changes for the most part.

Get the JP version if you really want to play with a community instead of 30 shitty loyalists who can't accept the fact that V and VD were a massive failure in the NA community.

But really though the JP community is alive and well for the most part.
>>
>>338406501
Turning is a bit faster and like anon said its basically a refined ver of 5.
Also, iys more multiplayer based so youre fucked if no bro to play with. Some missions are hard if you dont have another player
>>
Out of curiosity,, why shouldn't Last Raven get played first?
>>
File: 1432173269438.gif (2 MB, 430x532) Image search: [Google]
1432173269438.gif
2 MB, 430x532
>>338406880
>asking why a game named last raven should'nt be played first
>>
>>338406880
It is designed with the fact that everyone played the old ones and has a save to import in mind.
Even the best AC players get constantly crushed on the easiest possible campaign route.

A newbie can't progress past the first actual mission in that game.
>>
Are any of the PSP ports good? All I have is a Vita.
>>
>>338406880
It's probably the most punishing older gen Armored Core to newer players and part balance disparity can offput a lot of people.

Overheating became a lot more exaggerated, it happens a lot often more (mimicked from Nexus) and the game in general is just harder - a lot more missions are longer in general and the missions where you fight pilots aren't as easy as they were in 3 or Silent line.

Also Python.
>>
>>338407107
Avoid Formula Front and you're good although that's not a port just avoid that in general.
>>
>>338405275
For Answer is a Sequel to 4 so play 4 first. Keep in mind both of these games have horrible translations such as 4 missing half it's story and 4A thinking White Glint is piloted by a women when it's a man who pilots it and his operator speaks for him the pilot is who you play as from 4

5 and VD are very different by 5 is a sequel to 4A and VD is a sequel to 5
>>
>>338405909
>Nexus is pretty good too.
Yeah if you like being restricted to like 2 boosters and 3 generators unless you enjoy being overheated all the fuckin time, even with boost hopping
>>
>>338406995
>>338407086
>>338407232
Oh jesus

It was my first
>>
>>338407773
And did you finish it?
>>
>>338407773
If you've actually beaten it you have my respect
>>
>>338407232
>the missions where you fight pilots aren't as easy as they were in 3 or Silent line

It gets a lot easier when you realize that a lot of AI ACs have shit turn rates and stay airborne most of the time, so you can just follow their shadow and slash them when they eventually get down.
>>
>>338407896
I didn't get all of the paths, but yeah, I finished it a few times

Some of those pulverizer fights were a fucking nightmare
>>
What is the best portable Armored Core?

What is the best portable Armored Core?
3?
Silent Line?
Last Raven?
>>
>>338408993
Just play them in order so you can carry over your AC to later games.
>>
>>338406193
AA, 3, Nexus
>>
>>338409412
What's the order?
>>
>>338410495
Uh, 3 - SL - LR? Did you accidentally order them like that in your post or are you fucking with me?
>>
>>338410573
It was coincidence. Thanks.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.