[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /v/ want to discuss this pearl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Ff8_logo.png (283 KB, 650x529) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283 KB, 650x529
Why doesn't /v/ want to discuss this pearl?
>>
worst FF with II
>>
>>338398107
Because it's not FFVII?
>>
File: latest.png (178 KB, 508x510) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
178 KB, 508x510
It's discussed almost daily. Like all Final Fantasies, some people like it, some others don't.

It is probably the most broken game I have ever seen and yet it's never in a "bad" way. It's just really, really easy to become overpowered. Still, a great nostalgic game for me.
>Comfy cities
>Great soundtrack
>Triple Triad

I actually just completed X and I think it's far worse than VIII. Nostalgia power, I guess.

By the way, what is your GFfu and why is it Pandemona?
>>
>>338398107
VIII was my first FF, hated it back then and I hate it even more now. Everything about it (aside from the music and triple triad) was so heavily flawed it's ridiculous. Say what you will about VII and X being disgustingly overrated but I would still rank both of them above VIII. Heck even IX, the one that VIIIfags shit on the most, is still a far better game.
>>
I haven't figured out how to play triple triad yet. I'm at that second garden place. Am I a failure?
>>
>>338398706
Triple Triad is literally the only part of FF8 that is worth playing.
>>
>>338398551
>the one that VIIIfags shit on the most
>source: my delusional ass
>>
File: ff8_squall-car.jpg (57 KB, 567x448) Image search: [Google]
ff8_squall-car.jpg
57 KB, 567x448
>dat feel when stuck in a group full of completely inept people who are supposed to be pros
>>
>>338399007
>source: every FF thread here ever
>>
>>338398107
>tfw you never beat the game because of a scratched disc.
>it was right at the part where some cutscene takes place in space
>>
File: 54325785_p35.jpg (193 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
54325785_p35.jpg
193 KB, 600x500
I have no idea why I like VIII. The story is retarded and the game is very flawed, but I still have fun.
>>
/v/ played it as children when they thought romance was icky

Okay, really though, the game does have problems. You can break the game not just with specific manipulation of the systems like FFT or FFII (which gets too much hate) but by just playing the game normally and doing what it tells you to.

The romance really does get too much shit though; I found the character arcs to be great and the romance to be very gradual and believable. I don't know if others found it jarring because they assumed the characters were only feeling exactly what they stated, or if they missed subtleties, or if I'm just inserting headcanon that makes it flow well, but people saying the romance was out of nowhere confuse me.
>>
I genuinely believe that FFVII is the worst mainline FF game pre-XIII.

Fight me
>>
>>338399692
The romance is pretty icky though.
>>
>>338399692
>I found the character arcs to be great and the romance to be very gradual and believable.

Any romance which needs other characters to jump in and try to force you together even at the most inappropriate of moments is not believable and certainly not "gradual".
>>
>>338399946
Why do you think so?
>>
>>338399692
Before entering Galbadia Garden on disc 2, Squall seems annoyed that Rinoa is coming onto him so hard. After Galbadia Garden, when Rinoa is in a coma, Squall is willing to go to Esthar alone to treat her.
>>
>>338399946
Why should anyone fight mentally handicapped children?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.