[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pc racing controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: mfile_76_122095_1.jpg (61 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
mfile_76_122095_1.jpg
61 KB, 500x370
sup /v/
I need your advice. I did google around for this, but I'd like to hear the opinion of actual gaming intellectuals.
I want a controller to use for my pc, and mainly for racing. However, all the 'best' ones are based off the xbox controllers, but I like the look and feel of PS controllers a lot more.
Which would you recommend? I dont want a wheel.
>>
I personally prefer the Xbox-based controllers. The 360 ones work out of the box with Windows and Windows-based games.
If you prefer the Playstation-based controllers, just go with them.
>>
>>338397634
>just go with them
thanks, should I just buy all of them then?
With 'which would you recommend' I meant which PS based controller out there would you recommend for racing on pc?
>>
I like the 360 controller over dualshock 3 for racing games because of the triggers and stick placement. Haven't tried xbone or ds4 so can't say about those but atleast the ds4 has the triggers curving outwards so it got that going for it already.
>>
>>338396946
PS controllers are not so good for racers as the triggers dont feel right but if you want to use one defiantly get the DS4.
360 controller would be the best though
>>
>>338396946
a PS3 controller will work with motionjoy on PC.

You can't get better then that given it's not a third party controller.
>>
>>338398084
>>338398196
thanks, I might just buy 2 controllers then
>>
>>338398386
Also scuf makes PS3/4 controllers that use the same set up with motionjoy drivers

Scuf benefit over using just a regular non third party PS3 controller is literally you have back paddles for the input buttons. Which makes them cost $160-240 more then a regular controller from Sony.
>>
>>338398386
yes you can, motion joy is shit malware

get scp driver or whatever the fuck it's called. you can find a link on the emulation wiki controller section
>>
>>338396946
360 gamepad the best
>>
a wheel
>>
File: 4playercoop.jpg (131 KB, 1672x940) Image search: [Google]
4playercoop.jpg
131 KB, 1672x940
>>338396946

I use them all on my PC and also have a ps4. I love racing games. If you want my honest opinion, nothing beats the xbox one triggers and with the force feedback they're amazing for acceleration. Also the joystic is so smooth and precise that it makes turning curves while staying in your lane a breeze. So if you want what I think it's best for racing, get the xbox one controller for pc. If you must have a PS controller then get a DS4, they're also very good and miles ahead of the DS3.

Also, the xbox controllers are pretty much plug and play, for the PS controllers you need third party drivers.
>>
>>338399562
thank you
>>
File: ms49.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ms49.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
What are you, fucking retarded? DS4 absolutely sucks for racers.

The triggers in the Xbox One controller offer by far the most precise controller option. Specifically the Elite model.
>>
>Controller for racing

G27?

Seriously though I think the Dualshock 3 would be a good choice seeing as it had "Triggers" that were more akin to pedals. They sucked as actual triggers but were excellent for racing games due to their design and analogue input.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.