[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did we think bioshock infinite was a good game??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1417733616611.jpg (362 KB, 2120x1300) Image search: [Google]
1417733616611.jpg
362 KB, 2120x1300
Why did we think bioshock infinite was a good game??
>>
>>338392863
It wasn't.
>>
>>338392863
Elizabeth

Rest of the game is garbage
>>
>>338392863
had a nice waifu. besides that didnt seem that good. didnt play it but saw a bit heard how different it was from previous bioshock games etc.
Considering the ones who were praising it to high heaven were the same who said FE: awakening story was good (a game I actually played and had one of the worst scripts in the series by far), that didnt help my view of it.
>>
>>338392863
I've bashed it pretty hard, even went as far as making gifs and shit.
>>
It is a good game, not great, just good.
>>
>>338392863

It was a good game. Not the game of the year, not the best game ever made, not even a great game. But it was a good game.

Quality isn't binary.
>>
Anyone who ever thought Bioshock Infinite was good should have been hung.
>>
>>338393820
>>338393719
>>338393623
>>338393428

The DLC wasn't that bad, However the game was shit.

They said open world, suddenly then changes that on release.

Thanks for telling us that you removed and rewrote the entire game, I haven't preordered a single game since.
>>
WAIT A MINUTE, THAT CARD
>>
>>338392863
Ive played it, enjoyed it. Never gonna replay it tho. I give it 7/10
>>
Reminder that there is STILL a Bioshock Infinite general on /vg/

Entry level waifushit is a powerful force, but at least we have /vg/ as a containment board for waifu faggots
>>
>>338393995

Don't really care about open world, in fact I aggressively dislike open world games. It's most often just an excuse for shit storyline and shitty quests. I'd rather have a tight, enjoyable corridor shooter akin to Half-Life than a mish-mash clusterfuck like Skyrim.

Anyway, Bioshock Infinite had just enough of a story to keep me interested and had decent enough pacing to keep the action and the story rolling. The end twist was also something I liked, even though I saw it coming from miles away. It's not my favourite game or even my favourite shooter, but I enjoyed spending the six to eight hours it took me to play through it. Yeah, it had bucketloads of problems and room for improvement and many aspects of the story made no fucking sense, but that wasn't the point. The point is that I got entertainment for multiple hours. You know, how you don't keep watching Fight Club or Blade Runner over and over again even though you think they're amazing, sometimes you just wanna watch Van Helsing or Avengers.

Only thing I regret is paying 60 euros for it, when I should've paid something like 30.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>338392863
Cause you're newfags.
>>
>>338394238
Shit taste.
>>
>>338392863
Waifu, but it basically goes back to why people thought Bioshock was good in the first place - they never played System Shock 2. Bioshocks were also your average FPS dudebro's first contact with real story in their favorite genre.
>>
>>338392863
Dude, /v/ shit on this game so hard when it came out.
It was overrated as fuck, and clearly shouldn't have been full priced. Glad I got it for free.

Still, the graphics in that game are comfy as fuck.
>>
>>338392863

It tugged at some emotional strings. The setting, or its concept at the very least, was well done. The premise was quite intriguing at first.

However, it took me less than 10 minutes to start hating the game on my second playthrough. I'm very adverse to /v/'s bitching about overrated games "that you thought were good but weren't" but in this case it was spot on. I even got the season pass (it was included in the retail version I picked up, basically for free) and haven't downloaded any of the DLC.
>>
>>338392863
I didn't. Liked the Luteces though.
>>
File: Costanza (12).jpg (578 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Costanza (12).jpg
578 KB, 1000x1000
It was the first FPS I played. Avoided the genre like the plague and still do.

Also waifus, I guess
>>
no one on /v/ except some marketeers were positive about the game. It was shit and pretended to be deep even though the end just didnt make sense.

Its like a cod game where in the end you suddenly walk onto a beach where they have a party and all the guys you shot are there without any explanation and no one explains anything and it is supposed to have a message.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4

Daily reminder
>>
>>338392863
I played through it twice in a row to 100% it

It was okay but not the incredible mindfucking masterpiece that some people made it out to be.
>>
It had better gunplay than the previous two but they even fucked that up by giving you almost-duplicate guns for the second half of the game.

Such a shame because the environment is very pretty, it's a great game for screenshots but does nearly everything worse than it's predecessors without improving much.
>>
The plot commits suicide around Finktown and never recovers.

>A single wrench blow from a 90 pound weakling knocks Booker out for hours and his airship is hijacked
>All this retarded bullshit about jumping dimensions to get the machinery for the chink
>Booker still thinks his deal with Daisy is on after moving two universes over
>Booker destroys an airship while on a multidimensional fetch quest to obtain an airship
>Fink's master plan is to make the man who is kill on sight in the whole city his chief of security because reasons
>Don't even need any machinery, just jump directly to the revolution universe
>Fucking EVERYTHING about Daisy, including the brain imploding stupidity of the DLC retcon
>>
what's the fucking point of hyping up a giant enemy boss and never letting you actually fight it.
>>
>>338392863
>now that the dust has settled...
It was waifufaggotry, as always.
They need to be killed off for the good of this board.
>>
>>338396465
Oh god you made me remember that game.
I was legit furious at how idiotic the story was.
>>
because the shills hammered /v/ day and night playing on this ugly waifu shit right here >>338395242
>>
>>338396569
Because the leather and copper clad bird man is invulnerable because the writers said so

I mean, it is a videogame. They could have let us have an unwinnable bossfight with it if we chose to engage it, since videogames thrive on interactivity. Maybe make it immediately loop/reset to right before the fight when you lose, and you need to find an alternate way to avoid him or something

But nope. Lets get rid of actual gameplay and just handwave it and say he can't be beaten
>>
it was completely shit on day and night for like 3 months here

newfags get off my board REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338392863
The hell is this "we" shit? Get out of here.
>>
File: pure bliss.jpg (62 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
pure bliss.jpg
62 KB, 540x720
>western waifufags
stay in /co/ and /aco/ pls
>>
>>338392863

>We
No most of /v/ isn't composed of the "I think Skyrim is the best game of all time" vidya-normies.
>>
File: i fucking swear to Nova.png (9 KB, 205x240) Image search: [Google]
i fucking swear to Nova.png
9 KB, 205x240
>>338392863
what is that OP?
>>
>>338392863
I didn't and the consensus on /v/ at the time tended to agree with me.
>>
>we
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.