[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Divinity's Story really THAT bad? Because I hear combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
417 KB, 1920x1080
Is Divinity's Story really THAT bad?

Because I hear combat and stuff in the game is absolutely awesome.

I would love a comfy RPG to play.

(also, EE vs Classic?)
>>
HELLO ANYONE?
>>
The story isn't bad (for a Divinity game). You just have to deal with the game's sluggish pace right at the beginning, and that's presumably what sets people off.
>>
>>338391279
Oh, forgot to mention you should pick up EE instead of classic if you intend to play the game. It's pretty comfy once you get out of Cyseal (probably the weakest part of the game).
>>
>>338391279
No, it's the writing STYLE. Sure Divinity games were always lighthearted, but Larian seriously just let interns write DOS. Voice acting added in EE didn't help one bit.
>>
>>338392197
You just failed to comprehend the satire, mate.
>>
Literally ever criticism against writing I see on /v/ is "it's boring". Most people here wouldn't know good writing from bad writing
>>
>>338391279
It's a great game with some flaws not as bad as the few autistic retard make it seem that shitpost constantly on DOS. There's this one guy that will sooner or later answer to any Divinity thread and tell you how bad it's designed because he skipped any dialogue.

It's worth the money and gives content for about 80 hours.
>>
Dunno how's when you leave main city but holy fuck that was some generic story, i just couldn't play it, awful

Which is shame really, the game is pretty fun
>>
>>338394395
>It's worth the money and gives content for about 80 hours.

Nobody talked about buying the game, shill.
>>
Does it deserve the effort to slug my way through the first city? It is absolutely boring.
>>
The story is generic, but it's pretty entertaining if you don't get too into it.

The problem is that you have to fuck around in the first town for like an hour an a half just talking to people.

It's normal world building in any fantasy setting, but it gets stale pretty quick
>>
>>338393965
I like the story, but goddamn Cyseal drags along like a motherfucker. To me, it's because there's not much combat during the Councilor Jake chapters until near the end. It's like, "Oh hey, check out our game with this cool shit combat system, but first you're gonna have to spend six hours trying to get a cat laid and keep a dumbshit guard from trying to fuck an orc. BY THE WAY TRY OUT DRAGON COMMANDER LAWL"
>>
>punspunspunspunspunspunspunspunspunspuns
Thats Div:OS writing in a nutshell
The story itself in a very simple U R CHOOSEN 1! Except this time there are two chosen ones.
>>
>>338396140
Wat? Takes me like 20 minutes to run almost all the sidequests in Cyseal and immediately jump onto lighthouse quest
>>
>>338396781
Except you aren't the chosen ones, and it's not that simple.
>>
>>338391279
Story, plot and lore are utterly boring and forgettable, but the writing itself is great. As in, the characters, what they're saying and how they are saying it, is probably the best stuff I've come across in gaming.
Seriously, I can't remember reading such well done whimsical, clever and witty writing in another game. Ever.
Combat is a lot of fun, I recommend a harder difficulty if you're at least somewhat used to TBS and have patience. The pacing starts flaking off after the first chapter, but at that point you'll already be in love with the game.
EE, definitely.
>>
File: 2015-12-13_18-59-07.png (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13_18-59-07.png
3 MB, 1440x900
Classic is better. EE is basically No Fun Allowed Edition, and not enhanced at all. Pic related: classic lone wolf fun.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.