[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were the director for Twilight Princess, what would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: twilightprincess.png (272 KB, 292x411) Image search: [Google]
twilightprincess.png
272 KB, 292x411
If you were the director for Twilight Princess, what would you have done differently?
>>
>>338390997
Nothing.

easily the best 3d game in the series

..maybe would've done without the wolf transformation stuff
>>
>>338390997
>Speed up/cut out the slow shit in the beginning
>Have Zant not turn into a goof
>Add more stuff to do in Castle Town
>Either add more shit to do in Hyrule field or cut the fat from it
>Make the enemy music less disruptive at certain points (e.g. during Midna's Lament)
>Give wolf form more uses but make less annoying to use (more howling songs, give larger moveset, etc.)

Honestly, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. TP wasn't THAT bad.
>>
>>338390997
made the game actually not fucking boring
>>
no wolf shit
>>
I really love TP, but I'd have to say less or no wolf shit. It ain't bad, and it's an interesting idea, but not the best for the Zelda games.
>>
>Get rid of the dumb shit in the beginning involving the cradle and the cat
>Add more stuff in the overworld, maybe some more Poe Souls or golden bugs or something
>Put more statues to move with the Dominion Rod and places to use the Spinner and the Ball and Chain in the overworld
>Decrease the number of Tears of Light and make the bug locations less spread out

Other than that, the game was great.
>>
>>338390997
Made the graphics not look like garbage and make it brighter. Seriously this game is ugly as fuck and it's mediocre at best.
>>
>>338390997
make it a PC game.
>>
>Basic
Add manual shielding and magic meter back.
Make Gale Boomerang, Spinner, Dominion Rod, Spin Attack use magic.

>Wolf
TOTALLY change Twilight Realm segments to small wolf dungeons instead. Like Beneath the Well or Ikana Castle.

>Structure
Shorten the early part of the game, remove the slingshot.
Gerudo Desert is attached directly to Lake Hylia, but you need a new item to cross it (new boots maybe?).

>Story
Zant got his power from Ganon, but Ganon is not in the game at all
>>
>>338390997
>no wolf
>twilight world stays but is expanded to serve as an alternative world for exploration
>beginning is much less linear and opens up quickly. Within the first thirty minutes you're in the tutorial dungeon. By the first hour you're in the overworked with multiple paths open to explore, after all one of your objectives is to rescue the kids
>take some inspiration from MM and add a lot of HCs and rupee chests to the overworld.
>replace rupee armor with two armors, that just looks stylish and not traditionally link.
>incorporate elements where you switch between the twilight and real world for dungeon mechanics and overworld exploration, similar to the desert ship in SS.
>more twil midna
>>
Remove the wolf and twilight world.
Add the missing stuff from the first two trailers (Spider, bomb arrows, etc.).
>>
>>338396350
Bomb arrows are in the final game though.
>>
improve wolf combat, fix the input lag on some weapons, give Illia more of an interesting character dynamic, and add more snowboarding
>>
Fix the movement, replaying the HD edition and moving around (especially in Wolf form and with Epona) feels so bad.

Now I think about it, Zelda games never really felt great to play. The best I can think off is WW's combat.
>>
>>338397331

>best I can think of is WW's combat

but thats arguably the easiest in the series
>>
>>338397476
I'm not talking about difficulty, just how it feels to play. The music notes each time you hit an enemy were just right, and fighting the armored guys where you ripped pieces of their armor of felt so good.
>>
>>338390997
Fix the slow intro and add more challenging.
>>
I would show Zelda's exquisite breasts.
>>
>>338397331
The HD port fucked up the movement, it wasn't bad on GC/Wii
>>
>>338398967
Any evidence for this?

Genuinely curious, because if so I might just sell it and get DOOM or something else instead. I'm 5 hours in and haven't been enjoying it at all, nowhere near as much as when I played it on Wii.
>>
>>338399082
Just emulate it. TP looks better in Dolphin with fanmod HD textures anyway.
>>
>>338398967
Every speedrunner I watched (who play TP for thousands of hours) that sat down to play the Wii U version was nagging about movement constantly. It's what put me off from buying it.
>>
>>338399301
I tried but the excessive bloom (which was already bad) was bugged to all hell. Maybe I should just skip on replaying the game entirely.

>>338399483
Well that's it then. Selling this piece of junk. Thank god I wasn't suckered into getting the £40 Amiibo version.
>>
File: 1457662863931.jpg (356 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1457662863931.jpg
356 KB, 850x850
More Midna butt
>>
>>338399710
I think there's a mod that removes most of the bloom.
>>
>>338399787
I'll try and find it, thanks. Although I doubt I'll actually get that into it.
>>
>>338390997
cut out midna, leia and all wolf stuff
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.