[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadow of Mordor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Was this any good? What did /v/ think?
>>
MAN SWINE
>>
>>338388515
8/10 game
2/10 final boss fight
>>
yee
>>
One of the most boring games in recent memory. Holy fuck. It was overrated, definitely.

Would still like to see what they could do with a sequel though.
>>
Average as fuck

The combat is 99% of the game, and it is just a shitty shallower copy of Bam Ham combat.
>>
No option to remove hud 0/10
>>
Another boring open world with 3000000 collectables and the same 4 missions on repeat.

Thanks Assassins Creed
>>
>>338388515
I really enjoyed it
First game I 100%'d in a long time
>>
Although it was basically the same 4 missions on repeat, it did feel genuinely fun. I beat a cracked version then I bought the full game with DLC and beat it.

I think of the game as a Batman game with way more brutal combat and none of the weird detective shit (except for playing memories on the artifacts you find, which is just a stupid side thing you can do if you enjoy the lore)
>>
only cool because of the nemesis system, which is still one of the most 'next gen' things to come out in recent years
>>
9/10 game but the story missions were kinda lame. Combat was awesome and I loved the nemesis system
>>
>>338388892
this
>>
>>338388515
That nemesis system makes that game worth mentioning, but on the hole probably only a 3/5
>>
>>338388515
It's a solid game with great Nemesis system, but if you don't find pleasure in combat and only combat you'll get bored couple of hours in because that's literally ALL the game has - combat.
>>
>>338388515
I got a lot of mileage out of this game. The nemesis system and the combat and stealth were all really fun so I kept coming back just to fuck around and kill orcs and make them fight eachother or betray their warlords and shit. My only complaint was how overpowered you become at the end of the game. The game doesn't handle difficulty all that well and the more challenging Uruks warlords youll face will just have a long list of immunities and skills making it so you have to figure out the one way you actually can kill them. But still, I always come back to this game because it's just fun to fuck around in.
>>
>>338388515
Black Flag and Assasins Creed 2 are better.
But Shadows of Mordor is the third best in the series.
>>
It's as good as you play it. The nemesis system will let you know how much ass you suck if you keep dying. Or the Orcs will flee in terror at the very sight of you if you slaughter huge armies effortlessly.
>>
>>338388756
>8/10 game
The combat isn't even 8/10, and that's most of the gameplay.
>>
>>338390358
You always end up OP in games with optional progression because they're not balanced around people who will unlock all or even most of the upgrades. Games are essentially balanced around a "minimum run" most of the time aka so any mouth breather can just rush the main story and win.
>>
Was fun. I'm sure it costs almost nothing now. Worth a play.
>>
Seemed kinda interesting, but then I learned that it has Bamham combat and made me immediately turned off by it.
>>
the game is more satisfying than it is fun if that makes any sense.

the personality of the orcs is like the entire meat of the game.
i'd love to replay it on my 980, i'm sure it looks gorgeous. it was a beast game, even for a 290.
>>
Just pirated it today, and it looks gorgeous, but.. Yeah the amount of open world - get this, get that - bullshit is not cool.

It's kinda boring.
>>
>>338388515
probably for the best that it ended up an LoTR game rather than a Soul Reaver game as initially planned
>>
Mediocre game. Nemesis system was cool as fuck though. Basically seemed like a tech demo for the nemesis system. Have any pther games used it since this though?
>>
4/10 gameplay
0/10 writing
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.