[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any modern PC games come with installation discs anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1461338489704.jpg (25 KB, 258x275) Image search: [Google]
1461338489704.jpg
25 KB, 258x275
Do any modern PC games come with installation discs anymore? Or at least where most of the game can be installed via discs? I saw games like FO4 and Doom come with 1 DVD (up to 8gb) and you have to download the rest of the game on steam. I'm on satellite internet with shit data caps and download speeds. Am I just fucked? Would switching to consoles help since they come on blu-rays? Or do they make you download huge day 1 patches?
>>
>Am I just fucked?
Yes.
Where the fuck do you live, the alps?
>>
If u have shit internet its not worth palying new games at all.

but if u must
>Wii U (Shit selection but rarely has patches)
>PS4 (Better selection but fucking huge patches)
>PC (Not a console, but big patches and bigger downloads)

Be pcmasterrace anyway. No shame in paying extra 2 play g8 gmes
>>
>>338383582
Consoles are no better really.
>>
>>338383673

Texas, switching to 4g soon but it only has 60gb cap ($1.50/gb over). Sucks.
>>
>>338383673
I live in the alps and we have 200 mbit internet senpai, I'm downloading FFXIV right now with 24 mb/s. No idea where OP is
>>
>>338383874
Sorry friend. Gaming is more of a first world hobby. Wiiu usually doesn't involve huge first day patches, for what it's worth.
>>
>>338384090

Oh well, guess I should sell my PC. i7-4770k and 980ti :(
>>
>>338384268
Where'd u steel those from Jaquel?
>>
>>338383874
>have to use 4G
>60GB cap

Why is america so backward?
>>
>>338383582
You could grab the game files from a library or something.

Steam's pretty good with that, just download it and copy the game app folder over I believe unless something's changed
>>
>>338384545

I'm spic so I prefer to be called Jose/Carlos/Juan and I have a job. Thx for asking.

>>338384667

America is pretty big, especially Texas. I moved 100 miles from a city and now live in a rural area with my own 10 acres. It's comfy but no vidya. :(
>>
Fucks sake. I was holding off on buying doom digital cause of my shit house Australian internet. Guess I have to bite the bullet and blow half my monthly usage on it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.