[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just don't know it anymore, /v/. I have never been so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 392219.jpg (47 KB, 604x573) Image search: [Google]
392219.jpg
47 KB, 604x573
I just don't know it anymore, /v/. I have never been so indesicive about a game. It looks so amazingly fun and I've been really looking for something that could replace TF2. I really enjoyed TF, but I was kinda late to the party and I wish I could play more with the starting community.

Now unfortunatly I couldnt play the Overwatch beta, my computer is crap and I can't get the best fps and $40 is steep for the amount of content, but the shills are really getting to me. Help me choose, /v/
>>
>>338383263
Im having the same problem.
>>
It's fun
>>
>starting community.

Starting community is always the best community; unless the game crapped out bugs all over the place..
>>
>>338383863

Did YOU try the beta?
>>
>>338383263
I did play the beta and liked it. However I'm not sure I could enjoy it more than 2 weeks so I didn't buy it. Overwatch hasn't a lot of different game modes.
>>
>>338384175
No.
>>
Why does it have to be one or the other? Play both you dunderhead.
>>
File: 5chogh.jpg (44 KB, 464x327) Image search: [Google]
5chogh.jpg
44 KB, 464x327
>>338384121
>mfw left4dead beta community
so many helpful, nice people willing to cooperate and explore
>>
>>338383263
Dear Valued Customer,

Please link your Facebook(TM) Acccount and I will be happy to assist. I am able to gift free activation codes in this short term promotion. The only catch is that you share screenshots of your EPIC Overwatch gaming moments with your friends over the next week.

Best Regards,
Affiliate ID 9001
>>
My main problemen is the specs of my computer. Some of my friens stated that High velocity characters were unplayable with their PC's. And I Love High velocity characters. Anyone else had these experiences or perhaps the opposite?
>>
>>338384209
How's your PC? My GFX is an Intel HD 5k and the game looked like butt, ran at 30 FPS but ran totally fine, no lag, no frame skips, I was able to tell what was going on clearly in a match.

Also made my PC fan turn on high but thathe might be because of the Summer heat because running Gungeon does the same thing.
>>
>>338383263

I had zero interest in it until I played the beta, honestly.

It's fun.
>>
>>338384349

Play Both what? The question is if I should buy Overwatch. I'm not thinking of buying any other game.
>>
>>338384430
It ran totally fine on my 2 yr old PC mxaed out, constant 70 fps (cap). Optimization is really good.

Besides, in a game like this you play on lowest possible anyway.
>>
>>338384641
You mention replacing TF2, which I was responding to.
But whether you should buy it or not is really up to you dude, if you think it looks fun and you can afford it, take a chance.
>>
>>338384430
see
>>338384589
What's your GFX card OP? If it's better than mine you'll be fine.
>>
>>338384208
Mobas have 1 game mode and is the same shit over and over again.

Look how popular those are.

People also dont play mobas becsuse free
>>
File: Capture.jpg (33 KB, 450x379) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
33 KB, 450x379
>>338384589
>>338384861
>>
File: 1463693960800.jpg (231 KB, 668x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463693960800.jpg
231 KB, 668x1000
>>338383263
here are some questions for you
>are you sick of the F2P grind to unlock gameplay relevant content?
>does TF2 not really do it for you anymore?
>are you sick of hardcore competetive scenes like CSGO and want a more casual relaxed experience?
>do you have friends to play with?
>do you not care about the developer but instead about the game?
>do you like the way the characters look?
>are you willing to cooperate with your teammates?
if you answered yes to most of these then this game is probably for you.
i personally had a great time and it's a nice change of pace.
not muh hardcore esports ranking game like CSGO and also not free to play garbage like Hearthstone,League or Heroes of the storm, also not a trading simulator like TF2.
granted if your PC is shit and you can't even get 60fps then don't bother.
>>
>20 tick

Don't get it until Blizzard has fixed this.
>>
>>338383263
I played like 40-50 hours of the beta and I still can't decide if I want to get it. The price feels a bit high even though I know I will be playing it for 100s of hours if I do buy it.
>>
>>338385373
>>are you sick of the F2P grind to unlock gameplay relevant content?

No, as long as the gameplay is good. I clocked over 1000 hours on TF2 and some of that was just trading and earning those hats. Gameplay relevent stuff, like for example new heroes, shouldnt be locked begind too much effort, but otherwise I;m fine and unlocking content keeps me playing.

>>does TF2 not really do it for you anymore?

Yes, I played everything that there is to play and the community is non existent.

>>are you sick of hardcore competetive scenes like CSGO and want a more casual relaxed experience?

Yes.

>>do you have friends to play with?

A handfull

>>do you not care about the developer but instead about the game?

Kinda. Ive never played a Blizzard game and this is the first one Im interested in, so I have no idea how good/bad of a developer Blizzard is.

>>do you like the way the characters look?

Yes, although their voice acting could be better,

>>are you willing to cooperate with your teammates?

Yes, I love teamwork based games.
>>
It's the most bland and boring shooter I've played in my entire life, and I've played a lot of bland and boring shooters.

Dirty Bomb is more fun and has far more depth / higher skills ceiling.
>>
bad game is bad.

should've cancelled the whole project titan instead of making this shitfest.
>>
>>338385943
Dirty Bomb suffers in having a small playerbase, shitty developer and a really fucking bad UI. The gameplay itself is fucking solid though. I play DB and I really enjoyed Overwatch's fluid UI and in general how smooth everything was.
>>
>>338386336

Small playerbase has never been a problem, you can find matches in any region at any time of day.

SD is definitely satan, though. They're done developing GoW2 though, and we got a pretty nice update with v2.0 Loadout cards yesterday. Or the day before. Whenever it was.

You can customize the UI easily or use someone elses' custom, and you can use custom configs to smooth out performance issues.
>>
>>338385182
Mine's actually better than yours. Honestly you should've tried the beta to see how your PC would handle the game. I was kinda excited that my PC could handle it.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1851&gid2=602&compare=intel-hd-graphics-5000-mobile-vs-quadro-fx-880m
>>
File: 1463754783080.png (356 KB, 681x573) Image search: [Google]
1463754783080.png
356 KB, 681x573
>>338385880
well then go get it.
unless you are one of those people who think that 40 bucks is a lot for a multiplayer videogame with years of support ahead of it.
>>338386587
>>338386336
>>338385943
>tfw my favourite thing about Dirty bomb was when they added execution
loved the bob defusing game mode, sadly only 2 maps.
also calling Overwatch bland and then bringing up Dirty bomb seems rediculous.
Dirty bomb has the most bland art direction i've seen in a while.
pretty fun game though, if only the developers would focus more on the game part and not on how to milk the consumer the most with cosmetic shit.
>>
I had very little interest in it and playing the beta killed the little interest I had.

It's way too slow, maps are all far too similar and the actual mechanics of the game are too simple. All of that plus having to play with blizzardbabies who are too busy drooling over their waifu to actually switch to a character that's needed or properly attack/defend points just makes for an extremely frustrating scenario.

I guess if you just want to hop in for 30 minutes and play extremely casually then it's perfect.
>>
>>338386587
>You can customize the UI easily
I didn't mean the GUI ingame but the menus and shit. All the useless loading times. Once you're ingame its all good but everything outside that is clunky as shit.
>>
Played about 25 hours of the beta.

I really liked it, was there for TF2 early community as well :)

I have a large group of irl friends that are all keen so it was a no brainer for me to buy it.
The amount of banter that this game produces is gold.
>>
>>338386850

You know, maybe Overwatch wasn't such a bad idea after all.

It's like a containment game for shitters.
>>
>>338384430
I got a 570 and could play everything well
>>
>>338383263
Can we have one fucking overwatch thread without mentioning the shit show that is TF2
>>
>>338383263
I would enter her anus with my jackhammer penis!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.