[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new journal entry Today I finished Uncharted 4. Mostly a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1463694134322.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463694134322.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>new journal entry

Today I finished Uncharted 4. Mostly a disappointment. It barely felt like an Uncharted game which goes to show who the driving force behind the series was.

I miss Amy. Fuck Straley and Druckmann.
>>
>>338377474
>>That part when you ride with Elena with the music only playing.

What the actual fuck was that. I know what they were going for but they missed their mark so bad.
>>
>>338377625
>WE HAVE TO SAVE MY BROTHER!
>Elena. I'm sorry.
>I'm really sorry Elena.
>Elena, I'm so sorry.

That entire part was so bad.
>>
how would you rank the series?
>>
2 4 1 3
>>
>>338378010
UC2 > UC1 > UC3 > UC4 > GA
>>
4 = 2 > 3 > 1
>>
>>338377474
I feel like the only person who really liked it. My biggest disappointment was what felt like a lack of big action set pieces--but it was made up for by a well-written story, satisfying character arcs, and an ending/epilogue that gave myself and the characters closure. As cheesy as it may be, it gave the characters the ending they deserved
>>
>>338377474
I loved it, I think it's the best one so far.

>>338377625
Music was complete shit though. You can see they hired Hans Zimmer junior and he gave the game to his assistants. From the main theme to the awful music playing when the whole cave is collapsing at the end (sad music instead of thrilling one, what?), everything was just badly made.
>>
>>338378293
Agreed.
>>
Uncharted 4 had

>best gameplay & gunplay
>best visuals
>best story
>best technology

Uncharted 2 had
>best music
>best set pieces

Pretty close but 4 is probably best of the series
>>
4 > 3 > 2 > golden abyss > 1

anyone who says 4 is bad does not own it
>>
>>338378340
Well, 2 and 3 only had one really huge set piece (train and plane). Other than that, 4 had better ones overall.
>>
>>338378458

2 had the tank setpiece too, and the truck chase

2 wins on setpieces and music

4 wins on everything else
>>
>>338378340
How did it give you closure when it sets up Uncharted Raider?
>>
>>338378443
I think 4 had better pacing too, even though 2 is almost perfect.

I am playing Gears of War 3 for example right now, and it's just constant action, explosions, shooting. I become tired of it fast. But Uncharted 4 had great mix of exploration, platforming, cutscenes and little puzzle moments along with set pieces and great shootouts which you are actually looking forward to instead of slugging through the whole game just shooting people in the face.

And the car chase scene in Uncharted 4 is amazing, as well as the chapter with ship graveyard, which is basically just shooting thorugh and through, ending with the armoured car fight.
>>
File: 1461741691635.jpg (51 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1461741691635.jpg
51 KB, 500x386
>>338378193
>UC1
>Better than anything else in the series.
>>
>>338378615
Tank one was great, but I think in 4 they wanted the combat to feel like a set piece anyway through mechanics. Flying on grappling hooks, punching people in the face instead of landing, picking up their gun automatically, shooting the next guy in face, then sliding down a slope while shooting people. It felt like a scripted cinematic.
>>
I was honestly expecting to find sam dead or something surprising since random music kicked in and drowned out most other noises
>>
>>338378650

Agreed. The pacing was pretty much perfect. No chapter felt boring or stale to me, and the exploration possibilities in between action segments worked really well. It meant I could control the pace more which is always positive.
>>
It's pretty bad for an Uncharted game.

>no Nate's Theme in the menu, music in general is shit
>beginning is sloooooooooooow, 8 chapters of literally nothing, 4 chapters before you even get the opening credits
>more cutscenes and longer ones than ever when they already had a perfect formula going in previous games
>pacing in general is atrocious with climbing sections that go on for fucking ever and barely any combat encounters
>the combat is so hard that the most viable option is to stealth everyone, slowing shit even more down
>barely any set pieces
>no supernatural element
>Nate not acting like Nate
>Elena behaving like a stupid annoying cunt
>forced drama and relationship drama
>>
>>338378753
>It felt like a scripted cinematic.

No. It LOOKED like a scripted cinematic, but it played like regular gameplay. That's the genius of Naughty Dog.

I guarantee most of the negativity directed at Uncharted 4 on /v/ is because some people saw a segment that was actually real time gameplay and thought it was actually a cinematic. That's how great the action and animation is.
>>
>>338379092
Coming from someone who places U2 in his top 10 games you're talking absolute shit

Naughty dogs "genius" disappeared a long time ago considering all the uncharted stories are copied and pasted with a new location, villian and supporting character
>>
>>338378616
It doesn't really set-up anything. Sure, they give Cassie a passion for history/treasure hunting, but the ending was more about showing Nathan had found a better way to channel his passion, and had chosen the people he loves over his pride and riches--and that though everyone stumbled, they're alright and finally figured out their path in life.
>>
I feel like Nintendo is the only company at this point that can almost always be trusted with solid 1st part titles. Xbox's Halo took too long, and they don't have much other than that that they're using (no Banjo-Threeie) and Playstation just sits on their ass and lets other devs make the games for their system.
>>
Can someone please explain to me why Sam didn't just explain about the whole prison thing?

Surely working with Rafe, an old associate with his own private army is a better idea than lying to Mathan then proceeding to race everywhere while gunning through hundreds of men who were working with Sam anyway
>>
>>338378989

>music is fine, just not as good as U2
>beginning is great, sets up the whole backstory, introduces the new hook mechanics and the prison escape was pretty great. actually felt like parkour
>cutscenes can be skipped, and none are more than a few minutes long
>pacing was great, climbing sections aren't long unless you don't know where you're going. Plus the visuals make the climbing sections better. i spent a few minutes just looking at the scenery while climbing in Scotland and the island
>the combat is not hard, not even on hard mode. Git Gud.
>Not as many setpieces as U2 or U3, but it didn't need any more desu, the gameplay is already great
>no supernatural element thank GOD. The supernatural elements of the previous games felt tacked on and completely out of place
>Nate wasn't just after treasure this time. He was on a mission to save his bro who he thought had been dead for 15 years
>They're married, of course she's gonna be a cunt
>How was it forced?
>>
>>338378650
That's not true about Gears of War. There aren't really any puzzles, but even had several moments where you're free to soak up the scenery and engage with various NPCs. Lots of character moments that don't happen in the middle of battles.
>>
>>338379290
>Coming from someone who places U2 in his top 10 games

So do I.

>Naughty dogs "genius" disappeared a long time ago

Bollocks. Each subsequent game has surpassed the one before it in at least one or two areas.

>all the uncharted stories are copied and pasted with a new location, villian and supporting character

Well what do you expect? GTA Uncharted? Star Wars Uncharted?

Your criticisms are weak and could be applied to any franchise.
>>
>>338379718

Sam wanted all the glory, He didn't want to split the treasure with Rafe, and he needed Nathan on board to find it. If he told Nathan the truth, Nathan never would have agreed.
>>
>>338378916
the pacing was a little slow in the beginning
>>
>>338377474
are you telling me instead of this pretty good character piece we got you would have preferred nathan drake vs the revenge of the ghostly pirates ft. Sam the villain
>>
>>338378293
This is the objective list, story elements in 4 may not be the best but the gameplay improvements make it equal to 2, they're great in different ways.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.