[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 42
File: 25thanniv.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
25thanniv.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>"Genesisfags, Adventurefags and Boostfags try to get along" edition
So what kind of game(s) are we expecting for this year lads?
>>
Sonic Boom 2 :(
>>
>>338375640
I think the 3D Blast concept would work really well with more of the screen shown and better levels.
I expect the new game to be 2D though.
>>
Sonic Boom 2
>>
Nothing. They should have just ended on a high note with Generations.
>>
>>338376028
You know, I did always feel like Sonic 3D blast did a lot of things better than Sonics since

Im not going to defend certain elements like the level designs or Flicky collecting, but Sonics physics on slopes felt like the closest they've ever come to good Sonic physics in a """3D""" environment, and I also really liked how they handled the bouncing off of walls when in ball form. Homing attack being an item only upgrade was neat, and Jun Senoue didn't feel like he was phoning it in with his music back in that time period

Im no advocate for a 3D Blast 2 but there are certainly things SEGA could learn from that game. But then again if they had learned how to distinguish the good and the bad elements of older games in the series we wouldn't have had so many shit games in the first place
>>
>>338376702
there's always one
>>
>>338376867
That old pinball momentum is what it did best. It's just fun to play around with those physics.
But yeah SEGA won't even try it, they have something against improving on the previous game instead of throwing everything away and starting over.
>>
Fingers crossed for a S3&K HD remake, using high quality sprites instead of 3d models.
>>
>>338377472
Will never happen ever due to music rights issues and fans going on autistic rampages if they use the (superior) PC music instead.
>>
>>338377472
You'll get it someday.
Only for smartphones though.
>>
File: (you).jpg (52 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
52 KB, 612x380
>>338377909
>fans going on autistic rampages if they use the (superior) PC music instead
>superior PC music
oh anon...
>>
File: TropicalCoast2.jpg (223 KB, 1240x698) Image search: [Google]
TropicalCoast2.jpg
223 KB, 1240x698
>>338377390
>they have something against improving on the previous game instead of throwing everything away and starting over.
To this day I don't know what they were thinking with Lost World. They had pretty much gotten the boost formula down to an art, and were clearly learning lessons with each installment. They were operating like any sane sequel-driven dev studio should, and then THEY DID IT AGAIN

Why can they not just fucking settle
>>
>>338379393
>To this day I don't know what they were thinking with Lost World.
Iizuka is well-known as a Mario fanboy.
>>
>>338379393
I'm conflicted since Lost World is so mediocre but I also appreciate them not sticking with the boost forever.
>>
>>338375640

Hopefully Sega just taking Sanic out back and putting a bullet in his brain.
>>
>HOPES/DREAMS
Sonic Adventure 3
>WHAT WE GET
A 25th Anniversary disc with all the genesis/32/cd era games on it.....in HD.
>>
>>338380489
If it's widescreen and with absolutely no slow down, it'd by my dream.
>>
>>338379393
boost gameplay is garbage, too bad what Lost World tried and other 3D Sonics did wasn't much better
>>
>>338379926
I sort of feel the same way. If they would just get rid of the run button (and just turn it into a dedicated par core button instead), give Sonic natural progression in speed like the Genesis and Adventure games along with improved physics in general, give us camera control for fucks sake, and get rid of the homing attack's retarded arc then we're golden.
>>
>>338379684
Iizuka is well known as a cancer fanboy. Seriously, somebody get that guy off of Sonic, he's done enough damage to it already
>>
File: 1439740369068118855.png (11 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
1439740369068118855.png
11 KB, 240x160
>What I expect
If not Adventure 3, then something no one asked for.
>What I want
Something good, either 2D or 3D. Something in the style of the Advance trilogy would be nice, as it was a great blend of classic and modern.
>>
>>338381036
>par core
Parkour?
But yes, that would be fantastic, the fuck were they thinking with that homing attack?
I'd also get rid of the Galaxy transitions.
>>
They seem to really be focusing on the three forms of Sonic - Classic, Modern, Boom. It reminds me of Generations.

Boom is getting another game this year and it would be suicide to try to put Wii U Boom gameplay in an anniversary game, so I suspect they might do a new 3D game and a new 2D game alongside the new Boom game.

Anything that's 2D Classic can only be good, if they try harder to make a copy of the original pinball physics.
3D game is probably Adventure 3, not out of wishful thinking but because Hunnid-P said he was making new Knuckles rap songs for Sega and Johnny Gioeli accidentally slipped up and said Crush 40 was making more Sonic too.
>>
File: 1460203468558.jpg (23 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
1460203468558.jpg
23 KB, 853x353
>some people actually liked the utter garbage that was Sonic Unleashed, Generations and Colors
>>
>>338381350
Why is this picture always used by shitposters?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
>>338380956
I'm no boost fan, don't get me wrong, but I know a smart decision when I see one, and sticking with boost gameplay for a couple more games would have been the smart decision - critics and Sonic fans alike agreed that, while not perfect, it was the best thing Sonic had gotten in years. Lost World was fucking cancer and was absolutely worse than the boost formula

In my ideal world, Sonic would be the Adventure 2 speed stages formula, but with more characters, an engine that isn't flimsy like tissue paper, and a decent camera. It pissed me off with Adventure 2 as well that the treasure hunters controlled like a dream but didn't get some standard speed stages:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7NHvBASqvE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaQAeDeQG80
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUaD_ePLXJg
Of course, I don't think modern Sonic Team have the slightest clue what they're doing so I can't imagine anything like this ever happening, but something with Adventure-inspired gameplay and 3/4 characters (but they all had speed/linear stages) would be the tits
>>
>>338381575
I like how much you can improve in the adventure speed stages by doing different stuff and not just by not messing up a button press like the boost games. It's not a rhythm game goddammit.
>>
>>338381291
>par core
Great, I'm retarded. I just woke up though so I'm still trying to remember how to type
>>
>>338375640
the shitty one
>>
File: Screenshot6128.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot6128.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>338381350
>lumping Colors and Generations with Unleashed
I appreciate the effort Unleashed had, but it's just a fucking slog. I want to like it, but I'm better off just playing the Unleashed mod for Generations than the actual fucking game.
>>
File: Knuckles.jpg (90 KB, 630x357) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles.jpg
90 KB, 630x357
>>338381327
>but because Hunnid-P said he was making new Knuckles rap songs for Sega
BRUHHH

first day buy for me, whatever this 2016 game is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6i9dhtX4Ns
>>
>>338381575
Oh man the camera is just absolute garbage in these. The stage design is boring but functional, but the camera is even more confusingly unhelpful than the original game.
>>
>>338375640
Genesis Fags and adventure Fags already do get along.

Boost Fags are legitimate cancer.
>>
>>338382943
He said that before getting jailed like a retard. For all we know, he could have been talking shit, or Sega could have changed their direction because he couldn't finish his part of the work. But at least it's possible that they did intend to release an actual, full-fledged SA3 at one point.

At least I'm excited for great songs with absolute cheese for lyrics. Last game to have a vocal main theme was Colors, and last game to have multiple vocal themes was '06.
>>
>>338382560
but they've been on that style since the dreamcast days
>>
They should start making games with classic Sonic and actually recreate the physics or whatever you want to call it. Not to say that they should get rid of modern Sonic, they could still make both as long as they stick to the Generations formula for the 3D games and stop making 2D sections in them.
>>
>>338383102
Yeah, camera never was Sonic Team's strong point. I just thought it was neat to see Knuckles in a speed stage and Tails in a stage out of mech. If they could do that kind of stuff in an engine that doesn't suck absolute dick, that'd be just swell
>>
>>338383352
>stop making 2D sections in them.
Tried Lost World recently, and I hate those 2D sections. They just remind me that Sonic Team used to do this stuff better 50 years ago.
>>
File: RENE8P-8.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RENE8P-8.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>338383210
>last game to have multiple vocal themes was '06.
Black Knight had a few.
>>
Opinions on Amy Rose?
>>
>>338383210
Well, he was supposedly getting released November of last year. It's a long shot but I would be really fucking happy to have all the composers and singers of SA2 back together for a 25th soundtrack.

Probably just a pipe dream but a man can dream
>>
>>338383559
I think that her, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman should be the only characters from now on, which is what Sonic Team seems to think too.
>>
>>338383559
first waifu
>>
>>338383650
>no Big The Cat
pleb taste broh
>>
>>338383463
Hell, Colors and Generations had decent 2D sections even. Lost World had no business being as terrible and incompetent as it was.
>>
File: AmyRoseDreamcast.png (1 MB, 1350x1891) Image search: [Google]
AmyRoseDreamcast.png
1 MB, 1350x1891
>>338383497
Oh, right. They weren't really character-specific like for SA2 though. And Black Knight is a spin-off anyway.

>>338383559
Those knees are nightmare fuel.
Either way pls don't sexualize the amy rose. She is pure and also adorable, regardless of how much fanart wants to make her look voluptuous.
>>
>>338383650
No, this is always a stupid line of thinking. Yes they had an overload of characters and playstyles from Adventure to 06, but limiting characters just artificially limits what they can do going forward. Characters should be used smartly, but if they have a good idea that would fit with Shadow or Blaze or even Jet then they shouldn't be afraid to use those characters.

Because let's be honest, if they don't then they'll just make even shittier OCs anyway, like the Zeti.
>>
I think Lost world was a step in the right direction, just the wrong execution.
>>
>>338381575
ayyyy

I want to play as tails so bad. Just regular tails, no bullshit. Like Sonic 2 and 3 but 3d. It would be so fine.
>>
File: amypantsu.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
amypantsu.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>338383963
Devs say otherwise
>>
>>338384337
It's panties on a cartoon animal with spaghetti limbs. Come on.
>>
File: poleece.jpg (90 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
poleece.jpg
90 KB, 550x700
>New 2D Sonic game made by Taxman and Stealth, using their engine - a true sequel to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but don't call it Sonic 5 cos that'll only evoke memories of the shitfest that was Sonic 4. Release this new 2D Sonic on every phone, handheld, console and toaster imaginable for a 'budget' pricetag
>New 3D Sonic game with the engine stability and graphical prowess of something like Generations, but taking design and gameplay cues from Sonic's speed levels in Adventure. Character campaigns are cool but at least make them play similar to Sonic, like Tails' campaign in SA1. Console and PC release
>Release Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice on the 3DS in September with as little fanfare as possible, sweep it under the rug and keep the Sonic Boom franchise as a cartoon only in the future
There we go, a solid year for Sonic. It won't happen but it's nice to pretend
>>
>>338384450
If it wasn't supposed to be fucked it wouldn't be wearing panties.
>>
>>338384749
It's about as sexual as Minnie Mouse's baggy underwear. Amy was never meant to be fucked.
>>
>>338384845
Amy is a slut. Get over it.
>>
>>338384743
>New 2D Sonic game made by Taxman and Stealth, using their engine
People need to knock it off with this. Yes, use their engine, but they're not skilled at original graphic and level design. And even then, while the engine is good it's not like classic physics are impossible to replicate outside of the engine (they're very well documented), the problem is Sega not putting in the time and effort because they think polishing gameplay is less important than throwing bullshit gimmicks into the game.
>>
>>338384743
I think Shadow The Hedgehog did the "multiple playstyles" thing well. Some levels would be mazes, some would be timed, some would be plain old platforming, some would require to ride a Black Hawk or a GUN mech, but the core gameplay & physics did not change to fit these different mechanics. The different mechanics came along to spice up the gameplay, not to replace it with something else.

>>338384901
Your mom is a slut. Amy is pure and only wants the Sonic D.
>>
>>338375640
A good 2d one, but until we have hacks like Izuka we can't have nice things.
>>
Why are you waiting for boom fire & ice? May as well hope for Chronicles part 2

Freedom planet 2 is coming and thats basically everything the S3&K crowd could ever want
>>
>>338385029
>Yes, use their engine, but they're not skilled at original graphic and level design
Then get a third guy on board who can do pixel art. The main thing is, as you said yourself, SEGA think polishing gameplay is less important than gimmicks. Christian misses the mark every now and then (Hidden Palace boss in Sonic 2 iOS wasn't perfect by any means) but their hearts are in the right place, they know what fans want (because they are fans and actively partake in the community) and I'd still argue they have better understanding of level design principles for momentum-based Sonic gameplay than anybody in-house at SEGA would.
>>
>>338385410
Freedom Planet is its own thing, stop comparing it to Sonic.
I hope the sequel will be even less similar to a Sonic game then the first one.
>>
>>338385147
Keep telling youself that. You'll just break your heart.
>>
>>338384337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQIa5pBF4po

The secret nobody knew about until now
>>
>>338375640
I hope it's either as terrible as SA 2 or 2006, or as great as Generations.
Not another kinda inbetween, ok game like Lost world.
>>
What character would you bring back as playable for an Adventure 3, and what kind of stages would you give them?
>>
File: finalfever.png (664 KB, 1158x454) Image search: [Google]
finalfever.png
664 KB, 1158x454
>>338385029
>they're not skilled at original graphic
i dunno i think pic related looks pretty charmingly genesis-esque, and yes im aware that a few of the assets from the final fever level come from Sonic Crackers
>and level design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cG3ZWCvr38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsFHfrfQEbM
these strike me as way better level layouts with way more alternate routes than any of the bullshit classic sonic levels in generations
>>
>>338382887
Generations > Unleashed > Sonic 06 > Colors
not really but I finished Sonic 06, I returned Colors upon reaching the 3rd world and not enjoying myself.
>>
>>338385669
>
no its not.
its a S3&K fanbois game and thats totally fine if you think S3&K is the best, shit it was full of stolen assets from a dozen other games until it went up for sale.
>>
>>338386324
Why is the Hidden Palace music different?
>>
>>338386437
>its a S3&K meets Rocket Knight Adventures fanbois game
FTFY
>>
Jesus Christ, that Champions arc was so good. Why did a goddamn comicbook make up a better concept for a game than sonic team?
>>
File: SONICK.gif (363 KB, 723x494) Image search: [Google]
SONICK.gif
363 KB, 723x494
>>338386234
Default Abilities
>Sonic: Light Ring Dash, Homing Attack
>Tails: Flight and Tail Whip Attack
>Knuckles: Gliding, Climbing and Digging
>Amy: Hammer stuff
Give them all a SA2 style spindash, and have them all play through their own exclusive levels, but they'd all be speed-based A-to-B affairs instead of some treasure hunting bullshit or whatever. They could all get their own upgrades too, like the bounce upgrade Sonic got in SA2
>>
>>338386682
RKA wasn't as much about flying around as it was about dying frequently and being forced to restart the game. It's by the guy who made Contra after all.
>>
>>338386234
Sonic gets Unleashed Daytime levels
Tails gets something similar, except slower and you must race Sonic like in SA1
Knuckles gets the treasure shit
Amy gets tricky platforming that requires hammer techniques
Shadow gets SA2 speed levels
Eggman gets mech shit, but it can change forms and leaves more room for exploration & puzzle-solving than just shooting everything on sight

Sticks is added as a "new" character, with the same backstory as in Boom (raised in the wild, became Amy's friend, lives off paranoia/schyzophrenia/psychopathy) and with 2D platforming reminescent of Advance, Rush or Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (with boomerangs as projectile weapons, and probably some wacky power-ups to fit the character)
>>
>>338386524
Sound Track 10 was debunked as the official Hidden Palace Zone music years ago, it was never supposed to be a stage music, it was supposed to be a song for a cutscene, but they ended up cutting out the whole silent cutscenes shtick and saving it for Sonic 3 & Knuckles
>>
>>338386840
Interesting. Some of these rumors I don't know how they got started, but track 10 always stood out.
>>
File: 1460591968450.jpg (174 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
1460591968450.jpg
174 KB, 473x355
>>338385147
>my mom's name is amy
>>
File: 1362334661993.png (624 KB, 838x450) Image search: [Google]
1362334661993.png
624 KB, 838x450
There is... Beauty in following the ways of Sonic. A shame most people can't do it.
>>
>>338386779
You can die pretty often in certain areas in FP too, I don't see your point.
I like all the games we are talking about,
but stop talking about FP as a Sonic successor.
It would be more appropriate to consider it a successful spin-off.
>>
>>338386971
Well, track 10 was the music Hidden Palace Zone had in one of the Beta copies, so it wasn't really a rumor as such - up until 2006 or 7 it really was our best bet for the stages music. Of course, since then we've found all sorts of different versions of Sonic 2 in alpha and beta, lots of which have jumbled up music:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPPF7_XY7QE

In the end though it was a combination of interviews with old developers, and the fact that track 10 was the only track in the official OST that had an 'ending' instead of just a fade out on the loop, that finally clued the fanbase into the fact that they had been getting the music wrong the whole time.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O13_fMoquD8

For all it's autism, research into Sonic games in their beta states is real fucking interesting to me for some reason
>>
>>338387535
>research into Sonic games in their beta states is real fucking interesting to me for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEgLe6PfaU
>>
>>338383559
Cute.
>>
>>338387124
how about you curb your autism over a fan game that decided to cash in.
>>
>>338383559
Inferior to Blaze
>>
>>338387535
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O13_fMoquD8
Wow this is pretty cool

I've actually started listening to Dreams Come True's songs recently actually. Not really because of Sonic by the way. And I was thinking that many of the songs don't really sound that sonic equese aside from the ones that was directly adapted, in my opinion, but the ones on this soundtrack sound a lot more close to what their usual songs sound like.
>>
>>338389480
yeah, that whole soundtrack is neat as fuck, it's nice to hear what Nakamura's initial visions for the songs were before they got put onto the Genesis's fart sound chip

It's interesting how much slower a lot of Sonic 2's songs originally were too, like the songs got done quite early on and then SEGA came in and said they needed to be sped up to fit the pace of the game. Chemical Plant at that speed evokes an entirely different atmosphere
>>
>>338387657
Windy Valley beta looks way cooler than the final product
>>
File: 1456149475039.png (311 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456149475039.png
311 KB, 480x480
>>338381327
>Sonic Adventure 3
>Timefuck shit again
>It's Adventure-style character selection
>Classic and Modern Sonic are separate storylines, same with Modern and classic tails
>Amy gets Boom-style combat stages
>Knuckles gets treasure hunting stages again
>Omega gets Dynasty Warriors
>Shadow gets stages with goals other than "reach the goal" a la his own game
>Rouge gets stealth levels
>Chaotix gets Heroes style levels
>Blaze gets Rush levels
>Silver gets levels that play like his 06 levels but not shit
I'm ready
>>
>>338388462
I disagree.
>>
File: killmenow.jpg (43 KB, 960x940) Image search: [Google]
killmenow.jpg
43 KB, 960x940
>>338390667
>that sheer fucking volume of alternate playstyles
>Amy gets Boom style
>Knuckles treasure hunting
JUST
>>
>>338390667
Jesus, there's not a game studio in the world that could make that playable, let alone good.
>>
>>338386715
i don't think amy should have a speed dash, I like the idea of her having a (slightly) slower paced playstyle
>>
>>338381575
>videos
How is it running so fast fps??
BEAUTIFUFLL
>>
>>338392963
I don't own the PC version of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but with a game that ancient I assume 60fps comes as standard in the Steam release?
>>
>>338394137
SA2 was always 60fps
>>
>>338377472
>instead of 3d models

Never going to happen
>>
>>338388462
Flat cat > Fat Bat Tat
>>
File: Sonic-AftertheSequel1_690x521.jpg (67 KB, 690x521) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-AftertheSequel1_690x521.jpg
67 KB, 690x521
I'm hoping for another LakeFeperd game
>>
>>338395303
The bosses in that game were shit, level design was OK. Best thing about it was the music.
>>
>>338377472
>S3&K

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to start with Sonic 3 when it's the 25th anniversary of the first game in the series. If they do remakes, they should start with 1 and 2.
>>
>>338387869
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
File: Ppz.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ppz.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>338396004
I'll agree with you on the bosses, but the level design was tight as shit. take Parhelion Peak, for instance, the way the level is designed, You are immediately grasped by the background, the giant dinobots in the background take up your attention, so the first section has some very light platforming. Then it takes advantage of the multi-leveled backgrounds as you slowly get closer and closer to them, until you finally get right to them, with the difficulty ramping up the closer you get to them. It also helps that the spritework combined with parallax scrolling is beautiful
>>
File: ae1.jpg (1 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
ae1.jpg
1 MB, 3000x3000
>>338396652
It's also one of the only Sonic games that has a good water level, so I love it personally.
Then again, my favorite Sonic game is CD.
>>
>>338396835
paltry fortune cookies for sonic CD?

how dare you sir
>>
File: image.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>>338396835
Hydrocity Zone is the best water level
>>
>>338396835
What kind of food is Shadow the Hedgehog? And the storybook games?
>>
>>338396652
I guess that is pretty neat. Personally the artstyle felt a bit off to me. I'm not sure why, it just felt...empty somehow? Sonic Overture did a better job at emulating the genesis aesthetic imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og2LhJRkBZo
>>
>>338397006
the reason it is so good is because it introduces special gimmicks for the level. not just a regular with slow gameplay and the risk of drowning
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 1600x900
>>338397126
>Shadow The Hedgehog
>>
>>338397220
true, the art is far from genesis, it feels like something you would see in a ps1 game. but I still think it fits aesthetically with the game's feel
>>
>>338396835
The more i studied the more hilarious it became

saved.
>>
>>338397324
>pretty good but ruined by unnesessary edge
sounds right
>>
>>338397126
The storybook games are the fish burgers or weird side orders nobody asks for at Burger King.
>>
>>338379393
Experimenting with the idea of high speed parkour. If done right it could be really cool
>>
>>338397482
I don't remember a lot of levels, but Technology Tree stood out to me. I really liked the vibe from that zone.
>>
>>338397126
>>338397673
Black knight is a plain original chicken sandwich from BK. Perhaps even a plain Jr Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's. It's pretty good, but it could stand to be better.
Secret Rings is a fish sandwich from Burger King.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1032x812) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1032x812
This is Sonic 3D Blast
>>
>>338398368
Sonic 3D Blast is a technically well-made burger with all the right ingredients, then slathered with a "special sauce" that tastes like shit.
>>
File: 4685678.gif (3 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
4685678.gif
3 KB, 183x200
>>338398368

2 ground beef patties
1 fried egg
mozzarella cheese?
jalapenos
mayo?

who would make that

and the wrapper says mcdonalds...?
>>
>>338398585
The eggs represent the flickies
>>
>>338398697
different country
>>
>>338396652
It's alright for a fangame but a lot of the levels are way too linear for a Sonic game. Also the guy is too much in love with Kirby and sticks Kirby stuff everywhere in a Sonic game where it doesn't belong.
>>
>>338398368
That is one peculiar looking burger

But I'd eat it
>>
>>338399279
by kirby do you mean some of the sound effects?
>>
>>338398697
The ingredients are all fine, they'd work well if it wasn't a McDonalds burger.
>>
>>338399534
pretty sure theres some yoshi's island sound effects too
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x300
Sonic Heroes
>>
>>338399890
Naw nigga, they need to be shinier
>>
>>338397262
It's the best water level because you can spend pretty much the entire level not underwater.
>>
>>338401158
Same as Aquatic Ruin

But Hydrocity takes the win because it's faster paced and THAT MUSIC. Act 2 is still one of my favorite tracks in any vidya
>>
>>338379393
I want to see them give it another shot. It could be really great if done right.

>To this day I don't know what they were thinking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvS_beXtXk
>>
File: 1436152325777.png (146 KB, 290x276) Image search: [Google]
1436152325777.png
146 KB, 290x276
>>338401389
>those crazy 4d loop-de-loops
>>
>>338401389
Im pretty sure there's an interview where Iizuka states most of Sonic Team had no clue X-treme existed.
>>
>>338376867
Sonic moves pretty decently in it. If the camera adjusted so Sonic could see a tad more in front of him, it'd be pretty ace. There's generally little danger if you spindash in a given direction barring spikes, but it still feels a bit iffy.

Doing any of the tiny handful of platforming sections in it is pretty bad though, and they should at least have made parts like that be along the horizontal axis so they'd be less fiddly.

>>338377390
>But yeah SEGA won't even try it, they have something against improving on the previous game instead of throwing everything away and starting over.
god, this

>>338381575
>In my ideal world, Sonic would be the Adventure 2 speed stages formula, but with more characters, an engine that isn't flimsy like tissue paper, and a decent camera.
I've been saying this for the last fifteen years.

>>338401158
Sonic 3 handled water really well in general. You're not really slogging through it at any point, even if it's a feature in literally every Sonic 3 zone except Marble Garden.

In Sonic 1, you're underwater for extended periods of time. In Sonic 2, the entirety of the bottom route is submerged. In Sonic 3, stages with water routinely go above and below the water line.

>>338401389
>Sonic X-treme
as cool as it looks, level navigation always looked like it'd be hell and there's a bunch of times where the the developers forget that if you're using a fixed camera and need to go toward the screen, there needs to be a way to see where you're going or provide paths that make it unnecessary

>>338401693
which is appalling really
>>
File: 1463811534108.jpg (27 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1463811534108.jpg
27 KB, 500x382
>>338398368
Hmm intresting.
>>
>>338401693
Considering X-treme's dev process, it wouldn't surprise me if there were literally half a dozen people who knew of its existence until it was cancelled.
>>
>>338401389
Damn, Sonic X-Treme would have been atrocious if it actually released, I'm so glad it got stuck in dev hell and then got canned. I've not seen anything about X-Treme to suggest it would be anything more than the worst parts of the 3D Blast formula mixed with 'Bug!', with an atrocious fish-eye, and all sorts of other clusterfuck elements (at one point they were even going to include the dire comic book characters like Sally Acorn).
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFBwRnf3ZUQ
There could have been a decent Sonic game on the Saturn, but Sega Technical Institute were never fit to deliver such a game
>>
File: 1439340282624.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1439340282624.png
293 KB, 633x758
>feelaroonie when no Chao raising game starring Cream the Rabbit from the Sonic Advance series
>>
>>338375640
I'm expecting Fire & Ice on 3DS this year
and Rise of Lyric on PC
>>
File: 1458846160460.png (173 KB, 455x367) Image search: [Google]
1458846160460.png
173 KB, 455x367
>>338402256
>tfw no digimon/SMT-esque chaos collecting and raising RPG spin-off
>>
>>338402371
>Rise of Lyric on PC
Why?
>>
File: 1448184009101.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1448184009101.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>>338375640
>So what kind of game(s) are we expecting for this year lads?

PC to get a port of an old game, as always.

>inb4 they literally get hyped for 06 or Unleashed
>>
>>338402439
Cause Lost World came to PC
That's my only reason I expect Rise of Lyric to come to PC as well, even though nobody wants it.
>>
File: 1452894884058.png (140 KB, 487x600) Image search: [Google]
1452894884058.png
140 KB, 487x600
>>338402439
The worst console games are better than the best PC games.
>>
>>338402575
Unleashed ran like ass though.
>>
>>338402696
This
I'd like it on PC just for the better graphics and performance. Unleashed was fun.
>>
File: 1451850143530.jpg (162 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1451850143530.jpg
162 KB, 1462x1462
>>338402769
You sure you don't want anything newer? Are you fine with not getting Yakuza, aka the ONLY good games Sega can still make? It'as amazing how little Sega cares about PC.

Fucking PC secondaries should be wiped from 4chan. Place would be much better without their port begging.
>>
How is Generations 3DS?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
discuss: your favorite sonic design/itteration, pic related
>not too chubby
>expressive
>perfect middleground between current and classic
obviously isn't the case in-game, but the cinematic really nailed this sonic
>>
Oh shit nigger, you've been placed in charge of Sonic Generations 2. You are in charge of the
>Stage roster, consisting of 12 levels (4 from each era, Classic, Adventure, Modern)
>3 Rival Battles
>3 Bosses
>Special/Challenge stages
>Final boss
>Gameplay changes/additions
>>
>>338402991
Yakuza would be cool too, but I never got to play it so I dont even know if I like it.
Sonic Unleashed would be nice, I'd replay that.
>>
>>338402991
Yakuza is pretty overrated 2bqhwy famalam. Not that you even played or care about it, going from your usage of /jp/ lingo.
>>
>>338403154
Aside from the weird mouth animations, my favorite is honestly from Adventure/Adventure 2. Taller and longer spines than the classic designs because of 3D, without being too tall and lanky.
>>
>>338403235
>I never got to play it

Of course, cause you're a disgusting PC'uck secondary who only plays games years after they were relevant. Let's just say the worst Yakuza game is still better than your precious XCOM.

>>338403251
>I have never played Yakuza: The post
>complaining about /jp/ lingo on a Sumerian Socialist Propaganda website
>>
>>338403516
>Sumerian Socialist Propaganda website
just kill yourself
>>
WHY THE FUCK DID SEGA REMOVE THE SONIC CD PORT FROM THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE?

THESE FUCKING IMBECILES DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEIR FANBASE WANTS HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>338403516
Go ahead then, post a picture of your copies.
>>
>Sonic the Hedgehog: Nails for the Coffin

Please. He's suffered enough.
>>
>>338403516
I believe that, Sega makes pretty good games.
But this is a Sonic thread, so it's not too shocking to see someone wanting improved version of Sonic games.
Or new Sonic games, we'll see what happen. I think Lost Worlds is too recent for an actual new Sonic Team game this year, I expect a new Sonic Riders more than a regular Sonic game.
>>
What're some good mods for Generations?
>>
>>338381350
>Sonic Unleashed, Generations and Colors
>utter garbage
Holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>338381217
Advance trilogy was like the perfect attempt at new Sonic games. It just needed work in enemy placement (sa3) and less bottomless pits and not crappy special stage acquisition system (sa2)

Cream just needs to be playable again. She's just so much fun, albeit a bit broken
>>
>>338403758
The point is that PC'Ucks are more than content with not getting the new game, instead wanting 8 to 10 year old scraps. Sega done their part in humiliating the platform, PC'Ucks humiliate themselves.

Maybe after we beta test this game for a decade, you will have it. :')
>>
File: edCRh.png (326 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
edCRh.png
326 KB, 640x480
>>338403505
>>
>>338403941
Ok, but still, I'd appreciate Sonic Unleashed.
>>
>>338401389
what the fresh hell is this
>>
>>
>>338403173
>Classic Levels:
>Starlight Zone
>Casino Night Zone
>Ice Cap Zone
>Quartz Quadrant Zone
>Rival: Knuckles
>Boss: Doomsday Zone or Death Egg Robot from 3&K
>Adventure levels
>Emerald Coast
>Metal Harbor
>Grand Metropolis
>Sky Troops
>Rival: Blaze (?)
>Boss: Egg Emperor
>Modern levels
>Kingdom Valley
>Dragon Road
>Starlight Carnival
>Windy Hill (or something)
>Rival: Classic Sonic (???)
>Boss: Egg Nega-Wisp
>Final boss is The Chaos God or some stupid shit like that
>Knuckles and Tails are playable, classic sonic has pinball physics like originals, Modern Sonic loses 2D sections
>>
>>338375640
I wish they would make another Generations but make it longer.
>>
File: nendoroidsonic.jpg (72 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
nendoroidsonic.jpg
72 KB, 1000x667
>>338403173
As far as stages go, I think they'd be much better off if they recreated general locations instead of specific set pieces. For example, if they made an Angel Island stage, that gives them leeway to take inspiration from Sonic 3, Sonic Advance and Sonic Adventure. If they make a Hidden Palace stage, they can pick and choose aspects they like best from S2 Hidden Palace, S3 Hidden Palace, and Lost World from Sonic Adventure. I just think it'd be cleaner that way and it wouldn't feel so much like a shameless moneygrab, but rather an exploration of important parts of Sonic's world. So I'd probably have stuff like: South Island, Angel Island, Ice Cap, Hidden Palace/Lost World, Station Square, San Francisco, Space Colony ARK, Death Egg, the alternate dimension where the Special Stages are held, and a few other iconic locales.

Other than that, I'm easy. I'd prefer if they found a middle ground gameplay style instead of pushing classic and boost at the same time, or ideally it'd be the Adventure gameplay style but in a decent engine. As far as rivals go, make it Knuckles, Shadow, and someone else with the cool factor, like Blaze. Beating a rival unlocks them for you to play as.

In all honesty I'd prefer that they just poured all their heart (and money) into a new Sonic game. Take inspiration from the past, and learn from your past mistakes, but just rehashing it outright seems unnecessary - after all, Generations was only 5 years ago, and we haven't exactly had much new games since then in the first place
>>
>>338381350
Sonic Generations was good.
>>
>>338403173
I'd just be sure to remove the 2d sections in modern sonic levels. I play modern sonic for modern sonic gameplay. Suddenly shifting to half assed 2d isn't fun. Leave that to classic sonic.
>>
>>338404450
I'm still hoping for a Generations 2. Ah well. Maybe when I'm an old man.
>>
>>338404660
>Zero originality and subpar gameplay
>good
>>
Sonic Boom - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. JonTron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAWAFe6HcUs
>>
>>338404715
i think the 2d segments of modern sonic gave Generations good variety
>>
File: new sonic game.jpg (1 MB, 2400x3523) Image search: [Google]
new sonic game.jpg
1 MB, 2400x3523
>>338404528
He looks like he's walking really fast, not running
>>
File: gun commander.png (116 KB, 338x249) Image search: [Google]
gun commander.png
116 KB, 338x249
>>338404310

Shadow the Hedgehog is so fucking ugly
>>
>>338405008
Shadow probably wouldn't like hearing that.
>>
File: vSUoVZF.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
vSUoVZF.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>338404829
>he thinks original gameplay like turning into a fucking werewolf or using a sword are good

Fuck that. This isn't Nintendo. Stop with the shit gimmicks.
>>
>>338377909
>copyright issues
Wouldn't it be okay tho, since MJ did technically make them?
>>
>>338405483
MJ isn't the only problem, if at all. A different composer has threatened a lawsuit in the past few years. S3 had a lot of composers working on it.
>>
>>338405174
>Implying I meant gameplay and not stages or story
>>
>>338375640
I really hope we can get at least the OVA cast in a game, with the playstyle of 3&K

Mainly because i just don't get why anyone besides Tails hangs out with Sonic
>>
>>338403173
Fuck this, we're making Portable Generations.
Classic Era:
>Bridge Zone
>Sky High Zone
>Aqua Planet Zone
>Sunset Park Zone
>Rival: Fang/Nack at the Special Stage

Advance Era:
>Egg Rocket Zone
>Music Plant Zone
>Battle Highway
>Cyber Track Zone
>Rival: Emerl or Gemerl at either the Death Egg or Chaos Angel

Modern Era:
>Night Carnival
>Crystal Mountain
>Sky Babylon
>Mystic Haunt
>Rival: Blaze at Dead Line

>Final Boss is Biolizard/FinalHazard who somehow ended up there and being responsible for the events of the game after getting chaos controlled to fucking nowhere at the end of SA2.
>>
>>338405704
What the fuck did you expect, retard? It was a "best of" remake of classic levels.
>>
>>338405939
>>Bridge Zone
Holy fuck yes

>Final boss
Meh
>>
>>338406042
Exactly. That's like saying that the Sonic Mega Collection is a good game.
>>
>>338405752
>Tails hangs out with Sonic
they don't
I had a lot more typed out about how Sonic isn't really friends with many characters outside of the Classic era characters, Shadow and Rouge, but I may be kinda wrong so I deleted it.
>>
>>338396835
I love this image more than you could ever know. Thank you.
>>
>>338389854
As neat as they are, they sound way better on the Genesis as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>338383559
Needs more porn
>>
>>338392125
Sonic Heroes establishes that she's faster than Tails an Knuckles but less fast that Sonic. She doesn't even have a spindash in Advance
>>
>>338402439
Wasn't it originally made for PC until Sega told the devs it was for Wii U and they were like "Well fucking shit"?
>>
>>338411896
>Sonic Heroes establishes that she's faster than Tails an Knuckles but less fast that Sonic.
How so?
>>
>>338412456
I dunno about that. They used the Cryengine or whatever I think, which isn't really optimized for something with the specs of the Wii U.
>>
>>338413164
She's the Speed character of her team

Personally I don't think that counts for much, but I'm pretty sure that's what the other anon is getting at. Myself, I'd prefer that the characters all be similar speeds in future games, as they were in the 2D games
>>
>>338403017
Good gameplay, terrible levels
>>
>>338375640

It's either going to be generations 2 or adventure 3
Only the former has a shot of being good
>>
>>338375640
>So what kind of game(s) are we expecting for this year lads?
Fire & Ice and that Olympics game.

That's it. There's no anniversary game, it's already too late. Any announcement now would be for a game in 2017.
>>
>>338415596
>july announcement
>for holiday release
mark my words
>>
>>338405939
Final boss needs to involve Eggman Nega somehow.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.