[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this can happen in a console shooter from the year 2000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: perfect dark guards.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
perfect dark guards.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>this can happen in a console shooter from the year 2000

>16 years later it can't happen in modern shooters

What went wrong?
>>
>>338371637
>not careful with shooting someone
>shoots gun out of enemies hand
>Last of ammo was used
>they re-grab it again and kill me
That ans I think only Perfect Dark did that.
>>
I was just playing Deus Ex HR and listening to developers commentary where they bitch about not being able to create realistic physics for ball and a hoop on basketball court even tho it was possible in original Deus ex in 1999
>>
>>338371930
It's just fucking embarrassing when modern devs use those excuses. People created full soccer AND Rally games with HL1's moddin tools already in 90s.
>>
>>338371637
>What went wrong?

Consumers were more than willing to part with their money for products that got worse and worse. Devs were stretched thin because publishers wanted to make maximum profit for minimal cost. Not to start a flame war, but devs targeted low performing consoles and even went so far as hamstringing the PC versions of games.

Pretty sad a game like FEAR has better lighting, physics, and partial effects than AAA shooters released almost ten years later.
>>
>>338371637
Fallout 3 & NV did it.
>>
>>338371930
I spent like an hour in total trying to get the ball through the fucking hoop in HR
>>
File: 1459782911727.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1459782911727.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>shooters went back to having static environments
>>
>>338372635
>Fallout 3 & NV
>shooter
>>
>>338372635
Always amusing to shoot the gun off enemies hand and see it flying 50 yards away.
Or shoot the dynamite when Powder Ganger uses one.
>>
>>338371637
>What went wrong?

They don't need to try anymore
>>
>>338371637
>other guard runs up and surrenders
holy shit lol
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.