[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morrowind Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: morrowind_days.jpg (688 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
morrowind_days.jpg
688 KB, 1600x1200
>>
Outlander, what do you want?
>>
>>338367014
So did you find that puzzle box yet, anon?
>>
File: Indoril.jpg (911 KB, 5990x3000) Image search: [Google]
Indoril.jpg
911 KB, 5990x3000
>>338367134
Three Gods, One True Faith, citizen.
>>
There are no games these days that capture the same feeling I got from games like Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, and Nox. It's over.
>>
Is it worth buying this game? I really liked Skyrim and wasn't there a mod some modders were making to have Morrowind in Skyrim?
>>
>>338367769
You can wait 2 years for Skywind if you want, but it won't be the same as Morrowind. Skyrim engine is very limited.
>>
>>338367769
The combat system is roll based so that turns a lot of people off of it that never played it and only played Oblivion and Skyrim. You can run up and swing a battle axe point blank on a mudcrab's face and not hit shit if your axe skill is garbage. Choosing a good race and skill set up is important for the first half of the game. Irrelevant in the second half because you end up being strong as fuck. Alchemy and enchanting become ridiculously powerful. You can get such high strength that you break all your weapons in one hit from hitting someone stupidly hard.
>>
>>338367769
It's a lot more obtuse and complex than Skyrim or Oblivion, and you starting character build mattersa lot more (don't be an idiot and take no combat skills and then wonder why you're not hitting anything, for example) but in my opinion it's the most rewarding and interesting of the Elder Scrolls titles

It's pretty cheap on GOG or you could just pirate it, because Fuck Bethesda, right? so why not give it a go? You need to play for a little while to see if you like it rather than getting turned off by the early game, but if you've got the time, since you like Skyrim I'd say it was worth trying at least.
>>
File: 1311013468003.jpg (595 KB, 744x1146) Image search: [Google]
1311013468003.jpg
595 KB, 744x1146
I want to replay this game since the last time I played it was a few years back but I'm not sure if I should do so now or wait for OpenMW. Are mods even compatible with it?
>>
I am going to wait until OpenMW reaches 1.0, by then I am sure there will be at least some texture replacement mods as well as some that turn on pretty effects. In the last Morrowind thread some Anons were saying that all the current mods are compatible but I never bothered to verify that.
>>
>>338368757
There's loads of mods for Morrowind. There are some pretty incredible graphics upgrades mods if that's all you want to change. You can make it look pretty damn good.
>>
>>338369462
I'm afraid it might take too long of a time. I mean, it's been like four or five years since I played Morrowind. Spent two months on it.

>>338370012
The question was about OpenMW. If I replay Morrowind I'll probably use tons of mods since the last time I played I used a few basic visual ones and that's it.
>>
>>338368757
Why is he looking at me like that?
>>
>>338367959
It also offers some better gameplay possibilites.
>>
>>338370239
Hack and slash is not better for a game like this. It's the main reason character builds became obsolete in Skyrim.
>>
>>338370143
Well if waiting is an issue OpenMW in its current state can run the game just fine. Sounds like they have everything content wise already ported over. The only thing they are doing now is adding the ability for more extra shit and bug changes it seems. I would give the dev site a look if you're interested.
>>
>>338370585
Bug fixes*
>>
>never finished morrowind
>got demotivated when you had to do the 3 houses part of the game

Fucking annoying having to do so many errands, it was bretty great up until then, for the most part though.
>>
File: nox.jpg (27 KB, 363x512) Image search: [Google]
nox.jpg
27 KB, 363x512
>>338367494
>Nox.
My fucking nigger.

I never played Arx Fatalis but if it's on the same level as the other two maybe I should give it a go.
>>
File: mmorrowind.jpg (221 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mmorrowind.jpg
221 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq6bAEQ0fyg

RELEASED FUCKING WHEN?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.