[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Controllers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: steamxbox+copy.jpg (335 KB, 1500x988) Image search: [Google]
steamxbox+copy.jpg
335 KB, 1500x988
Which one should I get, /v/?

>100% kb+m PC gamer
>literally never once in my 15+ years of gaming played anything with any controller
>moved to a new spacious apartment with a couch and a large TV
>thought I could enjoy some fighters, GTA or casual shit on a couch now

Thanks.
>>
Neither, get an xbox 360 controller instead
>>
File: shield-android-tv-still-v2.jpg (62 KB, 1093x510) Image search: [Google]
shield-android-tv-still-v2.jpg
62 KB, 1093x510
Just use this. Cheaper and more glorious.
>>
>>338365661
i fell for the meme controller and i used it for about 2 hours before going back to my 360 pad, it's been collecting dust since then

get a 360 pad, or an bone pad, i dunno if the bone pad is any good or not though
>>
>>338365661
Xbone/360 are interchangeable and really close, not to mention native xinput.

The PS3 controller has the best d-pad to doate and pressure sensitive face buttons and with SCP drivers you can have it easily with Xinput and wireless from any BT dongle.

PS4 is shite.
>>
>>338365661
>fighters
Unfortunately both controllers would be garbage for that. The main thing you want is a good d-pad and both of those d-pads are basically unusable. If you're wanting fighters, you might want to try getting a PS3/PS4 controller working, or pick up some third party solution with decent d-pad buttons instead of a mushy tilt pad thing/awful grooved touchpad.
>>
>>338365746
Why? I thought X1 controller was considered superior to 360 from what I read?

>>338365780
How does this work with games and ports designed for Xbox controller? I don't want to fuck around remapping keys or put up non-optimal controls or some shit.
>>
Just by some Hearthstone booster packs.
>>
>>338365661
>fighters
Then there's no choice other than DS3/DS4.
>>
>>338365887
What worries me is most PC games with controller support are designed for X360 / xbone layout and I really want just a casual just werks solution.

>>338365908
>>338366083

Noted. I almost never play fighters so I'm sure I would be awful at them for a while regardless of a controller.

Is it easy to have both (360/PS3/4 whatever) controllers set up and just switch between them as needed?

Is there an Xinput guide for retards, because it seem I'll need to use that anyway?
>>
>>338365921
Oh, I thought you were asking which console to buy. My bad, if you're looking for controllers. Get the xbox 1 controller.
>>
>>338365921
X1 controller definitely, especially if you want to play fighting games, the d-pad on the 360 is fucking atrocious and makes fighters really frustrating.
>>
I'm an idort of the biggest degree and I can say without doubt that the Xbox One controller is the best one I've ever laid my hands on. SNES is my runner up
>>
>>338366572
>>338366674
>>338366681
Gotccha.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.