[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far Harbor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 231639_1a.jpg (259 KB, 605x468) Image search: [Google]
231639_1a.jpg
259 KB, 605x468
Alright so i just finished Far Harbor. Despite Automatron being an absolute horseshit cash grab, FH is actually a half way decent coherent expansion.

At the start it feels exactly like Point Lookout but it does tell it's own story and does the coastal island way better then Fallout 3 did.

The quests are way better then anything in the vanilla game and the voice acting isn't dog shit. Some of the NPCs are actually interesting to talk to and the new Gulper enemies are fun to fight in packs.

It only took an extra $25 and 7 months but Fallout 4 actually has a decent quest line to do with an environment to match.
>>
HATE FALLOUT
>>
>>338364853
I haven't bought any of the expansions yet. Why is Automatron a cash grab? Is it really that bad?
>>
Can I just pirate the ESP and use it with my legit copy
>>
Anything good put into this game is immediately destroyed by the horrible dialog system it has.
>4 options
>Don't actually know what the character will say
>Mods reveal that literally every option is just a "Yes"
>People will put up with this for some reason
>>
>>338365445
Not if your copy is bound to steam
>>
>>338365459
Witcher 3 does that too and nobody is complaining about that.
>>
>>338364853
>It only took an extra $25 and 7 months but Fallout 4 actually has a decent quest line to do with an environment to match.

call me again when it's like 4.99 on a sale

the main game is probably the worst bethesda game I've ever played. Yeah, it improved a little bit in terms of mechanics, but for each step forward, it went back 10 steps

-story was shit
-factions were shit
-no holster is shit
-radiant missions are bullshit
-companions are shit with boring and short sidequests
-main character voice acting decision was utter shit

etc. etc.

overal it feels like an unholy mix between the worst parts of FO3 and Skyrim mixed together
>>
>>338366416
Witcher 3 has a protagonist that has an established life, some personality of his own. You're playing as Geralt, not as Fag McDicksuckerson, the greatest looter and backstabber known to man. What I'm saying is, Fallout had a great dialog system that let you build yourself as you wanted, now it's trying to pigeonhole you into a character that goes around solving all of the Wastelands problems, without you having much say in it.
>>
>>338366416
Because its telling the story of Geralt you cant just randomly decide to join the hunt or some shit.
>>
>>338366702
>companions are shit
I disagree
>>
>>338365346
People misunderstand the purpose of the DLC. Autists cried for days about it. They only measure DLC in terms of quests and not in overall quality.

Automatron's "quest" is just there for you to learn to build robots. Which is really fun. It's something you can make use of through an entire playthrough. Because you can use automatrons as custom settlers AND companions.Which functionally replace your retarded settlers with whatever you want. If you're looking for some epic twenty questline the DLC isn't for you.
>>
is the GECK out yet? Or are Beth jewing like the kikes they are still?
>>
>>338367457
Retard

https://youtu.be/hdGr8MH4pPU
>>
>>338367406
How dare we expect some well developed DLC? It's supposed to be this bad

If Season passes didn't exist these would have had terrible sales
>>
Enjoying it as well. FH's writing and dialogue is miles better than the entirety of the main game, which is pretty fucked.

The island is beautiful and interesting to explore / find notes and stuff. Only true complaint about it is playing it on Survival is tedious as fuck. Anglers and those giant praying shellfish mantis things take chip damage from everything, and the passive >1 rads you soak up assure that you're constantly ill from using Radaway. Had to go around and stock up on antibiotics like a motherfucker so I wasn't constantly lethargic or shitting worms.

Though, I will say, that the longer FO4 goes on, the more it just feels like Fallout 3: Redux.
>>
>>338367457

It's out.

Even better - they didn't even improve it all that much from Skyrim's CK. It's slightly more stable, but not even by much. It still crashes when jumping through cells and shit.

What took so long was them tying their whole bethesdanet structure together so consoles could have mods too.
>>
>>338365445
Yes. It's what I did. Pirated all 3 of the dlcs and my copy is on steam, works fine.
>>
>>338364853

Why not just pirate all the DLC? Don't they all come packed like mods do?
>>
>>338364853
Why do the people of the island choose to continue living there despite the fog being such a recurring problem? They have boats, they can leave at any time. It's not like the commonwealth is filled with settlements. It has plenty of empty patches they can make a community in.
>>
>>338366416
Except you can ask for more info about events and characters without advancing the quest in Witcher 3, there are more than 4 options in many occasions and although the options are brief (not as brief as Fallout 4's retarded few words (SARCASTIC, HATE X, SUPPORT X ETC.) you always more or less know what Geralt will say.
>>
>>338365445

Yes. I've been doing this since fucking Oblivion. Never been banned.

You can even get the achievements.
>>
>>338365445
Yes, they work the exactly same as mods.
>>
>>338369384
Of you ask them about it they say because it's thier home. Also the fog was inconsistent until like the last 4 years so people still think it will just go away
>>
>>338366416
witcher 3 is a meme
>>
>>338366706

The FO4 protagonist also has an established life. Hell, we see this in the opening of the game.

>B-b-but FO4 is an RPG

B-b-but it's not. Sorry!
>>
>>338371165
>B-b-but it's not
And that's the fucking problem
>>
>>338371284

FO4 is a poor excuse for an RPG like Pokemon is a poor excuse for a fighting game.
>>
>>338372640
Yeah, but unlike Fallout which advertises itself as and is in a series of RPGs, Pokémon doesn't call itself a fighting game, or at least, not to my knowledge.
>>
File: 1389465170180.png (1017 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1389465170180.png
1017 KB, 848x900
I think it's stupid that after I tell DiMA to go talk what's he's done worng, far harbor will just kill everything in Acadia no matter what. Man I thought that option was for the best and I ended up killing Kasumi.

Puzzles were boring and stupid as well.
>>
>>338366702
You can just torrent the dlc, no need to pay for it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.