[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: anarchy-reigns-15437-1680x1050.jpg (127 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
anarchy-reigns-15437-1680x1050.jpg
127 KB, 640x360
What went wrong?
>>
Rampage is one of the worst fucking mechanics to ever disgrace any video game and the inability to disable it in lobbies ruins the majority of the multiplayer modes
>>
>>338359182

I didn't find Rampage an issue, can you elaborate on why it was so bad?
>>
Literal infinites in the game.
Was pretty fun when some people for platinum got on to play before it went offline.
>>
SEGA killed it.
>>
File: Chromehounds.gif (107 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
Chromehounds.gif
107 KB, 500x379
>Servers are down
>No LAN mode

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>338359472
Consoles and people broken enough to buy them.
>>
>>338359260
The second rampage is popped, the game completely changes from actually fighting against your opponents to run away or pop your own rampage and mash buttons until one of you dies. It completely drains any interesting interaction out of the game and, for modes like Deathball and the 2v2 battle, is completely and utterly fucking stupid and ruins any enjoyment. It really is a shame, because I had so much fun with the game, but the second one faggot goes super saiyan, it all goes downhill.

Cage Matches were great, but like >>338359383 said, the fact that you can basically get infinite combo'd at any point during the match can get incredibly annoying since once you get juggled, you have zero defensive options and you're basically dead unless your opponent fucks up.

Great music, great roster, definitely needed some patches to fix its issues.
>>
Sega.
/cgg/ getting absolutely butthurt when I shit on them with Baron and Bayonetta that caused them to shitpost for two months
>>
>>338359472

Wait, what?
I thought Anarchy Reigns didn't have a dedicated server and was peer-to-peer instead.
The online doesn't work anymore?
>>
>>338359059

Infinite combos and terrible servers. It's really telling when a demo for your game is infinitely better than the game itself, purely because of cleaner netcode
>>
Man this game was the fucking best.

Just a pure month of non-stop action. Easily one of the most fun multiplayer games i've ever played. I knew it wouldn't last forever so I had to get the most I could.

Felt good being a Gargoyle hipster, he was abusively OP and yet people just ignored him.

Despite its flaws it had a ton of good stuff to offer, well that's just Platinum really, even their turds are gold.

I would give anything for a fucking PC release, i'm sure there would be a small but active community for it. In its current state, not even that exists.
>>
>>338359059
Netcode
No players
Infinites and the Triplets being braindead

Fix the first two and I could deal with the rest. I mained Jack even though he was shit.
>>
>>338363037

>gargoyle

my nigga
>>
>>338363154
>get rampage
>spam jumping special

So very disgusting, but if you were a Douglas or an infinite triplet you were getting that forever.
>>
File: 1358401770626.gif (3 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1358401770626.gif
3 MB, 260x146
>>338363037
>Mained Fei Rin because her weapon was cool
>Hated by everyone because the Rins were bullshit

I eventually just stuck with Jack.
>>
File: 1378891376127.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1378891376127.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>338360332
>baron
>>
>>338359059
>Let's a multiplayer party fighting game
>Let's not make any attempts to work on matchmaking or netcode

Wish more devs attempted the genre as I do love fighting games with multiple opponents but I didn't really trust Platinum after this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.