[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arcade Stories Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 27
File: 1463808355354.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463808355354.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
>>338344158 (previous thread)

Honestly, I was a huge scumbag when I was a kid and a genuine dickhead.
Downer Ending.

>depressed for a month during school break because of failing 7th grade.
>Stays over grandmother's in PA for a week, mostly playing WWF: No Mercy because wrestling is my most favorite hit ever.
>Visit local arcade and play some MvC2 using quarters 'borrowed' from grandmother's coin jar.
>Arcade is loud as fuck but barely nobody inside.
>Sees a couple of dudes my age in the corner at the UMK3 cabinet.
>Watches one of them get rekt by Motaro and laughs at him.
>The one watching kissed the other who lost.
>Like the moral christian paragon of righteousness I was, I made disgusted choking noises and made a crack about Motaro spanking fruitcups.
>The player left in a distressed hurry, but the watcher stayed and starts talking crap.
>Tell him UMK3 is shit and only queers play it.
>He says he'd kick my ass in MvC2.
>Tell him I don't play well with fags.
>Arcade owner gets sick of my shit and tells me to apologize or leave.
>Dude goes to bring his friend back and asks me to apologize to him.
>Remember that I'm going back him in a few days and probably never coming back, so instead didn't apologize and tell the kid to "Suck It", making the WWF DX gesture.
>Crybaby flat-out says "You like wrestling and call me a fruitcup?No, you suck MY dick!"
>Arcade owner cracks up laughing, pointing at me.
>Feel the rage of a thousand burning suns that he calls wrestling gay.
>Tell him "Sure" but if only he can beat me in MvC2, but if he loses has to pay me ten dollars because he dared to call wrestling Gay within earshot of me.
>>
File: 1181242137118.jpg (21 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1181242137118.jpg
21 KB, 320x371
>>338358389
>Arcade owner gets fed up and asks me to leave, but crybaby offers up a ten dollar bill.
>Match is on and I go full asshole mode with team Cable, Iron Man and Mega Man, beam team.
>Crybaby picks Ryu, Ken and Sakura.
>Shakin' my fucking head and laughing to myself since I notice the Alpha 3 cabinet nearby. This dude clearly just noticed what he recognized and didn't know that MvC2 was a different beast.
>I Beamspam the shit out of him, but the crybaby actually knows how to high-jump, dash and use specials, but not combo so much.
>Ryu gets bodied First, crybaby doesn't bat an eye.
>Crybaby lucks out with the corner and wastes Cable, doing something that almost resembled an honest-to-god combo, but he drops it with his garbage random tatsus on ken.
>Just now realize realize Megaman and Ken are neck-and neck.
>OhshitI''mnevergonnalivethisdownifIletthisfaggitbeatme.
>I stop fucking around and burn hyper after hyper. Ken's done.
>Fullhealth Sakura vs low health Megaman? Nope.jpg. Tag to Iron Man.
>Crybaby makes a subtle gesture like he was scratching his nose like bruce lee and looks away for a second.
>Evil Sakura. I honestly didn't know about this shit back then.
>I got no hyper left, so no proton cannon to save me.
>Stark gets peppered and wasted.
>Rock gets rolled and Shun Goku Satsu'd.
>Arcade owner stares at me, says nothing and walks away.

>Literally in tears and go to hide in the bathroom in shame.
>Crybaby follows and starts mocking me the whole way.
>Feel sick to stomach and throw up in toilet.
>Crybaby laughs the entire time.
>Realize I'm the scum of the Earth and just want to forget this ever happened.
>Watching friend walks in to check on me, honestly concerned about me. Behaves like a real bro.
>>
File: UMK3-1.jpg (30 KB, 370x600) Image search: [Google]
UMK3-1.jpg
30 KB, 370x600
>>338358461
>Tell him I'll be fine and to leave me alone.
>Crybaby complains about watcherbro taking my side.
>Watcherbro gets pissed off at Crybaby and tells him off.
>Watcherbro tells him to shut up because he was only checking if I was bitching out on the bet.
>The sense of betrayal. Watcherbro, Fucking WHY. My heart fucking dropped.
>Crybaby's pants dropped.
>Watcherbro only held my jaws apart and wanted nothing else, but at least made sure to have the common decency to not be a jerk.
>Crybaby made me swallow and decided to be a good sport later, leaving me the ten dollars anyway.

>The both of them don't leave and waited for me to feel better.
>Watcherbro asks me to apologize to the arcade owner for being a jerk.
> I apologize and the Arcade owner avoids eye contact, just looking like he didn't want to laugh.
>Never return to that arcade again.

>Last year, I ran into Watcherbro and Crybaby at Comic-Con.
>Actually made friends there and now follow each other on facebook and twitter.
>Crybaby constantly teases that I'm "long overdue for more medicine."

I don't even care anymore. I was an ignorant fucking kid back then.
>>
File: 1432678358127.jpg (613 KB, 1000x1450) Image search: [Google]
1432678358127.jpg
613 KB, 1000x1450
shameless bump
>>
File: 1434955615229.jpg (177 KB, 608x913) Image search: [Google]
1434955615229.jpg
177 KB, 608x913
Screw it. Fighting game girls dump.
>>
File: princess_karin_by_utilizator2.png (251 KB, 388x561) Image search: [Google]
princess_karin_by_utilizator2.png
251 KB, 388x561
>>
File: morrigan-vs-qbee-woooow.jpg (109 KB, 700x642) Image search: [Google]
morrigan-vs-qbee-woooow.jpg
109 KB, 700x642
>>
>>
>>
Did you lose on purpose?
>>
File: Chun_Li_by_seeso2d.jpg (99 KB, 1024x832) Image search: [Google]
Chun_Li_by_seeso2d.jpg
99 KB, 1024x832
>>
>>338360620
No. I Just never played anybody but my close friends in the game and was never a pro player and never felt interested in super high-level competitive play.

I was too stupid to realize that I was from out-of-town and those two frequently went to that arcade. Crybaby was holding back on purpose and I never realized it. My first warning should have been when he rushed to pick all three of his characters before me and his assists. The second warning should have been that he refused to use the hyper gauge for a long time despite clearly knowing how to do regular special movies and high-jumps.

He played at a better level than I did because I thought I was hot shit and he actually played matches against tougher competitive players, so he knew his shit and played me like a fiddle for the fun of it.
>>
>>
>>338358389
Here we go
>be me
>12 year old Yuro
>go to a school trip abroad to Germany
>slip out of an assembly and go to the arcade
>play the fuck out of Alien 3, Outrun, Mortal Kombat
>spend the whole allowance on that one sneaky trip
>get lost, cause widespread panic
>almost expelled when the teachers find me
So fucking worth it.
>>
honestly, I figured there'd be more sharing, but I guess there's just a bunch of underage kids on /v/ these days that've really never been in an arcade before.
>>
>>338361874
I miss the X-men and Simpsons beat em up games. So sad they are gone forever.
>>
File: 1241670446068.jpg (63 KB, 639x696) Image search: [Google]
1241670446068.jpg
63 KB, 639x696
>>
File: UnknownPlus.jpg (2 MB, 1887x2671) Image search: [Google]
UnknownPlus.jpg
2 MB, 1887x2671
>>338362037
those, Turtles in time and Final Fight were the games that were almost always guaranteed t be in arcades.
>>
>>338358554
they really made you suck his dick? thats sick, thats really really sick i cant believe you didnt tell the police. How did you ever live this down??its like something out of a movie
>>
>>338361874
No. You just wanted to use this thread to jerk off while posting your beta fantasy fuckboy thread about how you sucked some strangers dick. You are a fucking degenerate that should either get laid or kill yourself.
>>
>>338361874

I would share more stories but I didn't really go to arcades to be social because I was always just some nerdy kid.

Here's the only story of note that I really remember from like 20 years ago:

>playing at my favorite nickel arcade
>some little nigger is wandering around asking for coins
>tell him to go away
>later notice some other nigger who looks very similar, they were probably brothers or something
>run into my brother later on who apparently ran into the nigger and gave him a few coins for "a $20 bill"
>find one of the niggers (not even sure if it was the right one) and tell him I'll trade him coins for a $20 bill
>he says no and seemed confused
>later realize that the "$20 bill" was counterfeit
>later wondered if my brother actually got tricked or didn't care, never did find out

Bonus mini-story that I just remembered that was also like 20 years ago:

>at another arcade, riding up the elevator to the (crappy) 2nd story
>rip a smelly fart inside with 2 other dudes riding up that were at least 10 years older than me
>1 dude asks the other if he farted, other dude says no
>only other person in elevator was me
>they both stare at me while I try hard to not smirk and laugh because they might not find it funny
>they both don't say anything else and leave in disgust
>>
File: 1220340611184.jpg (365 KB, 721x1012) Image search: [Google]
1220340611184.jpg
365 KB, 721x1012
>>338362306
I was a stupid kid and sure as shit didn't want to come back to school next year hearing all about it, so I didn't say a word. Also, I didn't want to lose the sense of respect my friends back at home had. Being stupid and afraid of things like was more than enough.

Part of the problem is that I had an inflated sense of ego from being better than all of my local friends who never set foot into an arcade to begin with, so I had no sense of understanding what I was getting myself into.

The rest of the problem was that I simply wasn't used to losing and embarrassed myself. I overreacted and threw a tantrum, then threw up. That and the fact that I made a fucking bet in passing and never actually considered anybody would be in the mind to take it seriously. To them, I was pretty much a bully who cornered himself by hurling in the bathroom.

Crybaby turned out to be younger than me by about a year. Watcherbro is older by a month.
>>
>>338363163
Its just so strange to me that you can call the watcher "bro" after he forced you to suck his friends dick. How can you not resent these people especially with all the wrestling you watched and your ego? I would of thought you would of wanted to get back at them or at least fight your way out of sucking the dick.
>>
File: 1220340931554.jpg (200 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1220340931554.jpg
200 KB, 500x700
>>338362793
That reminds me.
There's a mall in south jersey that has a mini-arcade in it. (pretty sure it's depford mall.) At one point the change machine was in error in favor of the people getting change, giving the incorrect amount by the next dollar value up. exploited the shit out of it and got 10 bucks in quarters in exchange for 2 one dollar bills.
>>
>>338363429
Because instead of being a complete prick, he did genuinely come to the bathroom to see if I was okay at first and then told both me and Crybaby off for being assholes. He wasn't taking sides even though crybaby was literally his boyfriend. He didn't want to force me to do anything at first, but he did say I was a huge pussy if I backed down after his boyfriend put up the ten bucks in a money match as to where I offered him something else.

I was afraid they'd jump me if I declined, but they just offered and I didn't really think abut it until after it was over. They didn't actually make the effort to threaten me and Crybaby was afraid I'd bite, so he asked Watcher to just hold my jaw open. Before then, he didn't actually try to lay a finger on me and I wasn't trying to stand back of from near the toilet out of fear of being roughed up or something. After it was over, they still stayed there and Watcher just looked disgusted with me. He didn't laugh or make fun of me a single time. It can't be stressed enough how stupid and gullible I was.

>before anybody asks, no. It wasn't fun. It was stupid and it hurt. My jaw was sore for hours and I gargled a quarter bottle of listerine when I got back to my grandmother's house.

I played the match like a dumbass without thinking about what I agreed to because I was eager to make Crybaby cry again. If the owner said I had to leave the arcade, I wanted to at least leave an impression by making a couple of people I was intolerant toward feel bad. And that was literally the dumbest thing I've ever done next to getting drunk on the dawn of my sister's wedding.
>>
File: top303.jpg (108 KB, 507x750) Image search: [Google]
top303.jpg
108 KB, 507x750
>>
File: 1232417962846.jpg (229 KB, 615x850) Image search: [Google]
1232417962846.jpg
229 KB, 615x850
>>
File: 1459095453653.png (242 KB, 446x422) Image search: [Google]
1459095453653.png
242 KB, 446x422
>playing SFIII
>fighting gill
>have a small audience
>"kill" him with barely any health left
>"RESURRECTION"
>he kills me
>it was the 2nd round
>i lost the 1st round too
>all out of coins
>mfw
>crowd is really disappointed
>shamefully walk to the bathroom to take a piss
>wait to go home
>>
File: 1224169323745.jpg (127 KB, 549x750) Image search: [Google]
1224169323745.jpg
127 KB, 549x750
>>
File: cam-djs9.gif (70 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
cam-djs9.gif
70 KB, 562x600
>>338367298
>gill stories
Bruv. Welcome to the club.
>>
File: yuri-ai-dcammy1.jpg (173 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
yuri-ai-dcammy1.jpg
173 KB, 500x710
>>
File: 1461721356955.jpg (106 KB, 632x960) Image search: [Google]
1461721356955.jpg
106 KB, 632x960
>>
File: 1405294712247.jpg (165 KB, 700x924) Image search: [Google]
1405294712247.jpg
165 KB, 700x924
>pizza joint
>Area 51
>Tekken 3
'nuff said.

I want to return to those years.
>>
File: 1259038.jpg (131 KB, 574x768) Image search: [Google]
1259038.jpg
131 KB, 574x768
>>338368825
>Area 51
It was a government sanctioned requirement for every pizza establishment to have this machine in the 90's.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.