[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the worst video game protagonist ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (440 KB, 684x384) Image search: [Google]
image.png
440 KB, 684x384
Is he the worst video game protagonist ever?
>>
>>338356934
Probably
>>
File: donte.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
donte.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
>>
I don't know, but the protag of Red Faction 1 is the most intolerable fuck head I've ever played as in a game.
>>
>>338357043
At least he actually does things, guy in op lays on a bed for like 3 games then gets ayy lmaoed
>>
File: shit.png (220 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
220 KB, 500x357
he wasn't so bad in the first three games, but ubisoft ruined him utterly after brotherhood, as well as the modern storyline
>>
Hard Reset's protagonist was incredibly annoying. His dialog consisted 90% of complaining and swearing with 10% being meaningful things to say.
>>
File: 1458791414641.jpg (8 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
1458791414641.jpg
8 KB, 168x168
>runs away from home
>gets kidnapped
>train for no reason
>become capable
>goes into coma
>die

I have no idea how they made him end up like he did

do the new ones still have a modern substory?
>>
>>338357293
His storyline should have ended after 2.

Also Why the fuck did they decide to kill of Lucy?
>>
>>338356934
>Desmond
>Protagonist
>>
>>338357823
Literally because her actor didn't want to come back and voice the character.
>>
>>338357823
VA got too expensive, or didn't want to do it anymore.
One of those, but I don't remember which.
>>
He should have never been in a game and the animus bullshit should never have existed and you should have just been the assassins you played in the game.
>>
>>338358012
>>338358102

Ah. The Keira Issue.

Write one of the main side characters out due to no voice actor
>>
>>338357813
>I have no idea how they made him end up like he did

the wrote themselves into a mess when they kept extending the ezio games. by the time revelations came out most fans were telling ubi to shit or get off the pot when it came to the modern plot since it was becoming more and more detracting to playing the actual fun part of the game. then 3 came out and we know how that turned out.
>>
>>338357293
Everyone's face got fucked in Revelations. Ezio's looks fucking comical
>>
He's likely the worst. Close second being the Far Cry 3 guy. Leave it to ubisoft to shit out nothing but nauseating and completely unlikable protagonists.
>>
>>338357823
I thought he was fine in brotherhood, but once they killed off the chick it went all downhill from there - not just for desmond, but for the entire series

they should've recasted the VA (her voice really wasn't that unique or anything) and slightly reshaped her face, because that character was an integral part in keeping the modern storyline together

I haven't played AC past Blood Flag, and its modern sections were absolutely wretched, and it's what they're still doing
>>
Noble 6
>>
>>338357293
>>338358762
He looks like Adam Sandler Revelations because they somehow forgot to secure rights to the actor's likeness after Brotherhood and they only got it back for AC3 so they had to make him look different.
>>
>mfw I know people that actually only played the first 5 games just to see the desmond plot
>they considered this the REAL assassins creed story

and now desmond is dead you pieces of shit
>>
>>338359458
>Noble 6
Was the fucking man
>>
whatever the watch dogs guys name was
>>
>>338359939
You mean a shit character
>>
File: 1440386333778.gif (447 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
1440386333778.gif
447 KB, 245x175
>>338359458
>>
>>338356934
He shouldn't have existed in the first place. It would've been fine just playing with each assassin individually, but no they had to connect them somehow with some make believe cringeworthy going back into someone's memory technology.
>>
>>338357823
Original AC as envisioned by Desilets was supposed to be 3 games only and just as long as Lucy's VA contract but Ubishit decided to milk the series so they had to shoehorn Lucy being killed after the 3rd game and fire Patrice Desilets.
>>
>series starts off
>Desmond mainly in the background developing skills via the Animus
>"You know what, fuck the effort of making the present day finale, just kill him off and pull more ancestors out of the interns' asses."
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.