[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A great debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: youtube_cancer.jpg (59 KB, 917x400) Image search: [Google]
youtube_cancer.jpg
59 KB, 917x400
A great debate
>>
>>338356572
SBH actually puts out content on a regular basis, so I'm gonna go with him
>>
>>338356572
Isn't that faggot balding?
>>
>>338356837
This.
At least once a week, sometimes twice a week. If he misses a week it's probably a big video next week. You may say whatever about George but he actually works on his channel and actually has a IRL job.
>>
SBH is a complete fucking retard. MM seems a bit autistic, but he sounds like a guy I'd actually like to discuss video games with.
>>
>>338356572
I like MM better, but Bunnyhop is alright. Bunnyhop has a tendancy to talk about things he doesn't know a lot about (Schmups, arcade games), whereas MM typically tends to avoid this with the possible exception of the DotA video.

Honestly, I'd say MM is the only youtube reviewer who makes actual analyses of a high quality standard. It's kinda shocking that there are millions of video game youtube channels, but only one which actually provides decent analyses of games.
>>
>>338356979
>I'd say MM is the only youtube reviewer who makes actual analyses of a high quality standard
You need to look harder
>>
>>338357057
You got any other recommendations?

Other youtubers I like include Super Bunnyhop (albeit to a much lower extent) and Hyperbithero (he doesn't really analyze games but his videos are entertaining.

I don't care much for errant signal because he comes off as pretentious.
>>
>>338357057
Pretty much. I have found smaller youtubers that are at least as good as MM. Plus they actually release videos.
>>
Matthew nitpicks and SBH just makes more enjoyable content. I don't hate Matthew though.
>>
>>338357057
Okay, so then this is the part where you don't provide evidence to back up your claim

You're also going to act like a major fag when someone calls you out.

ACTION
>>
>>338356963
Pretty much. I finally gave them both a shot after refusing to for years and Bunnyhop was annoying and shallow as fuck. Matthew seems pretty autistic but he has a solid understanding of game design.

I was really impressed by MM, but I was disappointed by SBH despite having low expectations.
>>
MM is better, but SBH is still good. But george actually puts out videos so he wins by default.
>>
>>338356572
The battle of pseudo intellectuals
I guess Matthew would win since he makes hour long videos
>>
File: fichboiii.jpg (12 KB, 243x212) Image search: [Google]
fichboiii.jpg
12 KB, 243x212
Matthew goes into so much more depth than SBH that I don't think they're worth comparing. SBH is games analysis for the Did You Know Gaming or Sequelitis crowd, bitesized chunks of accessible and entertaining reviews.

Matthew is up there with Mrbtongue with putting insane amounts of work into chipping away at their subjects and exploring them to their fullest. A fucking 6 hours Dark Souls retrospective, with almost no downtime between interesting points.

I don't dislike either, but it's clear SBH's format allows him to put out content more regularly.
>>
>>338356572
>Matt

Comfy as fuck, delves in to game a headfirst

>Bunny

Bit of a knob, looks at all but the MGS games at a surface level only

Matt all the way
>>
Matt is king but BunnyHop isn't bad at all and he gets a lot of points for putting out videos way more often.
>>
>>338357224
For one Joseph Anderson pulls off the schtick a lot better. He may have vanilla as fuck tastes but in regards to the actual review structure he is better. Since the Mario videos Matthew has got in the habit of deliberately talking slower and repeating even the most basic points to drag out the video length because "longform reviews" is just his thing. Compare that to something like JA's Dragon's Dogma video, where he actually goes into how enemy damage is calculated and the effect this has on combat. He also released videos extremely often compared to Matthew, I just haven't been able to watch the Bloodborne videos because I haven't played it yet.
>>
i can only vouch for SBH

MM videos are the most meandering bullshit i've ever seen. SBH videos, the best ones, are more thesis-driven, which is inherently better.
>>
What does the MM stand for? I know SBH.
>>
>>338357585
Still waiting on him to finish all the metal gears
>>
>>338357875
Majoras Mask
>>
>>338357875
majoras mask
>>
>>338357789
>Joseph Anderson
Not that guy but gonna check it out. Anything else you have anon?
>>
>>338356572
I really liked bunnyhops mgs3 video but his mgs2 video is boring and dumb just like the game
>>
>>338357875
Onomatapeia for when you have something very tasty.
"MM that was delicious!"
>>
File: 1451583497743.png (137 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
1451583497743.png
137 KB, 330x327
>>338356572
Reported.
>>
File: 1446679977675.jpg (34 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
1446679977675.jpg
34 KB, 427x300
>>338356572
I like both
>>
>>338357201
>mentioning hyperbit but not his bf
>>
>>
>>338357974
Game Maker's Toolkit is good. He does vary at times, some videos are more wishy-washy and vague than others, but overall he's one of the best. One or two videos are pretty much carbon copies of other videos though, but apart from that he's pretty great.
>>
>>338358128
He's dead mate
>>
>>338356572
>Watched MM's 6 hour dark souls video twice

I didn't even know who he was before that, but I really love his style of critique.
>>
Joseph Anderson.
>>
>>338358063
>implying TGB makes content regularly
>>
>>338358128
Dead for fucking years. His videos on cinematic games sucked too
>>
File: first-day-on-the-internet-kid.jpg (92 KB, 728x1092) Image search: [Google]
first-day-on-the-internet-kid.jpg
92 KB, 728x1092
>>338358006
>>338357963
>>338357954
>>
remember when errant signal and game maker's tool kit came out with almost the exact same videos about dark souls difficulty in the space of a few days

these are the towering figureheads of gaming criticism and they throw out 5 year old casual conversation as if it their own profound insights

most gaming channels are garbage desu they go for the easy points too often, this is also why they're big into social justice shit because it's easy to make 20 minutes of content even when you have nothing to say
>>
>>338358207
He's on life support. He did a video a few weeks ago.
>>
SBH

Because Matt is European and they all sound way too pretentious. Also does other games that aren't Souls Shit and Zelda
>>
>>338356572
>"analisys"

Talking obvious shit at a mic for hours is nothing special.

Reported.
>>
>>338358319
>remember when errant signal and game maker's tool kit came out with almost the exact same videos about dark souls difficulty in the space of a few days
Remember when TheGamingBrit made the same video 3 years before and it was less bloated?
>>
File: The fuck even is this.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
The fuck even is this.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>338356572
I don't even know what either of these things are.

Fucking millennials.
>>
>>338358128
What the fuck is that? Looks like a shitty tumblr drawing
>>
File: Arlo.png (43 KB, 210x135) Image search: [Google]
Arlo.png
43 KB, 210x135
>>338358319
I know I follow garbage YT channels. But at least they are MY garbage YT channels.
>>
>>338358319
Yeah the overall quality of gaming discussion on youtube is really poor. Same goes for film and novels though. In fact, the same probably goes for everything.

Almost makes me want to make my own channel until I realize I'm too lazy to actually record footage and edit it all together.
>>
>>338358401
>they all sound way too pretentious
Just wait til you hear Noah Gervais
>>
>>338358540
maybe you should start a blog? (i don't mean that passive aggressively, i would genuinely give it a read)
>>
>>338358442
News flash

you're a millennial
>>
>>338358584
the worst

THE WORST
>>
>>338358604
>being a millennial means you can't criticize millennials

There's a thing called self awareness
>>
>>338358667
Gotta reference Cormac McCarthy in my Firewatch review so people know I'm cultured. :^)
>>
>>338358667
>>338358584
What's so bad about NG?

I know he goes full SJW in a select few videos but what about his regular videos?
>>
File: 1448708260785.png (277 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1448708260785.png
277 KB, 480x480
>>338356572
Bunnyhop has a schedule and gets his points across in less than 2 hours, not even a competition.
>>
>>338358750
He just comes across as incredibly try hard, acting like a literary critic with the way he talks as if he's fingering a red wine glass by a fireplace while he talks about Doom or some shit. He also talks about the superficial kind of stuff way more than the actual meaty gameplay.
>>
MM
>a critic, right about everything 99.4% of time
>no track record of liking shitty games
>has a gf
>steals his opinions from 4chan

SBfag
>a game """"""""""journalist"""""""""""", almost never right about anything
>on the record for liking Gone Home and Pillars of Eternity, openly shills for Obsidian
>no gf
>friends with niggers and hipsters, an SJW
>steals his opinions from 4chan but appropriates them for reddit crowd
>>
>>338358707
You're not criticizing them. You're using it as a mindless insult.
>>
>>338358878
It's easy to be right about everything when you make such basic points.
>>
File: 1431157067_sdasd.gif (140 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
1431157067_sdasd.gif
140 KB, 165x115
>>338358878
>>
>dropping a youtuber you like because they said something mildly liberal once

Can't risk letting those problematic and toxic gross opinions breach your safe space, huh?
>>
Best gaming youtuber coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euLLcwmNKJI
>>
>>338358853
I don't know, he does come off as tryhard sometimes but his videos are just nice to listen to. Here's a channel that's pretty damn good for gameplay analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyhnYIvIKK_--PiJXCMKxQQ

>>338358878
Your first point about SB is completely wrong.

You steal all your opinions from 4chan as well, you just appropriate them for the idiot crowd.
>>
>>338357201
There's a guy on youtube called Ahoy, jesus christ watch him, he's done hour long doucmentaries on the effect of the cold war on video games, it's amazing.
https://youtu.be/15dxuAbTC0A
>>
>>338356572

I don't know the other guy but I watched a few of the Matthewmatosis videos and he comes across as very pseudo-intellectual to me.

He's kind of dressing things up as critical analysis but he doesn't do a very good job of being objective. Lots of speculation presented as fact, lots of looking for evidence to support predetermined conclusions and ignoring anything contradictory, lots of obvious bias, that sort of thing.

What makes this so irritating is it seems like he knows better. For example, he often uses direct quotes from the creators, or at the least paraphrases them, to support statements he makes when he kind find them but if he can't, or if it doesn't support his position, he begins to just make up what the creators were thinking or doing. His videos become a little less "critical analysis" and a little more "What I reckon..." when he starts doing shit like that.

But then this is youtube, can't really expect rigorous adherence to academic standards and he's still a lot better than most his contemporaries.
>>
>>338358967
I don't even mind the subject it's just the brazen, low effort, "hey guys i have the good politics so it's safe to follow me on twitter", bloated nothing of it that annoys me.

If a Jacobin person started writing about video games it would probably be fine, but none of them do.
>>
I like both.

SBH formula allows him to put video's out much more regularly. He doesn't nearly go into detail as much at MM, but this allows him to review a lot more things while still trying to take a deeper look into the games.

MM is just such a comfy guy to listen to, I swear I have listened to all his videos at least twice in the background of some grinding session. The only problem is that he doesn't make much content, his video's are to long to pump out on a weekly basis. If he is trying to do youtube more seriously, then he should try for a biweekly video release schedule, or have one big video a month with a few smaller video's.
>>
Gib me channels you like, /v/.
>>
File: 9vDYJR3X.jpg (7 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
9vDYJR3X.jpg
7 KB, 160x160
I used to think he was pretty good but his rant about fanservice and people wanting to fuck video game characters or whatever was really weird and out of place.
He completely contradicts himself with that rant than he goes back to talking about Sherry's ass in his Resident Evil 6. He seems like an ok guy and I like his videos but he needs to chill.
>>
>>338358878

You know that George is an ACTUAL journalist right? And a journalist shouldn't be right about anything.
>>
Mattew because he always focuses of aspects of videogames that actually matter - level design, controls, length, various mechanics, graphics etc. He always touches upon these before moving on to move nebulous topics.
George is one of these 'durr I gotta sound smart and professional' retards who talk about videogames as if they're reviewing art gallery, fuck him.

Case and point is the expansive MGS series analysis they both made, and Matt's just shits on SBH in every way
>>
File: king-triton-little-mermaid.jpg (100 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
king-triton-little-mermaid.jpg
100 KB, 400x387
>SBH
>Shit on Axiom Verge and had Life is Strange for GOTY candidate

His opinion is fucking worthless to me.
>>
>>338358483
ANYWAYS, POKKEN TOURNAMENT
>>
>>338359161
He seemed like he realised he'd kinda fucked up there right as he said it though considering he took a break after.
>>
>>338359161
>talking about Sherry's ass
hard not to comment/compliment when Capcom's booty game is strong
>>
>listen to the tovg podcast for shits and gigs
>find out bunnyhop is mildly autistic
>suddenly understand his videos now
>>
BunnyHop can't criticize a game for shit. When he's analyzing a game he genuinely likes though, it's pretty good.

Matthew's content feels borderline autistic but they're pretty in-depth. I hate his voice though, and can't stand more than an hour of him.
>>
File: wab.jpg (68 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
wab.jpg
68 KB, 1278x720
I trust this Geordie man to give a fair review.
>>
>>338357272

>Matthew seems pretty autistic but he agrees with /v/ so I suck his dick

ftfy
>>
>>338359393
I watched about 3 videos from this guy and all of them made him look like a giant fucking retard who can't take criticism.
>>
>>338359135
Dark Pixel Gaming
Elder Geek
Core-A Gaming
>>
>>338359393
I think he's gotten worse over time. He seems a bit full of himself these days, praising what he does while condemning everything else.
Not the worst reviewer, but after he started using that fucking bell it all went downhill.
>>
>>338358878

>no track record of liking shitty games
>plays dota 2
>favorite zelda is majora's mask

lol
>>
>>338359161
I'll tell you what happened.
He made the fatal mistake of expressing his own opinion and because he's basically a "/v/ youtuber" he was surrounded and shouted down until he either folded like a pussy and say "I-I don't know why I said that... I was confused... I'm going to take a break for a while... sorry guys" or be labeled a "SJW" by screaming autists for all time and lose his entire following.

Even his own best fucking friend HyperBit didn't just disagree, he took a fucking knife out and demanded he change his opinion. It was ugly and embarrassing and it was the hivemind in action.
I didn't agree with his points either but goddamn people need to be able to handle other opinions. But I'm asking the impossible of /v/.

It just goes to show why being a /v/ celeb is so shit. You are only accepted as long as you behave. Step out of line once and you're DROPPED no matter what you've done or said in the past. Fickle, oversensitive autistic children are the shittiest "fans" in the world. Being a /v/ celeb means you don't really have any fans at all, just people enjoying hearing their own opinions fed back to you. These "fans" will turn on you and tear you apart at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>338359393

That guy is fucking useless.

He doesn't even pretend to give fair reviews. His channel is 30% shilling, 30% shitting on obviously bad games, 30% just spouting his lazily formed opinion as if it were absolute and inarguable fact and 10% getting pissy at people that dare to call him out on his bullshit.
>>
So I check these channels after seeing a ton of buzzwords getting thrown around in this thread, and they're just 2 guys who talk about games they like
>>
What happened with Al Russel? Why did he delete his channel?

I wonder if any of the guys who started channels during the GYP era still even visit here
>>
>>338359393
>>338359471
This.
>refuses to buy a controller for Dark Souls
>THE GAME IS SHIT IT'S SHIT

Then he uses a wheel for driving games and says it's one of the only good way to play them. He's a fucking idiot who thinks criticism is "personal attacks" and puts himself above everyone else because he's old and cynical.
>>
>>338359418
George is just a slightly more intellectual TB that thinks making "serioss gurnalism" about fucking video games isn't completely retarded

Matt just talks about games as that, actual fucking games and game design which is the saner attitude, rather than the post bloggosphere collective media retardation attitude that, that other fuckhead has.

Mind you I hate both of them. And people making these shitty e-celeb threads can fuck right off
>>
Strafefox (not a furry, relax) has awesome videos with high production values but they're few and far between.

He should probably relax on the 3D stuff and just make cool videos. His video on Ecco the Dolphin really nails why that game is so great.

Who is "MM" that people keep talking about? I'm in the market for more youtube dudes.
>>
>>338359161

When was this?
>>
>>338359772
Probably, think I saw Hyperbit post a few weeks ago.

Speaking of which GYP kind of died didn't it? I guess the video creators realised it was them keeping the site afloat.
>>
>>338356572
I can't stand SBH's voice, it's like he's constantly whining at me all the fucking time. He has that perfect mix of high pitched and scratchy that makes a calm man want to commit murder suicide.
>>
>>338359792

I just like the fact he shits on early access
>>
>>338359161
There's always proto Gaming Brit
>>
>>338359205
It still hurts
>>
>>338357875
mister mitosis
>>
>>338359952
Jim Sterling does that as well, in fact he does it a LOT more (so much that he got sued by an Early Access "Developer" for it). You must love him, right?
>>
crowbcat
>>
>>338359075
I like his content, but I really can't say his analysis is surprisingly in-depth or very hight quality. His videos are a pleasure to watch though.
>>
>>338357875
What's SBH? Shakin' Bobble Head?
>>
>>338359952

Everyone shits on early access. There's nothing special about that.

Do you love everyone that mentions that preorders are probably not a wise idea too?
>>
>>338360138
Duuudde sick one
>>
I'm so tempted to make a video spouting my borderline autistic opinions on certain subjects that really rile me, like retards saying tank controls were a bad thing in survival horror, or the joy of the Musou series.

It wouldn't even be for anyone else to enjoy, I feel like it would be cathartic.
>>
>>338359728
>It just goes to show why being a /v/ celeb is so shit. You are only accepted as long as you behave. Step out of line once and you're DROPPED no matter what you've done or said in the past.

Tris is pretty true. I have seen people shit on Mr Btongue just for making a couple sjwish comments.
>>
>>338357201
mrbtongue
there was also sexbad, but he moved on to livestreams and dildo revievs from the perspective of a gay bottom
>>
>>338359728
I thought he was hypocritical because he made a blanket statement about people who find video game characters attractive while he himself said things about finding video game characters hot. His next video after his rant mentions a video game character's ass.

Same reason why HyperBit was confused because it was hypocritical and out of character.
>>
>>338360228
>sjwish comments
You mean "liberal"
>>
>>338360172
>cathartic.
Go away Gaming Brit
>>
>>338359728

The hell are you guys talking about? What happened?
>>
File: fitz.gif (999 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
fitz.gif
999 KB, 500x281
>>338360228

That's why you drop out at the height of your power and become a legend.
>>
>>338360228
Nobody gets triggered easier than conservative children
>>
I thought Matthewmatosis was high level in-depth shit until I discovered this guy:

https://critpoints.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/critpoints-glossary/

I still like MM, he just needs to update more often.
>>
File: f.png (892 KB, 880x737) Image search: [Google]
f.png
892 KB, 880x737
>>338360073
>hour long video of the differences of the explosion radius in GTA 4 and 5
>'I'm going to delete my channel unsub' 'Oh nvm just kidding'

yeah no thanks
>>
>>338360172
give me your defense of tank controls in one sentence and I will decide if you have what it takes
>>
>tfw all your friends tell you you have interesting and insightful opinion on vidya but your voice suck so much you know you would be hated just for it if you made videos/podcasts.

Such is life in the zone.
>>
>>338360165
what?
>>
>>338360271
You must have brain damage.
He clearly made a point of saying HEY GUYS HOT HOT IS SHERRY'S ASS in the next video after his rant to keep the drydicked autists from hounding him

He was probably dying inside
>>
>>338360378
Hi Chris
>>
>>338356572
Matthewmatosis because he isn't a fucking pretentious faggot.
>>
>>338356572
SuperBunnyHop because he isn't a fucking pretentious faggot.
>>
>>338360478
It wasn't his next video, that was like 3 months after.

His next video was the walking one.
>>
>>338360557
Oh hi George
>>
I like both. MM's Q&A videos are comfy as fuck
>>
>>338360478
What video are we talking about? His last two videos before the Resi 6 one (not counting the throwaway R&C video) were:
>walking in video games
>anticipated 2016 games
>>
>>338359728
Sadly this
Even if someone here agreed with every single MM video up until now they would scream DROPPED and lose their shit if he simply said he enjoyed Undertale or, god forbid, expressed a liberal thought.
>>
All this talk about TheGamingBrit and no one brings up his babby boy Vash?
>>
>>338360228
People were mad at Mrbtongue because back in the day he made well thought out videos with unique and interesting things to say and his most recent videos are just him regurgitating the current internet liberal mantra
>>
>>338360138
Anyone?
>>
>>338358128
>>338358176
>>338358265
What exactly happened? I know he used a Twitter account long after he stopped uploading, but even that's deleted now. Why did he stop making videos in the first place?
>>
>>338360523
Oh hi Matthew
>>
>>338360454
Not like SBH's voice is good. Just articulate well and not in a super pretentious way
>>
>>338356572
I don't know who either of these are.
>>
Would you watch an autistic Australian man shout "X GAME IS SHIT"
No analysis, just 5 second videos on x game is shit. It'll be just like browsing /v/.
>>
>>338360448

It allows the panic of a player to directly translate to a loss of control of the character, as they instinctively use the controller like every other game they've played has conditioned them to.
>>
>>338360650
>he made sense when I agreed with him, now he's said something I disagree with, so he's lost his mind!
>>
>>338360731
I'm already subbed to Gggmanlives
>>
File: 1798763.jpg (9 KB, 268x283) Image search: [Google]
1798763.jpg
9 KB, 268x283
How the fuck do you guys know who all those people are?
>>
>>338360478
Yeah HE WAS FORCED TO talk about a video game character's ass.
>>
>>338360701
He made video essays in his free time but stopped because he was at uni iirc. He was quite active on twitter but eventually he dropped off there too.

He was kind of into the gamergate stuff but he seemed a bit disappointed with how it turned out, then he never really tweeted much again.
>>
>>338360478
Even before this whole thing he'd tweet about how Resi6 was so based with pictures of sexy monster concept art.

You're making drama out of nothing.
>>
>>338359075
>unironically linking xboxahoy

I love how he went from pandering to call of duty xbox babbies to the le master race audience. His Doom video was pathetic with how many times he snuck in offhand comments about how "real" of an FPS it is since theres not modern elements.
>>
>>338356963
Aww, did SBH shit on your favorite game?
>>
>>338360701
He thought the faggots at the top of GG were acting just like the faggots at the top of the SJW movement. Attention whores more interested in themselves or pushing their own personal politics than in actually seeking the objective truth.

And he was right.

But he also knew that everyone who didn't declare themselves an anti-SJW who 100% backed GG was eaten alive by the autistic hordes and stayed out of it.

The boy seems to have too much common sense to get deeply involved with online drama about videogames. Being in a position where you're a hero to a bunch of really shitty assholes who are dumb as fuck and just using your work as ammo in a pathetic pissing match is actually horrible unless you're willing to play pied piper with them and milk attention and money from them.
>>
I never even played any Souls game but I still watch MM's commentary.
I also really like SBH and it helps that he puts videos out regularly.
>>
>>338360803
Same way how some people know pornstars names.
>>
File: 1432846449868.jpg (43 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1432846449868.jpg
43 KB, 256x256
>it's a "game analyst with a heavy Japanese and CRPG bias makes videos once every ten years" Youtube Channel

Oh wow, you like Dragon's Dogma and the original Fallout games. How original. Tell me about Nier again, please.
>>
File: D.png (129 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
D.png
129 KB, 500x282
>>338359003
holy fuck i thought that was fake for a second
>>
Matthew's reviews feel way more dense, I appreciate that more. Just wish he'd release stuff on a more regular basis. Even if it's just one video per month.
>>
Power rankings

Game Maker's Toolkit
Hyperbithero
Superbunnyhop
Thegamingbrit
Joseph Anderson
Matthewmatosis
>>
>>338360925
>Anri Okita retired from porn
shit. Why did you have to remind me?
>>
File: mechagamezilla.jpg (25 KB, 549x549) Image search: [Google]
mechagamezilla.jpg
25 KB, 549x549
The winner
>>
>>338356572
George had some really retarded opinions, plus he disliked Policenauts.

Gonna have to go with matthewmathosis.
>>
>>338360991
I can't tell if Game Maker's Toolkit is just trying to make his videos accessible or if he just has nothing interesting to say.

>>338360967
not an argument
>>
>>338360803
I don't have any friends who are as passionate about video games as I am so I enjoy reading/hearing fringe critics and writers who actually know what the fuck they're talking about unlike 99% of people who write and make videos professionally
>>
>>338361076
I get that too, some of his recent videos are good like the Doom one, but some are super basic stuff, like the Ico one can be summed up in a minute.

He's also ripped other people off a couple times.
>>
File: 1444553903384.png (66 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1444553903384.png
66 KB, 342x245
I thought /v/ hated e-celebs. What happened?
>>
>>338358878

Bunny is an actual journalist, he just happens to make videos about games in his off time.
>>
>>338361138
Where the fuck have you been for the past few years?
>>
>>338361054
>plus he disliked Policenauts.

he doesn't though

pay attention next time
>>
>>338361138
/v/ is tsundere towards e-celebs.
>>
File: 1463815222702.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1463815222702.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>338361138
This thread is about e-academics.
>>
>>338361138
GG brought in the kids.
Specifically, kids with no friends. ecelebs are all they have, don't be mean.
>>
File: Bask.jpg (51 KB, 1062x800) Image search: [Google]
Bask.jpg
51 KB, 1062x800
>>338361052
>Zeek filth

I can't trust him.
>>
File: eceleb neo v.jpg (66 KB, 645x392) Image search: [Google]
eceleb neo v.jpg
66 KB, 645x392
>>338361138
Underage happened
>>
>>338361183
Same to you, the video ends and he comes off as if Policenauts isn't a very good game.
>>
File: 1436424663538.png (203 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
1436424663538.png
203 KB, 337x337
Can't recommend him enough, his Drakengard series of videos was superb.
>>
>>338361179
Here, wasting my life
>>
>>338361238
I thought he was a Feddie
>>
>>338360743
if any controls can be defended like that, what are "bad" controls?
>>
>>338361274
>le wacky dildo man

"Y-you too"
>>
>>338360758
I don't think you can read very well, friend or you're projecting really hard.
It has nothing to do with agreeing with him. I don't agree with his gesamtkunstwerk video but it's well thought out and interesting. His video about "diversity" is simplistic and fucking stupid. It's a shitty even for a "we need more diversity in video games" video.
>>
>>338356572
I can't stand Matthew's accent.

Sorry, I really can't. From what I've seen, his content is good, but his accent really bugs me.

>>338359920
I get that.

But you should try listening to the TOVG podcast, check out MattVisual's speech
>eeeeeeh, IIIIIIII aaaah ah, eh
Sucks 'cause I really like Matt but goddamn the man needs to take a speaking class.

For all the nasally, whiny tones George can produce, he's at least fully articulate.
>>
File: neo v 2012.jpg (2 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
neo v 2012.jpg
2 MB, 2500x2500
>>338361228
>GG brought in the kids.

you know nothing
>>
>>338361274
I want to fuck him. Yes yaoi
>>
Joseph Anderson's videos on Dark Souls 2 were really good and playing the game with his advice in mind I actually ended up enjoying it a lot more than Dark Souls 3.

If nothing else it's fresh to hear someone defend Dark Souls 2 as a game of its own instead of the usual "yeah it's not as good as dark souls but it's still a good game".
>>
>>338357201
this works too https://www.youtube.com/user/broadcaststsatic/videos
>>
>>338361307
>His video about "diversity" is simplistic and fucking stupid
Explain how without sounding like an underage 8gaGGer
>>
>>338358878
>""""""""""journalist""""""""""""
He has a degree in journalism and actually does real journalism, so you can remove those quotes.
>friends with niggers
Hello, /pol/
>an SJW
No, he's not.
>>
>>338361274
I like when he and Mecha flirt. My OTP.
>>
>>338360454
Friends always tell you what you want to hear.
>>
>>338361052
>tfw every year he makes christmas special

It's honestly one of the highlights of my year.
>>
>>338361324
Welshman detected
>>
>>338356963
>>338356979
Oh yes, I sure do love that analysis where he spends 20 minutes explaining why the locked door in the Undead Burg is genius.
>>
>>338361228
>4chan before 2014
>filled with grown, well-adjusted adults with many friends
How's it feel to be this delusional
>>
>gets paid 822 bucks a month to make two videos a year

It's not fair
>>
>>338361502
The xmas episodes are so good and only get better, I love them
>>
>>338361547
>Welsh
I'm American actually.
>>
>>338361454
>No, he's not.
Did you miss that 20 minute rant about white people ruining videogames for others?
>>
>>338361481
That's enemies, not friends.
Real friends shit on eachother and tell it like it is when you fuck up.
>>
>>338361302

This is an issue unique to the SH genre. The tank controls aren't bad, they're just not intuitive. 10-15 minutes in you no longer have to think about them, and the games aren't designed for reflex pushing encounters that would be hindered by the slower control method.

The most important thing about a control scheme is that it enhances the link between you and the game. A lot of people seem to assume that having tight, 1:1 controls that are incredibly responsive would be a benefit to any game, but I'd argue that for a lot of games they'd detract from the experience.

This doesn't mean I'm defending all control schemes, take basically any 2D platformer from the 8 or 16-bit era, any control scheme that has a delay on the jump instantly mars the experience of the game, and I can't think of a single example where they experience of the game would be enhanced by it.
>>
>>338359728

Seeing as all those tweets have been deleted, it's hard to judge, but reading hyper's responses it looks like GBS sperged out and started telling people to grow up and stop finding video game characters hot.

Which is, in fact, a flip flop coming from that guy

>Even his own best fucking friend HyperBit didn't just disagree, he took a fucking knife out and demanded he change his opinion.

Doesn't look like that to me.
>>
>>338361401
I don't know what to say to you. It seems like you're very dense. I already said why I think it's bad. He doesn't present a unique opinion or a familiar opinion from an interesting perspective. His starting point and his conclusion is "we need more diversity in gaming" while he spouts stupid shit like "we've been pushing marginalized groups out of video games" without backing it up or even discussing it. Then he shows Polygon articles.
>>
>>338356572
One is a great critic, another just parrots /v/'s opinions.
>>
File: 1447979255065.jpg (10 KB, 333x342) Image search: [Google]
1447979255065.jpg
10 KB, 333x342
>>338361737
>20 minute rant about white people ruining videogames for others?
Having watched every SBH video in the past like four years, I don't remember this ever happening.

And I'm positive I'd remember that.

I thought you might have been coming to this conclusion because
>likes Gone Home
>was on gamesjournospro list (even though he never participated and many others were put on the list unknowingly)
>>
>>338360319
just liberals having their cryfest and acting like they're oppressed
>>
>>338361240
This makes me sad. /v/ has been nothing but shitposting and baiting other underage but I was hoping /v/ at least didn't have people who sincerely enjoy fucking Markiplier
>>
>>338361858
>/v/'s opinions

what opininos? every other person here disagrees with each other constantly
>>
>>338361778
He didn't say nobody should find game characters hot
He said that if it's the only thing you care about in a game maybe you should get a grip
>>
>>338361860
allegedly he ranted on whiteys on TOVG podcast
>>
>>338361909

Fuck you, /v/ has a unanimous mindset
>>
>>338361948
lol
>>
>>338360876
Does he even bad mouth games? George talks like he's discussing video games with a child. I guess that's why you like him so much.
>>
>>338356572
The potato farmer, every time.
>>
>>338361943
I also listen to that podcast

I've missed a few episodes, but he's never once shown any inclination towards that sort of sentiment so I'm skeptical of the claim nonetheless.
>>
>>338361728
Then you're simply a faggot
>>
File: 1414033918929.jpg (81 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1414033918929.jpg
81 KB, 840x623
>205 posts
>no mention of icycalm aka alex kierkegaard aka anthony zyrmbas aka smooth criminal
>>
>>338361860
>>338361997
http://www.thatonevideogamer.com/podcasts/the-tovg-podcast-87-george-squidman/
>>
>>338361401
His choice to focus on recent design trends and AAA titles weakened his argument. Most of that shit developed in the aftermath of a massive recession, where companies are obviously going to be less creative and risky. Blaming this on some sort of "whiteness" only hurts his overall point because removing the caution from the equation would allow the white industry to get back to flourishing.

While that doesn't necessarily hurt his point that cultivating diversity would result in more varied games, using the recent game industry as an example of whats going wrong doesn't work as a good starting point for "this is why we need diversity" because most it can be explained by safe business practices.

It's also the left wing equivalent of a cuckservative argument where he tries to appeal to people on the other side in a really weak way. As much as I can't stand sneering sjw cunts I have a lot more respect for "diversity is inherently something we should be cultivating" than "diversity would actually benefit you too dude, everyone wins!!!".
>>
>>338362101
aka died in a car accident since he hasn't updated his site in ages
also he put the paywall back up. fuck him
>>
>>338361929

Looks like he said quite a bit more than that based on the responses.

Either way, nobody demanded he change his opinion.
>>
File: 117754635489.jpg (87 KB, 599x392) Image search: [Google]
117754635489.jpg
87 KB, 599x392
>>338358967
half the thread is WAAAAHH THEY SAID SOMETHING LIBERAL ONCE, I HATE THEM NOW
>>
>>338360163
And even then, he's pretty biased when it comes to early access games.

His review on Elite can be summarized as: "The original is my childhood game and helped me through hard times"
>>
>>338359189
you actually like sonyggers first metroid and lesbian time travel sim?
>>
File: wtf stop disagreeing with me1.jpg (57 KB, 599x392) Image search: [Google]
wtf stop disagreeing with me1.jpg
57 KB, 599x392
>>338362146
half the thread is WAAAAHH YOU ONLY HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY SAID SOMETHING LIBERAL WAAAAAAHH
>>
>>338362108
I have listened to this episode, and I don't remember such a rant.

But I'll scrub through it again, for your sake.
>>
>>338362146
You're not a liberal you SJW cunt
>>
>>338362132
i think he's making insomnia 4.0 or something according to people on his forum
>>
>>338362138
>Looks like he said quite a bit more than that based on the responses

I saw the tweets. You're literally looking at half the information and telling me I'm wrong.
It's like I saw a movie and told you what happened in it and you're telling me I'm wrong about it, despite not having seen it.

And I never claimed they demanded he change his opinion.
>>
>>338356572
Bunnyhop can be annoying at times and has a tendency to talk about things he's not all that familiar with. His new DS video for example, he was fat rolling a lot in that and some of the DS3 areas have horrendous level design. Did he really try to use that door in the Lost Bastille as a boss shortcut?
>>
File: 1458064800649.jpg (232 KB, 1056x594) Image search: [Google]
1458064800649.jpg
232 KB, 1056x594
>>338357272
>>338356963
I don't understand how you can find MM repeating the same few points in different ways interesting.
>>
>>338362185
>Axiom Verge is bad because it was on PS4 as well as PC
>Reading comprehension so bad he thinks I was praising Life is Strange not calling SBH worthless for thinking it was GOTY material

Never replay to me again, you deluded chucklefuck. Have fun playing all those fresh Metroid games coming out instead of giving Axiom Verge a try. I bet you think Other M was a masterpiece.
>>
One uploads videos, one doesen't.
>>
>>338362314
Then why was the door put there?
>>
>>338362201
>using the image he's mocking in response to the image he's mocking
lol
>>
>>338362342

kek
>>
>>338361943
>>338361997
>>338362108
>>338362236
I remember this. There was a news story about Rust randomly generating the player's look, gender and race based on their Steam ID and they all acted like the only people who were upset about this are "RACIS WHITE PEOPLE". It was pretty fucking stupid. They didn't even think of the reverse of the situation where a black man has to play as a white man.
>>
>>338362201
>half the thread is WAAAAHH YOU ONLY HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY SAID SOMETHING LIBERAL WAAAAAAHH
So... he's right?
Good job, retard.
>>
>>338362387
>using poorly done edit then get mad when someone posts the original image
lol
>>
>>338362324
I value originality. AV was a soulless, mediocre clone with a faggot protagonist only praised because it was made by one guy and on a Sony console. Sorry to trigger you with another reply.
>>
>>338361983
Lol, stay mad
>>
>>338362310

>I saw the tweets. You're literally looking at half the information and telling me I'm wrong.

I think there's a decent chance you're minimizing it, but okay. Fair enough.

>And I never claimed they demanded he change his opinion.

I assumed you were the guy that said this

>Even his own best fucking friend HyperBit didn't just disagree, he took a fucking knife out and demanded he change his opinion.
>>
>>338361401
>here's some diverse games made by diverse people from different countries
>they're all neat and are developed using vastly contrasting philosophies
>BUT WE NEED MORE DIVERSITY

It was a completely pointless video.
>>
>>338356572
SBH has absolute shit taste though.
>>
>>338362431
Reading comprehension you illiterate moron
>>
>>338362314
Better than taking 6 months to make more content
>>
>>338356572
Left puts a whole lot more thought into analysis.
>>
>>338362424
So a black man shouldn't have to be forced to play as a white man?
What an interesting opinion, Anon. Very progressive. Care to tell us more about it?

I mean, you're not just caring about black people having to play as white people in this one specific instance in order to justify white people being angry about being forced to play as a different gender or race, right?
>>
From the videos they posted. I feel like SBH has a better grasp on the games he plays. I feel like Matt is a pretty garbage player, but loves discussing games and has fleshed out his opinion through constant discussion.
>>
>>338362201
But it isn't. The first guy is right. Your response is a kneejerk response that doesn't make sense.
Half the thread isn't what you say it is.
>>
>>338362614
George is that you ? You sound awfully upset. It seems like you're projecting so hard that you could work in an IMAX theater.
>>
>>338362314
The door was put there as a shortcut and he points out how terrible and useless it is.
>>
>>338359728
This is so true it hurts. How you guys live in constant hyperbole about everyone being "worthless" and "completely clueless" because you disagreed with him once is beyond me.
>>
>>338362794
No, I didn't think you'd be able to reply with an actual point. So I'm not dissapointed.
>>
>>338362496
Nice argument
>>
>>338362732
But it is. The first guy is wrong. Your response is a kneejerk response that literally doesn't make sense.
Half the thread isn't what you or the first guy say it is. There are more posts ITT whining about intolerance of youtuber's liberal opinions than actual complaints about youtubers said opinions. That is objective fact.
You're an illiterate and hypocritical moron.
>>
File: 39.png (3 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
39.png
3 KB, 222x211
Have you guys heard about dialectic? Turns out opinions don't have to replace each other, but can form a synthesis!
>>
>>338362852
You're using hyporbole right now though.
>>
Anti-anti SJWs are worse than both to be completely honest.
>>
SBH made a video that was basically "STOP WATCHING E3 SHEEPLE" and I couldn't take him seriously anymore. Like, why the fuck do you care what I do? Also he thought he was just the hottest shit after the whole Konami debacle and he got his 15 mins of E-fame.
>>
>>338363071
True but I'm also talking about a diffuse mass of people not a singular person whose entire works I could review.
>>
>>338362891
I think a black man not wanting to play as a white man in a video game is totally fine. And it goes the same for white people playing as black people. Same goes for gender. Some people want to play as themselves and I think that's fine, and if you think everyone who thinks like that is "a racist" you're fucking stupid. I personally have no problem playing characters who are different than me.
>>
>>338363201

His 15 minutes of e-fame literally happened while he was on a plane without access to internet
>>
>>338363237
So not only are you using hyperbole but you're also generalizing. That's arguably even worse.
>>
>>338362108
>>338362236
>>338362424
All I'm hearing is George being excited over the mechanic mirroring reality
Jimmy says "are we assuming that X is a cis white male?!" with obvious facetiousness
Matt talks more at length and almost approaches some race topic but decides not to

Jimmy assumes that the negative feedback is from what he calls "the ignorant side."
"It's people who... don't want to be a black guy."

George follows up, "that's why it's fascinating"
"Oh, you don't want to be a black woman? Too bad. Like it real life, you don't want to be a black woman? Too bad."
And this makes Matt and Jimmy bust a gut
Jimmy says, "just assuming that it's a person who wants to be, y'know, a white guy, or a 'just themselves,' and they like really are against the idea of being anything other than that"
He wonders if the situation would be similar with fantasy races/unrealistic skin tones
George: "If they aren't, then that means..."
Jimmy: "they're FUCKING RACISTS" (half-joking)

If anyone in this podcast is an SJW, it's Jimmy.
But I know Jimmy well enough to know that that isn't the case either.
>>
I think black men should be excluded from playing video games they can invest themselves in their local communities and help to elevate them to the same level as white commAHAHAHA
>>
>>338363384
I am silly too anon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.