[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good/worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: darkest dungeon.jpg (58 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
darkest dungeon.jpg
58 KB, 460x215
Is it good/worth playing?
>>
>>338356194
Your mom was good last night.
>>
>>338356209
It's nice to know that 5 year olds have kept their wit and humor over many generations.
>>
Buy it play for a while if you don't like it, refund. Wow that was hard wasn't it?
>>
>>338356194
What kind of Dungeon Crawlers do you prefer?
>>
I got about 20 hours before the flaws in the game started becoming too much of a hindrance
>>
>>338356529
2 hours is normally not a good enough span to determine if I enjoy a game, especially with a game like this where its a very long experiance.
>>
The voicework is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlRBzoKN4NY
>>
>>338356632
I don't play many dungeon crawlers to be honest, but I do think the quirk system sounds interesting
>>
Looks like regular bundle-filler
>>
I put about 20 hours into the early acess and haven't picked up the finished one. But a lot of new mechanics kinda burn my biskets. The fun for me was getting a unique party of fucked up dudes who reacted in interesting and funny ways, the quirks and afflictions were character development but the game seems to want me to be constantly scrubbing my dudes clean or else they die of heart attacks.
>>
>>338356194
Depends on how you view RNG. If you're alright with luck potentially fucking you over every step of the way, it's not bad. If you're adamantly opposed to single player Hearthstone, keep walking.
>>
>>338356745
It is kinda interesting, there is a LOT of micromanagement for maximizing effectiveness of quirks..
>>
First 10 hours is god-tier Atmosphere difficulty music and narration
Everything after that is JRPG or Asian MMO levels of grinding.
>>
>>338356948
Though how is the dungeon crawling aspect? I always like a good loot fest with some challenge.
>>
It's good but too grindy. Once you've played 4-6 hours you've seen all there is to see, yet the game continues for far longer.
Also, it's kind samey. You'll end up with somewhat the same characters and equipment and town if you play it again. It's not the kind of game where you go "I'll start a new game and try something new".

That said, it is a fine game. It looks brilliant and it can get tense.
>>
>>338357256
Stuff can get pretty intense, and tough expeditions where you're stretching your supplies as hard as they'll go, everyone's pushed to the limit and there's a bit more to be done are awesome.

But then you'll also spend a looooong time grinding for stuff to upgrade your hamlet and kind of going through the motions. You can put a whole shitload of thought into party compositions and loadouts as there are over a dozen classes of adventurer and each has such a diverse skillset that they can easily fill at least two roles, so when you put all those combinations together there's a lot of experimentation to be had.

I think that the bosses are a lot of BS at times though. They usually have a puzzle-type gimmick which is the trick to not getting absolutely raped by them, but then they're also just unnaturally strong as fuck and can fist you hard through pure good rolls. Better hope you built an ideal party to face them first time around if you don't want casualties.

The system of adventurers accumulating stress and quirks over time is great though. It really adds a bit of fun and depth on top of all the rest. You'll definitely get at least a decent 8 hours out of it. After that your mileage may vary.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.