[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm I the only one who felt this game is lazy and mediocre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13
File: d3.jpg (8 KB, 187x186) Image search: [Google]
d3.jpg
8 KB, 187x186
I'm I the only one who felt this game is lazy and mediocre?

>The lore is nothing more than "Hey remember this?"
>It's completely linear. Yeah, shortcuts are back but it doesn't matter when there is no reason to backtrack.
>The NPC's barely change dialog.
>The bonfire placement doesn't make any sense.
>It's surprisingly easy.
>It crashes a little too frequently.

I feel like I'm insulting a sacred cow but damn what a disappointment. Where's white-knuckle narrow platforms of Zen's Fortress? Where's the pain and reward of exploration? Where's the borderline trolling from the developers?

It feels so safe and boring
>>
I feel it too

Having no motivation to play it at the moment
>>
CO-OP worth it though?
>>
File: llolololol.jpg (442 KB, 700x1028) Image search: [Google]
llolololol.jpg
442 KB, 700x1028
>>338356060
Am thinking of buying the game to do the story in CO-OP will that be worth the 40 quid?
>>
>>338355984
>The bonfire placement doesn't make any sense
it actually does, too much even
the bonfires in DaS3 have the most obvious locations, to the point where you can guess where the next one will be
>>
File: 1453174532278.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1453174532278.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>338355984
it's my favorite souls game

but i don't care what some faggot with shitty opinions on /v/ thinks

don't make threads for blog posts, faggot
>>
File: Gode.jpg (82 KB, 488x717) Image search: [Google]
Gode.jpg
82 KB, 488x717
>>338355984
This is the only souls game that I can't be bothered with replaying. It's just so fucking boring the seccond time through. The build variety kills it the most, and the fact that it's short as shit doesn't help it either...
>>
>>338356331
but he brought up points
>>
>>338356331
It's not bad by any means I just wish they took a few more risks for a great franchise. Easy killer
>>
>>338355984
>it crashes a little too frequently

wat lad, i've just gotten to the Abyss Watchers and my game hasn't crashed once. I always play offline on my first play-through cause I'm not a summoning plen.
>>
>/v/ hypes a game
>realizes it isn't perfect
>it's glaring flaws become damning to the entire game

It's an okay game, and there are too many bonfires, the world lost some of it's connectivity from DaS1/BB, and the lore is shit (which should honestly not even be much of a problem because the lore is an afterthought compared to the atmosphere/presentation). But for those problems, there's still plenty of care put into the level design to make some efficient use of space and hide secrets and branching paths here and there, the bosses are some of the best in the series (which isn't really saying much, when comparing each of the series base game bosses, most of which function on gimmicks or "stay close so their attacks whiff and mash R1"), and the aesthetic is on point. The main problem with difficulty of say would be removing fires after most bosses and in certain areas, and reducing light weapon damage. Other than the obvious complaints, the game is solid, just nothing groundbreaking, especially inside of its own series.
>>
>>338355984
There's a bit more to the lore than you give it credit.

The world is particularly linear but the levels themselves mostly aren't. There are no levels that really offend on the same level as Dark Souls 2.

It's a bit of a bother that vendor NPCs in particular will keep their default talk options forever, like Orbeck pestering you for scrolls until you give him the last one even if he's drooling that fanboy drool whenever you hand a new one in but dialogue is pretty decent.

The bonfire placement isn't particularly stunning but it's not bad. It's pretty predictable. There's one to greet you in every area.

It's easier or harder depending on your weapon choice. The faster your weapon the easier it is (Unless the range is just absolute piss). Shields really aren't the determining factor for difficulty this time around. This is also a pretty big complaint for me I guess since I did two playthroughs and with my second playthrough I breezed through the game with just the beginning twinblades.

I havn't had it crash but I've encountered a few bugs that left a bad taste in my mouth such as falling through the world a couple of times on elevators or invisible walls just because rolled or attacked.

I feel like it is lazy and mediocre at times but it's hardly a defining trend for the game.
>>
>>338356473
The game probably would seem short since I bet you one shotted every boss by summoning phantoms to help you.
>>
>>338356604
Honestly I think they did the right thing. They made a solid sequel that fans would enjoy at the least, while also assuring they'd make enough money off of it to find their next project. Seeing as they already said the Souls continuity is done, and bloodborne was a hit, we may be getting some more fresh spinoffs or series's that use the same core gameplay in the future.
>>
I noticed this game was strange when the bosses health went down by so much each swing I did with a weapon. Killing all the bosses pre Wolnir I was thinking they don't have enough health, then I got to him and thought "Alright an actual boss!" but then he was just a gimmick fight.
>>
>>338357145
Fund* their next project
>>
>>338357168
What weapon were you using? Longswords and lighter weapons in general desperately need a damage nerf
>>
Story wise and lore wise, I have no interest in replaying ds3. I'm only in it for the PvP now, trolling ganksquads.
>>
>>338355984
This was the first Souls game I played day 1, all I can say it was a blast playing through it and talking about theories/builds/whatever with everyone. I do think Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls were better games, but Dark Souls 3 was still a blast and I consider myself privileged to play through it blind and day 1 with the rest of you guys.
>>
>>338357443
It doesn't help that the NPC quests are obtuse as fuck. I have not once been able to do Greirat's right.
>>
>>338357310
Light weapons aren't too strong, they're just easier to use. You just think they're better because you never took the time to git gud.

If two people of the same skill level played each other, the one with the heavy weapon would win 2bh.
>>
Discovery and exploration felt like it meant something in DS1 and Bloodborne. I just don't get that feel entering new areas, or seeing new abominations.
>>
I honestly don't like the way some levels reuse the same dam bonfire. For example cleansing chapel had 3 shortcuts. It feels like I'm constantly back tracking to the bonfire. Other than that I think the level design in this game is absolutely stunning.
>>
>>338357584
He's mostly talking about PVE I think.
And longswords are definitely overtuned.
You're doing comparable damage faster and with less stamina cost. And since pretty much all enemies are dumb as shit with gapclosers the range benefit some of those weapons pack isn't worth it.

In PVP hyperarmor almost balances it out since you can trade hits more effectively in brief intervals but if both players are on the same skill level and the heavy weapon isn't one of the few that's just decent the light weapon is still more likely to win.
>>
Both DaS1 and BB are linear as fuck. The first part of DaS1 is praised and it's very linear, the second half is shit on and there's a lot of linearity. People just hyped the game way too much, it's launch is miles better than DaS1s or BBs. Where Dark Souls 1 had a fuckton of balance issues, and builds in BB were straight up useless.
>>
>>338355984
I'm pretty sure it's the consensus that it feels incomplete and rushed. It's still a decent game, just a bit of a disappointment as this is their 5th attempt at making the same game.
>>
>>338355984
(You)
>>
>>338355984
I hope it really is the last one. Shit is tired. I'm fine with other games From makes being like the Souls series but it should go away now. The universe the series has is convoluted nonsense and more boring with each installment with bosses and zones less inspired each time.
>>
File: 8301720.jpg (29 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
8301720.jpg
29 KB, 500x328
>mfw I don't give a shit about "lore" and thus DS3 has little to bring me, too easy, too short, too broken

that's why I stopped buying game, don't know why I made an exception for that shit
>>
>>338357124
No, I just used a Broadsword, which is pretty much cheating, since it does more DPS than any other weapopn in the game...
>>
>DS1 > DeS > DS2 > DS3
>haven't played BB

Is this agreeable? DS3 has no fun areas, except for maybe Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
>>338358472
I like playing for the pvp, the lore is fun but not my reason for playing. Sucks that the covenants are so terrible in DS3.
>>
>>338358531
i don't like DS3 very much at all and even I think it's better than Pursuer Souls 2: Pursuers of the First Pursuer
>>
>>338357310
I think at that point I was using the Refined Claymore upgraded once or twice.
>>
>>338355984
I disagree entirely.

The lore isn't just "hey remember this?" Because the realm of the world is literally collapsing on itself, and it would be absurd to take out any element of its history. New history was made anyways so you're point is useless.

I've played through the game 10 times, and none have been similar in any because i had different goals and things to acquire for different items and builds.

NPCs don't have to change dialog, this game isn't about big conversations.

Bonfire placement barely fucking matters. Literally one sport they are too close together.

It's easy if you follow meta. Challenge yourself.

It doesn't crash for me. Not once from over 100 hours. Check your PC.

It's not a sacred cow but your points are just cynical and inaccurate.
>>
>>338357584
>>338357310
Their damage is ok, their ability to stunlock so easily is what needs to go.
>>
The entirety of the NG+ cycles consist of only artificial difficulty and act as a barrier for slightly better ring versions.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>338358713
Explain the lore for me. I thought DS1 was interesting and kinda got into it, but I didn't understand jack shit about DS2 (never bothered with all that DLC shit). What is DS3 supposed to be, exactly? Why is Anor Londo in Irithyll?
>>
File: preddy gud.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
preddy gud.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>338355984
>Where's white-knuckle narrow platforms of Zen's Fortress?
>Where's the pain and reward of exploration?
>Where's the borderline trolling from the developers?

You got good my friend.

Nothing will ever compare to your first souls game experience
>>
>finish DaS3
>try to replay it
>drop it
>go back to DaS1

The great thing is that with the connectivity fix and the steamworks servers, there's always 7000 people playing the first DaS
>>
>>338358841
Why even bother with NG+, some ass rings aren't worth it unless you want some shit covenant rewards you missed.
>>
>>338358879
I'm not going to explain the lore. There is some interpritation, there aren't scolls of history. Best you can do is read all items, which actually explains a ton. I suggest reading all items you can.
As for the placement of cities, everything is being drawn to the bonfire as the world implodes. At the last area you can literally see all the cities smashed together. It's weird.
>>
File: disapproval.png (387 KB, 636x553) Image search: [Google]
disapproval.png
387 KB, 636x553
I don't know how many people will agree with me on this, but I must say that having the ability to warp from the start is the stupidest fucking thing.

Climbing down to the bottom of Blighttown was one thing, but realizing that you had to climb all the way back out of it was another. When you can always warp back to safety, nothing has that weight. When you constantly have to warp back to a hub location to level up, you don't feel like you're making your own way through the world.

Not only that, but it allows the world design to slip considerably. You could take a screenshot of any area in DS1 and point at a passageway, and I could tell you exactly where it lead, even after I only played the game once. With DS3, I had to look up where to go on my SECOND playthrough because I had completely forgotten where an unexplored path was. So many areas are forgettable because you get through them once and never have a reason to return.

DS1's level design is beautiful and none of its sequels have captured that magic. Warping anywhere from the start is a crutch that worsens level design considerably.
>>
>>338359072
Yes, the lack of teleport does feel more immersive, but it gets rediculously tedious for anyone who has done it more than a couple times. It eventually reaches a point where you're just running through a memorized place again and again. You're basically just a displacement in game and real life until you get to where you want to be.
>>
>>338359072
I agree 100%
>>
As someone who ignored the lore since the first game I liked what I read about III.

The course of events seems very unpredictable like a real history, and I was surprised to learn that some mid-game boss (Pontiff) was such a big player.
>>
File: 1460544936993.jpg (66 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1460544936993.jpg
66 KB, 600x503
>>338355984
they way overdid shortcuts.

>dark souls 1
>die to 4 kings
>have to haul ass through a dozen ghosts, darkwraiths, that huge black thing in the building to get another chance

>dark souls 3
>die to dragonslayer armor
>dude just walk through this room with two enemies who don't even aggro you and then take this elevator lmao
>>
A day/night cycle would really help DS3. There are so many open areas that the torch is basically pointless.
>>
>>338358505
why did you do that? do you want to ruin the game for yourself? it seems to me like you never wanted to enjoy it in the first place
>>
>>338357743
That's a really stupid complaint.
>>
>>338355984
Fuck off you retards this game is a fucking 10/10 and it's a fucking sequel you fucking mouthbreather have you never played a sequel you fucking retard ? Go suck some youtubes cock and stop posting on /v/ for at least 2 years fucking faggot.

Reported & Saged.
>>
>>338355984
Linear as hell, pathetic selection of covenants, formulaic level design (more mimics than normal chests, at least half the enemy encounters are ambushes especially the fucking generic ass "group of enemies crawling over the wall" ambush), pvp game mechanics are literally just a dumbed down version of Dark Souls 1 since they removed a lot of the exploits like dead angle, reverse roll, toggle escape, increased parry window, etc. while also removing the build and covenant diversity of Dark Souls 2, Yhorm and the Profaned Capital in general fulfilling the classic Fromsoft staple of having an unfinished feeling disappointing lategame area.

Maybe it's just all those "apologize to Dark Souls 2" threads, but after really hating the game upon release I'm starting to respect it for trying new things and innovating. The "B team" can have the series back as far as I'm concerned, Miyazaki has clearly fallen in love with his own legend and is only interested in pandering to the fanbase with callbacks and memeshit.
>>
>>338358881
>removed cutting tails from bosses
>removed penalty from dying (curse, losing max life)
>made embers overabundant
>low amount of weapons, lower amount of movesets

game is half assed
>>
File: 1456023153085.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456023153085.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>338355984
And where is the part where you say "BB is obviously superior"? Because the whole "It feels so safe and boring" expression has been used by so many BB shitters now that your post feel like a pasta at this point.

It never crashed for me, yes the bonfire placement is bit strange, yes it is a bit linear, no the lore is not just a throwback and no, it is not surprisingly easy it only depends on your build (the straight swords are scrub weapons right now).

Now get lost. Cathedrale of the deep is the best area From designed since Tower of Latria. Watching Lothric, Pontiff, Abyss watchers, Dancer, Gundyr, keep giving me chills and the music was not better instrumentally wise than BB, but the composition was way better.
>>
File: Arguments on V.png (20 KB, 211x571) Image search: [Google]
Arguments on V.png
20 KB, 211x571
>>338356887
I started a new game last week and the game crashed 2 or 3 times in 40 minutes. Offline too since it wouldn't connect for whatever reason.
>>
>>338357687
Excepting BB rewards quite badly exploration considering how low is the amount of equipment/weapons. You'll mostly find consumables and a few key item, but most of the time exploring gives you nothing when you're not on the path to a different area.
>>
>>338360586
>Cathedrale of the deep is the best area From designed since Tower of Latria

How?
>>
>>338359334
I'm at least relatively certain that you can just roll down a place to get pretty close to the four kings fight.
You don't have to fight the big black blobs more than once since they don't respawn.
It's been a while since I played it so I think the route I most commonly took only had 3 ghosts and maybe 4 Darkwraiths that could be easily aggroed one by one but it all kinds of blends together with farming for titanite chunks and slabs so I can't really remember.

The only infuriating part I remember is that the NPC helper you can summon if you want to get her armor will just aggro on a single ghost just above the ceiling of the bossroom and then you need to do multiple things if you want to take her to the now HP buffed bossfight:
1. Pop a transient curse
2. Kill the ghost with ranged weapons
3. Wait several minutes for the buff to wear off if you want a different one since in DaS1 you can't put on a different buff if you already had one active
4. Jump down to 4kings in your armor of choice and murder them with ease or difficulty depending on just how often they want to use magic attacks that force you to dodge vs sword attacks that do no damage

>>338359956
I actually wasted so much time on Oceiros trying to cut his damn tail because I thought it would be back in a game because of the enemies in the dungeon with tailbone weapons.
The penalty for dying wasn't that bad in DaS1 aside from fucking up and dying to curse.
There are a lot of embers now I kind of agree.
The movesets are pretty bad in terms of their variation sometimes they could totally be better, especially the whips and scythes are a letdown.
>>
>>338359956
Too many embers? You kidding? I always end up with over 50 humanity or effigies in the other games by the time I'm halfway through.
Unless you think it's a problem there too, in which case I can see your point.
>>
>>338359334
Is that a bad thing? Nobody actually bothers with enemies in these games so it's just an unnecessary waste of time.
>>
>>338361051
>Begins at the feet of a big ass cathedrale.
>Go through the garden to reach the doors of it
>Doors are closed so you get around it.
>When you enter in it, you're in the 1st floor
>Path leads you underground.
>You find a lift underground that leads to the Roof
>Gotta climb a bit to get in the roof
>Once you're on the ceiling, you have to jump to get to Rosaria's covenant.
>You open a path to some big doors.
>They are the doors that you couldn't open at the start.
That's a masterpiece of level design. It is coherent, you get to the roof by exploring the foundations of the Cathedrale, there's only one bonfire which is central, and yet you never know when you're going back to it.

I wish I could find a level design this good in other games.
>>
>>338361115
you're absolutely right. i was wrong and forgot how the level went. i still think the runs back to bosses in the first game were longer and had a better feeling than the utterly placid walks in 3 where you hardly meet an enemy or have to hike at all.
>>
>>338361115
Also the fastest way to get back to the 4 kings only needed you to slalom between the blue drakes, take the elevator to the seal, jump from the rempart, and you landed directly in front of the fog door.
>>
>>338361503
Play pretty much any of the big first person shooters, Quake in particular. Or hell even older RPGs like Severance BoD. Souls level design is really nothing special in comparison. Even its best element which is effective use of the space it has is nothing special.
>>
>>338355984
>>The bonfire placement doesn't make any sense.
Why is this brought up so much?

You get 1 at the start of a level, 1 after a boss, and occasionally 1 in the middle of longer levels where shortcuts aren't available.
>>
>>338355984

I can't fucking take people that keep repeating this shit. A sequel to a game with the same title makes references to old events, people and locations, who would have fucking thought.
>>
>>338362184
Good expansion upon existing lore in the sequel is Archdragon Peak and the fate of Gwyndolin and Anor Londo.

"Hey remember this" is "lol look it's Andre again why's he here, lol look it's Siegmeyer again except he has a different name, lol look it's a revamped Maiden in Black"
>>
>>338361853
It depends on the level.
On some if not most occasions you barely met any enemies in DaS1 either that couldn't just be brushed off but the path you had to take was long and potentially tedious with particularly grievous offenders being elevators with lengthy waits or ladders.
Just comparing Aldrich to O&S kind of sums it up to me since it's the exact same trek minus one stupid elevator.
I feel like maybe you're remembering Dark Souls 1 in an overly fond way here.

There definitely is always a relatively short way to rush to the bossfight in Dark Souls 3 though I won't deny that.
Be it a convenient bonfire, sluggish enemies or a shortcut.
>>
I don't think I'm burnt out on the style of these games because Bloodborne is probably in my top 5 games ever, but I agree this game was super fucking underwhelming. Like, my first playthrough of Dark Souls 2 was more fun than my first playthrough of Dark Souls 3. I felt so empty whenever I encountered the next easy as shit boss, or whenever I discovered a new level in the game's linear as shit world. The exploration and difficulty were just not there at all for me. I killed almost every boss in one try except for the Demon King and Soul of Cinder I think. I heard the optional bosses are harder but I haven't gotten through to playing the optional areas yet because my second playthrough has been a drag. I think I'm gonna shelve the game for now and wait for all the DLC to release and try to go in on a clean slate and just enjoy the game for what it is, but it definitely doesn't feel like Dark Souls.
>>
>>338362081
I played my share of FPS, RPGs, Dungeon crawlers. And there's a difference between convoluted and nonsensical. Daggerfall dungeon layouts were nonsensical because of the procedural generation. Here you have a structure which makes sense and that is convoluted enough so you can't get straight to the end of the "dungeons".

The thing which is pure sex for me is how the level is not thought with the floors individually, but thought as a block. Sadly most dungeon crawlers are designed as layers.
>>
>>338362945
Doesn't sound like it if you think Souls level design is anything particularly noteworthy. Post-Doom FPS used more realistic structures while also focusing on good flow and complex navigation. So did less abstract dungeon crawlers like Severance BoD. Every other level there is on par or better than Souls levels when it comes to the layout and how it's connected, and there's far more levels in the game.
>>
>>338363785
I'm trying to find maps for Severance, but I don't find any. I have the game on GoG, but i still haven't launched it.
But I'm actually curious about the "Post-Doom FPS". Like I said, I played a good bunch of FPS and I can't remember on that had a level design that sticked to my brain. Haven't played the System Shock 1 and 2 yet, but the maps seemed more convoluted than coherent.
>>
File: duke_nukem_map.jpg (304 KB, 1280x1142) Image search: [Google]
duke_nukem_map.jpg
304 KB, 1280x1142
>>338364129
Duke, Blood and to an extent Shadow Warrior even though it severely lacked flow. Quake also has some really great maps when it comes to how they interconnect and loop back around but it's more abstract than the rest. Pic related, second level of Duke 3D
>>
>>338355984
>The NPC's barely change dialog.

This is the biggest offender to me personally. I don't mind linearity or lack of difficulty, as I can just gimp myself in order to make it harder and linearity isn't that big of a deal in my opinion.

But hooo boy, the NPCs in this game were downright _terrible_.
>>
>>338364753
I actually got pissed at this and killed all of the NPC's I didn't think I would need, especially that fucker still telling me to put out some fires 20 hours later.
>>
>>338355984
>>The lore is nothing more than "Hey remember this?"
i dont mind that by itself, but it doesnt add any new or interesting twists or info. none of the myriad old characters referenced in DaS3 have any bearing whatsoever on current events
>>It's completely linear. Yeah, shortcuts are back but it doesn't matter when there is no reason to backtrack.
cant argue with that, theres like 2 branching paths in the game but you have to do everything except smouldering lake and untended graves eventually
>>The NPC's barely change dialog.
most of it is shit that isnt worth hearing anyway
>>The bonfire placement doesn't make any sense.
this is particularly notable at knights barracks->dragonslayer armor->grand archives. theres 3 bonfires within a minutes walk to each other
>>It's surprisingly easy.
yep. straight sword and shield makes PvE trivial.
>>It crashes a little too frequently.
never happened once in 110 hours for me to be honest. performance and stability have been 100% for me

its still a great game, like all them games, but it makes DaS2 look better in retrospect
>>
>>338364627
It's funny how it doesn't click for me just because it is a FPS. I guess, coherent structures is something I expect more from a game in which I'm going to shoot people, which means I expect a familiar environment which makes sense.
In a RPG, a level design that goes beyond a floor structure "floor 1 -> Floor 2 -> Floor 3" is something less ordinary. I'll finally boot up Severance to see what you mean.
>>
>>338358713
>Works on my machine ;)

This is not a valid response to a well documente problem, you from dickrider
>>
>>338355984
>the lore is nothing more than "hey remember this"
so yhorm, aldrich, pontiff sulayvahn, abyss watchers, ludleth, lothric/lorian all don't exist

>it's completely linear

you have several diversion points, it's not as multi choice based as previous games, but on the plus side, it doesn't drop off anywhere near as hard

after getting to high wall you can go from dancer - lothric castle/garden/untended graves which also allows you to get the dragon gesture, from irithyll you can either go to yhorm or aldrich or archdragon peak.

It's not exactly high up there with dark souls, but in bloodborne and dark souls 2, you were effectively required to defeat mergo's wet nurse and giant lord as penultimate bosses.

>the npc's barely change dialogue

completely ridiculous, some of the npc's in this game have really interesting and branching questlines:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hawkwood

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Siegward+of+Catarina

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Leonhard

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Anri+of+Astora

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Fire+Keeper

>the bonfire placement doesn't make any sense

I'll agree with you on a couple, the first in undead settlement the one in grand archives/dragonslayer armour, but overall, this wasn't too much of an issue for me.

>it's surprisingly easy

It's far harder than dark souls 1, 2 and demons souls.

Go back and play them and see how fucking mechanically simple and telegraphed everything is, and you will genuinely be shocked.

Bloodborne is around about the same difficulty, old hunters being harder, but the heavy i frame spam and quick healing, along with the ridiculous overpowered parries made the game feel a lot easier.
>>
>>338366402
I'll add some more point on the lore and how it updates the dark souls world, because as with every single dark souls game, it seems that people are far too dismissive until some youtuber glazes it out for them to understand

>nature of the ashen one after the flame have been lit
>lothric/lorian line lineage including oceiros, the relationship of the line to the dragonslayers, including the owner of the armour, ornstein and this relation to the drakeblood knights and nameless king
>the relationship of pontiff to the rest of lothric, his ascension using the abyss/fire based profane flame, his overtaking of irithyll/anor londo under the guise of one who uses moon magic, his role in transforming the beasts, sending outrider knights to lothric, transforming the dancer and vordt
>rosaria's implied relationship to gwynevere, the cathedral of the deep's worship of rosaria, and aldrich being a saint of the deep
>the deep being described as a sea, and the human dregs being "the heaviest item in the human body", boy I wonder what the deep sea might be made out of?
>londor, yuria, and the such being related to hexes from dark souls 2, and having the darkrift.
>londor itself, an abyssal place under kaathe, sending out pilgrims of londor, who eventually transform into the fiery pilgrim butteflies, pontiff sulayvahn transforming mid fight as well
>boy I wonder what this means about the profane flame, a vessel that contains dark and light.
>>
>>338355984
OP confirmed for not having played beyond ~3-4 hours
>>
>>338361050
There's more variety of weapons in BB than the 50% greatswords/straight swords shit in DS
>>
>>338366980
>these are the only weapons I use
>therefore they are the only weapons that exist!
>>
>>338367069
Not the point. My point is that there are more varied weapon movesets in BB than DS

It's not the quantity but the quality anon. I'd rather have less weapons but with better movesets instead of 500 different greatswords with the same boring moveset
>>
File: 1452761257990.png (326 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452761257990.png
326 KB, 500x500
>>338367234
fucking this, anyone who is retarded enough to say that any souls game has "more build variety" or "more depth" than BB should be shot publicly

ludwigs holy blade alone has probably as many moves as 3 or 4 entire weapon classes from dks3 combined
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.