[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Following the metagame Its like you're trying not to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 42
File: 1463661526234.jpg (61 KB, 603x542) Image search: [Google]
1463661526234.jpg
61 KB, 603x542
>Following the metagame

Its like you're trying not to have fun
>>
File: 1462223797800.png (976 KB, 876x876) Image search: [Google]
1462223797800.png
976 KB, 876x876
I thought winning was the fun part.
Every game has a meta nowadays, follow it or risk getting called a fucking casual.
>>
>>338354575
if your playing league of legends going against the metagame is ban able.
>>
File: 1460844425908.jpg (13 KB, 272x296) Image search: [Google]
1460844425908.jpg
13 KB, 272x296
>>338354575
I create the metagame.
>>
>>338354575
>Don't follow the meta
>Get kicked
>Later get banned for complaints about the meta
>When asked for an explanation they state that not following the meta gives you an unfair advantage as the other players dont know how to respond to you
>>
>>338354575
If youre playing anything other than ranked, it's fine.
The thing I hate is when people really fucking love playing a certain champion because they're strong during a period of powercreeping or missed nerfs/buffs for others.
There will always be low skill cap ways to play, do what makes you have fun. I used to get mad losing to retarded hard counters but eventually I either worked around them or got good to the point where I can beat hard counters in games like LoL or dota.
Don't let the meta dedictate your enjoyment of the game so much, otherwise, why play that mode/game in the first place?
>>
Don't follow the meta, advance it
>>
>>338355349
>>338355154
kek what the fuck?

I don't play MOBAs, but is this real?
>>
File: 1461779042722.jpg (44 KB, 640x375) Image search: [Google]
1461779042722.jpg
44 KB, 640x375
>ignore the meta because it's boring
>try something new that actually works
>get kicked because everyone is terrified of something new
>>
>>338355592
Some games have already had years to develop the meta and others are just so shallow or poorly balanced the devs 100% dictate the meta.
>>
>>338355631
Yup there were mass bannings in LoL for that exact reason. If you played competitive you HAD to play the meta. If you did not you were banned. They only recently recanted as youtube personality and esport teams started playing gimmick builds and casuals wanted to imitate them.
>>
>>338355841
Goddamn why do people play this piece of crap? I'm so used to playing current fighting games and shooters where the meta can fluctuate or tech/strats can be figured out to lessen the tiers.

I'm shocked a company wouldn't want players playing everything the game has to offer, but I think I'm even more disgusted that they would enforce a meta they created and punish anyone who didn't follow it. Did they make the game so shallow it's impossible to use different teams and strats or are they so full of themselves they're afraid of being absolutely wrong?
>>
>>338355678
>try something new while everyone else is circlejerking over X
>it becomes the new meta
>can't play Y anymore because every fag uses it
>>
File: 1442456255591.png (81 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1442456255591.png
81 KB, 225x225
>tfw you write a bunch of tech and basic info on a character in a forum
>one of the forum posters does really good
>suddenly everyone hates the character you put so much time and dedication into

Feels good
>>
>>338356207
The problem came from the fact casuals didn't want to think. They wanted to look at a character and say "That guy will do X Y and Z and nothing else." That's all they wanted to learn. So when actual good players came around that turned X, Y, and Z into A, B, and C they freaked out. Since they did the work and "learned the meta" it couldn't have been their fault they lost. It had to be the "greifer" that wasn't following the meta.

Riot just went with the kicks and ban requests and said "sure now all competitive matches must follow the meta" and enforced it.
>>
>>338356735
Why even make new characters, or have any other characters at all

Just cut the fat down to X Y Z if playing the rest of the alphabet is discouraged and outright bannable
>>
>>338354575
taking the game too seriously makes it no fun for anyone who isn't a loser that dedicates way too much time to learning about it and becoming the best at it. competitive gamers are cancer. there's no way around it.
>>
>>338356836
Because new characters made them money. The esports teams made the meta so it would change. Basically everything that was at the last tournament was the new meta. If they way you played didn't show up it was now out of meta and banable.

Thats the other reason Riot enforced the bans was because it made players HAVE to watch their shitty esport teams play.
>>
>>338356735
Riot is dumb as fuck.

Does Valve and Blizzard do this shit as well for their MOBAs?
>>
>>338357048
No only Riot has done it so far. The others require proof that you were intentionally trying to fuck over your team by not following the meta.
>>
>>338354575
some games require you to play meta in order to win against people who are decent at the game

example like coh 2, if you arent running the meta commanders or doing meta build orders your guarenteed to lose against high level players
>>
What the fuck is "the meta".

The way I saw it was meta was what came along with the gameplay, but not part of it. For instance, in a game like counter strike, people might go to A site, and the bomb goes to B instead for a sneak plant. The more you play the more you might realise this is what happens and you adjust strategies to deal with it, but not playstyle. What am I missing?
>>
>>338357149
>crystal maiden jungle would be considered open and shut case of feeding/meta breaking
>its a really good play in the right hands on DoTA 2

Speed demon bambi is equally as scary
>>
>>338357209
"The meta" is basically the"most effective" way of doing a thing. Its whatever players have found to be what they believe is the best way to play with the greatest success rate.

What you think is correct but nowadays it has evolved to mean "the correct" way to play by casuals. They look at who they believe are the best players and copy them. Since they are the "best" players whatever they do must be correct.

Its basically now used as a system for casuals to keep everyone else at their level so they dont have to think or try.
>>
>>338355631
>but is this real?

No. Someone once got warned for feeding over and over in several ranked games of LoL, but they screen capped it and the memelords of /v/ transformed it into 'HE GOT BANNED FOR PLAYING AGAINST THE META!!!!'
>>
>>338357745
Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
>>338357209
You ever play an MMO?

Seen a whole bunch of guides on how to make a character? Realise everyone is following the same 2 or 3 guides? People get mad if you "aren't optimised" like it says in those guides? That's basically meta. It means following an unofficial rulebook about what to do and how to play.

It's like how there's always a thread these days about people not playing Dark Souls 3 "the right way". Strength vs Dexterity builds. If you're being "honorable" by following a list of made up rules like "don't try to heal yourself" and "bow before fighting"

It's like that one kid who kept making up rules for games you play and gets angry if no one listens.
>>
>>338356836
Obviously because if they add a new character who is meta-viable or OP then everyone will be forced to buy them to keep up.
>>
>>338355027
Winning is only one way to have fun. If someone bitches at me for being a casual I ask why they queued for casual games instead of competitive.

Being confronted with their inability to compete with the same kind of competitive players they want to be usually makes them angry.
>>
>>338357535
>crystal maiden jungle would be considered open and shut case of feeding/meta breaking

dont the pros do this? same as tidehunter. so you could farm your blink before mid game
>>
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 1029x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 1029x801
>White Turks
>>
>>338354575
>Forming a metagame.
Its like you literally wish to not follow the rules already in place.
>>
>>338358037
>>338357556
This makes me angry, I didn't realise people were this autistic
>>
>>338357535
>>338358179

Crystal Maiden jungle is incredibly common, I used to do it all the time. Her and Venomancer where my go to supports because of their jungling potential back in the 6.7x days.

The best thing about it was if you needed to go back to lane, neither of them are particularly level starved heroes, so you had complete flexibility between jungling, laning and roaming and could swap fluidly at any time.
>>
>>338358351
Welcome to modern gaming anon! We aren't ever going back!
>>
File: top gun.gif (3 MB, 319x239) Image search: [Google]
top gun.gif
3 MB, 319x239
>tfw you create builds to counter the meta
Been doing this since Gw1 and shit feels good son.
>>
I wonder what the "banned for not following the meta" rates are for newer players? I wouldn't expect them to know the meta if it's their first day, for example.
>>
File: WWW.YIFY-TORRENTS.COM.jpg (128 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
WWW.YIFY-TORRENTS.COM.jpg
128 KB, 350x500
>>338358530
You're just creating a new meta, or contributing a counter to the existing meta.
>>
>>338358513
>modern
More like anything competitive and customizable. Meta has been around at least as long as the Internet
>>
Anyone got any stories to share? I feel like there must be some great tales of ass fuckery about this.
>>
File: meta.png (15 KB, 978x497) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
15 KB, 978x497
>>338354575
Let's assume that the only way to reliably counter a skilled player with a meta build, is by using a meta build yourself (In a 1v1 situation).

The only way to guarantee fun is to use a meta build.

You will always lose (in a not fun way) to good players using meta builds, unless you use meta builds yourself.

This perpetuates the meta even more until everybody is using the same cookie cutter builds.

Basically, fuck PVP in any context.
If you want fun just stick to co-op and PVE.
>>
>>338358530
>anti-meta builds
You faggots are just as meta as the "meta" you're trying to counter you retards.
>>
>>338358351
it's pretty bad. autism is strong in modern gaming.
>>
>mtg
>the meta is real. Followed so hard be pros and try hard alike
>wait for it to solidify, almost stagnate
>waltz in with a deck so our of the meta it wrecks other decks because they are built sowly to counter other meta decks
>the anal induced rage is palpable

As for the meta in anything in general: a good player can do well regardless of what they play (mtg just happends to be a game about mitigating error). If you are good, you will do well. Following the meta without knowing why it's the meta, and just because you want to see the win button, is the sign of a shitter.
>>
>>338355592
>Try to advance the meta in a game like league with dumb theorycrafting and coordinating with a friend
>Everyone will try to fuck with you on purpose and will report you if their fuckery ends up losing the match
>Eventually everyone plays a more cancerous version of what you were playing for fun because muh eSports celebs played it
>It gets nerfed into the ground even though it definitely has counters

I don't even want to get back into league now. It's firmly pushed me out and I don't want to come back because everything I played for fun is so different and everything else is so firmly pidgeonholed into a meta now.
I'd have to relearn everything and find some new versatile favorites and I'm really just not willing to invest that time again.

>>338355631
I never got banned or warned for doing what I elaborated on doing and I got some really butthurt players on both teams reporting me sometimes.
Either I got lucky since I played quite a bit of ranked like that or it just doesn't happen quite as often as most people claim.
>>
>>338359082
>tfw I cam back into MTG after ten years and annihilated FNM with my homebrew $100 deck.
>>
File: the creature never seen.png (27 KB, 595x298) Image search: [Google]
the creature never seen.png
27 KB, 595x298
>go as far away from the metagame as possible
>the thing you do actually turns out to be stealth overpowered and no one knew before you proved it
>now the thing you've put so much time into has become the new meta

Has happened to me twice and made me quit both games
>>
>>338354575
but winning is fun
>>
>>338354575
I usually try to master the game or system then proceed to maximize the efficiency of gimmick builds i like. Going full on meta is boring and predictable but i also like not being a liability in whatever game i play
>>
>that guy who goes to a tournament where money is on the line and complains that other people are playing to win
>that guy who picks shit characters and then blames other people for not having fun when he loses
>>
>>338359350
this
>>
File: 1441319453410.png (184 KB, 316x312) Image search: [Google]
1441319453410.png
184 KB, 316x312
>>338354575
>Follow metagame
>Get bored quickly
>Try a new thing
>Try something totally different and unexpected
>Have fun
>Said new thing gains popularity over the weeks
>For the first time on 1-2~ years developers nerf what I started doing
>Then get suspended for a week for not "following the meta" because "my opponents don't know how to counter me"
glad I dropped that shit years ago but i wanna go back only for a little
>>
File: pepe35.jpg (15 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
pepe35.jpg
15 KB, 199x199
>>338357556
>>338358351
>>338358513
>playing Nostalrius
>no guild wanted to take me because I was an Orc hunter instead of a Troll
>just sold my account for $200 and let some other faggot deal with that autistic and dying community
>mfw the servers got shut down
>>
>>338358351
>thinks it only applies to video games
"Meta plays" is just a new age word for "working smart, not hard"

Every system that revolves around multiple people doing the same task will develop one
>>
>>338359469
>that guy who makes a strawman post in /v/
I stick to casual servers unless I'm actually competing. If some assblasted faggot queues for casual and then starts complaining that everybody in the casual server is casual I'm going to tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>338359502
This happened to my friend who played Urgot.
It didn't get popular though and it still got nerfed.
>>
This is why casuals have the most fun with games. They don't know what the fuck the meta is, they don't have that nagging feeling of being unoptimised or inefficient. They just go "Oh, this looks fun" and try to do that thing.

I mean, you could speed run any game by playing it optimally but you're not going to have as much fun as the 12 year old that's just fucking around and doing whatever.
>>
>>338359591
Maybe you should have written it in the OP which currently implies that following the meta is always negative
>>
>>338359502
literally me with the Hieratic deck in YGO.
I played an FTK/OTK build with the rank 10 Xyz while everyone was shouting "gimmick deck", and some days after everyone is playing the same deck leading to nerfs
>>
>>338359621
pre-zilean rework was like that too
>get high mana regen and spell damage
>just spam the fuck out of rewind and drop bombs like im muhammod
>no lane is safe against me, no one can even catch me
>revive is always up for team fight
>gets considered "toxic" because everyone else starts doing it to the point that any lane with zilean because unplayable
>massive rework nerf
It got me to high gold/diamond, everyone demanded i do support, i told them to fuck off, and handed them wins

this was before tribunal became the blind, fun smashing machine it is today
>>
File: 1452321617212.jpg (107 KB, 1040x1055) Image search: [Google]
1452321617212.jpg
107 KB, 1040x1055
>>338359695
>they don't have that nagging feeling of being unoptimised or inefficient

This is the worst.

>regretting a stat or skill point allocation
>>
What's hilarious is the autists that literally can't handle people not using the meta even if what they're doing is working out for them

>playing CSGO comp match using nothing but the deagle
>I'm carrying the shit out of the team
>get votekicked for not trying with real guns
>they ended up losing every round after that
>>
File: 1463194555274.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1463194555274.png
293 KB, 633x758
>>338354575
I am literally incapable of having fun losing.
How the fuck do you do it?
>>
>>338359763
>People disagreeing with me is just OP samefagging
You know what? Whatever, I don't have time to argue with shitposters.
>>
>autists getting mad at autists

If you want to be a special snowflake go ahead. If you want to play the numbers and maximize your potential then go ahead. You're a retarded autist either way.
>>
File: 1453278984571.jpg (115 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1453278984571.jpg
115 KB, 500x378
>>338354575

>Decide to not follow the meta
>Team mates getting pissy when they see i'm doing my own thing
>respond with extremely positive broken english all game
>Team quiets down
>Team suddenly compelled to follow my gung ho orders with the act i'm putting on
>We win
>Be praised and commended

Defusing negative attitudes works wonders.
>>
File: League-Of-Legends-Logo-4.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
League-Of-Legends-Logo-4.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1280
>>338358351
>I didn't realise people were this autistic

Welcome to gaming anon, In League Of Legends your team players will report you if you dont follow the meta or dont pick a hero that is in the current meta.

Not to mention if you do this often you will get suspended for it for a few days
>>
>>338359916
This is the feeling that leads to meta. Take a game like Maple Story. It's super grindy as fuck, so when you level up you want to be sure you're investing your stats in the right place.

So you ask around and look up guides and end up following the meta. It's the safe option, everyone is doing it so you can't be wrong. If someone does something else, they must be an idiot because if they aren't then you are.

You don't want to be unoptimised.
You have to follow the meta.
>>
>>338360241
No you won't.
>>
>>338360241
Not to mention if you don't say GG at the end of a match. In fact, I only found out that was a thing after people got mad at me for not saying it. And then I was reported anyway because I was doing it in team chat and not global, so as far as the other team was concerned I never said GG.
>>
>>338359898
>tribunal became blind
this is so true,they don't even read the reports, a certain number auto triggers it.
>>
>>338360010

Don't view it in terms of the result at all. The point is that you did what you could, and it's a matter of course rather you won or lost - a function of factors outside your control. What you could control, you put in your favor.

And once you put enough things in your favor, through training, the result will change.
>>
>>338360241
They can report you,but it doesn't matter
>>
A lot of you seem to be complaining about "I was doing this one thing that got me good results and when everyone else abused it the rules were changed"

No offense but like... it sounds like the game was unbalanced and you just exploited it. It doesn't make you clever for using it and it's not wrong for the devs to fix it either.
>>
>>338360010
In street fighter, if I didn't get double P'd I can still have fun while losing.
However in dota 2 it's impossible to have fun if you're losing because you're literally waiting 30 minutes only dying because the enemy team is just better than yours
>>
File: Dotka a best.jpg (162 KB, 709x878) Image search: [Google]
Dotka a best.jpg
162 KB, 709x878
>>338357048
Valve doesnt enforce the Meta, for example in Dota 2 you can play a hero with any build you like and most if not all the time your team will be fine with it. In LoL on the other hand, if you even dare to make a pick that its so different than their shitty meta then you gonna get spammed in the chat and probably reported.
>>
>>338355154
not true, but people will still report you for it

I play against the meta all the time in league, I've been reported before and never had so much as a warning or anything.

I don't know why people on league are so obsessed with the meta though, maybe using faceroll champs to make up for their own lack of skill or ability to perform in match ups that don't instantly favor their champion.

Playing said faceroll champs is beyond boring though and I refuse to do it, I woulda quit long ago if getting banned for non meta picks was actually the case
>>
>>338360782
So what's the difference? Is the dev really enforcing the meta? Is it the playerbase that's different?

I assume Dota isn't too popular since it's the hardest to learn to play out of all the MOBAs. That being said, HotS is the easiest one I know and it doesn't have LoL's problems either as far as I'm aware.

So what's up with LoL? Why is it so terrible? What attracts terrible people to it's terrible playerbase?

Is it really just anime tits?
>>
I like following the meta because that's what leads to the mind games. It's what makes sf so fun to watch because you see people get beaten so badly that they get psyched out and the winner ends up being able to pull of crazy shit on the loser, It's how Daigo can do that "UmeShoryu" on people.
>>
>>338360904
LoL is a normie game full of casuals.
>>
File: maxreps.gif (459 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
maxreps.gif
459 KB, 864x576
>>338360782
>that international with chen+pudge fountain hooks
>Tong fu got so unbelievably salty that they were losing to meme's they threatened gaben

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5I-5eo_vDM

the entire tourney would have been started over if it was LoL, thankfully DoTA 2 knows how to have fun
>>
>>338359339
me and virulence in GW
>>
File: 547457779d05b.png (498 KB, 650x432) Image search: [Google]
547457779d05b.png
498 KB, 650x432
>>338360904
First of all, is not that Dota is not popular, its just that is not that heavily advertised/promoted as LoL. And as for LoL's playerbase, sadly here in my country its a bit popular but most of the people who play it are either 15 year olds or a bunch of Chads and Stacyes trying to fit in with the gaming side of things, i've ask many of them why they like such a shit game, most of them said that the matches take small amount of time and that its also easier than Dota, but the fun part is that when i told them that Dota takes more skill they actually started acting like apes and trashing Dota because of a couple of hero abilities that seems too powerful for them. You cant find reason with actual LoL players, they are stuck-up immature and too blind by Riot's shit in their faces and will only realise all this when their game will die in a few years.
>>
>>338361094
Wait how do you hook someone from the fountain? I assume you have to teleport there while still hooking someone?
>>
>>338360010
Loosen up a little. Sometimes, matches can be fun despite you losing. Don't always focus on the outcome of a game
>>
>>338361270
used to be that a hook was registered to where pudge is, so Chen would make pudge go back to base with his spell, but at the last second, pudge hook would pull the opponent all the way back to base with him. Now pudge hooks are registered based on where the hook was cast at

Very high risk/high reward, as you essentially become 4v4 if it works, or 4v5 if it doesnt
>>
>>338361342
Doesn't recall get cancelled if you do any other action though?
>>
>>338361476
no, gets cancelled if you take damage
>>
>>338354575
This is why I stopped playing DS3. Everyone abuses the cheesy and broken weapon types for free wins. The developer doesn't listen to the playerbase and neglects that half of the armor sets are useless and a third of builds aren't competitive.

The pve was enjoyable as was the initial blind pvp but now that the meta has developed it's garbage.
>>
>>338361590

This is a trend that happens to poorly balanced games, when people figure out the broken shit they will latch on to it like hyenas and any semblance of fair play is thrown out the window.

Devs can do damage control, but for the most part a lot of video games simply have no direction going to them, incidentally there hasn't been a lot of games with good "meta" elements to them in a long while. Guild Wars was some very scary exception to the rule, that game had amazing PvP build variety.
>>
File: 1407641869267.jpg (44 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
1407641869267.jpg
44 KB, 460x645
>OSRS PKing
>Everyone 30-50 is an obby mauler
>Everyone 50-70 has a granite maul that can 1 hit you
>Everyone 75+ has an AGS
And literally everyone uses a magic shortbow to combo into instant hits with said X weapon.

I just wanted to create an OG 60 attack dragon scimitar pure. I just wanted to have fun.
>>
>>338356735
S o riot banned for not following the meta?Thats a lie
>>
>>338355027
>follow it or risk getting called a fucking casual.
Oh no, whatever will I do? I'm not sure my fragile ego can handle being called a "casual", oh woe is me...
>>
>>338358162
In the Rocket League free weekend I played a lot of casual matches. I was laughing my ass off while losing 7-0 and there were tryhards with "master" on their nameplate raging. It's only a casual game, why u heff to b mad?
>>
>>338362164
Which was my point
>>
>>338361802
And /v/ are the worst offenders of latching on to cheese builds. Everyone else agrees the game is going nowhere. Fromsoft is a Japanese company that literally doesn't care about any customer that isn't Japanese even though the real profit comes from the west.

When I played GW2 it was all about flavor of the month builds. Every patch you would have a chunk of your class switch to the new best weapon type. At least in WvW it didn't matter because strength came down to logistics and strategy.
>>
>>338355027
Only casuals follow the meta because it's the easiest way to win
>>
>>338354575
what is the video version of this
I saw it and cracked the fuck up but never found it again
>>
File: reminder.jpg (232 KB, 1282x770) Image search: [Google]
reminder.jpg
232 KB, 1282x770
No fun allowed
>>
File: 0.png (74 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
0.png
74 KB, 250x188
>>338362225
>WvW
>logistics and strategy
>>
>>338354575
>discussing on /v/

It's like you don't actually like video games.
>>
>>338362225

I was talking mainly about the first Guild Wars and it's expansions, which saw quite a bit of class and build variety during it's run in the early 2000's.

Sure, it never took off to become explodingly popular, but anyone who played competitive game modes has very fond memories of it, they even had editors and PvP veterans writing up columns and "State Of The Game" articles weekly / monthly, along with PvP primers for new players.
>>
>>338354575
Honestly the most fun I have in gaming anymore is the first few hours where it's all new.
>>
>>338362392
Don't worry anon, I tuned him out as soon as I heard "GW2"

probably plays a dindu charr too lmao
>>
File: 1376839474487.jpg (109 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1376839474487.jpg
109 KB, 919x720
>tfw inferiority complex
>if I lose I think it's because I fucked up
>if I win I think it's because my team carried my ass
>>
>>338362481
Same here but sometimes I hit gold and stay until the end. Probably why I buy so many games
>>
File: 1454782924235.gif (5 KB, 100x117) Image search: [Google]
1454782924235.gif
5 KB, 100x117
>>338362539
>if i win i hate everyone and they suck
>if i lose i hate everyone and they suck
>hate video games
>>
File: 1460725693278.gif (108 KB, 451x311) Image search: [Google]
1460725693278.gif
108 KB, 451x311
>>338362286
Thats fucking toxic.
Not to say that you weren't being a child, but dude... what the fuck.
He has a point though.
>>
>>338362779
Lol at least I'm not jaded like that, I still have fun nonetheless, it's just that I'm too deep in inferiority complex that I don't give myself the merit of anything
>>
>>338362832
>Toxic
Lytecucks get the fuck out of here
>>
>>338362286
Cant find any decent ones like this one you posted, got any to spare?
>>
File: 1452567454989.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1452567454989.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>try to use fun weapons in dark souls 3 pvp
>LOL NAW DARK SWORD ECKS DEE
>>
File: tIBxTid.png (99 KB, 740x688) Image search: [Google]
tIBxTid.png
99 KB, 740x688
>>338362951
[Insert melodramatic leaving message here]
So who the fuck is this guy?
>>
File: rg.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
rg.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>teammate does something stupid
>point it out and ask him to not doing again
>"OMG YOU ARE JUST FLAMING, REPORTED"!

t. Every MMO game ever
>>
File: 1459716093761.jpg (51 KB, 980x1084) Image search: [Google]
1459716093761.jpg
51 KB, 980x1084
>>338362951
>no sandbox mode because lyte said it was toxic
>lyte leaves
>doesnt take dynamic queue with him
>>
File: 1455615144287.jpg (769 KB, 605x854) Image search: [Google]
1455615144287.jpg
769 KB, 605x854
>>338363058
>>338362959
>>
File: 1462958494315s.jpg (4 KB, 125x84) Image search: [Google]
1462958494315s.jpg
4 KB, 125x84
itt: people misunderstand what a meta is
>>
File: yeah no.gif (350 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
yeah no.gif
350 KB, 250x188
itt: people misunderstand posts
>>
File: 1457267904126.gif (945 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1457267904126.gif
945 KB, 250x236
>>338363342
>1462958494315s.jpg
>s
>>
>>338363327
Are they for real?
>muh official studies shows that you guys are dicks
Even if this is somehow true, thats not a fucking problem, why? Because once again Dota 2 solved this as well, IF you happen to have a rather negative player on your team, not only you can mute their text chat, but also their voice chat. But Riot prefers to pander on their playerbase in all the wrong ways.
>muh innocent womyn
Well then maybe they should grow up and not cry if we call them feeders and maybe then we'll start taking them seriously. post more
>>
It probably makes me a hipster but I have n extreme natural dislike of any type of meta to the point where I will find the most gimmicky shit that is as far away from the meta as possible and then get really good at it to the best you can
>>
>>338362970
I've started using heavy weapons and hyper-armoring through their r1 spam. It's pretty fun to watch them clearly get confused when their "tactics" don't work.
>>
>>338364161
I think the real question is why people are so hostile against girls playing video games. You can bitch all you want about girls only playing games to get the attention of lonely virgins or whatever but my 7 year old niece once got a fight at school because a bunch of kids at school were bullying her for playing Pokemon.

Fucking pokemon.

It wasn't that she was playing Pokemon poorly or was cheating or anything. It wasn't even that she was playing Pokemon. It was that she was a girl with a video game.

You can't deny there's a real and significant attitude that women shouldn't play games at all.
>>
File: justunbind.png (120 KB, 744x527) Image search: [Google]
justunbind.png
120 KB, 744x527
>>338364161
You can't unbind this key in LoL
>>
>following the meta
>not being one of the retards who try stupid shit just to see if it works that then gets picked up by increasing amounts of people and becomes the new meta
lmao
>>
File: 1451421342015.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451421342015.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>338365012
Personally, im ok with girls playing games, even if they suck at them, but what i cant stand is said girls think that they are actually "hardcore gamers" and that they deserve to be treated like idols or whatever only because they play games. And as i said before it gets rather stupid when these girls literally get sad over being called bad in a game. Both genders handle the whole issue bad i agree, but the females arent helping much because in fact they dont really care about gaming, most of them see it as the hot new thing everyone is doing and that if they hop on it they gonna get instant attention and sadly the minority of girls who actually enjoy gaming get on our bad side aswell (hence, no girls on the internet) We need more non-attention whoring girls in gaming to change things up and boobie-streamers certainly dont help things much.

>>338365487
>mfw every single key can be manipulated n any way in Dota 2
>>
File: literally cancer.png (125 KB, 1026x1065) Image search: [Google]
literally cancer.png
125 KB, 1026x1065
>>338365012
Yes, but instead of addressing it somehow they just go LOLYOUGUYS CANT HAVE VOICECHAT BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL DICKS STUDIES SAY. Pic related is the community/audience Riot wants, they want an audience they can babysit and tell what's right and wrong.

t. former leaguebab
>>
>>338366034
>Riot Onii-chan! They make fun of me!!!! DO SOMETHING!!!!
On the other hand im glad we dont have that sort of shit in Dota 2, most of the time if someone's a dick and then you're a dick to them. or try your best to wreck their ass and act like a pro at the end.
>>
What was the point of this thread again? Playing to defeat an opponent is not having fun? Or is it about picking weapon/character/ability/powerup you don't like? If I avoid picking Fillia because she's underwhelming and I prefer Eliza, does that mean I'm having badwrongfun?
>>
>>338367553
Following the meta blindly instead doing what you want and having fun: The tread
>>
>>338367785
Or when others insist you follow the meta and prevent you from having fun too, I assume.

What annoys me is when someone assumes I'm following the meta because I choose a character but really it's just because I like'em and not because of the meta or whatever. Maybe they're my waifu, maybe they're the only person I'm good with. Ain't because some forum post told me to do so
>>
>>338357202

>some games require you to play meta in order to win against people who are decent at the game

Most competitive players are shit though.
>>
File: 1433104089104.gif (2 MB, 250x373) Image search: [Google]
1433104089104.gif
2 MB, 250x373
>my team are playing 100% perfectly
>I make a minor mistake every 40 mins or so
>get paranoid they're going to notice
>>
File: 1437833619949.jpg (34 KB, 388x463) Image search: [Google]
1437833619949.jpg
34 KB, 388x463
>>338359082

>be me at local FNM
>right after SoI released
>played the Nissa-Gideon token combo before it won the pro-tour
>people at the LGS made fun of me because I didn't play one of the kewl/meta decks to play at that time
>made fun of me because "lol Nissa is a shit card, no one plays this shit xD"
>went 2nd place that evening

>went to that LGS after G/W tokens won the protour
>the people who made fun of me now all play G/W tokens
>mfw
>>
>>338372846
>playing standard
laughinglhurgoyfs.png
>>
>>338372846
>Tfw people love playing against me because they have 70% chance to win against my randomass jank meme decks
My biggest meme was probably Circle of flame into Polymorph's jest
>>
>Official meta only uses a shitty format
>Fanmade meta is filled with ridiculous bans that are sometimes complex
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.