[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkest Dungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: Untitled.png (973 KB, 1285x747) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
973 KB, 1285x747
Just got my first town event.
Neat.

How you liking them, /v/?

Also, DaDg thread.
>>
>>338352314
are you enjoying your rng adventure pirate scum kid?
>>
>>338352463
>Stop liking what I don't like

Never change /v/
>>
>>338352527
He is right though, the RNG is strong in this one.
>>
>>338352314
so far i got free building upgrade and then an artshow and it had two of my antiquarians. i don't quite understand what it does though.

Is there any info on all the town events?
>>
File: Untitled2.png (832 KB, 1287x748) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
832 KB, 1287x748
>>338352314
Thats adorable They added a little smith outside the blacksmith - probably because of the town event.

Also notice that they added some subtle lighting animations to the windows of the town, pulsing like theyre glowing. And smoke from the chimney is moving.

>>338352609
Yeah I agree, but the RNG is part of why I like the game. Not everyone is gonna like it.
>>
Who /yolo/ here?

Touching every single thing on road, even without materials and going in with few food and touches?
>>
>>338353087
that sounds like a short playthrough.

>>338353087
>/yolo/
dont
>>
>>338352813
I personally hate RNG heavy games, luck is not skill. However, I liked Darkest Dungeon at first, the problem is that the game becomes a grindfest later on because low level mercs can't go into high level dungeons and in a similar way veteran mercs refuse to enter low level ones.
>>
>>338353247
>low level mercs can't go into high level dungeons
They can, mate.
In fact thats a good way to level up low level heroes fast, because of more XP. But of course only bring 1 low level with a good team (or 2 if youre feeling over-confident). A team full of low levels will get raped in high level dungeons.
>>
File: 1453700701102.png (242 KB, 700x634) Image search: [Google]
1453700701102.png
242 KB, 700x634
hate this faggot so much
>>
File: Untitled.png (968 KB, 1280x744) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
968 KB, 1280x744
Cool
>>
File: Untitled.png (944 KB, 1286x747) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
944 KB, 1286x747
>>338356518
Little Houndmaster and dog
>>
File: Untitled.png (996 KB, 1287x748) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
996 KB, 1287x748
Bumping dead thread.
>2 new bounty hunters
>no room for them
>>
>>338358183
how do I make the gog.com version of the game easier??

the regular mods only seem to crash my game
>>
>>338358371
Not sure. I have steam version.
>>
>>338355651

I swear to god this faggot just LOVES to give 0 to 3 heals at the most crucial times.
>>
>>338352609
>RNG is inherently a bad thing
>>338352314
>luck is not skill

Coping with bad luck and making the best out of a bad situation, however, is skill.

And arguably, learning (or reading up on gamefaqs) how to respond to predictable situations and then reproducing said action over and over in unchanging stimulus-response settings is less skillful. It's something you can teach animals, after all.
>>
>>338360213
no. its a character trait
>>
File: 6.png (281 KB, 768x607) Image search: [Google]
6.png
281 KB, 768x607
I wish there was a casual difficulty so my party would stop dying. 2/10 - IGN
>>
>>338355651
When i start playing again im only taking that guy with me on high bleed resist runs.
>>
>>338360471
there are gameplay options you can switch on and off (corpses, enemy crits, etc... and now you can even switch off town events or make them more frequent)
>>
>>338360643
>enemy crits
Holy fuck what casual would switch that off?
>>
File: allover.png (193 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
allover.png
193 KB, 400x400
My main complaint is that the game made the ending so dumb. Like yeah I understand when you're dealing with lovecraftian bullshit you're really gonna get fucked up, forever, but you had to go through so much shit just to be given an ending that literally says 'nothing of what you've just done mattered at all' and i hated it for that.
>>
I really enjoyed the game until I had like 5 guys I use on Level, but yet more Level 1 quests like the siren.
How are you supposed to level up and do the quests in a good way/order?
>>
>>338361206
Level 3 I mean
>>
>>338353247
I don't know when you stopped playing the game, but it is a lot less grindy now. Heck, there is even a town event that lets your high level guys go into a lower level dungeon, you can use this to clear out bosses.
>>
>>338355651
Cleansing Crystal is a must for Occultist if you're using him as primary healer. Demon's Cauldron helps offset the debuff penalty.
>>
File: ripinpeacebrah.png (38 KB, 551x177) Image search: [Google]
ripinpeacebrah.png
38 KB, 551x177
>>338360818
nah man nah that was at least a bit of interesting twist which at least if you like it or not can at least be said to at least be a little neat.

But fuck those fucker that at least i dont know if they have changed it since last time ive played it which was admittedly months ago, but god fucking damn it was that stupidly named new game plus/hard mode thing the stupidest shit for them to fucking add.
Cause god damn it did i feel like it was such a fucking waste man god damn. I fucking beat the thing as much as against the thing possible and even fucking manage to burst dps the shit out of the final boss that due to a mistake in my part i only fucking lost a single god damned hero at the final boss all for fucking god damned nothing. I beat it and just got the same fucking ending cinematic even though all i did was fucking against what that fucker says during the fucking cinematic.
I felt so god damned cheated that if i fucking could i would have refunded the fucking game if i could in anyway possible if it hadnt been for me putting in so much god damned time into it man shity as niger fuck.

fuck them lazy shity dev cunts, fuck them all to hell
>>
>NG+
>dont even get to keep your gears and upgrades
I thought that was the the fucking point of NG+
>>
>>338353247
Luck is not skill but dealing with RNG is actually a skill.
>>
>>338358183
>not making room for more bounty hunters
>not running as many bounty hunters as you possibly can
I call bullshit.
>>
>it's a /v/ complains about RNG episode

honestly the only time you should lose characters in Darkest Dungeon is if you walk into a level completely unprepared and with a terrible team comp or you get too cocky and don't just escape and take your losses
>>
>>338362014
>honestly the only time you should lose characters in Darkest Dungeon is if you walk into a level completely unprepared
This has been the only time I have lost heroes, aside from sending a bunch of level 1's into a DD quest for shits and giggles. And that one time Wyrd Reconstruction shat all over my day.

>got a Man-at-Arms idle resolve level+ event
>only Man-at-Arms in the roster was 1 XP away from a level
>>
>>338362357
Is that a /vg/ thread?
>>>/vg/142535997
>>
>>338362520
shit, thanks
>>
>>338362014
I lost at least one guy at every boss because muh gimmicks.
Except brigade pounder.
LIGHT THE MATCH. BOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>338361797

This needs to be the response to every "/v/ hates rng" thread.

The skill is in properly managing something which is unpredictable. Accept that you can't win every battle and sometimes you will fail through no fault of your own. Maximize your odds, be ready to cut your losses, and don't rely on a single roll of the dice to make your strategy work.
>>
>>338362768
>I lost at least one guy at every boss because muh gimmicks.
That counts as being unprepared. If you know the gimmick or figure it out fast enough, boss fights are a lot easier.
>>
File: 20160518163927_1.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160518163927_1.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>338362857
>If you know the gimmick or figure it out fast enough, boss fights are a lot easier.
fuck this bitch, though
I managed to escape with 1 person left at 5hp
>>
>>338362857

this

bosses are actually pretty easy if you have a proper team comp to fight against them, but the first fight is usually going to go badly since you don't know what to expect
>>
>playing darkest dungeon
>thinking about posting a thread on /v/
>"nah, no one plays this shit"
>see this

wew lad
How the fuck am I suppose to make the Jester viable. He sucks dick as a damage dealer or he just needs lvl and items?
>>
>>338363252
stress heal and speed buffs
>>
>>338363252

the jester is a more of a support character. his accuracy and crit buff is great and the stress heal is reason enough to bring him. he's also does decent bleed damage and is a good character in a party comp that shuffles positions a lot
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.