[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just unlocked the Airship. Everyone of my characters is like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Ffxboxart.jpg (37 KB, 250x365) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ffxboxart.jpg
37 KB, 250x365
I just unlocked the Airship. Everyone of my characters is like 10 spaces from completing their respective paths in the spherography, do I need to go and grind before facing Sin or is it enough? I never really skipped fights and grinded a bit on the highbridge and right now all enemies give shit exp.
I've seen there's some optional content but it's all super grindy stuff and I would prefer to skip it and move to X-2 if possible.
>>
I recommend you enjoy all the optional end game content there is and just skip X-2.
>>
>>338352430
No, I don't care. End game content from what I see is
>Go and capture monsters for hours
>Go grind monsters for hours
>Grind hours in order to craft weapons
>Go and do some of the worst minigames ever made
I couldn't care less. I will not spend tens of hours just to beat some monster with retarded high stats.
>>
>>338352895

There are the extra summons, and the extra dungeon that has one of the extra summons in it.
>>
if you do sidequests the end game is piss easy
>>
>>338353149
If they are not necessary I would gladly skip them. I almost never used them besides for blasting bosses.
To be honest, I quite dislike this game, this is why I'm trying to complete it as fast as possible.
>>
>>338352895
you're dead on, that's exactly what it all is. The Chocobo timer thing is probably the most tedious and aggravating thing I've ever done in a game. And of course, the endless hours of grinding. Just finish the game and go to X-2.
I would just advance your characters a little bit into the next part of the sphere grid and you should be ready; most of Sin isn't that bad but the final boss can be annoying the way the battle is set up.
>>
>>338353210

Eh, well I got stuck on sin for a bit, I was a little underleveled, lower level than you, so I just grinded the guys right outside his fight until I was strong enough, even then it was a tough fight. I didn't do any of the side shit either.
>>
How much damage are your three attackers doing? There's a quick, dirty way to destroy everything till the end, or you can grind until you do 9999 damage.

The final boss has 120,000 HP, and there's a boss before it that has 140,000 HP AND you need to defeat it in a certain turn limit. If you don't see yourself doing 140,000 damage in 8 turns (I think that's it), then you either grind more or use way I talked about.
>>
>>338353210
So stop playing it. If you already don't like X you sure as hell aren't going to enjoy X-2 since it's more of the same plus fan service.
>>
>>338353347
No, I will complete it and then play the next one. Why should I stop playing when I'm so close to the end?
I just don't want to do useless side content that's basically only grinding. I don't like to grind and I don't enjoy looking at my stats go up. I just want to enjoy good, challenging fights.
>>338353339
A DSP check? Fucking seriously? Well jee, this game sure wants to play hard to get. I almost raped Yunalesca though, which I was told was one of the big baddies, shouldn't I be strong enough?
>>
>>338353514
don't listen to what that guy said, X-2 has a completely different battle system and way of playing, it's not nearly as linear as X.
>>
>>338353514
>I just want to enjoy good, challenging fights

The only challenging and rewarding fights are all locked behind monster captures, there are tons of bosses you can only fight if you capture enough monsters. The fights inside sin are just hasted yuna casting -aga spells.
>>
>>338353514
How much damage are you doing?
The boss I'm talking about will pull your characters in and start charging his overdrive. For the first 2 or 3 turns, only Wakka or magic users can hit him. You have to pile up 140,000 damage before he fills his overdrive, or it's Game Over.

If you want the quick way, look online how to do one of Rikku's overdrives, "Trio of 9999". This is a buff that gives every action 9999 (9999 damage if you attack, 9999 HP if you heal) for one fight. You can then use one of Tidus' overdrives to do over 60,000 damage in one turn.
>>
>>338351189
>Go get Anima (an optional summon) you've faced it before.
>Then go to Sin.
Remember to summon Anima against a certain somebody. Seymour. He says an extra line during the fight

Don't grind or the end will be too easy to enjoy.
>>
>>338353941
>implying he got all Destruction Spheres
>implying Dark Valefor won't rape him
>>
>>338353832
Not nearly enough. Tidus does between 2500 and 5000, Wakka does a standard 5k and Auron overkills for 8900.

Great. Fucking great. So the entire game is easy as fuck and requires almost zero grinding but right at the end it wants me to enjoy his "optional content" with monsters that only give 5000 exp and are tanky as balls. Fuck me.
>>
>>338353980
Yojimbo can auto kill anything just incase. I did it on one of my playthroughs for something I missed.

Afterall he said he didn't care about any of the extras. He could auto kill all of them if he felt like it.
>>
>>338353989
If you're good on money, you can get an optional aeon at the Cavern of Stolen Fayth. You can pay him millions of gil and he'll kill any enemy in the game.
>>
>>338351189

Are you me?!

I also just a little behind the Airship and intend to fucking Rush this Game because im absolutly not satisified with X.

IMO X-2 is the MUCH better game
>>
>>338353989
I looked here, and you have 16 turns to do 140,000 damage, not 8. For the first 2 or 3 turns, only long-range attacks can hit him.
When I say "turns", I mean "enemy turns", not your turns. So if you caste Haste on everyone, you can attack more than 1 for every enemy turn.
>>
>>338354313
Too bad my anonymous friend, seems like we'll have to enjoy our compelling "optional content".
>>
>>338354397
you're being a bit dramatic, you just need to grind a little. That big battle everyone is talking about isn't difficult at all, and I didn't grind at all beforehand, only a little bit before the final battle in the area right outside of it.
>>
>>338354397
Why? No, I will not...

I really dont care about all the farming just to kill some bosses.

>FFX Yuna ist so mentaly retarded and slow
>Tidus is like 10 years old me
>ALL THE EDGES
>You have constantly swap characters so you level them evenly
>Blitzball
>The fucking boring SphereGrid

As soon as Credits Roll, Yuna, Rikku and Paine it is.

And then NG+, I also have the Original Walktrough here.
>>
>>338354552
>>338354728

Or I will just skip the farming by Cheating, also an option
>>
>>338354728
If you disliked FFX, you'll want to kill yourself when you start FFX-2. The only improvement between games is that you can skip cutscenes in FFX-2. The rest is too different to be considered an improvement.
>>
>>338354797
Cheat and get every item.
Rikku overdrive, Mix two Wings to Discovery.
Trio of 9999.
Death.
>>
>>338354851
You are so wrong did you even play both? I 100% X-2 before, and it was MUCH more fun than X.

Litteraly everthing is different on there

>The fight system
>The level system
>the minigames
>the sidequest
>the bossfights
>>
File: dongSizes.png (213 KB, 343x432) Image search: [Google]
dongSizes.png
213 KB, 343x432
>>338353514
>mfw I paid Yojimmyboy 60k just to see how much damage he could do to Yunalesca's final form
> mfw he 1 shot her.
>>
Ok, ok. I just defeated the dps check during the exact last turn before he killed us all. Thanks tidus, thank fucking god for being so quick.

I suppose I am just barely levelled enough, this is a relief.
>>
>>338357463
what was your setup, I'm trying to beat him as well. I'm hoping 3x megaflare from bahamut will help
>>
>>338357593
Every character with auto-med, although they can't use for confusion and petrify.
Hastega at the beginning of the fight.
Armor break.
Auron/Tidus/Wakka. Wakka is a fucking beast in this game man, never unederestimate a blitzball.
I am still somehow around 10AP away from competing their spherography path but the dps was more than enough. I feel I would've taken a couple less turns if he didn't get them petrified every damn time (you lose haste that way).

I didn't use the Eons, I suppose going in with all of them fully charged helps even better.

Dps checks are the worst mechanic to artificially pad game length, I hate this shit so fucking much
>>
i watched my friend beat x like 10 years ago because i never owned a ps2

jumped straight into x-2 for the fap bait, was not dissapointed
>>
>>338357762
wakka is great, he's only doing ~1,050 damage to Sin though.
>>
>>338357874
Have you used armor break on him? Auron's skill.
>>
>>338357909
yeah, he's doing ~4.5k now. Maybe I can still do it. I think I should try for armor break from range, too.
>>
>>338358042
You do more damage than me. It's ok.
>>
>>338358081
CONFUUUSSIONN. god damn. I was so close, i think. Time to get auto med.
>>
>>338358143
Auto med doesn't work for confusion
>>
>>338358278
Then I just need to get good.
>>
>>338358278
WAKKA MY MAIN MAN! holy shit, he was going to over drive if that hit missed.
>>
>>338357762
The fuck's a DPS check?
>>
>>338359051
Do X amount damage in Y time or die.
>>
>>338353210
why do people do this?
>>
>>338359601
Because to me grinding monsters for hours just to unlock some "extra content" that was gaited behind arbitrary stats numbers instead of providing actual challenge in a way to pad the game (It takers hundreds of hours to complete a find fantasy! Such enriching experience!) is akin to boot up minecraft and dig a ten kilometers tunnel in rock using only a wooden pickaxe.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.