[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we get amazing star wars games like this anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 0.jpg (78 KB, 350x497) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
78 KB, 350x497
Why can't we get amazing star wars games like this anymore? We had KotOR, KotOR 2 and pic related (and to a lesser extent, rebel strike). We had the first 2 battlefronts and jedi outcast. We had empire at war, which I thought was awesome. We had the clone wars video game from 2003. Even lego star wars was fun for a little while. What do we have now? A half finished EA reboot of battlefront and an MMO that has many fans wishing for a true KotOR 3.
>>
Cuz Didney needed mo money for rabbit hips.
>>
>>338350567
Jorge had already killed the studio long before the Disney buyout. He made them focus on those godawful Force Unleashed games because they were the only ones selling.
>>
>>338350026
>Doesn't mention TIE Fighter
Reeeeeeeebel scum

Essentially >>338350667

SW production has been fucked for years, even before Disney - Lucasarts ended up just as bad (just look at KotOR II getting fucked over or Bioware's trash mmo)
Doesn't help that Bioware went to hell as a studio before they were given the rights to the MMO
>>
>>338350026
>no TIE Fighter or Jedi Knight

Fucking kids these days.
>>
>>338352691
>he doesn't know jedi outcast is part of the jedi knight series
>>
>>338352878
Except I don't mean the series, I mean the second one.
>>
File: 0.jpg (14 KB, 256x324) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
14 KB, 256x324
>>338352928
jedi outcast is the second one, hence the II. an improvement over the 2 part dark forces game.
>>
>>338353045
>jedi outcast is the second one, hence the II
>Doesn't view it as the third one

Fucking kids these days.

>an improvement over the 2 part dark forces game.

Get out of here.
>>
>>338353045
just like modern warfare 2 was an improvement on the four part call of duty game, of course
>>
>>338353163
bad bait. you can see the "II" in the title and your nostalgia doesn't make dark forces better.

>implying Desann isn't a better villain than Jerec.

>>338353480
this is just bad bait.
>>
>>338353670
Are you fucking retarded? Outcast is the third game in the franchise, after Dark Forces and Jedi Knight. What is difficult to understand about this?
>>
Because gaming is dead
>>
>>338353759
ah, you mean the second game in the franchise, as in part 2 of the first game, but an entire game nonetheless. outcast is still better. sorry bud.
>>
>>338353942
>you mean the second game in the franchise

Was it the part where I said "I mean the second one" that clued you in to that?

>part 2 of the first game

Yeah, you keep trying that damage control. "It's not a sequel, it's part 2, so really I was right all along". Sure.
>>
>>338354168
it is part 2 of the first game. that's why it's called dark forces 2 and jedi outcast is jedi knight II. you can't argue with the official logo.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.